Secret Message

Princess With Two Mates
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leah, Kai and L reached the end of the Werewolf territory. Now they were in the Barren waste lands of Vampire territory. There was only one village that survives in these lands and they happened to be ruthless. The King's personal killing machines. Breed to become assassins. 

It was a dangerous path ahead. With water scarce and the Vampires known as Reavers that ruled the barren waste lands. 

Before they arrived to the end of the bordered, Kai and L stocked up with plenty of blood with Leah doing the same, only with water instead. But they all had no idea how long their souses would last them. 

Leah looked at the two brothers on both side of her. 

"Do you think we will run into the Reavers." Leah asked with concern. She heard stories, about the desert Vampires and how strong they are. How they were able to wipe out a whole Werewolf village in one night. But she honestly felt at ease knowing both Kai and L were beside her. 

"Nawww. I don't think so. But we better avoid them. They might bring word back to our father on our whereabouts." L stated walking ahead first. 

Kai turned his head. His eyes showing comfort to Leah. Making her smile and step out of her territory. 

"Wow." She mused excitedly. 

"What." Kai said coming up beside her.

"This is the first time I have ever stepped in Vampire territory. In fact this is the furthest I have ever been from home." 

L laughed while Kai showed a tiny form of a smirk. As he walked ahead. Leah looked down then back towards her territory. 

"I guess there is no turning back now." She said running ahead of Kai and L. Leah enjoyed running freely. She ran ahead finding herself running over a large sand hill. 

She reached the top finding the view a little heartbreaking. Sand... Hills and hills of sand and nothing more. She deflated her shoulders letting out a large sighed, both Kai and L smiling at her reaction to the endless view of Sand.

"What do you expect. This is the barren waste lands of Vampire territory. You better get use to it, because for the next three days this is all we are going to see." Kai said walking passed her, giving her a little shove. 

Leah needed to do something, before she went any further. She sat down getting out a pen and paper.

"Wait. I need to do something first." 

L paused while Kai kept going. "Ill just keep going. Don't take to long." Kai said as he kept walking. 

L patiently waited, watching her as she wrote something down. Once she was finished she whistled, calling a falcon to her. Making L eyes widen. 

"W-when did you have a bird." L asked watching her place the note in the birds feet. 

"He has always been following me. His name is Rufus. I found him when he was a baby in the meadow. He is my personal messenger." She beamed petting the bird on its chest. She lifted her hand up high with the brid taking off. 

Leah gathered her things and patted L on the chest as she walked passed him. 

"Common. Lets go." She said. 

L nodded as he joined her by her side. "Rufus. That's the name you gave him."

"Ya, it was the first thing that popped in my head. I am not really good at coming with names." She confessed with an embarrassed look. 

"I noticed." He teased. 

Leah opened , shock that he actually said that. She playfully shoved him. 

"That was not nice." she said after her second attempt to cause him to lose his balance. 

"I was only agreeing with you." He mentioned giving her another cheeky smile. 

Leah looked away from him finding Kai only a few feet from them. She looked at L with her eyes in narrow slits, before she ran next to Kai, taking his arm into her's. 

Kai looked down at her with a questionable look. Waiting for her to say something.

She looked up at Kai with puppy dog eyes and her lower lip sticking out. Kai had to admit it was rather adorable to see. 

"Kai, please beat your brother for me." She asked smiling. 

L crinkled his nose at her request, but smiled soon after. Kai raised both his brows, turning to face his brother before returning his gaze on Leah. 

"I am to lazy. Maybe some other time." He said looking ahead. 

Leah released her arm, throwing both of her arms in the air, throwing her head back in frustration. 

"You ." She stated sticking her tongue out, as Kai looked at her once she threw her comment out there. 

"You are perfectly cable of harming him yourself. You don't need me." Kai stated.

"That may be true, but It is 100 degrees out and I need to preserve my energy for the next few days." She casually informed walking passed him, all proud. 

Kai looked at his brother L who looked shocked but soon busted out in laughter. Leah as well couldn't hide her smile and joined in his laughter. 

"Your hopeless." L managed to say between his fit of laughter. 

"Shut up." Leah said smiling. "Common. Lets get moving. I am losing energy as we speak." She said fanning herself. 


The sun started setting, Leah looked around but found no type of shelter, anywhere. Making her just fop down on the ground where she stood. 

"Ugh, I am tired." She said falling back, looking up at the now dark sky.

Kai and L looked around, scanning the area. Nothing in their view. They both took a seat. Making a small circle. With Leah in-between. 

L leaned his hands back using them for support as he arched his head back to look up at the appearing stars. Kai found a small stick and stared lazily drawing in the sand. Leah on the other hand, already passed out from the exhasting day. ]

"I am surprise she can pass out that fast." L mentioned turning his head to look at her. As her light snoring filled the area. 

Kai nodded his head as he too looked at Leah sleeping body spread out in the sand. 

"You get some sleep. I'll take the first watch." Kai mentioned getting up from his spot to have a look around.

L no

Please log in to read the full chapter