Cooking for 20

This SHINee Girl's Love Pain From Living with SHINee

 

I sat up and stretched , then looked at the time 6:30 AM. I thought about it, I'm about to make breakfast for 20 people including myself...how long would that take? I got up and went to check the refrigerator to see if there was even enough food in the fridge for 20 people.

"Kyung, what are you doing up so early?" Kibum asked.

I jumped and held back a scream, " Oppa you scared me, and i should be asking you the same thing."

Kibum paused, " I think i have to leave, or maybe i should have left earlier."

I sighed, " Stay for breakfast? That's all I'm asking for. It's going to be a while until we see you again."

Kibum gave me that killer smile which was visible due to the light from the fridge, " Fine. " He looked into the fridge, " Is that enough food or should i go buy some for you?"

I thought about it some more , " I don't think any stores are open at this time. Ah can you bring me some stuff from your guy's dorm? I only need a few more things." I grabbed a sticky note from the fridge and scribbled stuff down, " Here you go Oppa. "

He looked it over, "  I think we have all this in our dorm, but you should start cooking." He smiled, " It might take a while." and then he left for the Suju dorm upstairs.

I bit my lip, "What in the world should i make....?" I asked aloud

"Huh looks like I'm no longer the first person to wake up in our dorm anymore." A whisper from Jonghyun called from behind me.

"What's with guys and sneaking up on me when I'm trying to cook?" I whispered back.

He shrugged, " Should i wake up the others like i usually do?" Even with the small light in the kitchen i could see him smiling.

" No, help me cook instead." I replied and turned back to thinking, " Hmm how does sookju namul ( bean sprout salad) , steamed tofu with dipping sauce, chapchae ( Korean stir fry noodles) , gaeran mari ( Korean rolled pancake) , gaeran jim ( steamed egg) , kongjaban ( Korean sweet black peas) for side dishes? We'll just make a a lot more servings for each dish."

He thought about it, " Sounds good. What about soup?"

I paused, " Baechu gook ( Korean cabbage soup) or Yukaejang ( spicy beef soup) ?"

He grinned, " Both. What about meat and fish?"

" Ah I guess since Donghae's here we'll put a seafood dish. How's Saeng Sun Jim ( Korean braised fish) and saeng sun jun ( pan fried fish) sound?"

Jonghyun nodded, " Meat?"

" I was getting there, ah we could make a bunch of dumplings with different meat fillings. Um oh and deng shim gui ( grilled steak) and galbi!"

"Galbi takes forever to make."

I smiled, " I woke up in the middle of the night and marinated the meat in my room" xD I laughed a bit, " So it just needs to be cooked now. Then I'll just cut some fruit for after breakfast and then you guys can all go to your schedules with full stomachs ^^" 

" If we eat all that, i don't think we'll even need lunch." He chuckled

"Joking aside now, start cooking rice Jonghyun." I mumbled, going commando mode on him.

He did as he was told, " What if we wake them up?" He asked.

Kibum walked in, " They wouldn't wake up even if you two were playing the drums right now. Just cook." He set a bag on the counter, " Got al the stuff you needed Kyung. Do you need me to help?"

" If you want, but i would prefer it if you slept."

"Yah you're making me help." Jonghyun complained.

I rolled my eyes, " You can go back to sleep if you want. I don't care, I'm pretty sure breakfast for 20 is capable for me to cook in..' I paused, " What time do they usually wake up?"

"2 hours from now." Jonghyun replied.

" Yes, so breakfast for 20 is able to be made in two hours by myself. Happy? Now go back to bed or something if you don't want to help."

Kibum went back to join Suju and fell asleep and i guess Jonghyun felt bad so he stayed and helped me ;D.