Scared

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 44 – Scared.

---

 

Appa.”

Silent filled the whole ward. You slowly looked up to Kai who looks lost at the moment. His eyes direction didn’t change since then. He stares at Aiden who stares back at him. You witnessed the whole scene and it was too heart breaking for you.

You grabbed your jacket and left the ward quickly with Hyuna followed behind you afterwards.

Why did Aiden suddenly woke up when Kai touches his hand?

Why Kai?

That question struck you. You chuckled at yourself and sighed, “Well of course. He is Aiden’s dad after all.”

“You okay?” Hyuna grabbed your shoulder and walk by your side. You turned your head to Hyuna and ask, “You heard what Aiden said just now right?”

Hyuna looked down and nod, “Appa.” She paused, “That kid said ‘appa’ right?”

“What is going on? Aiden didn’t even know about this. Hyuna-ya, what if he knows that Kris is not his dad?”You start to worries.

“If no one tells him, he will not know.” Hyuna tried to comfort you.

“But one day Aiden will know too doesn’t he?” You asked and exit the hospital to get some fresh air.

“If that day comes, we will just think of an answer, alright? For now, maybe Aiden misses Kris and that’s why he called ‘appa’.”

---

 

 

“Aiden, what did you say?” Kai asked Aiden once again.

“Appa, where’s appa?” Aiden answered slowly and scrunched his nose.

Kai smiled painfully, “Appa is…” He looked over to Kris who is snoring, “Appa is sleeping.”

Aiden coughed and tried to sit up with the help of Kai, ”Omma?”

“Ohh omma?” Kai tried to find an answer to answer the question, “She went to the toilet. She will comeback after awhile okay? You want to drink?” Kai asked. Aiden shook his head, “I want appa.”

Kai’s shoulder dropped and nod, “I’ll wake him up.”

Tsk of course he’s not calling me. What am I even thinking?’ Kai mumbled mentally and went over to Kris who looks peacefully sleeping.

“Hyung.” Kai shake him, “Hyung.”

Kris stirs in his sitting sleeping position but ignored Kai, “Ahh hyung, wake up. Aiden’s calling for you.”

“Aiden?!” Kris heard the word Aiden and immediately stand up, “Why Aiden?” he walked quickly to his son’s bed, “You’re awake.” Kris smiled and caressed Aiden’s forehead.

“Appa.” Aiden said again and smiled, taking Kris hand and he fell asleep again, “What happened?” Kris asked Kai who is seated, “He just wakes up suddenly.” Kai didn’t tell the true story.

“Ara?” He asked about you. Kai answered, “Ah… she went to the toilet. Hyung, I’ll go back home first.” Kai said and left the ward.

His mind is in a mess. Why would he even feel shocked when he heard the word ‘dad’ coming out from Aiden’s mouth? It’s not like Aiden knows that Kai is his real dad. What the kid knows is that, Kris, is his dad, not Kai.

Kai’s stepped became faster and eventually he left the hospital in seconds.

---

 

 

“Wu Aiden is stable right now. It seems like he can still remember what happened the day of his accident. If he doesn’t have any flu symptoms by tomorrow morning, you can bring him back home.” The doctor checked on Aiden and smiled, “But he will not be able to go anywhere for the next three weeks. Try to stay at home and accompany Aiden for these three weeks because it takes time for little kids to recover.”

Kris squeezed your shoulder and nod, “Thanks, doctor.” You thanked the doctor too and looked at Kris, “Oppa…” your eyes became teary in seconds, “Why?” Kris pouted.

“Nothing.” You didn’t say anything and went over to Aiden who is deeply asleep, “Thanks sweetheart for waking up. You’ll be able to go back home tomorrow okay? Don’t worry and get enough rest. I love you.” You hold Aiden’s small hand and kiss his forehead.

But still, you can’t forget what happened earlier also you don’t know whether Aiden is calling Kai ‘appa’ or Kris ‘appa’.

---

 

 

The sun shone brightly through Aiden’s ward. He doesn’t have any flu symptoms and also his allowed to go back home. You quickly help Aiden to dress up and pack his things.

“Oppa…” You called Kris. Kris raised his eyebrow, “Yes?”

“Umm…” You paused, “Did the police call you about the house?”

Right at the time, Kris phone vibrate and it was from the police. He showed you his phone winked at you before he went outside to answer the call.

 

 

“Oh.” is the only word Kris can answer to the police over the phone.

They have admitted that they are the one who created the mess on your house front. The consequences that they will get are jailed for two years and 5,000,000 won to pay each.” The police said.

“Jailed for two years?” Kris gets worried, “Yes.” The police answered.

“Can they don’t go to jail?” He asked.

Umm… if someone is able to bail them out, they won’t be in jail.”

How much?”

5,000,000 won per person.”

Kris gulped and sighed, “I’ll bail them out. I’ll be there in an hour.”

“Damnit! I still got a lot of money in my bank. Should I or should I not?” Kris didn’t know what to do.

“But I can’t let them stay in jail for two years. They’re still my friends.” Kris ruffled his own hair and enters the ward.

“You’re ready?” He asked you. You grinned, “Always ready. Let’s go, Aiden.”

Aiden sat on a wheelchair since he still could not walk properly, but it will recover soon.

---

 

 

 

An hour later arrived, Kris enters the police station with the bailed out money ready. He was disappointed. It is really Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun, his friends. How could they do that to his house?

“Mr. Wu.” The police officer waved at Kris and he walked over to them.

“Are you sure you want to bail them out?” The officer asked. Kris looked at both of them who was looking down the floor and nod, “Yes, sir. I would like to bail them out.”

“Fill in the form and you can take them with you afterwards.” Kris proceeds with the form and went out of the station eventually.

“Why did you guys do this to me?” Kris stopped in front of them, crossing his arms.

“Answer me, please. I have to freaking fork out my savings just to save you guys from getting jailed and you’re still keeping yourself quiet?” Kris asked.

“Hyung.” Baekhyun started, “Yumi…” Kris listened, “Yumi is the one who asked us to do this.”

Kris jaw drops, “Did she threaten you?” Chanyeol looked up and shake his head, “She gave me the chance to school at the university that I want to if I agree to what she said. Hyung, I know I’m a fool but you know I will do anything for music right? I regret it now. Sorry, hyung.”

“You?” Kris turned his head to Baekhyun.

“She’ll give me pocket money every month.” Baekhyun admitted.

Kris chuckled, “So both of you do this because of money and your dreams? What am I to you?”

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol put their heads down and apologized, “We’re sorry, hyung.”

---

 

 

 

Kris came back home straight at midnight. He slowly open the door of your bedroom, finding that you’re already slept, facing Aiden.

He took a seat behind your back and caressed your hair softly, “Ara-ya.” He called your name. You slowly opened your eyes.

“Do you want to know what do I do when I miss you whenever you go to school or when I’m at the hospital?” He said, “I will always look at my ring finger and it makes me smile.”

He laughed, “I’m a fool right?” He sighed, “I love you so much but I can’t protect you like how I want to. I don’t want to see your tears. I don’t want to hear your sigh. I don’t want to see you day dreaming. I don’t want to see you bleed. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you, but I can’t stop it. I don’t know what I should do to Yumi and my mum so that they could stop bothering you.”

Your tears fall.

He continued, “To be honest, you are not even close to my ideal type. But I still want to be with you. I want to hold your hand, lend my shoulder to you whenever you’re tired or sad. I want to watch Aiden grow up. I want to…” He paused and smile while a tear fall down from his right eye, “I want to propose to you and get married to you. Again.”

You bit your inner mouth and tears fall again and again.

“I may stick to you even if you throw me away but still I want you. So, bear with the troubles for awhile, I will settle everything and we will be happy again.”

“Goodnight, gorgeous.”

You quickly closed your eyes back and he kissed your forehead.

---

 

 

It was five in the morning. You woke up an hour earlier as you usually do for school. Kris slept on your sofa since he doesn’t want to wake you up. You get ready for school and looked at Aiden’s face before you left your room.

“Aiden-uh, listen to your dad, alright?” You kissed his forehead and left your room.

“Oh Ara-ya, you’re early today.” Your mum said as she cook for breakfast.

“Omma…” You went behind her and give her a back hug, “I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?” She stuttered. “I’m sorry for disappointing you and dad. I’ll go for school first.” You let go of the hug but she called you back, “At least have a bite or something.”

“It’s okay. I’m not hungry.” You smiled and left the house.

---

 

 

 

You didn’t go to school. Instead, you went to the apartment that someone splashed paint on your door and smash the pots of plant. Heaving a sigh, you slowly went up the staircase but stopped and hide yourself at the corner when two people were standing in front of your house.

The taller man cleaned up the soil on the floor while the shorter one cleaned the door with some kind of liquid. “Since Kris hyung has bail us out, this is the only thing we can do for him.”The taller guy spoke.”

“We shouldn’t have do this at the first place.”The shorter man replied.

Watching the both of them from afar, they seemed familiar to you, “Are they oppa’s friends?”

You continue to listen, Ï know it’s not much that Yumi threatened us to do this…” The taller one said. You gasped and closed your mouth to avoid making noise.

With the speed of lightning, you ran down the stairs and went to the taxi stand. You didn’t know where to go. You want to meet Yumi but the problem is you don’t know where she is.

“Yumi.”You say her name. The surrounding became frozen, your breathing became heavy, “Why did I heard her name?”

“Annyeong.”A voice sounded. Your ears pricked up, turning your head to your right and clenched your fist.

“What are you doing here?” She looked at you from top to bottom, “You’re in school uniform but why are you here?” She took a seat beside you.

You chuckled and smirked, “Then what are you even doing in the neighborhood? People who came from overseas don’t even know this place exists.”

“Well…”She paused and look at you, “I have some business to do but I failed.” She laughed.

“You always fail in doing something don’t you?” You smirked and turn to face her.

“Do you know who you are talking to now?” She said. You nod, “My husband ex-girlfriend.”

The corner of her lips curled up into a sarcastic smirked, “Do you know who is the fool, moron, useless, busybody and a snatcher?”

“Yourself.” You answered and wanted to left but she continued.

“You’re right. I am a fool to be Yifan’s girlfriend five years back. I am a moron to let Yifan leave me. I’m useless because I can’t get Yifan come back to me. I am a busybody because I disturbed his marriage. I am a snatcher because I want Yifan back.”

You gulped, “What do you want me to do for you to stop all these things?”

She laughed and stands up, “I just want one thing.”

“What is it?” You waited for her answer.

“Give me back Kris, Wu YiFan.”

---

 

 

As Kris woke up to feed Aiden his lunch, Aiden sat on the sofa with his neck brace on. Kris continue to feed the boy slowly and wipe off the excess food that drop off his mouth.

Without him knowing, Aiden tears fell down.

“Ohh?” Kris was surprised, “Why are you crying?” Kris quickly wiped Aiden’s tear with his thumb.

“Appa…” Aiden sobbed and Kris waited for him to continue, “I’m scared.” Aiden swallow on his food and hug Kris tightly.

He’s scared. Aiden’s scared.

But about what?