Yeah, Life is Difficult

Cold Hearted Man

 

July 20, 2015

Canada

 

I completed shading Heechul’s eyes and leaned back to see the portrait better. Those eyes that I missed so much, those eyes that always said “I love you.”

My cold hearted man

I scribbled at the bottom and added a heart next to it.

“Umma,” Cherry ran to me and hugged my leg. “Everyone’s here.” She said in Korean. Cherry is smart for a four-year old girl, since she can speak Korean and English, and understood Chinese.

“Do you want to see your present first?” I asked and she nodded enthusiastically. I handed her a cylinder silver box with a pink ribbon tied on it. She grinned and opened the lid.

“Wah!” she exclaimed and her grin reached her ears. She stared at the drawing, it was her between a man and her mother. She assumed the man was her father seeing how her eyes and her nose were similar with the man’s, and her facial shape and lips were similar to her mother.

“I love it,” she said and hugged me.

“Let’s go, everyone is waiting.” I said as I felt the tears were threatening to fall. I glanced at the mirror and fixed my bangs before going downstairs.

“Happy Birthday!” a chorused yelled followed by a noise.

After singing, blowing the candles and cut the cake, Cherry had went to play with her great grandparents while I sat with Henry watching her.

“It’s still weird to be called Uncle Henry,” Henry said and I laughed.

“Yeah, it doesn’t suit you.” I said.

“Here,” he said giving me an envelope with a ribbon.

“What’s this?” I asked in confusion.

“Cherry’s birthday present.” He said.

“And why did you give this to me..?” I asked.

“Because you’re her mother?” he said and we laughed. I opened it and looked at him with mixed feelings.

“What do you think when you bought this?” I asked my voice was shaking.

“It’s Mom’s.” he said and I looked over my shoulder and met with her eyes. She gave me an encouraging smile and I looked back at Henry.

“You can’t hide forever you know.” Henry said softly. He was the only one who can see both of them suffering.

“I’m going to Seoul two days before you do,” he added.

“Who said I’m going?” I asked.

“Heechul hyung deserves to know that he is a father.” Henry said.

“How many years has it been? 5 years. Don’t you think that he has already moved on?” I asked.

“Yeah, and that’s why he’s alone.” Henry said and rolled his eyes.

“Men can’t really wait that long.” I shrugged, trying to appear nonchalant when inside, I prayed that he was still waiting for me.

“Trust me, you have to go. I can ask Dad to drug you and send you two to airport.” Henry said.

“Where do we live?” I asked, giving up. Henry’s face lit up.

“Okay, Mom’s friend needs a makeup artist to work with her at the salon, and there’s an apartment near the salon. Jenn is going to pick you up at the airport.” He said.

“You know what? I’m not actually hiding. I’m just not ready to see him. I feel so guilty for the pain that he bears.” I told him and he put a hand on my shoulder.

“Well, it’s time for you to see him.” He said gently.

“Since when did you grow up?” I asked ruffling his hair and we laughed.

I looked back at the two airlines tickets in my hand, two airlines tickets to Seoul.

 

Five days later- Seoul

 

There was another week left before Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Siwon returned from their army duties.

“Henry! Ma man!” Henry was attacked by Heechul when he opened the dorm's door.

“Hyung, are you drunk?” he asked earning a smack at the head.

“Everyone! Living room now!” Heechul shouted. Yesung, Kangin, Shindong and Ryeowook came to the living room hearing the elder's voice. Kyuhyun was being dragged by Heechul to the living room after he refused to leave his games.

“Hyung, why are you so happy?” Ryeowook asked with a frown.

“Did he just go mad?” Kangin asked.

“I heard that, Raccoon!” Heechul said and he clapped his hands to get their attentions. The door bell rang again and Heechul dashed toward the door and pulled/dragged Leeteuk and Hankyung into the living room.

“What now?” Hankyung complained in his thick Chinese accent when Heechul suddenly spun and twirled him around. He was already tired from his schedule and now his friend was acting crazy. There were only two explanations. Either his best friend has gone crazy or he has taken drugs.

“After 5 months keeping a secret from you, I want to tell you something.” Heechul began.

“What is it?” Leeteuk who was tired asked.

“Yeah, hyung, I’m tired and I want to unpack.” Henry said.

“My game-”

“OKAY! OKAY! I’ll make it short.” Heechul said holding his hands up.

“Drum rolls!” he exclaimed! Shindong and Leeteuk shared a look and made the sound. Whatever, everyone wanted to go back to their business.

“I’m dating Tiffany.” Heechul said and everyone’s jaw dropped.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked.

“We’ve been dating for five months.” Heechul shrugged.

“That’s it?” Hankyung asked and Heechul nodded. A few curse words came from his mouth as he walked back to his room that he shared with Heechul.

“Hannie yah~ Are you mad? Hannie yah~” Heechul called after his best friend and followed him into the room.

“The old Heechul is back.” Shindong commented.

“I don’t know whether to feel happy or not.” Leeteuk said as he massaged his temples.

“What’s with you?” Kyuhyun asked, noticing Henry who has been quiet all along. Henry looked up, seeing his hyungs were waiting for him to answer the question.

“Violet is coming back in two days.” He said.

“You can’t be serious!” Leeteuk gaped.

“Ah, my head.” Shindong and Yesung said at the same time and sat down on the couch lifelessly.

 

How can life be so difficult?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Another unexpected plot from me! Hahaha^^

How I wish in the future all fifteen will be together! 

It’s 2015 everyone! kekeke