They're here, again.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 45 – They’re here, again.

---

 

“W-what?” You trembled at the touch of Gayoon’s cold hand.

“That’s why I said to you to leave him if you don’t want other’s family to be in trouble because of you.” Gayoon pushed you hard on the toilet’s wall. During lunch, she quickly calls you out and pushes you into the toilet, locking the entrance door of the toilet

“I don’t want my family to be ruined because of you, . Come on, you can find another husband in the future, I just don’t want my family to be ruined.” Gayoon glare at you.

“What has it got to do with me?” You asked with eyes wide open and eyebrows raised high.

Gayoon chuckled, “What has it got to do with you?” She paused, “Are you kidding me?”

---

 

“What happened, Aiden? Tell me, huh?” Kris asked.

Aiden looked up to Kris with his mouth pinched together and his puppy eyes, “You leave me.”

Kris lean forward to Aiden and tilted his head, “What do you mean?”

“Appa!” Aiden hugged Kris again and cried on Kris shirt, “Appa don’t leave Aiden.”

Kris let his son cry and hugged him back. His heart seems like it got stabbed by a million of knifes the moment Aiden cry and tell Kris not to leave him. His mouth dropped wide open and his breathing became heavy.

---

 

 

School ended right on time at six in the evening.

Hyuna wanted to accompany you back home but you decline her offer. You wanted to walk back home alone without anyone’s distractions.

 

“Because of you, a lady came to me and asked me to tell you that you better leave Kris alone and let her have Kris back. If not…” Gayoon paused and sighed, “She will ruin my family business.”

“Why you?” you asked.

“I don’t know what have I done. I just don’t want because of you being selfish, my family business is ruin. So, you better do as what she said if not, everyone fight.” “And all of that is because of you.” She let go of your collar and left the toilet.

 

 

You dragged your feet slowly and painfully. Both of your eyes turned red and it is glistened with tears.

‘What should I do?’

‘How should I tell Kris?’

‘Should I let go of Kris?’

The left eye of yours, drop a tear.

---

 

 

Unfortunately, it started to rain cats and dogs. He rushed to his workplace right after his last lesson of the day ended. He didn’t have any umbrella with him so he doesn’t have any choice but to get wet and to beat the busy traffic. However, he couldn’t beat the traffic since it was too busy for him to ran across.

Kai stopped at the traffic light and suddenly, he felt someone sharing the umbrella with him, standing beside him.

The person was you. You stopped by the convenience store to grab some snack and the moment you exit the store, you saw a guy who has the same back view as Kai. You decided to take out your umbrella and share with him, standing beside him quietly.

Kai turned his head slowly and you expressionless face greeted him. You were looking straight without even looking at him. Kai bit his lip and became awkward.

The light turned green but both of you still stand there since Kai himself didn’t move an inch.

“You’re not going?” you asked him.

“Ah.” He smiled and move forward with you.

The short but to you seems like it is a long journey to the other side of the road.

“Thank you.” He thanked you.

You heard him but instead of replying him, you keep silent.

“Another wrong, Ara?” He asked you out of concern.

You gulped and once you reach under the shelter, you closes your umbrella and faces him, “You need this don’t you. I have another umbrella in my bag. Take this with you and you can return it to me whenever you see me.” You pass him your umbrella, lying to him that you have another one but you don’t.

He slowly reaches out his hand and accepts the umbrella, “I won’t be asking you a lot of question then but rest well, you look miserable now.” He said.

Looking down, trying not to make it obvious, you smiled, “Work hard.” Then, you left.

 

 

Kai watch you walking to the other side and he went on walking to his work place.

You stay under the shelter and watch the rain keep pouring down heavily. It feels like the rain is your tears instead. You don’t want to always cry when problems arise because you have to stay strong, but it is too hard for you to hold it in.

‘What did I just do?’ You mumbled and laughed at yourself even though your inside feelings are killing you, “I need an umbrella but I give it to him.”

He followed you. Kai turned his back and followed you from behind secretly. He knew something is wrong with you but you didn’t want to tell him what, so he decided to follow you from behind and watch you behave.

You cried and laughed at the same time. People around you began to give you weird looks but that doesn’t stop you to continue laughing and crying at the same time.

He started to walk towards you and eventually, standing beside you like what you did to him previously.

With your red eyes, you look at him with a nervous look.

“Why? Let it out. I’m here to accompany you.” Kai said with a trembling heart but he controls it and shows his confidence.

“Nothing.” You forced yourself to smile.

“Why are you crying then?” Kai asked.

Your eyes turns red and glistened with tears again, “I forgot to bring the other umbrella. That’s why I cried, thinking that I will get wet.” You laughed.

Kai put his hands over your shoulder and pull you closer to him, “Don’t cry.” He open up the umbrella you gave him and started walking with you by his side.

---

 

 

 

It has been hours since Aiden took a nap, together with Kris. Even the loud thunder and bright lightning didn’t wake both of them up.

Both you and Kai reached your house and you ask him to quickly leave for his work. You wipe off the rain droplets at the side of your skirt and enter the house after unlocking the door.

The first thing that welcomed you back home from school is the father and son sleeping together on the sofa. Aiden sleeps on Kris arms that he extends, using it for Aiden’s ‘pillow’.

 

 

“Because of you, a lady came to me and asked me to tell you that you better leave Kris alone and let her have Kris back. If not, she will ruin my family business.”

 

Gayoon’s words played in your mind automatically when you see Kris’s peaceful sleeping face.

All of a sudden, a loud thunder sounded. Kris stretched his arms out without realizing Aiden was sleeping on it. The next second, Aiden fell from the couch and cried because his neck is still in an injured state.

You quickly close and lock the main door and ran to Aiden, “Oh my god, oppa!” You hit Kris and Kris quickly sits up with his blurry eyes and bed hair.

He heard Aiden’s cry and finally after two long seconds, he carries Aiden up, rocking him and consoling him that everything is okay. You didn’t have the heart to say anything to Kris. He is so responsible. He is so caring. He is the one that you want as a husband. He doesn’t even care if that child isn’t his. And how in the world are you going to tell him about Gayoon’s situation and what Yumi threatened her?

After a few while, Aiden woke up and stopped crying. And then is when Kris noticed you were already home. “Oh babe, you’re home.” He smiled, sitting back down on the sofa with Aiden still hugging his neck tight.

“Oppa, I was here when you pushed Aiden away while you were stretching.” You say in a sarcastic tone.

“Oh really?” He kept silent, “Did I really push him? I forget he was sleeping beside me.” Kris gives you his cutest smile and you smile back.

“Have you eaten?” Kris asked you. You sighed and take a seat beside him, “Oppa.”

You wanted to say what happened but you don’t want Kris to know so you changed topic, “Let’s just have pizza and hot chocolate for tonight. It seems like a perfect day to enjoy both of those.”

The smile that you let out isn’t a happy smile, it’s a smile of force and pain.

---

 

 

 

“Oh mum.” Kris mum answers her ringing phone.

“Give the phone to Kris.” The other side of the phone, Kris’s grandma, asked.

Kris’s mum bit her lips, “I’m sorry, mum. But Kris isn’t with me right now.”

“WHAT?!” His grandmother shouted over the phone that makes Kris’s mum brings the phone a few inches away from her ear.

“I told you how many times that I want him back home until the end of this week! it has been three months since you’ve been there and there is nothing you could do?” The grandma said.

“I’m sorry, mum. But I will do something, don’t worry.” Kris’s mum assured.

“Remind him that if he doesn’t want to get married to another, make sure he divorces with that young girl!” The grandma hangs up the call with a loud bang.

Kris’s mum sighed and turn her head to face the two girls sitting side by side in front of her.

“What should I do now? Yumi?” She paused, “Gayoon?”

---

 

 

 

“Here’s your pay for today.” The boss gave Kai his pay for the day before he left the café after he ended his shift.

“Thank you.” He gladly accepts the pay and exit the café. Standing beside the door of the café, Hyuna was waiting for him. The moment she saw him, she blocked him, “Let’s go.”

Kai was startled, “Huh?”

“Let’s go to Kris and Ara’s house to visit Aiden. I have bought some food for Aiden. So, come and accompany me, please.” Hyuna pleaded with her popular puppy eyes.

Kai sighed and when he remembered how miserable you look just now, he agreed and followed Hyuna to your house.

 

 

 

 

Aiden is sitting quietly on the sofa, reading his book of animal while you and Kris ate pizza at the kitchen. Kris realized something was different about you today but he decided not to ask you about anything that may sadden you, instead he wanted to make you happy and smile back.

“You know when I was a child whenever I met some stranger that I didn’t know, wanting to talk to me, I will show them my popular grumpy face and then they will slowly back away and ignore me.” He laughed while munching on his favourite pepperoni pizza.

“And then, I remember when my mum asked me to accompany to her to a wedding, I would accidently cause an accident by dropping the glass on someone’s else shirt just so that I can pretend that I’m sick and I have to go home to get some rest.” He continued.

“I don’t have any awesome childhood.” He admitted and continues to eat.

You smile all the way through his stories without knowing how to answer him.

“And then last few months, I have grown interest in music. I wanted to compose a song for someone but it’s not working now.” He pouted and drinks the soda, “But one day, when Aiden is older than he is now, I promise you that he will sing the song that I composed.”

“Why do you want Aiden to sing it instead?” You asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Mainly because…” He paused and put his pizza down, “He is my son.”

 

 

 

*knock knock knock*

Aiden ears perked up and turned his head behind to look at the closed door.

“Omma appa, door.” He called both of you softly but luckily you can hear him.

Kris asked you to stay seated while he go to the door and see who it is. Once he knew Kai and Hyuna are the visitor, he unlocked the door and let them in.

“Oh?” Aiden stand up and ran to Kai, hugging his knee, “Kai hyung!” With a wide smile, Kai caressed his back, “You’re better now, Aiden?”

Aiden nod and hold Kai’s hand, “Appa and omma eat pizza. Kai hyung eat too!” He led Kai to the kitchen where you were sitting, followed by Hyuna walking towards you.

“You’re here.” You smile at Kai and Hyuna while Aiden goes back to you.

Kai nod his head and took a sit, “Hyuna asked me to follow her to visit Aiden at your house.”

Hyuna grinned and brings Aiden to the living room to give him the things that she bought.

Kris joined Aiden and Hyuna at the living room while you and Kai sit at the kitchen.

“Uh, Ara.” Kai remembered something.

You looked up, “What?”

“Umm…” He hesitates to say it to you.

“Why Kai? What is it?” You asked.

The moment Kai wanted to open his mouth to say, two figures appear again in front of your house, quickly making everyone in the house shocked.

‘I was going to say that Kris’s mum and Yumi is here.’ Kai said mentally and look at your startled face.

 

 

 

---

 

Sorry for taking too long to update this chapter since you know, exams weeks.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe, vote it up too if you like it :)

Thank you for keep supporting me~ ^^

I'll update freqeuntly once my school holiday starts :))