For you, from me.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 46- For you, from me.

---

 

 

“No, I won’t.” Kris fights back. His mum grabbed Kris hands and shed a tear, “I don’t want you to do something that you will regret later on, Kris. I don’t want you to live your life unhappily like this. I don’t want to suffer later on. I don’t want you to be a disloyal son or grandson. Please, follow me home.” She begged.

Kris slowly let go of his mum’s hold and said, “I’m happy. I don’t have any regrets. I am still a loyal son and grandson, just please don’t be overboard. I marry Ara and it is my choice. I choose to marry her, mum. Please just give us your blessings and your son will be the happiest guy. Just stop with all this crap, mum.”

Yumi walked to Kris and his mum, “You don’t have any responsibilities, Yifan.” She pretends to be disappointed but she’s not. Yumi grabbed his mum shoulder and left the building.

Aiden ran out of the house and hugged Kris knee, “Appa! Don’t leave Aiden!” He cried when he thought Kris was leaving him.

“What are you saying? I’m not going anywhere.” Kris picked Aiden up and they hugged. “I don’t want you to leave me.” Aiden cried again.

Kris soothed him by caressing his back, rocking him side to side.

You rush out the house and saw Kris hugging Aiden. Part of your heart melted, smiling a bit. “What happened?”

Kris turned and face you, “As usual, babe.”

“Then why did Aiden cried? His eyes are red.” You asked Kris. “He’s hungry? Let’s go in.”

Your heart knew something was wrong but you kept silence.

---

 

 

 

That night, Kris and Kai went out together to get a stroll. They met up with their other friends and hang out like last time. He left you and Aiden at home since Aiden is still sick.

The old Kris that Kris abandoned few years ago, came back. Few years back before Kris knows you, he used to drink alcohol, bottles of alcohol every night. He is a free teenager that ran away from home. Kris drank alcohol like it’s his water. He drinks it every day and night but stopped one day and promised himself to stop it.

 

But he betrayed himself.

 

He bought bottles of alcohol to share with the older members of his friends. Kai helplessly couldn’t stop him. Kai knows that his friend is in need of a lot of help but instead he kept it inside.

Kris pop open the cork of the alcohol and chug down the alcoholic liquid.

After chugging down, he sighed and rests his cheeks on the face of the table in his own apartment. The other members just look at him with a worried expression.

“Should I leave?” Kris said while his cheeks are still on the table. Xiumin being one of the oldest goes up to Kris and pat Kris shoulder “Don’t be like this, Kris. You promised yourself you wouldn’t do this again.”

“I’m not even drunk.” Kris said and sat up straight.

“Why? Why does this happen to me? I just wanted to live a normal and happy life but this happens!” Kris said in a drunk way.

Kris’s eyes became heavy and he look one by one at s, “Don’t stop me from drinking.” He points his index fingers.

He chug down the alcohol again and rest his cheeks on the table again, “I want to leave. I don’t want Ara and Aiden to get in trouble just because I love them too much.” He chugs down again until the last drop of the alcohol finished.

He wants to drink another bottle but was stop by Suho, “That’s enough. Go and sleep.” Suho snatched away the bottle from Kris but Kris didn’t do anything as he handed Suho the bottle.

Kris cried. He shed tears. The others helped him to stand up and bring him to his room.

He lay down by his side like he doesn’t have any strength to drink anymore. Kris doesn’t feel drunk.

He thought he could continue living with you without his mum or grandma interruption but he was wrong. All he wants is you, is that hard?

---

 

 

 

“Where’s appa?” Aiden look at you, holding your hand to stop you from feeding him his dinner.

“He went out with his friend, remember?” You said.

“Omma…” He called you, you raised your both your eyebrow and wait for his question.

Aiden holds your hand, “Appa leave me?”

You slightly laughed but stop when Aiden looks serious, “Appa didn’t leave you, baby boy. He just went out. He will come back soon.”

“But…” Aiden’s eyes became teary and he rubs his eyes, “Appa cannot go.”

You wiped his tears that fell down and hug him, “Appa will never leave you.”

Your lips formed a smile but your eyes didn’t. Your heart didn’t smile. You don’t feel that you’re really smiling. You’re more like forcing yourself to smile when you noticed even your three year old son is aware of the current situation.

---

 

 

 

The next morning came. Kris didn’t come home. Aiden and you didn’t sleep in the bedroom. You woke up when your phone rings. It was from Hyuna.

“I’m coming to your house right now.” she said.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned, looking at the time on your phone screen, “You’re not going to school?”

“Nope!” She sounded cheerful, “What’s school when my best friend is not coming? I’m coming over to have an ice-cream, cupcake, candies and chocolates party! So wake up and open the door for me.” then, she hang up.

You smiled and carry Aiden to put him on his bed so that he can continue sleeping.

---

 

“She didn’t come to school.” Gayoon said over the phone.

“Stupid girl.” Yumi chuckled, “Update me whatever you know about that stupid mum.” Then, she hangs up.

 

---

 

 

“Hyung, wake up.” Kai went in Kris’s bedroom to wake him up but Kris stay still in his sleeping position.

“It’s already in the afternoon. Hyung, wake up.” Kai tried again.

“Don’t you want to go home to Ara and Aiden?” Kai said.

Kris opened his eyes slightly. He wasn’t sleeping. He couldn’t sleep the whole night even though he was slightly drunk, but his eyes wouldn’t close and his brain wouldn’t stop thinking the bad things.

“Have you ever heard a saying that if you love somebody or something, you have to let it go?” Kris asked.

Kai nod with silence.

“Maybe I should let them go so that they can live their own way?” Kris asked.

Kai stands up suddenly and went to Kris cabinet and draws out a letter.

“You remember this don’t you?” He handed Kris over the piece of folded paper.

Kris sat up and unfold the paper.

Kris look through the paper and look at Kai, “How… how do you know about this?”

Kai bit his lips, “I saw this paper, hyung, when I was cleaning your room a month ago.”

Then, Kris realized there are still a lot of things he wanted to do with Aiden when e grows up.

 

 

The piece of letter contains song lyric that he wrote.

He wanted to compose two songs for you and one of them he wants Aiden to sing it.

The song that he wants Aiden to sing it when he’s older is about you being his mum.

 

 

 

For you, mum.

 

Oh mother, my eyes swells when I think of you.

Watching your calm face when you’re sleeping.

The love that you gave is true and pure.

Even though you felt bitter and sad,

You didn’t gave up or feel bored taking care of me, your son.

From when I was a baby till now.

I couldn’t repay all the things that you’ve did to me.

Only god can bless your live.

Please forgive me for all the mistakes I have done.

Your blessing is all I ever need when I’m alive.

You thought me to love, to read, to speak and to be patience.

You’re like a light that leads me through the dark times in my life.

You’re amazing, mum.

I love you, mum.

                 

                                 -Wu Aiden