Poor Kris

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 18 - Poor Kris

---

 

Kris was not well for a few days after what Baehyun and Chanyeol told him. His face is pale, his lips are dry and the both of his eyes look puffy and dark circles seem to be forming. His body temperature also rises up to 40 degrees and that makes him didn’t go to school for days.

You were in school because you were forced by Kris who wants you to just go to school and not be worried about him.

Which wife in the world is not worried about her husband who is sick alone at home with a two year old son? You are.

Kris stands up with all his energy to get down to the living room to accompany Aiden who is alone. Aiden was quietly sitting down playing with his toys while the television is on. Kris then went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and get some lunch for Aiden.

He warmed up the pasta that you cook last night and place it on Aiden’s plate.

Aiden saw his dad and ran up to him, “Appa!” He hugs Kris’s legs.

“Good boy, go sit there and eat your lunch alright?” Kris smiles at his son action sat down the sofa. Aiden take his spoon and fork and eat then drink his apple juice.

Kris chugged down a whole glass of plain water he took and lay down back. He doesn’t have any appetite to eat anything or to drink anything but he can’t let his body suffer without any water flowing down his veins.

After drinking a whole lot of water, he slams his body down and lay down behind Aiden who is eating.

“Appa…” Aiden put some pasta onto his fork and turn behind.

“Appa, eat.” Aiden wanted to feed his dad. Kris smiled, sitting back up to eat what his son feeds him.

“Thank you, baby boy. Now you eat, alright?” Kris ruffled Aiden’s hair and lay back down, munching on his pasta.

Kris reached out for his phone in his pocket and scrolls his contact. He wants to call you but he’s scared if he is calling you while you’re in the middle of class.

“Ahhh Ara, when are you coming back? I want Chocolate milkshake!” He grumbled and cover his face with the sofa pillow.

---

 

Finally, it was the final lesson of the day. You pack up slowly wanting to walk out the class once your teacher releases your class.

“Even though the bell has rung, I still want to see Ara and Hyuna. The rest can go.” Mr. Jung, your form teacher, said, sitting back on his chair.

You go to his table with Hyuna by your side.

“Project?” He asked. Hyuna gave the two files to him and wait for the next instruction.

“Hyuna, you may go but Ara, I want to talk with you.” He said and Hyuna looked at you.

You sighed and sit down in front of his table.

“What reason will you give me after two days missing in school?” He asked, leaning towards you.

“I’m sick.” You lied, “Really? You don’t look like you’re sick right now?” He makes it difficult for you.

“I’ve recovered, that’s why I came back.” You fight back.

“Fair enough,” He paused then looks at you, “How’s your son?”

You look up to him and look at him straight, “He’s fine.”

“Are you fine with you sharing with me about your story since I’m your form teacher?” He leaned back to his chair.

“There’s nothing much to know, Mr. Jung.”

“Really?  Well I hope, I can see him one day. You may go now.” He stands up and put his files in proper order and exit the room.

You rolled your eyes and exit too while checking your phone. 11 missed call from Kris <3.

“, why does he keep calling?” You went anxious and call him back.

He answers with a husky and a weak voice, “Babe~~”

You smiled and answer back, “Why? What happened?”

“Can you buy me chocolate milkshake? My tummy wants to drink it~” He begged like a little child who wants a toy.

“You call me just for milkshake?” You giggled.

“What’s so funny about that? Your husband wants to drink it.” He pouts over the phone.

“Araso, I’m coming home in a few minutes time, bye.” You said and quickly went to the milkshake shop to get three milkshake each for you, Kris and also Aiden.

---

 

 

You unlocked the door of your house and you are welcomed by your son who is standing in front of the door waiting for you while Kris is laying on the sofa with his back facing the ceiling.

“Oppa, wake up. I got your milkshake.” You carried Aiden in your left arms and went over to Kris.

Kris slowly sit up with his head bouncing up and down because he has no energy left.

“Omo oppa, you look really pale.” You grab Kris’s face and rushed to the kitchen to take some medicine, plain water and some ice cubes.

Kris lay down and put his hands on his forehead.

Aiden didn’t know what is happening as he just look at both of his parents especially you who is in rush.

“Oppa, sit down and eat this.” You give him two doctor pills and a glass of water.

“Why didn’t you eat your medicine from just now?” You wiped his sweat. His eyes are still heavy to open and his mouth is to dry to talk.

You slowly put him back down and take some ice-cubes, cover it with a towel and put it on Kris’s forehead and neck.

He kept still even though the coldness is killing him.

“You can’t drink this milkshake though, oppa.” You advised him, putting away the milkshake from him.

“Omma…” Aiden point to the blue milkshake.

You giggled to yourself at his actions and you nod, “I bought that for you little boy. Drink it.” You tear the plastic of the straw of and give him to drink.

“Babe, mine?” Kris open his eyes and face you.

“Nope, if I know you’re this sick, I won’t buy it for you.” You object him and keep putting ice on his forehead.

“I’m not sick.” He takes your hands away from his forehead and sat down.

“You’re kidding me huh?” You slouched your shoulder, giving him your I’m-not-impressed look.

“I just missed you.” He weakly grinned and hugged you tightly.

“You’re the only one I can depend on now.” He says while hugging you.

“Oppa…” You hugged him back.

‘I love you but I can’t do anything to protect you, baby.’ Kris tears fall down as he remembers what Baekhyun and Chanyeol told him the past few days.

---

 

 

The night came and you went to Aiden’s room to accompany him until he falls asleep.

“You’re so big now, Aiden. I can’t wait until you fully grown up and knows how to talk.” You stare at his sleeping face.

“Goodnight baby boy. I love you.” You kissed his forehead and close the light.

Kris was still on the couch in the living room with his hands resting on his forehead, watching soccer game.

“Oppa, aren’t you going in?” You looked over the couch.

He turned your head and shakes it, “Nope, you go in first. I’ll come in later.”

 

---

 

In Kris’s mind, there were a lot of things going on. In a few more days, it will be you and Kris’s third anniversary and a few months to go Aiden will turn three.

He wants his third year with you to be memorable and wants to do something that you will remember for life, but something was blocking the way.

“It’s either you marry the girl I choose or divorce your wife!”  His grandma voice was still ringing in his head.

Since he has a headache and fever going on, thinking about this things make it even worse. He respects his grandma all this while but how could she do such a thing to his older grandchild?

She even sent a threaten note to his friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

---

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry but I have to tell you this.” Baekhyun say, biting his bottom lip.

“About what?”

“About you and Ara.” Chanyeol said.

“What is it?” Kris asked, leaning in.

“Would you sacrifice your marriage just to protect Ara?” Baekhyun asked, biting his lips.

“What do you mean?” Kris was confused.

“Hyung, if Ara and Aiden is in danger because of you will you leave her so that that danger will stop?” Baekhyun asked again.

“What are you talking?” Kris went mad.

“I’m sorry, hyung but here.” Baekhyun hand him a letter and walk out of the room with Chanyeol without any words.

---

 

Kris takes the letter out from his pocket and opens it up, reading it once again.

“You love her, you leave her.” – Yu Mi.

---