Korean or Chinese?

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 29 – Korean or Chinese?

---

 

Yumi chewed on her fruity flavored bubble gum while remembering how satisfied with what she did yesterday. She was the one who ‘accidently’ hurt you and she was the one who borrowed your phone for something ‘important.

Han Yuna is her, Han Yumi.

I bet that Yi Fan will now notice that I have already gotten his wife in my hands. She thought. Once I get her, I will not get her away from my life. If you left me once, I am going to let her leaves you soon so you will come back to me.

---

 

School ended and new assignments are coming up. You stretch back your arms while you wait for Hyuna to finish her drawings that has to be submitted later that day. The class quickly disappeared after Mr. Jung dismissed, leaving you, Hyuna and the rest of the four girls Jihyun, Jiyoon, Sohyun and lastly, Gayoon.

“Girls, want to follow us to go shopping at town today?” Gayoon went up to the both of you while twirling the ends of her long ponytail.

You looked up to her and smiled, “I can’t today.”

“Well, you always can’t, Ara. How about you Hyuna?” Gayoon asked Hyuna who is focusing.

“Me too, I can’t.” Hyuna rejected the offer.

“You girls are boring.” Gayoon rolled her eyes and went off, saying bye to Mr. Jung.

You noticed how different Hyuna became with those girls, “What’s up with you and those girls? I thought you’re quite close with them?”

Hyuna heard your question but she chooses to ignore it, “Mr. Jung I have finished it!” She stands up and put the drawing on the teacher’s table.

She went back to the table and packs her bag, “Let’s go, Ara. I have something to give you.” She takes your hand and dragged you out the door but stopped when Mr. Jung called.

“Girls, I don’t want you to be friends with the four of them. They seem like they don’t like the two of you.” Mr. Jung advised.

Even Mr. Jung noticed. Hyuna thought.

You and Hyuna nod and bow slightly to him and went off.

“Hyuna, you still haven’t told me what happened to you and the others?” You asked her.

She shakes her head, “They are not worth it to be our friends, Ara. Do you see the way she talks to you just now? I don’t like that.”

“They are not the same as the last time we met each other.” You sighed.

“They’re backstabber, sis. Don’t get close to them.” Hyuna advised and you just nod.

---

 

The other end of the school, Kai has just finished registering himself to enroll in the college, the college you went to. He managed to get a course there and managed to find a empty spot in the course.

Satisfied, he leaves the general office with a smile on his face. During the time when he works, his boss sent him to classes for him to be able to get a course in the college. Thanks to god, his hard work was paid off.

Now, he only have to study hard and get close to you so that he can take care of you and Aiden once Kris gone, like what Kris said to him few weeks back.

I hope you appreciate all the things I do just to take care of you, Ara.

Kai walked to the exit gate and he gained a lot of stares from the students there.

“Oh my god, will there be a new student?”

“He’s hot, babe.”

And all sorts of things came out from the student’s mouth but Kai ignored it. He just wanted to work hard and get close to you so that you would forgive him for what he have done to you. That’s all he ever wanted, your forgiveness.

---

 

“What’s all that noises? It’s so noisy.” Hyuna scrunched her nose. You and her walked through the canteen and saw a visitor getting swamped at.

“Ara, let’s go see. Maybe it’s SHINee’s Taemin enrolling into our school.” She dragged you.

That guy looks familiar to me. You thought and followed Hyuna.

When you see his side profile, you stopped and pulled back your hand.

“It’s Kai.” You frightened.

Hyuna remembered about what you have told him and how Kai confessed to you about being the real father to your son, Aiden.

“Kai?” Hyung widened her eyes.

“Oh my god.” Hyuna said, looking at you who is frozen like an ice in the middle of the walkway.

Other girls were already swooned over his perfect and handsome features while you are frozen. Hyuna help you to get a seat at the near bench, “Ara, are you okay?”

Your mouth was hanging and your face turns white pale in seconds.

“What is he doing here?” You asked.

Hyuna shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know, Ara. Maybe he is enrolling into our school?”

You turned your gaze to Hyuna and blinked your eyes, “That is never going to happen.”

Hyuna remembered how frightened and phobia you are towards Kai, like how you reacted when Kai came to your house with Kris while Hyuna was there.

“Will you give him a chance if ever he wants to get close to you?” Hyuna asked. Your heart thumps hard and it seems like it is going to popped out soon.

“I don’t know.” You paused, “What do you think?”

Hyuna thought in silence, “I think you should give him chance.”

“I’m scared, I don’t want to get close to him.” Your eyes tears up.

She put her hands around your shoulder and comfort you, “Don’t worry, Ara. I will always be here with you.”

---

Blue - Grandma. Red - Yumi.

 

The date on Yumi’s calendar were ticked by herself, reminding herself that there is not much time more left until she makes a move to Kris, convincing him to go back Canada, leaving you and Aiden alone.

“Three more weeks, Yi Fan, and you will see how I will get you to go back to Canada with me.” She smirked and ticked of the date today.

Yumi received a call and it is from who else if it is not from Grandma.

She answers the call and put the phone on her ears, Hi, grandma.”

“Hi, Yumi. How is it going? Three more weeks and I want Kris to come back home, with you.”

“Don’t worry, grandma. I have already make my move to the wife, soon to be ex-wife.”

“I’m proud of you, my dear, if you willing to work hard for Kris, he will be yours one day. I’m sure.”

“Thank you, grandma. I will try my best to fulfill your wishes.”

“See you after three weeks then. Bye.”

Yeah, three weeks more to go for you to enjoy your last moments with your wife.

---

 

Kris ended class early for Monday and he went to pick Aiden up from the childcare centre. Many of the adults who came to pick their kids up are mothers, housewife. While he is the only one wearing school uniform and he is a daddy.

Aiden sat down on the bench, swinging his legs while bouncing the ball up and down. Fortunately, he has a friend. The friend is also a boy who bounces up and down his basketball soft toy.

“When is your mummy coming? Mine is coming at three.” The friend, Hyunsoo, showed Aiden the number three on his fingers.

“My daddy will take me home but I don’t know when.” Aiden answered, shrugging his shoulder.

“Do you know what my name is?” Hyunsoo asked, putting his hands on the side of his body.

“Hyunsoo, right?” Aiden said.

Hyunsoo giggled and nod his head, “Yes.”

“How about mine? You know my name?” Aiden turn to ask him.

“Wu Aiden.” Hyunsoo answered.

“Are you Korean? Because Wu Aiden doesn’t sound Korean.” Hyunsoo asked such a mature question.

“My omma and appa speak Korean.” Aiden innocently answered.

“Oh.” Hyunsoo smiled and bounced the ball back up.

Kris from afar saw Aiden and Hyunsoo and he went up to them.

“Hi, boys.” He kneeled down to both of the little toddlers.

“Hi, appa.” Aiden hugged Kris.

“Hi, uncle. My name is Hyunsoo.” Hyunsoo stands up and put both of his hands on the stomach and bow to Kris, showing him the respect.

“Good boy, Hyunsoo.” Kris ruffled his hair and Hyunsoo laughed.

“Appa, can I ask you question?” Aiden tugged on Kris’s sleeve and Kris nod, “Sure, go ahead.”

“Am I Korean?” He asked.

Kris bit his lips, reminding himself to say the correct thing.

Well, Aiden is Korean since Kai is but the one who is taking care of him now is Kris not Kai and Kris is not Korean since he is Chinese.

“Umm, I will explain to you once you grow up, okay?” Kris said.

Aiden nod his head and grab Kris’s hands, “Bye bye, Hyunsoo. I see you tomorrow.” He waved and Hyunsoo waved back.

What answer should I give to Aiden? That is such a complicated question ever asked to me.

---

 

What do you think Kris should answer little Aiden?

Is he a Chinese or a Korean? xD