Love in the Ice

Cold Hearted Man

 

“Donghae-yah, gwenchana?” Sungmin asked as he sat next to him opening the cap of his bottle and gulped half of the water in the bottle. They just finished practicing for two hours and there was 15 minutes break.

“Annyeong haseyo,” Hye Li and Cho Hee said entering their practice room.

“Annyeong haseyo,” the boys replied.

“Can we take your time for a moment?” Hye Li asked politely.

“Sure,” Leeteuk smiled his dimple smile.

“I need to measure Sungmin’s body…” she said and they went to the corner.

“Violet didn’t come?” Leeteuk asked Cho Hee.

“She took a day off.” Cho Hee shrugged.

‘Was it because of me?’ Donghae thought. He bit his lips, tears threatening to fall. He wiped it before the members saw it but Heechul already saw it. Being the quick witted he was he linked Violet’s absence and Donghae’s depressed mood since last night. ‘Don’t tell me that he confessed…’

“Yah, what are you doing?” Kyuhyun teased Hye Li as Sungmin’s face reddened when Hye Li touched his chest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Why am I here when it’s my day off?” I grumbled as I walked into the building. I stopped at my tracks when I saw Kyuhyun and Ryeowook walking downstairs followed by the rest of the members.

“Violet-ah,” Someone called me from behind. Yunho-ssi. Facing Donghae or Yunho, I’ll choose Yunho.

“Oraenmaniya, Yunho-ssi.” (It’s been a while, Yunho-ssi) I said. “How are you?” I asked.

“Can we drop the formalities?” he asked scratching the back of his neck.

“Mianhae, it’s been a while…things got a little awkward, right?” I asked and let out a faint smile.

“Violet-ah, can we talk somewhere?” He asked.

“Should we head to café?” I asked turning my body to the direction of the café, and my eyes locked with Donghae. He looked hurt, and I kept saying to myself that I’m not the reason of him hurting.

“It’ll be better if it’s not in this building.” Yunho said grabbing my wrist. “Should we go get some ice cream?” he asked bringing me back to old times when we hung out together, me with all five of them.

“Sure,” I smiled and Yunho smiled, relieved.

“Yunho-yah!”

“Ah, hyung!” Yunho’s face brightened and went to hug the older. I turned around and my eyes met with Heechul’s and I looked away. Why am I feeling awkward? Like I was caught cheating…

“What are you doing here? I thought you and Changminnie got two months off?” Heechul asked.

“I’m here to see Violet. You know her right?” Yunho asked.

“Yes, I know her.” Heechul said looking at me. His intense gaze was on me, daring me to meet my eyes with his.

“We need to go somewhere, hyung. I’ll catch up with you later?”

“Sure, annyeong.”

“Are you and Heechul doing okay?” Yunho asked me.

“Wae?”

“Both of you were having weird aura, hmmm…”

“It’s nothing, Yunho-yah. We’ll go separately?” I suggested so that he can’t question m relationship with Heechul.

“Sure, Cassies might get mad at me for stealing you from Jaejoong hyung.” He laughed and went to the other side to get his car.

 

At the café. (A/N: This is entirely fictional. It comes from my own brain.)

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked.

“Do you contact Jaejoong hyung often?” he asked after a silence.

“No.”

“No?” he asked surprised.

“I’ve been busy with Super Junior, though I did met him at the hospital twice.” I said. Yunho didn’t say anything but played with the spaghetti.

“Oppa, how are you two?” I asked carefully. Yunho lifted his eyebrow at me calling him oppa.

“We’re fine.” He sighed. It’s a silence again. I studied him, he got dark circles under his eyes but other than that he is fine. He looked frustrated and sad. It has been a while since Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu left. And I realized that I wasn’t there when they actually need me. I wasn’t there for each of the member.

“You do know right that I can’t contact them?” he asked.

“I know. SM is very strict.” I sighed.

“I was hoping that you’ll do me a favor.” He said and glanced at me.

“Can you give this to them?” he put a small envelope in front of me. I took it and smiled when the stamp was DBSK sticker.

“Sure,” I said.

“Don’t read it.” Yunho warned. I stuck my tongue out at him and we laughed.

“Yunho-yah, where’s Changmin?” I asked.

“He’s spending time with his family. I think he’ll be back by tomorrow.” He said.

“The pasta has cooled down.” Yunho pouted.

“You’re not cute at all.” I said.

“Aish, jinjja…” he grumbled and got up from his seat and went to the counter to order a new one.

“The café’s door opened and few girls walked in and sat beside their table.

“Going out with one of them is never peaceful.” I muttered. I grabbed my handbag and Yunho’s phone on the table and went to the counter.

“Your fans are here, let’s get out.”

“But I want to eat……………………..” he whined.

“Like I said, you’re not cute at all.” I said and the girl at the counter giggled.

“Don’t you agree?” I asked her and she just laughed it off.

“Kaja,” I handed his phone and we left the café.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I reached my house before dinner and planned to meet Jaejoong at the hospital. There was a figure in front of my door with his face on his knees.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Seeing you with other men hurts me, noona…” Donghae whispered.

“Donghae-yah, please don’t be like this.” I said standing in front of him.

“Noona…” he groaned. I sighed and sat beside him.

“Please Donghae-yah, erase your feeling toward me, it’s not me.” I said and hugged him.

“Then why do I feel like dying when you said like this?” he sobbed.

“Mianhae,” I whispered. We stayed like that for a while, with him crying on my shoulders and I patting his back.

“The members are going to get worry.” I said and stood up.

“Noona, can’t you consider even for once?” he asked. Receiving no answers, he sighed and walked away toward his dorm.

 

“Mianhae…my heart is for his…” I whispered.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how is it? I did my best^^ I hope you like this one chapter^^