God knows.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 37 – God knows.

---

 

Thursday came. You have to force yourself to go school. Aiden is left with your mum while you go to school. Surprisingly, you didn’t know that your mum knows about the truth. She kept shut just so that you won’t be stressed than you are now.

Reached class, you straight went to your desk and rest your head down. But it was interrupted seconds later. A classmate of yours is knocking on your table, wanting you to look up.

It was Gayoon.

“Ya!” She started with a shout, “I haven’t seen you for awhile in school. What happened?” She smirked.

You smiled it off, “I was down with a fever.” She takes her hand and put it on your forehead, “Well, it seems like you’re okay now, right?” She said.

You nod slowly and asked her, “Why?”

She let out a breath and smirk again, “I saw you with a little boy, Ara.”

Your eyes widened, “What?”

“What?” She raised her shoulder like she knew nothing.

“I saw you running to the taxi stand near your house with a baby boy in your arms on Tuesday night and he looks like you.” Gayoon speak up. She lean near you, “Who is he?”

You avoid her eye contact and gulped, “My little brother.”

“Oh really?” She smiled sarcastically, “But why do you react so nervously? I didn’t ask you any sensitive questions did I?”

You shake your head and pray hard that she knew nothing about your life.

“But…” She lean in to your again, “I heard he calls you ‘omma’.” She emphasized the word ‘omma’.

You bit your inner chin and blows up your mouth. “How do you explain that?” She pulls your chin and face it to her.

“Gayoon-uh, I don’t think you heard correctly.” You stuttered.

“Oh no, I did. I was walking behind you while you were waiting anxiously for the taxi that night. And he was sleeping in your arms. From afar, I recognize it was you and I tried to call out for you but then I saw that boy.” She shakes her head, “And I am not mistaken. He called you ‘omma’ in his sleep.”

“And oh, remember the first day of school where Mr. Jung said this class has a student which she already has a son? That must be you, !”

Mr. Jung came in the class while Gayoon were pulling your chin. He pulled Gayoon hand and released her grip from you. “What do you think you’re doing, Gayoon?!” He shouted.

Your tears drop fast and you quickly wipe it off.

“Don’t touch me!” Gayoon argued and pull her hands back from the teacher.

Mr. Jung look at you, “Go back to your seat. See me after class.” He glared at Gayoon and stand in front of you. He takes out a packet of tissue from his jean pocket and places it in front of your desk.

 ---

 

 

“Tell me what happened.”

The class was released early for lunch today as Mr. Jung wants to settle the problem between you and Gayoon.

Both of you kept silence.

“Ara?” He looked at you. You response him back with your face looking down the floor.

“Gayoon?” He looked at Gayoon.

Gayoon stared at you, “She has a son doesn’t she?” she asked the teacher.

You control your teary eyes, not wanting to cry again and again.

“And if she does, what’s your problem with that?” Mr. Jung said.

“Then, she’s a . She’s only 17 and she has a son, that means she’s an easy girl and I hate being friends with an easy girl.” She said straightforwardly.

You close your eyes and continue to face the floor. After you eyes are filled with tears, it drops.

“That’s rude, Gayoon. You shouldn’t say to your classmate like that!” Mr. Jung shouted at her.

She just smirked, “Well, I don’t care. She’s an easy girl and she may be able to handle my rudeness.” She emphasized the word rudeness and push out the chair she’s sitting on.

“I hate having friends that have kids when they’re teenagers. Why did you continue schooling? You should just be a housewife.” She paused, “Oh I forgot, may be you don’t have a legal husband to be with, that’s why you’re in school still.” She point out her index finger and pushed your head with it, then she left the class.

The class became silent except for the sound of the turning fan.

Mr. Jung pulled out the tissue he gave you just now and hand it to you, “Don’t cry, Ara. I’m sorry that this all has to happen to you.”

You look up to him with a sobbing voice, “I want to go to the canteen. See you later, Mr. Jung.” You ignore his tissue and wipe your eyes with your hands and ran out the classroom.

Hyuna wasn’t in school that day. So, you were alone all day. Since your lunch break ends in about an hour, you have much time all by yourself. You ran all the way to the fifth floor, where no one is there. It was a quiet hallway.

Maybe no one will find me here.’ You sobbed and seat outside the classroom, on the hallway.

You hugged your knees and sighed, “Why does things keep happening to me?” You wiped your tears and put your face down, thinking that it would calm you down.

---

 

 

Kai knows you are in school, so he decided to come to school. It was also during his break lunch while you have yours. His heart was in a worried state. Something not right is happening right now.

When his teacher released his class, he grabs his wallet and phone with him and went to find you. He tried finding you in your class but it was empty. He ran to the canteen but it seems like even though there’s a lot of student walking around, he felt that you are not there.

While he was taking the stairs to the fourth classroom block, he saw someone sitting outside the classroom with her knees hugged on the fifth floor. ‘She looks familiar.’

He ran up the stairs to fifth storey and finds that girl. Once he spots that girl, he walks towards her and sit beside her, hugging his knees too.

“Ara-ya?” He said. His feelings know that that girl is you.

You heard a voice and look up, facing your left side, “Kai?” You said.

“What happened to you?” He look at your swollen eyes.

You sob and wipe your tears, “Why are you here?” You asked him. He smiled at you, “Well, I should ask you first. Why are you here hugging your knees and crying?”

You sighed and look forward, “I don’t know.” You shrugged your shoulder, “I don’t know what I should do in my life anymore.”

Kai look at your crying face, his heart hurts.  

“Many things happened to me this past three days. I don’t even know how to react to it.” You said.

“Is it about Kris?” He asked.

You nod.

“Ara, you need to talk with Kris. You can’t suffer alone. He is suffering too. It’s not fair for him if you decide to leave him just because of this. You need to talk things out right?”

“But, Aiden is not his son. He has the right to leave me if he wants. He is sick and tired of me and I know it. I’m allowing him to go, I’m not holding him back, Kai.” You cried.

“But it’s not fair for you too right?” Kai grab your shoulder and face him.

“It’s my fault.” You continue, “I shouldn’t have gone to Kris’s birthday party two years ago.”

That phrase stabbed Kai in his heart. Well, actually all this happen is his fault, he thought. If he didn’t do anything to you, you wouldn’t have Aiden and you and Kris would still be free teenagers.

But he kept silence.

“I’ll bring you to see Kris later alright? Stop crying and have your energy back.” You looked at Kai, wanting to disagree but he shuts your mouth.

“No matter what you will say to me, I’m sorry but this isn’t going to solve if you keep crying and keeping yourself quiet. You have to stand up for your right and talk things out with him. He’s awake now.” Then, he stands up with his heart that has broken into pieces.

He reaches his hands out to you waiting for you to grab it. You hesitate for awhile but you grab it.

“Let’s go.” He grabs your hand tight and leads you.

---

 

 

“How are you feeling today, Kris?” The nurse asked him as she checks on his condition after he ate his lunch.

“I’m fine, can I go back home now?” Kris asked the nurse. The nurse tilts her head to the side, “I’m not sure about that, Kris. Your condition is still not okay though.”

Kris sighed and lean his head to the headboard.

The nurse wanted to leave the ward but then she turns around, facing Kris again.

“Oh yeah, your mum will be coming soon.” She smiles and exit the ward.

Kris chocked on his saliva.

“How does she know I’m in the hospital?” He ruffled his head.

“ my life!” He kicked his injured leg but it didn’t hurt him. His heart hurts him instead.

---

 

 

“I’m sorry but I was told that no one is allowed to come and visit Kris anymore.” The staff told Kai.

“Why? Didn’t we just visit him yesterday?” Kai asked him back.

“Yes you did but his mum is here and she warned us not to allow anyone to come and visit the patient. I’m not sure about the reason but we have to take parent’s concern.”

“Kris’s mum?” Kai’s jaw slightly dropped, “How does she know?”

“Well, the hospital has to keep track of their patient’s information and we have to at least inform one of the patient’s parents even though they’re foreigners. That’s how she knows.” He explained clearly.

You look at Kai with a disappointed look. Kai asked again, this time pointing at you, “Even his wife can’t visit him?”

The staff shakes his head, “No.”

Kai nod, “Okay then, if you ever see his mum again help me to tell her she’s a crazy mum.” Then, he grab your hands again tightly and walk away.

You let him hold your hands because if he doesn’t you will be floating everywhere.

He brings you to the nearby café and sat you down on your seat. He buys hot chocolate to relax you down.

 You smile painfully at him, “See? Even god doesn’t want me to meet my husband.” You let out a pain laugh.

Kai knows how painful you are right now but you kept smiling and laughing even though you force yourself. But sometimes when you can’t take it anymore, you’ll cry in front of him and even let him hold your hand.

---

 

 

 

“Is it yummy?”

Your mum cooked dinner for the family. She asked Aiden who is eating fried eggs and rice with his bare hands, making the table messy.

“It’s yummy.” Aiden smiled and continue stuffing his baby mouth with the food.

Your dad laughed at his cute little action and gives him his juice.

“Do you want to drink cranberry juice? It’s good for your health because once you grow older, you’ll be as handsome as me.” He gave Aiden his sippy cup and Aiden drink it straight.

“Omma.” He called you but you’re not home yet.

He looked around, turning his head wanting to call you but you’re not there.

“Your mum isn’t back home, Aiden. She’s at school.” Your mum said.

But it seems like he has sharp ears.

“Oh? Omma.” He jump down his chair with his cup on his hands and ran to the door as soon as he hears the door keys.

 “OMMA!” He shouted and gives you a hug right after you enter the house.

You smiled and carry him up, “What are you doing?” He smiled and your cheeks, “I eating. Cranberry juice. You want some?” He offer you his sippy cups.

“No thanks, baby boy. Omma is tired, omma wants to go to sleep.” You said with your swollen face after hours and hours of crying.

“Okay.” He let go of his grip and ran to the kitchen.

“Goodnight grandpa, goodnight grandma.” He greeted goodnight and ran back to your arms.

‘Maybe he is the reason why I shouldn’t blame myself. He brings smiles to me every day.’ You kissed his cheeks and told your parents goodnight and went straight to your room.

---

 

After a nice long bath, you sat down on your bed with Aiden who is playing with your phone.

“Omma, cars. Aiden love cars.” He shows you your phone and he giggled.

You caressed his hair and ask him a question, “Aiden-uh, if you have to choose to go with omma and appa, who will you choose?”

Aiden look up with his puppy eye look and pout his lips out.

“Can you understand what I’m trying to say?” You lean forward.

“Omma.” He said and continue playing his game on your phone.

You smiled and it feels like something heavy has been lifted off your heart after a hard day in your life.

---

 

 

 

Kris is tired and he wants to sleep but he would not close his eyes until Yumi and his mum leave the ward.

“Can you guys leave? I’m tired and I want to sleep.” Kris said, giving them his uninterested face.

“Yi fan-uh, I have to stay with you. I have to take care of you.” She touch his hands.

He push her hands away and sit up, “Can you don’t make me feel stressed up, mum?”

Then he glared at Yumi, “And you don’t pretend that you are not in fault.” Yumi gulped and look at his mum.

“Kris, how could you scold her?” She scold Kris and hugs Yumi by her shoulder.

“Mum, you should know who the devil is and who’s the angel right now!” He shouted.

“She ruins my marriage life with Ara.” He point at Yumi.

“Kris! Don’t you dare say you’re married! I’ve disapprove of relationship with that girl! And it’s not too late for my disapproval, Kris.” His mum argued back.

“Do you like seeing your son suffer, mum?” Kris asked her.

“As long as you don’t marry a girl who doesn’t even bear your child.” She answered.

“My decision is final. Its either you marry Yumi, which is your grandma’s wish or you divorce Ara if you don’t want to have two wives.” She said and leaves the ward, leaving Yumi and him alone.

Yumi look at Kris with her ‘pity-looking’ face and pouts.

“What are you still doing here? Get out!” He pushed her off the bed, without caring whether she’s injured or not.

He closes his eyes and prays.

‘God, please help me. I want to be with Ara and Aiden without them getting hurt by these witches.’

Then, he fall asleep.

The moment he fall asleep, you and Aiden also falls asleep at the same time but different place…

 

---

 

Can I ask something?

Please be honest,

is this story going to slow for you because you want the ending soon or this pace is alright?

Huh? Huh? Because I still have a lot of ideas *wink wink*

And oh, the storyline makes sense right?

Tell me tell me tell tell tell tell tell me :)