Wake Up!

Cold Hearted Man

Violet POV

 

I decided to keep the yogurt for a while (revenge!). After feeding my cats, (one mine, another is my sister’s) I cooked and ate my dinner. I cooked more meats for my sister and packed her dinner.

“Mochi-ah! Honey-ah! I’ll be going to see Jenny arasso? Annyeong!” I said putting on my coat and mask. Mochi is Jane's, he's a white Persian cat while Honey is mine. She's an orange Persian cat. Both of them were given by Henry for Super Junior M's success in Super Girl. I took a cab and went to Seoul Private Hospital. It’s not that I don’t have license, I do. But I don’t have a car for a while. It broke down and I can only take it tomorrow morning. Seoul Private Hospital was the hospital for famous people. Media hardly get through the hospital to get some gossips. I didn’t say I’m famous, but among rookie models, I was and still famous. Plus with Henry’s popularity and to avoid controversy, I sent my sister there.

“Violet Lau, I’m visiting Jennifer Lau.” I told the nurse at the reception to get my daily pass. She nodded her head and gave me a pass.

I went into the elevator and pressed for 5th floor. Here visitor won’t disturb you as they scared their ‘unseen’ life is seen. I headed for ward 514 and saw my pale sister.

“Yah, still not waking up?” I asked her. No answer. I took a sit and like what I did every day, I talked to her. My mom died in a car accident, however, my sister was safe but she slipped into coma. Tomorrow will be the 1st anniversary of my mother’s death. That was the reason why I got some purple hair extensions at salon. My mother loved the color of violet. Back to my sister, she was fine and she should be waking up since 4 months ago. The doctor couldn’t find the reason why she wouldn’t wake up. My guess, she was feeling guilty.

I talked to her and talked and talked and talked. But she isn’t going to wake up. And I somehow realized the fact.

“Yah! You think you lied down here is free? These things that were attached to you are expensive, understand? So wake up! I worked every day to pay for these, so you better wake up.” I muttered some curses and got up. “I’ll be going first, okay? Wake up soon,” I said for the last time and squeezed her hand. Dad did give me money to pay for her hospital cost but I only saved them in my bank account. My grandfather is one of the wealthiest families in Hong Kong, my father is a successful businessman, why would I work hard like this? Busying myself makes me think less about the accident. Besides, my mother would love to see me as a successful makeup artist, it was her job. I sighed throwing a last glance at Jennifer and grabbed the dinner that I packed. I returned the pass at the counter.

“For you, I hope it has not cool down.” I said to the nurse and put the Tupperware at the counter. Do you believe me? Since the accident, I’ve been doing the same thing. Nothing changed. Nothing seemed to change. Nothing.

 

But it seemed like fate has other plans for me that will change my life.