A test

Young daddy, Kris

 

 

Kris got dressed up but you didn’t. You were shocked that you didn’t even budge anywhere from the spot.

“Ara, style your hair properly. You’re all messed up.” Kris dries his hair with towel.

“Kris, I know I will be in trouble.” You looked up to Kris.

“It’s my entire fault. I should have stopped you when Xiumin forced you to drink.” Kris went to you and hugged your shoulder.

“It’s not your fault. It’s mine.” A dropped of your tears falls down.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be helping you. Now, go and tie your hair up neatly.” He helped you stands up and you went into the room.

---

 

At your house, your mum and dad kept pacing to and fro waiting for you to comeback.

“How is this, yeobo? It’s ten and she is not back yet.” Your mum gets worried.

“She needs a great scolding from me.” Your dad fumes up.

“Don’t scold her yet. We must ask her about what happens.” You mum said while pacing up and down.

“She’s too much. She has never sleepover at any of her friends before this.” He continued.

“I think I saw her and a guy. Come, yeobo.” Your mum walked to the door and quickly walked out.

“What do you think you’re doing Lee Ara?” Your mum shouted angrily.

“Omma…” You got scared, not knowing what to do.

“And is this guy over here?” Your dad appears.

“Don’t tell me you slept over his house.”

You were bombed with questions, furious questions.

“Ahjussi, ahjumma, I can explain.” Kris stepped up.

“Yesterday was my birthday, I invite her and it got late that she sleeps over…” He wanted to continue but got slapped from your father.

“You should have be more responsible and bring her back home and not let her stay there.” Your dad shouted.

“Appa! I drank and got drunk and didn’t know I slept over. It’s not his fault. It’s mine! Don’t blame him!” You shouted back, crying.

“I’m disappointed in your girl, I never teach you to drink unless you’re eighteen and above!” He shouted back and dragged your mum back in, not allowing you to come in.

You run towards the door sobbing loudly, “Omma, appa! I’m sorry! I will not do it again!” You knocked on the door while kneeling down the floor.

 

“Yeobo, you can’t do this to her. She’s just a young girl.” Your mum tears up.

“I’m not going to let her in. I had enough.” He says and walked furiously back to his room.

“Don’t you dare let her in.” He warned your mum.

“OMMA!!!!” Your cried out loud.

“Get up, Ara. Let’s comeback when they’re not angry anymore.” Kris help you to stand up but your legs turn wobbly and eventually you fall down.

“This is not going to work. Come on.” He piggy back you and you lean in on his back of his neck, crying.

---

 

He brings you to the nearest park and sat you down on a bench.

He went to a convenience store to get you a drink.

“Drink up, I bet you must be tired with all those tears.” He appears in front of you with a drink.

“Thanks Kris.” You take the drink and drink up.

“I’m sorry for all the trouble.” You looked at him.

“I didn’t help anything. I’ll accompany you later, alright?” He said, you shake your head.

“It’s okay, I don’t have anything to do and your dad is right, I have to be a responsible guy so I will help you.” He said but you didn’t pay attention whereas, you cried again.

“Don’t cry, little baby.” He wiped your tears and hugged you.

“Gege is here to help you.” He said and you cry again and again and again without stopping.

 

---

 

 

Three hours later, you went back home together with Kris and eventually your dad opened up the door.

“Come in and explain every single thing you have to.” He said.

Your mum brings you a hot tea and you drink it up.

“I’m sorry omma, appa.” You apologized.

“Tell me what happened last night.” Your dad asked.

“I went to Kris birthday party and I drank and got drunk.” You say straightforwardly.

“Did anything happened when you got drunk, Ara?” He questioned you.

You looked down, not knowing what to answer.

“I don’t remember appa.” You looked down.

“I just hope nothing will happen, if you know what I mean.” He stands up and looked at you.

“Ara, as much as your dad, I’m disappointed at you.” Your mum says and stands up too.

You sighed and looked at Kris.

“You can go back now, Kris. I’ll be fine.” You said.

“Phone.” He asked you.

“What phone?” You looked at him.

“Your phone.”

You gave him.

“I’ve called my phone number for you. Anything happens, you can just call me.” Kris says and stands up.

“Everything will be fine.” He tapped your shoulder and leave.

 

 

Eight weeks later…

 

“I can’t imagine how weight you have gain, Ara!” Your partner pointed it out.

“It’s weird though. I didn’t eat a lot these past few weeks.” You look down your stomach.

“Well, whatever it is, don’t forget about this maths homework. Mr. Kang wouldn’t like you to miss his homework.” Bora packs up her bag even before class was dismissed.

“Oh yeah, would you like to come and study with us after this?” She asked.

“No, its okay. I have something else to do. Maybe next time.” You smiled off.

“By the way, are you having any relationships going on with Kris? He keeps looking at you.” Bora looked at Kris’s way.

“I don’t know.” You smiled and class was dismissed.

“See you tomorrow, girl. Better don’t eat too much at night.” Bora giggled and walks off.

 

“I don’t find gaining weight is funny.” Kris stood up for you

“It’s okay, I did gain weight.” You answered.

Kris kept quiet and keep look at you, more like throwing daggers at you.

“Don’t worry, she’s lovely.” You waved your hands in front of you, giggling it off, obviously you were lying.

He continue staring at you as if he knows your heart. “Okayyyy, she’s not even close to lovely.” You rolled your eyes and walk off.

Kris smiled and as both of you walks out the class, Kris received many gifts from his 'fan's but throw it in the rubbish bin after being away from those girls. It happened always and seeing him doing that, doesn't make you shock anymore.

“So, are you in for today’s ‘study-together’ in my house?” Kris asked you.

“I had enough of studying, let’s go eat.” You dragged him and he followed.

---

 

“Umm, I think that’s too much for a girl who gained weight.” Kris said, looking at your plate full of dishes.

“I think I know now where these fats are coming from.” You smiled and start eating.

Suddenly, a gush of weird feelings came and you closed your mouth with your hand, not wanting to vomit foods out.

“Ya, what happen?” Kris leaned forward.

“I have been having this weird feeling of vomiting. It’s annoying.” You said, resting your head with your palm.

 

---

“ARE YOU SERIOUS, KRIS? I DON’T EVEN WANT TO TOUCH IT!” You throw the stuff on the floor.

“Ara, it’s better to find out. Better be safe than sorry.” Kris pick it back up.

“Come on, I’m just worried, alright.” Kris gave you the stuff and pushed you inside the toilet.

The pregnancy test.