Lucky

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 28 – Lucky.

---

 

The message was sent seven in the evening but Kris doesn’t check his phone as he was busy chit-chatting and catching up with his closest friends till he didn’t know you messaged him. But the problem is, is that messaged really sent by you? It can’t be, right?

---

 

Five hours before midnight, you left Hyuna’s house to go back to your own.

“Thanks Hyuna for this makeover.” You thanked her, “This doesn’t match me at all.” You said.

Hyuna chuckled, “Kris better like the makeover I’ve done to his wife. You look cute with pink dress.”

“Thanks, I better get going now. See you on tomorrow.” You said goodbye and make your way down to the nearest bus stop.

When you reached the ground floor, a lady accidently knocked onto you causing you to fall on your side.

“Ow…” You rubbed your knees.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.” She helped you up. You hissed in pain and looked down on the side of your knee, it was bleeding with your skin that was scraped off by the rough floor.

“It’s okay.” You stand up with her help.

“I wanted to make a call but my mobile is out of battery and finding a public phone here is hard.” She explains why she ran fast, causing you to hurt yourself.

“If it’s an emergency, you can use my phone.” You offered. The lady eyes beamed in light and smiled, “Thank you. I really appreciate it.” She takes your phone and went to message.

After sending the message to that someone, she gave your mobile back to you, “Thank you.”

You bow and smiled. “Are you okay there? Your blood doesn’t seem to stop flowing.” She asked looking down on your knee.

“It’s fine. I can just put ointment when I reached home.” You assured.

“Let me buy some medication and plasters for you. Wait for me here.” Then she rushed to the 7-11 which is placed near there.

You sat down on the bench and take a tissue out to wipe out the excess blood, “Well, that really hurts.”

Two minutes later, the lady came back with the medication on her hand, “Here you go, you can put the plaster now and when you go back home, you can put the ointment.” She hands you the plastic.

“Thank you.” You accepted the bag and thanked her.

“I’m sorry if I hurt you.” She apologized, “But I appreciate that you lend me your phone.”

“No worries, I’ll help what I can help with.” You smiled and she stands up.

“I’ll go first and don’t worry, the guy I messaged will not reply back since I asked him not to. My name is Han Yuna. Nice to meet you,” She waits for your name.

“Lee Ara.” You told her.

She smirked and shakes your hand, “Nice to meet you, Lee Ara, till we see each other again.” She bow slightly to you and went off.

Han Yuna lied because her real name is not Yuna. Who do think her real name is?

After she left, you search your phone at the message that she sent few minutes ago but it was gone. ‘Yuna’ deleted it.

“Huh, well of course she deletes it. She wouldn’t want me to see her personal stuff.” You chuckled at yourself and continue your way to the bus stop with your scraped knee.

---

 

Kris pinched his eyebrow and confused with what he saw in the message he just read.

That message seems familiar. He thought.

“Hyung, what’s wrong? You seem in dazed.” D.O nudged Kris whose eyes seem to be bulging out of the socket.

“Nothing.” Was all Kris managed to say. He was worried about your being and quickly asked Tao to off the video player to make Aiden go back home.

“Oh, the television spoiled.” Tao played along, after he press the red button on the remote control.

“AHH!!” Aiden pouted.

“Appa…” Aiden turns to Kris and point towards the ‘spoiled’ television. “Let’s go back home, alright? Your mum is alone and I’m worried for her.” Kris said.

“Omma alone?” Aiden repeated.

“Yeah, remember that omma is a girl and a boy must protect a girl? What if something happens to omma while we are here?” Kris convinced Aiden to go home.

“No, omma cannot be in danger. Appa,” Aiden stands up and hold Kris hand, “Let’s go home.”

Kris smiled proudly at his son and stands up, “Kaja.”

“Guys, sorry I can’t stay. I’m worried about Ara.” Kris apologized.

“It’s okay, hyung. Ara has to be safe. Go back home safely.” Chen assured.

The rest of his friends continued their own business while Kai sees both of them out.

“Bye Kai hyung. When you come to my house, I want to play basketball with you.” Aiden smiled, with his eyes nearly closed.

“Sure, no problem.” Kai answered and look at Kris, “Hyung, if you need my help, don’t hesitate to call me.”

Kris squeeze Kai’s shoulder, “Thanks, bro. you are the only one whom I can rely on. I’ll go first. Don’t sleep late. If the bills are too much for this month, tell the guys that they are the one who will pay for it.” Kris smiled and went off.

Kai from behind look at Aiden holding Kris big hand.

I’m sorry Aiden but I have promised myself that when you turn older, I will have to tell you that I am your real father, not Kris hyung.

---

 

At midnight, you are still worried about Kris and Aiden, “Why are they still not back home?”

You called Kris but he didn’t answer. You try to distract yourself by watching the television while munching on cherry tomatoes but your heart is still not in peace.

Slowly, you peeked through the curtains of the living room to see whether both of them are coming home any time sooner.

After more than five hours waiting, finally you heard the sound of key at the door. You looked at the door hole and saw it is Kris carrying Aiden who is sleeping.

You unlocked the door and swing the door open, “Oppa.”

“Hey babe.” Kris smiled and gives Aiden to you. “I’m sorry I’m late. Aiden wants to play the panda wrestle with Tao.” He whispered.

“Then you should at least answer my call.” You said, rocking Aiden to sleep.

Kris locked the door and then checks his phone, “Wow girl. Thirty two missed call.” Kris chuckled.

“You miss me huh?” He winked.

“Hmph, you so full of yourself.” You bring Aiden up to his bedroom while Kris went to wash his feet and then sat on the living room couch, checking your phone.

He didn’t want to tell you anything about the message as he clearly knows that that message is not from you because that text message seems familiar.

“There’s no message.” Kris said to himself and slouch his shoulders. “It can’t be that Yumi has already found Ara, right?”

He locks your phone and lie down on the sofa, “Oppa.” You called him.

“Have you eaten?” You sat beside the sofa he was laying at.

“Nope.” Kris shakes his head.

“Do you want to eat anything?” You asked innocently.

“Will you cook for me?” Kris sat back up, “Sure, if you want me to.” You smiled.

“Of course I want my wife’s cooking. Hmm, I want spicy squid fried rice, how’s that sound?” Kris asked.

“Sure, we have a lot of chili paste, squids and rice in the kitchen. You rest here, I’ll cook for you.” You stand up and went to the kitchen.

Kris noticed the plaster on the side of your knee and was curious on what happened.

“Honey, what happened to your knee?” He followed you to the kitchen.

“Oh this?” You point to the plastered knee. “I fell down.”

“How did you feel down?” Kris kept asking questions as if he was interrogating you.

“A lady accidently pushed me because she said she wants to find a public phone and call her friend but it was hard to find one nowadays.” You explained.

“Why wouldn’t she use her phone?” Kris continued.

“Her battery was out so she borrowed my phone.” You explained.

Kris grew suspicious and continues again, “Oh. Did she tell you her name?”

You pouted slightly and look at Kris, “Why oppa? Why do you look so serious?”

Kris faked a smile and pretends to waved it off, “It’s okay. I was just worried about your safety.” He smiled and sat down the chair.

“I’m okay, really. I know how to take care of myself.” You assured him and went to the refrigerator to take the squids out.

“Yeah, I’m too overreacting aren’t I?” Kris scratches the back of his neck.

You smiled at his silly action and went behind him to give him a back hug while he is sitting.

“And I like it.” You smiled and put your head on his broad shoulders.

Kris takes the chance to kiss your chubby cheeks.

“I’m lucky to have you as my husband. I really like what god has given me in my life.” You said, still hugging him.

He listens, “Like you always say, we may only be classmates when we first met but now we are more than that and I am happier when I met you. God has answered my prayer even though it was a bit too early for my age. But I’m…” You stopped.

Kris looked at you, waiting for your next sentence, “I’m lucky to have you.” You smiled.

“Me too.” Kris said, smiling and grinning at the same time.

---

 

After the late dinner, Kris went to shower and clean himself after a long day outside. You kept turning on your sides while trying to close your eyes to sleep but you can’t.

“Why can’t I sleep?” You pouted and went to make hot milk for yourself. Minutes later, you drank it in your room and try to go to sleep again, this time Kris was drying his hair up.

“Can’t sleep?” Kris said.

“Oppa, I’m tired and sleepy but I can’t sleep.” You complained at him. He chuckled at your action and turn off the hair dryer, “You know why?”

You shrugged your shoulder. “It is because I am still not in bed. If I am already in bed, you are already snoring at my face babe.” He ‘explained’.

You rolled your eyes at him and lie down on your right side. Kris turns off the light and went to lay down beside you.

He grabbed your slim waist and pulled it near him, turning your direction so that you would face him.

“Now, do you feel like going to sleep?” Kris said, putting his hands over your shoulder. You blushed and looked into his eyes, “Well, maybe you’re right.”

“I’ve told you.” He winked.

“Goodnight, honey. I love you. Sleep tight and tomorrow I will wake you up for school.” Kris said.

At the word of school, you pouted, “School. I hate school.”

“You can do nothing about it.” He advised.

“You know what?” He said. You open back your eyes and look into his, “I can’t believe you are such a hot young lady even after you have a son.”

You giggled and punched his chest softly, “What even, Kris? I didn’t expect you to say that after a long time.”

Kris smiled, showing his clear white teeth, “I’m serious, babe. You are quite hot for a mum.” He winked.

“Well, thank you.” You thanked him with your now rosy blushed cheek.

“And I’m lucky to have you too.” He repeated what you said to him when you were cooking him dinner.

“Let’s sleep now. Love you.” Kris takes the chance to kiss you on your forehead and hugged you closer to him, making you feel warm with his presence.

---

 

Ehem *coughs* Another chapter up xD

Hello there *waves*

And I'm from SINGAPORE SINGAPORE :)

Thanks for all the comment for the previous chapters.

I hope you guys will continue commenting my story and thumbs it up if it is to your liking.

Subscribe to if you want more of it.

Time to go now, since it's midnight in Singapore :)

I appreciate all the comments, subscribers and votes.

Love ya <3