Determination

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 57 – Determination.

---

 

“Here’s the money.”

“Appa, I don’t need this.” You push the envelope back to your dad, rejecting his help, “I got this. I have my own saving for me to continue studies.”

“But that’s not enough.” He said with a worried tone. “I’ve been saving it since I was a young girl, remember? Don’t worry, if I need more money, I’ll ask from you.” You assured him fine.

“Fine then, Miss strong. I will send Aiden back home before midnight later since me, Aiden and your mum will be going somewhere where Aiden requested.” Your dad reminded and went inside his car then drove off after waving goodbye to you.

Letting you a breathe, you went back inside your house, not forgetting to lock the doors.

It rang again. Your phone rain again and it is still from the same phone number. You slowly slide to answer it but remain silent, waiting if the person over the phone will start a conversation.

“Why do you keep calling me and says nothing? Who are you?” You said with a shaky tone, scared if somebody out there is trying to prank you.

But it is still silent.

You press the end button again and let your phone on your coffee table while you continue to finish tidying Aiden’s room.

---

 

 

“I knew it.” Yumi lock Kris’s phone after trying who is the number Kris has been calling nowadays but didn’t save the name. Kris didn’t want to save your name in his phone just in case anyone checks his phone and finds out that the unsaved phone number is yours.

Kris was in the meeting when Yumi checked his phone and the reason he didn’t bring his phone with him is because he doesn’t want any distraction. And because Yumi knows how Kris worked, she took the chance and check Kris’s phone.

“What are you doing here?” Kris enters the room, quickly running to his desk and felt something just happened.

“Did you just take my phone and check it?” Kris grabs his phone on the table and hold it.

“No, I didn’t.” She lied, “Your phone has passcode in it, and how would I know your passcode.” She giggled with a scared tone.

“I hope you didn’t because I trusted you.” Kris said and pull his chair and sit on it.

“Have you talked to your mum?” Yumi asked, her dry chapped lips.

“What should I talk to her?” Kris asked, opening his laptop and continue his work on it.

“About our wedding?” Yumi replied. Kris stopped typing and look straight into Yumi’s eyes, “I don’t care who you are going to get married to but that guy is never going to be me. Don’t even think I’m going to marry you, Yumi.” Then, he continued typing.

Before Yumi even managed to talk her thoughts out Kris cut her, “Should I call the security to drag you out again?” Kris asked while focusing his eyes on the screen of the laptop.

Yumi bit her lips and quickly rush out from Kris’s office.

The moment Kris hears Yumi locked the door closed, he slides open his phone to check whatever is strange in the phone.

“Did I really call Ara this much?” Kris looked at the history and realized something is totally out.

---

 

 

“Certificate of interior design?” The interviewer said with a little smile on her face, “Why would you want to take this business course then?”

You went for a higher education and continues to study but it is a different course.

“I want to learn how to manage a shop in the business world.” You answered with confidence.

The interviewer nod, “Do you have any thoughts in opening up a business in the future?”

“Yes, I want to open up a bakery café. That is why I wanted to take this and study more into the business world.” You answered.

“Very well, then. I think you can study in our course but remember that hard doesn’t mean you can give up.” She smiled sincerely and stamp your form meaning that you’re accepted to study the business course even with your unrelated course in college, Interior design.

 

 

“YES!” You did a low pump with your hand as you exit the school building. Your outfit is very formal as you will be studying business. After a few months of thinking, you have set your goal up and want to build your own café before you turn 22 which will be in 4 years’ time.

“Vanilla latte for you?” Kai appear from behind you, reaching out his hands to give the café coffee to you.

“If you want to have a café in the future, you need to learn more about coffee, won’t you?” Kai said.

“Thanks, Kai. I didn’t expect you coming here just to give me this latte.” You thanked him and take a sip of your favorite drink.

“Nope, I have two reason why I came here.” He said, “First is to give you the drink and second is that I want to tell you that I’m promoted to being the café manager at where I am working at.”

“Really? Congratulations, Kai!” You shook hands with him and were happy for him.

“That’s why when I heard you want to open up a café, I’m really delightful and want to help you. Since you will be working in your own café business later, would you like to be my employee and learn more about how café actually works?” Kai offered you a job.

“REALLY?” You screamed in excitement but settle down when you realized people were looking at you weird.

“Opps, really?” You widened your eyes in enthusiasm, looking at Kai with your black shiny eyes.

“Yup, let’s go and start to be my employee.” Kai said with full of confidence and sounds more mature after four years going through a lot with you.

---

 

 

“Look grandma, Aiden did it!”

Aiden requested to his grandparents to teach him how to ride a bicycle. Your parents wanted to rent the four wheeled bicycle but Aiden wanted to learn and ride the two wheels. They disagree and let Aiden know the risk of riding two wheel bicycle for the first time but that didn’t let Aiden confident level down. He insisted in wanting to learn riding two wheel one.

“AIDEN DID IT!” Aiden shouted in amusement.

Your parents face each other and smiles proudly of their grandson, “Ara is not as determined as her son, I wonder who Aiden got the determination genes from.” Your father was curious but your mother got the answer, “Kai.”

---

 

 

“Then you press this button so that the espresso can fill the cup here. After that, take the shot of espresso, pour slowly at the bottom of the cup and then filled the cup with steamed milk. And there you have, a cup of cappuccino.” Kai demonstrated on how cappuccinos are made.

“Cool!” You were amazed by how coffees are made.

“Now you try. I want Iced Caramel Macchiato.” Kai ordered you and wants you to try and do the coffee.

Minutes after that, you look at your work and were impressed, “Not bad for a newbie.” You own self praised and drink the Macchiato.

Kai then continue teaching how to work on the coffee machines, how to make toast and some lunches that are served at the café.

 

 

It is eleven at night an hour before Aiden get back home after a full day with your parents.

“Super tired.” You stretch your arms forward and tried to crack your neck.

“I know. That’s how I manage to save money and my determination makes me become a manager.” Kai locked the café and continue the way back to bring you back home.

“Actually it’s hard to continue working as a barista like this but if you know how to manage time and money, you will be able to succeed one day.” Kai said.

You gulped and turn to look at Kai, “You seem to be mature more nowadays, sometimes I feel like it’s not Kai whom I’m talking to.”

“Right? I’m surprised myself too. I don’t know I was able to step out from my comfort zone and be the one I am now. I was tired of hiding myself like I did in the past and now I know that telling the truth helps us to lift something heavy off our shoulder.” He continued, “Just like how we told Aiden the truth last time.”

You nod, agreed with what he said.

“Did he ask any questions about me being his real dad?” Kai asked you out of curiosity.

“He did, the night after I said you that to him.” You nod and blew a raspberry.

“What did he said?”

 

That night…

 

“Time to go to sleep right, honey?” You comb his hair to the side with your fingers and tuck him to bed.

“Omma.” He said. You look at his eyes, “Yes?”

“Aiden knows Kai hyung is not Aiden’s appa. Omma said that because omma knows Aiden wants appa to come back right?” Aiden asked something that hit you right in your heart.

“No, honey. Kai hyung is your real dad. You will understand all this when you’re older.” You said and quickly want to leave the room before Aiden continues.

“But omma, Aiden will wait for appa to come back home because Aiden know appa will come back.” Aiden said and quietly turn to his left side and slept through the night.

 

 

“He thought that I said that to him so you can replace Kris’s place but he didn’t actually believe the truth.” You slouched your shoulder, “I don’t know, Kai, what I’m supposed to say to him. Maybe I should just wait for him to grow up and understand the truth.”

Kai shook his head, disagreeing with what you said, “He depends a lot on Kris hyung. I don’t mind if he didn’t acknowledge me as his father as long as you allow me to keep continue seeing him.”

You smiled.

 

 

The light in your house shone brightly but no one was home and that makes you scared.

“Why is my house lights open?” You grew cautious and slowly walk to your apartment.

But the second you reach near your house, you hear Aiden’s laughter.

“Grandpa is so funny! Watch this!”

“Oh.” You laughed and look at Kai who is laughing too, “They make my heart stopped for a while. Do you want to come inside?”

Kai shook his head, “Nope. I don’t want Aiden to see me for the meantime if not, he will hate me.”

You understand him and ask him to go first before Aiden sees him, “Thank you for today, Kai. I’ll come early and start working tomorrow.”

Kai nodded his head and ask you to quickly go in.

 

You enter your house but your parents and your son didn’t notice you since you were entering behind them.

“Grandpa look!” Aiden turns around and wanted to show your dad his tricks but then he saw you, “OMMA!” He runs to you and hug your legs as tightest as possible.

“Omma, look.” He pulls your hand and went to wear he was sitting earlier.

“Omma, look.” Aiden shows you your dad’s phone which shows a video of Aiden who is riding a two wheel bicycle.

“Wow!” You were amazed and snatch the phone from Aiden to look more closely.

“You ride two wheels bicycle?” You looked at Aiden amazed and Aiden laughed.

“Yes, just now grandpa teach Aiden.”

You look up to your parents who are smiling proudly and say, “I don't know to ride a two wheel bicycle until I was 14.”

“Aiden’s determination definitely didn’t come from our daughter, honey.” Your father whispered to your mother and they smiled.

---

 

 

 

 

HELLO~ HELLO~ HELLO~

You know, I was reading my first few chapters when Ara is with Kris.

LIKE WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING AT THAT TIME, WHY WAS I WRTING SO CHEESILY?

OMG IT MAKES MY EARS HAIRY BUT THANKS TO YOU GUYS WHO CONTINUES TO SUPPORT MY CHEESY LOVE STORY TILL NOW!

But ehem, I have new fanfic if you want to read more from me keke

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/701006/

 

Comment below so that I know what you think! Kamsahabnida~~