Reunion

Cold Hearted Man

 

All of them had fun at the restaurant, including the managers. Hye Li and Jiah were there as well. The only person wasn’t happy was Kim Heechul. While eating, he had been stealing glances at Violet. Once a while, their eyes met but the violet eyes returned his stares with death glares.

______________________________________________________________________________

April 17, 2010- Incheon Airport.

PureVLau86 Today, I dress prettily to meet my only brother! Incheon, go! GO!

 

Once I parked the car at the basement, I rushed to the arriving hall. ELFs were there, waiting patiently for Henry. I walked toward the nearest security guard.

“Annyeong haseyo,” I bowed politely.

“If you’re his fan please stand there,” he said without looking.

“I’m his sister,” I let out a faint laugh.

“Really?” he asked doubting me. I fished my wallet and showed him my ID.

“Okay, you may wait here.” He said. I waited for half an hour and started to curse under my breath. How long have the fans wait for him?

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” A fan screamed. They all tiptoed and jumped to see Henry. Some of them squealed in delight and excitement as they saw him. Once I saw the familiar chubby cheek and ivory skin with small eyes, I ran to him and hugged him tightly. ‘Henry-yah, please forgive me…’ I thought.

“What are you doing here?” Henry asked.

“Who’s the idiot that asked me to pick him up? Pabo.” I muttered under my breath receiving a nudged at my rib.

“Wave a little at your fans, they’ve been waiting for you so long.” I said to him. He gave Strings a wave and big smile receiving squeals from the fans. I led him to my Pink Ferrari.

“So, how’s Jane?” was his first question. I didn’t answer him and drove to the hospital.

“Yah, I’m asking you…” he said and glanced at me.

“Are you ignoring me? We just met!” He protested and puffed his chubby cheeks.

“You’ll see once we reach.” I choked out.

“What does this mean?” he asked as I pulled into the car park of Seoul Private Hospital.

“Follow me,”I said and we headed to the fifth floor. Henry was confused but he followed me and gasped in shocked once he saw Jennifer lying on the bed.

“Jane?” his voice broke into sobs and the view of my brother’s weeping was too heartbreaking for me to bear.

“What happened to her? Why didn’t you tell me anything?” he demanded and I sat at the edge of the bed.

“On 7th March 2009, we had a car accident. Umma died and Jane slipped into coma, while I suffered four broken ribs and a broken leg with a broken arm. That was when I quit being a model and became a makeup artist, like umma. I’m sorry that we didn’t tell you, we don’t want to create any scandal that will affect your career, I’m sorry.” I hugged him from behind and his hair, comforting him. He was very closed to Jane, since their s are lesser than mine with his…I hope he’s fine.

“Jane, I’m here. Would you wake up please? I missed your voice, smile and laugh…” he whispered at her ears while her hair.

 

An hour later, we left the hospital and went to his favorite restaurant. While eating, he suddenly asked.

“Violet, you and Heechul, what’s your relationship with him?” he squinted his eyes.

“What did you mean?” I asked narrowing my eyes.

“I don’t know…” he shrugged. “Did he often piss you off?” he asked quietly.

“He always does that.” I shrugged.

“I don’t like it.”

“Waeyo?” I asked in Korean.

“He did that to the girl he likes,” he said scratching his head, clearly uncomfortable with that.

“Forget about it.” I said thinking about what Henry said. ‘How can he like me?’

“You’re his type, Violet.” He said simply as though as he read my thought.

“You know what? This is supposed to be a happy reunion. You and I. We haven’t met for such a long time. And why are you mentioning his name?” I asked.

“Why are you getting angry at me?” he asked. “You act like you like him too-wait! You like him?” he shouted.

“Shush! We’re in public! And you’re Henry Lau!” I warned him.

“And what’s with me? You’re Violet Lau!”

“Of course I’m Violet Lau. Who else do you expect me to be?” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, okay, Henry, calm down.” He said softly as he took several deep breath.

“You and Heechul, I don’t like it.” He said after 5 minutes we’ve continued eating our meals.

“Why?” I asked instead of denying. Henry and Heechul dislike each other or what?

“It’s not that I dislike hyung or anything…but he’s not the BEST man for you.” He said and let out a heavy sigh.

“Ayyy, since when you’re an expert in love, Henry?” I .

“Violet, don’t try to change the topic.”

“Henry, Heechul and I are not dating.” I said.

“But you like each other.” He concluded.

“No, we don’t!”

“I prefer you and Jaejoong hyung. He CAN take care of you.” He said looking at me sternly.

“Jae and I are friends.” I stated the fact that never has changed since the past 6 years.

“But he and you are perfect together.”

“A lot of people say that you know…but we don’t love each other.” I said shaking my head.

“So you and Heechul love each other?!” Henry asked. I faked a cough and Henry sat up straight like nothing happened as a waiter came toward our table.

“Kamsahamnida,” I said as he put down a bowl of shark fin soup in front of me.

“Can we at least enjoy this? I haven’t eaten this since last year.” I said pleading at him.

“Okay, but I will ask you one last question and you can’t lie to me.” he said.

“Since when have you became a detective?” I asked casually sipping the soup.

“Violet.” He said annoyed.

“Okay, okay.” I put my hands up in defeat.

“Do you love Heechul?” he asked.

“Love is a very big word you know.” I said.

“Violet, please answer me.”

“Henry, I’ve never interfere in your love life!” I said.

“I’m just being a good brother and I don’t want my sister to end up with someone like him!”

“Heechul and I are not in love.” I said.

“Good to know and make sure you keep it that way,” he said.

“It’s not me the one who choose whom to love,” I muttered under my breath but he clearly wasn’t listening as he was enjoying his favorite Lychee drink. I sighed. Even if you’re not being nice at me, you’re clearly has caught my heart, Kim Heechul.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Do I look like I’m rushing? I just didn’t want to waste your time by reading meaningless chapter. So, from now on, every chapter will has an event or meaningful conversation for later chapters. I hope you like it so far, =) Duration to finish this chapter: from August 7 to August 9 at 1.30 a.m.

Sorry for not updating. I was supposed to post this last night but my father has turned off the internet…T_T mian, I’ll be busy on 22nd of August until 25th of August. So please enjoy Mr. Simple everyday as I won’t be updating that week. =)