Namsan tower

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 59 – Namsan tower.

---

 

"You ready?”

You take a final look in the mirror and asked yourself whether you are really ready to face today, the day when Kris will come back with his family.

 

You kept your files near your chest and walk down the staircase after your class ended for the day. Kris messaged you earlier, saying that he has arrived in Seoul and will be meeting you later in the evening. You left the school and exit through the school gate, only to see someone you loved before.

 

Kris was there waiting for you after he found out where you were schooling at through Kai. You gulped and tried not to shiver in nervous in front of him.

Kris slowly approached you and stands in front of you, softly smiling to you after a year not seeing you, “How have you been?” He started the conversation.

You look up to him and force a smile, “It’s a sudden to meet you like this again.” You swallow your nervousness and continue to walk.

“I have something to do here, that’s why I came back.” Kris said.

Not wanting to answer any of his questions, you just nod and see the front.

“I parked my car there though.” Kris said, pointing to where he parks his car.

“You have car now?” You were absolutely shock that he has a car. ‘Wow, he must be living in heaven while in Canada.’ You said mentally and reject his offer.

“I still have to go somewhere first. I will just meet you at the place later.” You quickly walk away from him as if both of you are strangers that have not met before.

Kris felt like he was being shot in the heart when you rejected his offer to ride the car with him even though, your reaction was what he expected. He won’t expect you to open up to him right away after being divorced and not meeting each other for a year.

He walks to his car and slowly follows your way from behind.

---

 

 

“Hello?” You answered your call.

“Have you met him?” Kai asked over the phone.

“Yes…” You answered with a draggy tone.

“Where are you heading now?” Kai asked.

“Your café.” You slightly smiled as you answer him.

“Ah…” Kai chuckled and then ask you to come fast.

 

From behind, Kris who is in his car, saw everything you were doing. That smile on your face. That chuckled you did while on the phone with someone.

“Did she have someone else now?” Kris asked himself and continue to follow you.

 

Not long, you reached Kai’s workplace and enters, luckily there’s not much customers that night. Kai have prepared for you your drink and asked you to sit with him while it is not busy.

“Vanilla latte?” Kai gives you the drink and ask you to sit down in front of him.

“Thanks, Kai. I could have made it myself.” You smiled and sip your favorite drink.

Kai intertwined his fingers together and stares at you. You slowly look up from your cup of coffee and look back at Kai, waving your fingers to him, “You okay?”

Kai gulped and smiled looking as if he was shy, “I’m fine. Ummm…”

You know he was hesitating to ask you something, “Do you have anything to ask me?”

“If you were given the chance to go back with Kris hyung, will you do it?” He asked.

You tightened your lips and raised your eyebrow, faking a laugh, “Haha, what a question.”

“I’m serious, Ara.” He said with the serious tone, no more joking.

Bringing up your cup of coffee, you took a sip before answering him, “I don’t know.” Kai realized how scared and shocked you were so he decided to laugh and make his seriousness as a joke, “I’m just kidding, Ara. Do I look really scary when I’m serious?” He laughed with his eyes nearly closed.

Your eyes were downcast, stating that you were actually quite sad by his ‘joke’.

After a long chat with him you decided to make your leave and meet Kris.

“I have to go now and meet Kris.” You smiled and stands up, “Thanks for the coffee. I’ll go and pick Aiden up.” You exit the café and went to Kris’s apartment to pick Aiden up.

Kris was in the car all the while as he eyes your action with Kai. Never did he expect Kai will be his rival, if Kai wants you.

 

Few minutes later, Kris saw you walking out of the apartment with Aiden by your side, hands in hand. How he misses that little boy so much and can’t wait to go to Aiden and hugged him as tight as he can.

 

---

 

 

“Where is this girl?” The grandmother sound pissed off while waiting for you, Aiden and Kris. In the room, there’s only Kris’s grandmother and mother.

“Are you sure you’re going to do this, mother?” His mother asked the old lady.

The grandmother looked at his mother right into the eyes and nod, “I am not done yet with this girl.”

“Just you wait and see.”

---

 

 

“Omma, where are we going?” Aiden asked, while looking at you with his curios little eyes.

“Meeting someone you’ve met. We’re here.” You smiled and the restaurant’s door open and the staff brings you to the reserved room. Before you even goes inside the room, Kris rushed in and grabs your hand from behind.

He turned you around and dragged both of you outside, “We will come in in a few minutes time.” Kris told the staff and your eyes went wide as goldfish.

“APPA!” Aiden screamed in happiness and hugged Kris leg once all three of you were out.

“Hi, little boy.” Kris carries Aiden and give him kisses, literally forgetting what is he reason to dragged both of you out.

You doesn’t want to see the painful scenery of Kris and Aiden together, you turned your back at him, “Why do you drag us out?”

Kris realized that you are still waiting for him, he puts Aiden down and holds his hand, “Honey…”

You turned back and faces him, “Don’t call me honey, Kris. We’re over, aren’t we?” You hold your hand out to Aiden but Aiden hides behind Kris’s legs.

You blew a raspberry and closed your eyes, tightening your lips together to maintain your coolness, “Why do you drag us out?” You repeated the question again.

“Grandma and mum want to see you because they want to apologize to you for everything that they did last five years to you, to us. Honey, I didn’t say we’re over but I don’t know if you change your feelings towards me. We may be over by law but I have never say I wanted to divorce and separate with you.” Kris wanted to continue but you stopped him.

“Let’s do this quick and end this quick. I have to go for work early morning tomorrow.” You hold your hands out again to Aiden and Aiden was forced to hold your hand since you don’t want Aiden to hold Kris’s hand. Kris lead both of you in and into the room.

The dining room with only both the ladies were intense.

 

You closed your eyes and take a deep breath before going nearer to them.

 Kris patted your shoulder and move forward but was stopped when the grandmother said, “Kris and Aiden, I just want to have a heart to heart talk with Ara. Will you mind if you wait outside?”

Kris nod and look at you who doesn’t even look at him, then he left.

Once he closed the door, the grandmother gives you’re a glare and you know what it means.

Kris’s mother takes something out of her purse and gives it to her mother-in-law.

“Take this.” The grandmother said.

 

Slowly you put your heads up and bite your lips, not wanting to accept the envelope she gave to you.

“Take this and leave Kris alone.” She throws the envelope to you and you managed to avoid the sharp edges of the envelope.

So much for apologizing.’ You rolled your eyes and stands up.

“I don’t need any money.” You said and wants to leave.

“Kris will get married next month and I hope you will not make him falls in love with you again. Leave him and go start a new life with this money. You’re still young and there’s a lot of guys out there.” the grandmother lied.

Your eyes were closed all the while she talks. That is your new strength that you’ve found out recently, closing your eyes tight makes you control your anger and not allowing you to cry or even shed a tear.

“Never will I in the right mind to accept you as my granddaughter.”

Kris’s mother stands up and passes you the envelope full of money, “Take this and don’t bother Kris again.”

You stares at the envelope and take it, then left the room with red teary eyes.

The grandmother hissed and chuckled, “She only wants money.”

---

 

 

Kris and Aiden were happily playing together while you were inside the room. You approached both of them and fake a weak smile, “Let’s go back home.”

“But appa said appa will buy Aiden ice cream.” Aiden pouted his lips.

You were speechless and doesn’t want to cry anymore, “Please, Aiden. Let’s just go home? I’ll buy you ice-cream tomorrow.” You said with a soft tone, not wanting to scare Aiden and make him cry.

Kris know something is out since you doesn’t want to look at him. He makes Aiden stands up and go to you, “Next time, Aiden-uh.”

Aiden nod and hugged Kris tightly, “Appa don’t leave Aiden anymore.”

Your eyes betrayed you and you shed a tear. You turned your back and start to walk without Aiden by your side but Kris pushed Aiden slightly to you and Aiden holds your hand. Kris wave goodbye to his son and went inside the room.

---

 

 

The bus ride home was sad and quiet. Nothing comes into your mind and you don’t want to cry no more. Aiden grab your hand and intertwined with his little fingers, “Omma, why?” he looked at you.

“Omma always cry.” Aiden lean his head on you and grab on tightly to your hand.

“Omma want to know what appa said to Aiden just now?” Aiden asked but kept himself silent.

“What did appa said?” You asked, looking at your son who looks like he hesitating whether to tell you or not, “Nothing.” He answered and continue to lean his head on your arms and close his eyes.

 

Since the journey back is still far, you take out the envelope of money and look at how much was given to you.

 

“Kris will get married next month and I hope you will not make him falls in love with you again. Leave him and go start a new life with this money. You’re still young and there’s a lot of guys out there.”

“Take this money and don’t bother Kris.”

 

“Do I worth 2 million even?” You hissed and close back the envelope and put back inside your bag.

---

 

 

“Here’s your Americano, sir. Thank you, please come again.”

It is Saturday morning and you went to work earlier than you thought just so you can ease your stress.

“Eating lunch later?” Kai asked you from behind, checking how his staff is working.

“Maybe with Aiden.” You answered him and sat down on the stool provided.

“How’s yesterday go?” Kai asked.

You keep blinking your eyes and keep avoiding him but were interrupted when a customer walked in.

“Hyung.” Kai stands up, as well as you, when Kris was the one who walked into the café.

“Would you mind if I take your staff for a while?” Kris ask with his serious tone. Kai nodded and ask you to go with Kris.

 

 

“What happened last night?” Kris asked, looking at you with a stern look, putting his arm on your shoulder.

Before you says anything, he continue, “Tell me honestly.”

You look up with your confidence and let go off his hands on your shoulder, “Why don’t you want to leave me?”

“Why the sudden? I want to know what happened last night that makes you so grumpy?” He raised up his voice.

“Aiden is not your son anyway.” You changes the topic.

“So?” Kris replied.

“I told Aiden who is his real father and he trust me saying that Kai is his real father.” You said and your eyes became teary, “Since Aiden is not your son, please leave me and him alone. There’s still a lot of pretty mature ladies out there waiting for you while I am just a single mum.” You said and wanted to walk away but,

“So this is what I get after a year not seeing you? Not having your love? And here you are shoving me away because your son is not mine?” Kris asked.

You became guilty but you know that he has to move on.

He continued, “You….” But was stopped and your turn around back to face him, “If you really have loved me, you wouldn’t even agree to divorce me but it’s too late now, Kris. I have nothing for you anymore.”

“So Kai is my replacement?” Kris asked with his sad tone and his downcast eye.

You avoid his stare and let out a stress breath, “Is relationship and love all you care about? I had enough of bulls.” Then, you left the park without even a shed of tear drop.

 

---

 

 

It seems like nothing bad happened to you. You seem normal and unaffected by what happened last night.

Kris still doesn’t know what really happens last night because he was deceived by his grandma and mother while you don’t even want to tell him what happen.

During lunch time, you went to the park alone and you received a message.

 

“I’m going back tonight.”

 

Kris messaged but you didn’t reply.

 

“I respect your decision.” He continued.

 

“But it’s not too late for us to get back together unless you really hate me. Meet me at Namsan tower 9o’clock sharp. Alone.”

 

---

 

#PrayForSouthKorea :(