Dads

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 20 - Dads.

---

 

The school bell rang for the last time and it was the time when last lesson of the day ends. Hyuna, who doesn’t want to get any closer to her usual friends, especially Gayoon, rushed out the classroom right after the teacher said dismissed and went to the toilet to do her ‘business’.

The usual four Gayoon, Jihyun, Jiyoon and Sohyun also went to the same toilet as Hyuna without knowing she’s inside. Then, they started gossiping. About who else? Of course it’s about, you.

Gayoon put her beg on the counter of the sink and wipe the excess oil on her face.

“Don’t you think Hyuna has been acting all weird around us? She’s like protecting Ara the whole time. I don’t like it.” Gayoon rolled her eyes and face her back on the mirror, facing the other three.

“I think so too. I didn’t even realize she is not with us when Mr. Jung dismisses us.” Jihyun answers, sitting on top of the counter like one typical bad student.

“I don’t like both of them already. Let’s go. I don’t want to waste time anymore talking about those two.” Gayoon take her bag and left the toilet, followed by the other girls.

Hyuna, on the other hand, listens to their conversation and she break into tears. “I can’t even, what’s wrong with Gayoon now?” She sobbed and covers her face, sitting on the covered toilet bowl.

 ---

 

 

Kris went out to buy some groceries for his family and left you and Aiden at home. You give him two full lists of groceries and he gladly accepted it, getting ready to go to the supermarket.

Aiden kept sticking to you for the past forty-five minutes, signaling you that he is hungry but there was no food that can be eaten. No oil, to even fry any eggs. Instead, you gave him an apple juice in his baby bottle and let him drink it until Kris gets home.

The door bell to your home rang all of a sudden, thinking it was Kris. “Go get the door, Aiden. It must be dad.” You asked him to open the door as the handle is enough the height for him to reach. Aiden runs to the door and grab the handle with his left hand, while his right hand grabbing onto his bottle.

But… it was not Kris. Instead, it was Hyuna who came to visit you and Aiden.

“Omma!” Aiden looked up to Hyuna and shouted for you. You wiped your hands at your side pants and ran to the living room door, “Hey Hyuna, what you doing here?”

Hyuna give you her biggest smile, “I’m bored. My parents are overseas and I have nothing to do. So, I bought some toys and foods for Aiden and you.” She shows you her right hand, full of plastic bags.

“Aww, you didn’t have to but thanks. Come on in.” You invited her in and she follows you to the kitchen.

She take out baby biscuits and called for Aiden, “Aiden-uh, come here.”

Aiden came running to Hyuna with his apple juice bottle in his mouth.

“I came to give you this, go and eat it.” Hyuna opened up the baby food, mini waffles, and gave it to Aiden.

“You’re so nice, thank you.” You thanked her, giving her a glass of orange juice. Hyuna sipped it down quickly, since she’s quite thirsty in the hot and humid weather.

“I bought those mini waffles because my younger brother used to like eating those when he age two and since he has already grown up, it’s better if I buy it for Aiden.” Hyuna explained and take out the other things out of the bag.

“Ara-uh, why don’t you come to school always nowadays?” She looked at you with her puppy eyes.

“It doesn’t make any difference though. I just don’t feel like.” You shrugged your shoulder.

“It’s for your own future, Ara. You still can study if you have the will to do it. If not, you will have no job in the future. That is the last thing you ever wished for, trust me.” Hyuna gave out some advice.


“It’s hard to explain, Hyuna. I don’t want to burden anyone to take care of Aiden while me and Kris are at school.” You sighed.

“How about trying to put him in a child care? That would help, doesn’t it?” Hyuna suggested.

“We did but the teacher said Aiden got kicked out because he was not behaving well. Trust me, I know my son. I think it was the parents who asked the teacher to let Aiden out from the centre because they hate me just because I’m a teen mom. It’s ridiculous.” You complained to her, every single details you have in mind.

“Life has it’s up and down, Ara. As much as you love Aiden, you have to learn to love yourself to. Don’t give up, sis. I know you can face it.” She gave you a pat on the back and dragged you to the living room, joining Aiden who is enjoying his mini waffles and apple juice.

---

 

 

Kris was pushing the big cart, reading the list you gave to him. He was so smart that he almost finishes searching the things you list except for finding Almond milk, Avocado and Aiden’s yogurt.  He was not embarrassed about going to the supermarket alone, buying a full cart of groceries the family needed. Kris who is known to be the cold and arrogant person now changed after he got married to you.

Even his friends are surprised at his sudden change. He is a responsible and can-lean-on type of husband. Some husbands just can’t be bothered with the household chores and think that it is the wife’s role to do it not the husband’s.

Luckily for you, you grab the right one and nope, you wouldn’t let him go away.

After finding the whole things listed, he went to the counter to make the payment. He then carries four full bags of groceries, walking back home. He is strong, don’t worry.

---

 

 

Kai, who just finishes his shift early, walked out the café and stretch back his long arms, breathing the evening air. He was not ready to go back home but he’s tired of working all week long without having any off. He spotted Kris not far away from the spot he was standing and came running to his big hyung.

“HYUNG~” Kai shouted, making Kris looked up and smile at the sight of Kai.

“Hey, what’s up, bro?” Kris said.

“Need some help with those?” Kai asked, panting after running towards Kris.

“I bet you’re the one who needs help. Go and sit first.” Kris walked to the nearest bench and settled the groceries down the ground.

“How’s your work, doing fine?” Kris asked.

“Yeah, you’re not sick anymore aren’t you?” Kai was worried about Kris’s health.

“I’m okay, bro. Don’t work too hard, health comes first.” Kris advised, facing Kai who was sweating.

“You seriously looks like Aiden.” Kris sighed, putting his elbow on his knee and slouched.

“Hyung.” Kai called.

“What?”

“May I ask about the question you asked me yesterday? It kept bugging me at work.” Kai asked carefully.

“Nothing.” Kris lied, “One day Aiden will know that I am not his real father but you’re the one and maybe if that happens, you have to take my part and be a dad to Aiden. That’s all.”

Kris heart was aching back, remembering about the truth reason but he doesn’t want anyone to know.

“Then you shouldn’t let Aiden know.” Kai said.

Kris chuckled and turned his head to Kai, “Then why are you working hard for? For enrolling to school and get close to Ara so that she can forgive you and accept you, right?”

“Hyung, I didn’t mean it that way. You advise me to work hard and make Ara forgive me so that’s why I have to do it and show it to Ara that I can be responsible for Aiden too.” Kai explained his perspective.

“I just hope you will be able to take care of Aiden and Ara if one day I’m gone. That’s all I need from you.” Kris stands up and grab the bags.

“Come and eat dinner with us. I don’t think Ara minds. Come on.” Kris gave Kai two bags and walked back home.

---

 

You were chit- chatting with Hyuna and laughing when the door bell rings. Aiden dropped his toys and ran to the door, opening it hoping it is his dad.

Indeed, the one who press the bell is his dad or maybe both of them are his dad, one the real one while one the fake one.

Kris smiled at the sight of little Aiden and walked in, “Babe, Jongin’s joining us for dinner.”

You stands up with Hyuna and freaked out at the sight of Kai. “Oh…”

That’s all you can say, oh. With the pace of lightning, you follow Kris to the kitchen and stands beside him, closely. He chuckled at your action and looked down on you.

“Don’t be scared, babe. He’s not a monster. He knows what wrong he did already. Forgive him, alright? Don’t remember him as Aiden’s dad but remember him as my friend, alright?” Kris put his hands on your shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze.

Of course you wouldn’t forget what he said to you and what he did to you that make your life change upside down. Girls could forgive but she wouldn’t forget.

You nod your head and take the things out from the bags, helping Kris. Kai enters the kitchen and faces you who seem to hide away from him. He didn’t mind at all since he knows you’re scared of him but a little inside of his heart ache a bit looking at your actions towards him.

Aiden came running to the Kitchen, holding Hyuna’s index finger and jumping up and down looking what’s on the table.

“Here for you, little man. Don’t eat it all before dinner, alright?” Kris gave him the yogurts and he ran back to the living room but a few seconds later, he walked back.

“Annyeonghaseyo Kai hyung!” He greeted Kai, waving his little hands and jumping in front of Kai.

You were shocked at how Aiden know his name and left your jaw open.

“Annyeong Aiden-uh.” Kai waved back.

‘Oh my goodness, they totally look the same.’ You said mentally, wanting to faint at that very moment.

---

 

 

After the nice dinner, the four adults and Aiden sat at the living room. Kai was busy playing catch and throw ball with Aiden. Aiden giggled and smiled too. Both of the laughter sounds the same. The way they leaned forward and catch the ball is also the same. Lastly, the way they smiles, and their eyes are the same. They are driving you crazy but fortunately, Kris was there.

“They’re cute, aren’t they?” Kris faked a smile while his heart aches.

You frowned, looking at him, “I don’t like what you just said, oppa.”

“You have to accept the fact, babe.” Kris faked a laughed.

“But don’t worry, I will still love you and Aiden the same way.” He kissed your forehead and both of you look at Kai and Aiden who plays really well together.

 

Seeing Kai and Aiden, makes your heart breaks.