Learning steps

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 13 – Learning steps.

---

 

Aiden is playing with his basket ball soft toys while sitting with you at your study table. The table is full of pencils, pens, markers and papers. You were trying to finish up your assignment by the end of the day.

Aiden stops playing his toys and decide to just see you do you work. Being a curious kid, he takes your one blank paper and a red marker. You were shocked at his sudden move but you let him be.

You were surprised at what you see, you and Kris are both right handed but how does Aiden becomes left-handed? He comfortably holds the marker with his left-hand and starts to draw shapes, circle the most.

“Aww, you’re interested to learn alphabets, aren’t you?” You wiped his hair to the side to keep his hair tidy up.

He continues to doodle on the paper that he forgets about his favorite soft toy. You were proud of him and instead of you finishing your assignment you set your eyes to Aiden trying to learn something new.

Aiden’s marker kept falling off from his left hand so you teach him the right way of holding a pen. He follows you and he was so happy that he was even smiling and giggling happily.

“How I wish I could see the first day when you started to walk.” You regretted because when first Aiden started to walk, you were in school and your parents are the one who saw it.

---

 

Kris was walking up and down the balcony of his room. He wanted to call you up but the time zone is different from Canada to Seoul. He misses you and Aiden. He doesn’t feel safe leaving both of you alone just like that. Kris feels that responsibility that he has to be there as your husband and as Aiden’s dad.

“Kris.” Daniel knocked the door.

Kris ignored him because he wanted to be alone but Daniel still opens up the door.

“Kris.” Daniel called him again, “What?” Kris answered without looking at Daniel.

“Are you feeling okay?” Daniel asked being concerned as a cousin.

“Do you think I am okay? I’m worried.” Kris sighed and eventually he sat down, not having much energy left to stand up.

Daniel kept silent because he doesn’t know how bad Kris was feeling that time. He doesn’t want to add oil to the fuel so he just nod and kept silent.

“Daniel, I…” Kris sounded, “Can I just go back now?”

Daniel was shocked, of course but it was expected that Kris will be saying that. “Then how about grandma?”

“I don’t care about her. She asked my mum to make me divorce Ara and marries other girl. If she doesn’t have any respect on me and my family, I will not take her advice.” Kris stands up for his right.

“It’s you choice, Kris. I don’t know what I should really do. I feel bad for you.” Daniel patted Kris back, knowing how desperate Kris is for his wife and son.

“I’ll go back when it’s night time.” Kris decided and went downstairs to grab a bite.

‘I hope you’re thinking the right way Kris. You know how your mother will react if you do this.’ Daniel said mentally and sighing was all he was able to do.

---

 

 

“Omma, will be coming back here in the afternoon to come take you back home, okay?” You dropped Aiden to the childcare before going to school.

“Remember to be a good boy and don’t make so much noise, baby boy. Read this book and behave yourself.” You passes him his baby book and he gladly accept it and nod his head.

“Go on in now, baby boy. Mummy loves you.” You kissed his lips softly and let him go.

Aiden is the youngest toddler in the childcare center and it was hard for him to mix with older kids.

After looking at Aiden walking in with his Spiderman back bag, with your heavy heart and footstep, you exit the gate of the childcare.

“Mrs. Wu?” A lady called.

You know it is you and you turned, “Me?” The lady nod and ask you to come inside for some discussion.

 

“I understand how life is difficult for you right now but looking at Aiden’s behavior in the center, I don’t think we can keep him here any longer.” She said, keeping her hands together.

“What do you mean? What did Aiden do?” Your heart nearly stopped pumping.

“Many kids have been complaining to their parents and also the teachers that your child just cries when he doesn’t get what he wants, and when he doesn’t get the toy he wants, he will hit the other kids and start a kid’s fight.” She explained.

“Wu Aiden is not like that, Miss Kim. He behaves well, you see?” You points to Aiden who sits alone by himself at the corner reading his books instead of playing with the other kids.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Wu. But we have to take Aiden out of this childcare. I hope you will find another childcare for you soon.” She stands up and enters the room to take Aiden up. Knowing nothing, Aiden just raises up with his bag on his back and book on his hand.

Looking at the situation, your tear swells up and you cry looking at the poor baby.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Wu. We have to respect other parent’s decision.” She passes Aiden to you and you carry him.

“Thank you for all this while, Miss Kim.” You bowed at her nicely and exit the center.

“What kind of mother went to school when her child is in school? Only girls like you do! I bet your future will be ruined!” One mum scolded you behind your back.

“How dare your ‘lovely’ son hit my son? Do you think I can just let thing pass like that?” Another mum adds oil to the fuel.

You ignored them and keep walking without knowing where to go.

“Shame on you, young girl!”

You wanted to cry out loud but seeing Aiden who is still engrossed in reading his baby book makes you more stronger. You wouldn’t want to cry in front of your first son, he will think that you are a weak mummy that always like to cry whenever there’s any problem.

 

You went to the nearest food shop to have breakfast. Since you are already late for school, you decided not to go to school and just be with Aiden the whole day.

You bought sandwiches and milk for both of you and you sat on the nearest park benches.

He was drinking his milk with his straw and still engrossed in reading his book. You didn’t have any appetite to eat so you just feed Aiden in small pieces.

You didn’t know what to do now. It was impossible to believe that your son hits children for a toy that he wants when he is all well-behaved in home. As a mum, you know your poor son was framed. But you accept the challenge and keep going with life and not to argue with other people.

A lot of mums hates on you and Aiden now, not knowing what really happens behind the scene. You didn’t want to scold Aiden because this is all part of growing up.

“Kris, where are you when I need you the most?” You sighed while looking at Aiden who is widening his eyes and his hands touching the objects that can pops out.

---

 

Kai was on the way to start his new life. He is searching for a new job for being able to get enrolled in school when he saw you sitting with Aiden in the park. After a few years, he can finally see his real son face near him.

Kai wanted to be a real man and approached you. You look up and saw Kai but you didn’t freaked out because none energy is left. All your energy went down the drain after the incident happens.

“Why are you not in school?” Kai asked, looking at your school uniform. “If I can go to school, I wouldn’t be here right now.” You sighed, nearly tearing up again.

You wanted to run far away from him but your body seems to get stuck on the chair and he is not some kind of monster who will eat people up.

“Are you okay, Ara?” Kai was manly enough to ask.

You faced Kai and you can totally see the resemblance in Aiden’s face, “Nope.” You stand up and carry Aiden in your left hand.

“Ara, listen, I want to take care of you and Aiden even though I know you’re married now. Aiden is still my responsibility, Ara and I’m willing to do anything for him.” He confessed.

You gulped and turned back to him, “WWh-what?” You stuttered.

“I’m Aiden’s father, Ara. I was the one who did it.” Kai confessed, while looking into your eyes.

“Kai…” You were dumbfounded and nothing seems to come out of your mouth.

“Kris hyung wanted me to confess to you and I need more time to do so, and here I am trying to get close to you and Aiden.” He walks closer to you. Aiden look up and look at Kai’s face.

“Omma.” Aiden holds your hand. You take a deep breath in and out while trying to answer him but nothing seems to formed up in your mind.

Too many things happen in one morning. First Aiden got kicked out from childcare center. Second, Aiden’s real father came and confesses to you.

“Thanks for confessing, Kai. I don’t want to see you anymore.” You said quickly and walk away with Aiden holding your right hand.

Kai respects your decision and let you go. But he still promises himself to get a job and be a responsible man and let Kris out of this mess.

---

 

It was nine at night in Canada. Kris has packed his stuffs and decides to finally go airport and be back by you and Aiden’s side.

“Since grandma is on her deathbed, she can’t do anything about me not accepting her decision.” Kris was happy for a second. He doesn’t care about his family, what he cares about if you and Aiden.

He knows it is a bad thing but his family doesn’t respect him and ask him to divorce you and the way he leaves you and Aiden just like that, may hurt you the most. He wants to be in Seoul to protect you and Aiden, the most precious peoples in his life.

“Wait for me, baby. I’ll be there with you soon.” He kisses the purple wedding ring and walked down slowly the staircase.

It was dark and it was safe for him until…

 “Hi Kris.”