Thank you, I'm sorry

Young daddy, Kris

 

“So?” Kris quickly asked you for the result.

You showed him the test kit.

He gasped.

“Follow me, girl.” He dragged you down and flags a taxi.

Ten minutes later…

“Genealogist, Kris? What are you even thinking? I am not going to come in with you.” You protest.

“Better be safe than sorry, Ara. You won’t know what’s happening until you meet the professional.” Kris objects.

“But, I’m too young to even step in.” You became sad.

“Trust me, please. If anything happened to you, I promise to take responsibility.” He calms you down and finally pleaded you to go in.

 

After meeting the genealogist, you waited for the result with Kris.

“Kris, they’re looking at me weirdly.” You looked at the middle aged pregnant woman.

“Don’t worry, they’re just busybody.” He said.

“Miss Lee Ara, you can go in now.” The nurse announced.

You went in anxiously with kris besides you and enter the room.

“Ara-sshi. Please take a seat.” The doctor said.

“You’re still young. I bet you know what the answer I will be giving you right?” The doctor raised her right eyebrow.


“You’re eight weeks pregnant now.” She said, “I don’t know if I should congratulate you or what but I hope whatever happens, you will take good care of the baby.” She advised.

BOOM! You out.

 

---

Visions were blurry, your head was giddy. Even if you’re a scary nightmare, you wouldn’t want to wake up and face the reality.

You’re pregnant. That’s the end of you. Your parents are so going to chopped your head off.

“Ara.” Kris shook you.

“Are you alright?” You slowly opened your eyes.

“You fainted just now.” He gave you a glass of plain water and you drink it up.

“Was I’m dreaming when I heard I’m eight weeks pregnant?” You asked him with your eyes not fully opened yet.

“No, and that is why you fainted.” He answered.

“Kris! What am I going to do now? I don’t even know I did that thing!” You cried out loud.

“If I remember clearly, I wasn’t the one.” Kris said.

“But, don’t worry. I’ll take care of it and say it to your parents.” Kris holds your hand.

“I don’t want. They will chop my head off and not let me in the house.” You cried even more.

“Trust me, Ara.” He hugged you, to sooth you down.

---

 

 

Three more step and you will finally reach the front of your house.

“Kris.” You hold his arm.

He looked down on you, “Trust me.”

He daringly knocked on the door and your father opens it.

“You again?” Your father said.

“I have something to tell you and ahjumma.” He said.

“Come in, then.” He opened the door and both of you came in.

Your mother came in with warm tea and some refreshments.

“So, what happened?” Your mother asked, “Ara, why is your eyes red?”

“Ahjumma, ahjusshi, I hope you will not get angry at Ara because all of this is my fault.” Kris said.

You looked at him, sobbing.

“I get her pregnant.” Kris ‘admit’.

CLANK went the tea mug.

“WHAT?!” Your dad stands up.

“Appa, I’m sorry.” You sobbed even harder.

“You! I don’t even teach you to be like this!” He slapped you.

On the other hand, your mum just sits, in shock not knowing what to do.

“Omma, mianhae.” You went to your mum and kneeled down, hugging her knees.

She didn’t budge. At that rate she’s going, her jaw will soon be on the floor.

“Get out of my house, I don’t want to see your faces anymore. Such a disgracement!” Your dad shooed Kris and you out, by dragging you.

“No more coming back here.” Your dad went outraged, not being able to control himself.

He slammed on the door and you cried loudly after being dragged.

“OMMA APPA!” You knocked continuously.

“Get up, Ara.” Kris carried you up.

 

---

 

 

Few hours later, you are all tired to even talk and cry anymore.

“Relief now?” Kris asked.

“No.” You shook your head.

“Kris, why do you say you get me pregnant? I thought you’re not the one.” You asked him, looking at him with your red swollen eyes.

“I told you to trust me. I will be responsible about it, don’t worry.” He wiped your tears.

“I’m sorry, Kris. I’m such a bad friend. Since you came in, I’ve always created trouble.” You sighed.

“You cannot change whatever god has challenged us.” Kris smiled.

“Thanks for supporting me, Kris.” You smiled.

“Anything for you.” Kris put your head on his shoulder and soon, you fall asleep.

---

 

“Yeobo, you can’t let her out there. She’s pregnant.” Your mum defenses you.

“My daughter is only 15 not 25. She’s still schooling and not even married yet. How dare she disgrace the good family name?” Your dad sighed.

“We should sit down and let her think. Remember when her twin sister is born but passed away ten minutes after?” Your mother reminded your dad of your twin.

“We even swore that we should not abort babies in our family, even though the baby is not perfectly developed? Ara is our daughter, yeobo. We can’t let her abort the baby.” Your mum tears up.

“Alright, we will let her decide.” He sighed, hugging your mum.

---

 

 

“So?” Your dad asked, after letting you in.

Kris left because you asked him to do so.

“I don’t know, appa.” You looked down, not dare to look at his eyes.

“You know Ara, we will never know what will happen in the future.” Your mum held your hand.

“Your dad and I swore that we will never allow abortion to take place in our family and you’re part of it. So, we think you shouldn’t abort the baby. It’s innocent.” Your mum advised.

Your tear rolled down and cried.

“I’m sorry if I disappoint omma and appa.” You apologized.

“I’m disappointed, Ara. But will you do as we say?” Your dad asked.

You nodded.

“I want you to get married with that guy and drop out of school until you’re given birth. But still, you have to take your exam. I don’t want because of this, you quit your school. This is just temporary.” Your dad advised.

You cried again, “Thanks appa, omma for being understanding. I’m sorry.” You hugged both of your parents.

“Oh baby girl, I just hope this will be the last time before you really married.” Your mum caressed your head.

Tears drop, again and again.

This all happens in a split second just because of a drink and birthday party.

But lucky for you, Kris was there to help you to climb over the high bridge in life.

 

---

 

 

The principal agreed on suspending you for nine months but still allowing you to take exams. Your dad explained the situation and luckily, you’re suspended and not expelled.

Every day without fail, Kris will study hard and take down notes for you. He even decorated the notes with flowers, decal and even dragons.

Kris also agreed on marrying you when you’re three months pregnant.

Since three months doesn’t really show your tummy yet.

Such a great friend he is.

Many of your classmates also questioned Kris about your being.

Why do you get suspended for nine months? What happened to you? All sorts kind of questions were asked but Kris kept quiet.

Class dismissed is always the best word came from a teacher mouth.

Kris finds it boring without having you in class. He will quickly pack his bag and left the class, without talking to anyone.

Then, he will take the bus 11 to your house to teach you on some things so that you will not missed out on things.

 

---

 

 

“Hi Kris, you’re early today.” Your mum welcomed him and let him in.

“Ara is in her room, you can go upstairs.” She smiled and he smiled back.

He knocked on your bedroom and turns the handle.

“Ara~” He called you out.

“Kris.” You closed your history book and sit up straight.

“These are the notes.” He gave it to you and you smiled.

“Little dragon again?” You point to the doodling.

“Now, his name is JingJing.” He said.

You giggled, “So far your dragons name are Garoo, Yuma, YingYing and now JingJing?”

“Yeahh.” He eye smiled.

“I didn’t know you have a cute side with this face.” You said.

“Kris.” You hold his hands.

He looked at you.

“Are you sure, you’re agreeing on marrying me? I’m okay if you don’t. I don’t even know who the father is.” You asked.

“I told you that I will be responsible for you and for the baby. I don’t care about the father as long as I’m here, I will be the father, alright?” He wiped your tears.

“I’m sorry.” You cried.

“You always say sorry.” He sighed.

“I’m in fault, I should be saying sorry.” You pouted.

“Don’t worry. Our wedding will be held next month. Don’t get stressed about it and go on with life, alright?” Kris gave you strength.

“Thanks Kris.” You hugged him, tight.

---

 

Outside your room, your mum hears all the conversations with you and Kris and she shed a tear.

‘Thank you god for letting Ara meets Kris.’

---