Let You Go

Cold Hearted Man

“Stop.” SNSD’s manager said and turned to Jessica.

“Is there something wrong?” he asked. Jessica timidly shook her head. “We’ll start again.” He announced. Jessica missed the counts and the manager stopped the music.

“Go finish whatever business you have.” He said. Jessica quickly bowed and apologized before she grabbed her phone and went out from the practice room.

“Why isn’t he picking up?” Sica groaned as she called Heechul’s number again. She has checked the flight schedule. It was 6.10 pm and Vy unnie should leave to airport around 4. She didn’t have much time…no. Heechul oppa didn’t have much time.

“Oppa, why aren’t you picking up?” she asked as soon as Heechul answered the phone.

“Sica? Heechul hyung is not here.” Sica realized it was Donghae.

“Oppa, where did he go?” Sica asked, her heard beating praying that he hasn’t left yet.

“He just went down, you might be able to catch him at the lobby-” Sica ran and she thanked her trainer for always keeping her fit. She saw Heechul’s back and shouted his name causing a few people to look at her.

“Oppa, why didn’t you bring your phone?” Sica asked trying to catch her breath.

“What is it?” he asked, uninterested with whatever the girl wanted to say.

“Vy unnie…she’s leaving.” Sica panted.

“What?” Heechul asked, now his full attention on the girl.

“Vy unnie, she’s not coming back.” Sica said.

“What did you mean by that?” Heechul asked furious.

“You can still catch her. She might be at her place right now.” She said and Heechul left to his car without any other words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Take a good care of my car.” I said as I handed Jenn my car key.

“Unnie, do you really think this is the best choice?” she asked and I shook my head.

“It is,” I said softly. “It is.” I repeated louder. I didn’t know who I was trying to convince, her or me…

“Arasso, let me help you with that.” She said and helped me carried my bag while I pulled my luggage.

“Have you locked the door?” I asked and she nodded. She pressed the elevator button and we entered it. I rather kept my mind blank than think about whether this decision is correct or not. I suppressed a sigh and stepped out of the elevator.

“Aish, why is it raining?” Jenn scowled.

“Even the heaven is sad…”I thought sadly. The taxi driver loaded my luggage and bag into the trunk and I turned to hug my sister.

“Take a good care of yourself and also Henry.” I said.

“We will still see each other, it’s just a pity that you didn’t say goodbye to Super Junior oppa.” She said.

“Do you think I can say goodbye to those kids?” I asked forcing a laugh.

“Jalga…” I whispered and she nodded.

“You too.”

“Go in first, it’s raining.” I said. She smiled and I watched as she entered the elevator. I took a look at the apartment and smiled sadly. I turned around and got into the taxi quickly to avoid the rain.

“Incheon airport,” I said and the driver nodded. We just drove a meter when a black car stopped suddenly in front of the taxi.

“Is he drunk?” I heard the driver said as he honked. I would say it was drove by a drunk man too until the driver’s door opened revealing Heechul.

“Ahjussi, a moment please.” I said and got down from the taxi.

“Where do you think you are going?” he asked, his hair and clothes were wet due to the rain. I can’t answer that question.

“Didn’t we promise to be by each other’s side?” he asked. I can’t answer that question too.

“Chul ah…” I called him softly. “When you asked me to be your girlfriend, you should have known the risk.” I said.

“I want to take that risk.” He said and I shook my head.

“Your career is at stake.” I said. “I promise you I will always support you, I’ll watch over you from behind…” I said and he shook my shoulders roughly.

“I don’t want you to watch me from behind. I want you to watch me from my side.” He said.

“I’m sorry…” was all I can say.

“Don’t go…” he pleaded. His face was wet but I’m not sure if it was tears or the rain.

“I love you,” I said and planted a kiss on his lips.

“Don’t go…” he repeated pulling me into a tight hug.

“If you’re my destiny, we’ll meet again by fate.” I whispered.

“I don’t believe in fate…” he said hugging me closer.

“Then believe in your heart.” I caressed his face and let out a blissful smile. I was so lucky to have him even for a moment.

 _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Three days later

Heechul’s POV

 

It has been three days since I went to my schedule. It has been three days since she left. It has been three days since I locked in my room.

Jungsoo will come to feed me porridge or gave me water. I knew that I was eating though I didn’t feel the food. I think I’ve lost all my senses right after I saw the taxi with her inside left. The door opened but I’m not bothered to see who it was.

“Chul ah…” Jungsoo called me.

“Don’t call me Chul.” I said. “She used to call me that…” I thought.

“Don’t be like this. Everyone is worried.” He said. “Then stop worrying about me.” I thought sarcastically.

“She didn’t want to see you like this.” He said softly.

“If she didn’t want to see me like this why did she leave me?” I asked softly.

“Hyung, why did I have to meet her?” I asked looking at his face. Tears were running down his cheeks and I felt guilty.

“Don’t be like this, Heechul ah.” He said pulling me into a hug.

“Am I that bad? Am I that sinful? Why is it everybody that I love always leave me?” I started to sob, soaking his clothes with my tears as he pat my back whispering that everything will be okay when I knew it will not.

“I love you and I’m still here. The boys love you too and they are still by your side.” He whispered softly patting my back.

“Do you want to know something funny?” I asked pulling myself away from his hug and wiped my tears.

“We don’t even have a picture together.” I said and laughed, because laughing is a better option that crying.

 ______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Don't you ever dare to cry, Kim Heechul....my heart broke and broke every time I see you cry...