Bye, honey

Young daddy, Kris

 

 

Chapter 32 – Bye, honey.

---

 

Forty more minutes and Kris has to go for his three days camping. The school bus will be here to take the students who will be going for the camping. It was five in the morning. Kris and Aiden have already waked up and bath except for you. Aiden was eating his cheerios, you were still in your sleeping while Kris is getting ready to go out.

“Goodmorning, babe. Wake up, if you’re late then don’t blame me.” Kris was drying his hair in front of the vanity table. You were pulling up the covers to avoid the bright room light.

“Baby girl,”

“Honey, sweet heart,”

“Love, yeobo, wife,”

“Hotstuff, cutestuff,”

“Lee Ara.” Kris continues to be annoying.

You ignored him and continue to sleep. “YA!” Kris shouted with a playful tone at you.

“Oppa, you’re noisy!” You scrunched your nose to him and went back to sleep.

“What should I do to get my wife to get up and send me to the bus that will be here any minute?” Kris put down the hairdryer and climbs on the bed.

“Ara-ya, Ara-ya.” He started to tickle you. Of course, you have gotten use to his tickle and ignored him as usual.

“Aiden is already eating his breakfast and you are still in bed? Girl, that’s not what a mum should behave like.” He teased.

 You sat up and pushed the blankets away from you, “Why is it Monday already?” You rubbed your eyes.

“Why? You will miss me don’t you?” Kris followed you to the bathroom. You take your tooth brush and start to brush your teeth, “Nah, not because of me missing you, it’s because I hate school.” You lied, wanting to see his reaction.

“Well, I hate too.” Kris nods his head and shrugged his shoulder. “Three days is freaking long!” He groaned.

“Too bad, bro.” You too shrugged your shoulder and rinse your mouth.

---

 

 

The bus finally arrived at six in the morning. You get Kris’s bag and gave it to him while he was tying his shoelace up. He pouted. “Don’t act like a baby going camping without his mum.” You pushed him to the door.

“I’m not acting like that.” Kris scrunched his nose, “I’m acting like a husband going camping without his wife tagging along.”

You chuckled and asked Aiden to come over, “Aiden, say goodbye to appa.”

“Appa, bye bye!” Aiden waved at Kris cutely. Kris carries Aiden up and kissed him on the cheeks, “Do you love me?”

Of course, Aiden nod and draw an imaginary big circle in front of him, “This much.”

“Wow, you love me this much?” Kris smiled, “Listen to omma when I’m not here okay? You’re the man of the house now.”

You were touched at the sweet moment of dad and son happening in front of you, “The bus driver is waiting for you, oppa.”

Kris looked over to the bus and sighed, “Well, I guess I have to go now.” He tugged on his strip of the bag.

“But before that…” He stopped, “My kiss?” He pointed to his lips, acting like a silly guy.

After that kiss, you sent Kris outside the door and wait for him to board the bus.

“Bye, honey. I love you many many!” Kris blew a flying kiss and boards the bus.

I love you many many too!  You smiled and lock the door, to get ready to go to school.

---

 

 

Lunch break came and Hyuna brings out her homemade kimbap to be shared with you. Only the two of you stayed in class to eat while the others go out.

“Ara, I want to tell you something.” Hyuna started. You looked up to her and nod your head, “What?”

“It’s true that Kai is the one whom we saw last week. He was the one who enrolled to our school.” She said. You choked on your lunch and quickly sip down some water.

“I saw him this morning at the staircase level one. I know that he saw me and recognize me of being your friend since we met each other while we’re in your house, remember?” Hyuna asked you to make sure.

You nod. “He wants to talk to me but I didn’t know what to do so I ignored him and continue walking to class. I think he wants to meet with you though.” Hyuna told.

“Why is he enrolling to our school? I thought he was a dropout?” You asked her like as if she knows the answer.

She shrugged her shoulder, continue to eat her lunch, “If he wants to meet up with you, you better do so that you know why is he doing this, alright?” She advised.

You put down your kimbap and gulp down a lot of plain water down your throat.

---

 

 

“Class dismiss, but Kai, I want to see you for awhile.” The teacher, Mrs. Yoo, smiled and adjusts her sitting position. Kai went up to her and wait for the next instructions.

“How was the first day of school here?” She asked. Kai bit his lips till it was pale and nod his head, “It was okay.”

She gives out a motherly smile and leans in, “If you need any help about anything, I can help you and I will be here supporting you. I know the background you’re in. You’re a dropout and left home for two years. But you started working and your boss sends you to this college to continue study. Why and what are the reasons for your change?”

Kai nervously shook his legs up and down thinking for an answer.

Well, I have a responsibility like what Kris hyung asked me to that I have to take care of Ara and Aiden whenever he is not around. He said mentally.

Kai finally make an eye contact with Mrs. Yoo and answered, “Because I know I still have a future?” He was unsure. Mrs. Yoo just nods her head and smiled, “I hope you’ll do well in class, Kai. See you tomorrow then.” She packed her bag and leaves the class, leaving Kai alone.

 

He leaned his head back and faces the ceiling, “I’m not here to study. I’m just here to get close to Ara and allow me to take care of her and Aiden.” He sighed.

After thinking and sighing alone in the classroom, he left the class, locking the door. A group of girls swamped her like he was the new popular guy in school. Kai, known as the cold guy, ignored the many girls in front of her and continue to walk.

Please let me see Ara.  He prayed.

Coincidently, you and Hyuna were walking across his classroom to get down the staircase right after the last bell of school rang.

He ran out from the girls and called out your name, “ARA!” The girls quieten down and looked at you.

You heard your name being called and turn your head to the right to see the owner of the voice.

.  You looked at Hyuna and her reaction is the same as yours.

---

 

 

“Ara, remember what I said just now. Don’t run away from him. Listen to his reasons alright?” Hyuna squeezed your shoulder to give you some strength.

You walked towards him and the girls behind Kai followed. Busybody.

 

“Did you call me?” You asked him when he’s closed to you. Kai looked at the group of girls around him and glare at them to go away from the two of you.

Hyuna, of course, has already gone back home since she wants you to deal with Kai alone.

After that group of girls left, Kai began, “Yes, I did call you.” You didn’t pay attention to him since many of the girls were still there giving death glares at you.

“What’s up with them?” You point your chin towards them. Kai looked behind and they quickly ran away.

You sighed deeply, “I don’t have much time left. I have to go now.”  You turned around to continue walking but Kai stopped you with his words.

“I need to tell you the reason why I am here, in your school.” Kai said, making you stop your walk.

“I…” you paused, “I don’t need to know. It’s your life. You don’t have to tell me the reason.” You said, with your back facing him.

Kai nodded and bit the inside of his mouth, “I still hope you can hear me out, Ara.”

The way he calls your name makes your heart beat faster. It sounds the same as Kris called you.

You looked at your watch, turning your front to face him, “I’m taking Aiden back home from the childcare now. If you really want to talk to me, then you have to follow me because I don’t want him to keep waiting there.”

She allows me to see Aiden indirectly. Kai speed up his walk and walk beside you.

The whole journey was silent but not awkward since the both of you don’t really talk to each other.

---

 

 

“OMMA!” Aiden shouted and jumped right out from his sit, “Bye Hyunsoo. See you tomorrow.” He waved at his best friend and ran out the childcare gate.

“Hi, Aiden. How was your day?” You bend down and hugged him tight, “I make flowers today!” He answered cheerfully.

Kai who was standing beside you thought, He looks like me when I was younger.

What was he even thinking? He is obviously the dad, right?

Aiden looked up from his hug jumped, “Kai hyung!” Kai smiled at his action and nod, “Yeah, I’m here.”

 

 

You take Aiden to the nearest playground to let him play while Kai talk his reasons out with you.

“Can I tell you the reason why I’m here now?” Kai asked, looking straightly at you. You avoid the eye contact and nod.

“I know I cause a lot of troubles for you and didn’t take any responsibility for you for the past two going three years. I didn’t admit I was in the wrong place and make Kris hyung stands up for me instead.” He started.

Your eyes began teary but you controlled it.

“I’m regretting the way I behave years ago. I was selfish. I was selfish that I didn’t own my mistake up.” Kai interlocked his hands together and put it on top of the table bench.

You nod and asking him to continue.

 

“I know the news that Kris’s mum has already known that Kris hyung is not Aiden’s real dad.” He said.

Your eyebrows were pinched together and looked at him, “How? How did you know about that?”

“He called me last night. He knows that I’m enrolling into your school. He wants me to know everything that is happening, especially in your life. He was the one who asked me to get into a school, into your school, so I can take care of you whenever he is not around.” Kai explained.

“Kris asked you to enroll into this school so you can take care of me when his not around?” You confirmed once more.

Kai nodded and continue, “Yes. I know I have to follow his advice since I know I’m in the wrong position. So, Ara, I hope you can stop avoiding me. I know what I did wrong. I know that Aiden is my responsibility not Kris’s hyung. I want to fulfill what Kris hyung asked me to do. That’s all.” Kai said with a pity tone.

You let out a breathy sigh and stands up, “I appreciate it, Kai, but, no thanks. I don’t want you to take care of me for Kris. I know how to take care of myself.” You take your school bag with you and leave the place, calling Aiden to go back home.

 

Damn it, she’s so hard to convince.  Kai mentally slapped his face and walk away from the playground.

---

 

“NO!” Aiden shouted at you for drawing at the wrong side.

“Omma, it’s not this side. It’s this.” Aiden pointed you.

You chuckled at his actions, “You’re so smart for a two year old. How did you become so smart?” You ruffled your hair.

“Because I go to school?” Aiden answered, shrugging his shoulder.

“Oh, so you go to school and you become smart? Then why is omma not smart?” You asked him more.

“Because omma doesn’t go to school.” He nodded. You ruffled his hair and continue folding the paper ball.

“Aiden-uh, what do you want to be when you grow up?” You asked him.

“I want to be basketball!” He answered, suddenly hyped up. You laughed at his answer and corrected him, “It’s basketballer, sweetheart.”

He mumbled his own baby language that entertains you.

After he calm down, he asked you the most trickiest question ever, “Omma.”

You looked at him, tilting your head.

“Why is my name Aiden?”

That’s what your two years old son is curious about.

 

 

---

I'm sorry, I know that the answer is going to be too damn obvious but hey, I'm curious too xD

 

 

Cooment, subscribe and upvote this story if you like it<3