Last goodbye

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 49 –Last Goodbye.

---

 

It is a school morning, but instead of you going to school, you go to the Court to settle the sudden divorce. You left Aiden at the childcare center and you straight make your way to the court. Kris and the other two women have already arrived, waiting for your presence.

With a heavy heart, you walk slowly and eventually stand in front of your mother-in-law, soon to be a stranger to you.

“I told you to come at 8, its 8.10 right now.” The elder woman crossed her arm in annoyed.

“I’m sorry.” You apologized without looking at anyone.

“Look here.” She pulled up your chin so rough that Kris wanted to stop her but can’t, “I don’t want to see your face or your son’s face after this settles. I don’t care wherever you want to go to for holidays or vacation, I swear by god if you go to Canada…” She warned.

Your jaw drops and you just nod, “Don’t worry. I won’t go to places like that.” You faces up with confidence and let out a deep breath, “Can we go now?”

---

 

 

Five hours after the divorce mediation ended, you walked down the stairs from the court down with a shattered heart.

All of a sudden, it happens. It’s like in a blink of an eye, you’re back to a single mother. Closing your eyes, trying not to cry, you let out a deep breath.

And since Aiden is confirmed in the document that he is not Kris’s son, Kris can’t take Aiden but to leave it to you to take care of Aiden until he grows up.

“Since both of you has nothing to do with each other anymore, Ara,” The elder woman called your name. You looked up looking so expressionless waiting for her to continue, “give that wedding ring back.”

“Mum.” Kris objected.

“Shut up, Kris. You have nothing to do with her anymore. I don’t want any of your things to be with this girl anymore.”

Hearing that, you bring up your left arm nearer to you. Taking all of your right fingers together on your left ring finger, you hesitate for a while but then on the second thought, Kris’s mum was right. There’s nothing left for both you and Kris anymore.

You gave up and take out your three years old wedding ring with a heavy heart and hands it to Kris, who was standing so close in front of you, without looking at his face.

Kris wanted to ignore you but his mum pushed him and eventually he was forced to do so as both of you are already divorced. The moment Kris takes his hands to yours and his skin touches yours, you quickly back away and stands away from him with a broken shattered heart.

With your eyes that are bloody red and teary, you bow 90 degrees to all three of them, “I’m sorry if I have cause too many troubles for your family which I did, but thank you for accepting me as part of your family for the past three years. I won’t bother any of you anymore. Goodbye.” You stand up straight and as you stands up, tears rolls non-stop from both of your eyes.

Without looking at Kris for the last time, you bit your lips and walked away as fast as you could. “Honey.” Kris called you softly as his tears dropped too.

“Don’t forget about your promise to go back to Canada. There’s nothing for you to stay here anymore.” His mum grabbed his arm but he pulls away, “If you at least have a heart, please allow me to see Aiden for the last time.”

Feeling guilty for his son, she nod and sighed, “Make sure to go to the airport by three. Don’t break you promise, Kris.”

Without any words, Kris rushed to the nearest taxi stand and flag down a taxi to Aiden childcare center as he exactly has thirty minutes left.

---

 

 

Sitting there like a well-behaved children like, Aiden wait for you to come to pick him up. Instead of you who came to him, Kris came. Quickly when Kris alight at the place, he ran to his son.

“Oh?!” Aiden saw Kris, “APPA!” He waved and shouted in happiness since it has been days since they both met and now it’s their last meeting.

The moment Kris saw Aiden’s happy face, his heart starts to shatter. Kris smiled weakly and walk forward to Aiden, kneeling down in front of him, “Aiden-uh.” He called.

Aiden tilted his head and pouted, “Why appa?”

Kris caressed Aiden’s hair and hug him, “Can you don’t forget me?” He said with a sad heart.

Aiden frown and his eyebrow were pinched together, “Appa,” Aiden grabbed Kris cheek and says, “Aiden never forget appa.”

“Appa, where are you going?” He asked with a pout, sad face. Knowing that Kris will say something that may make him cry, Aiden’s eye became teary and eventually he cried out loud. Kris took the chance to hug him again and caressed his back, “Real boys don’t cry, Aiden-uh.” Kris brings Aiden to face him back.

“Appa, can’t be with you and mum already. I have to go somewhere far away.” He says as he wiped Aiden’s tears.

“Promise me that you will take care of mum now until you grow up, will you?” Kris points out his pinky.

Aiden wiped his tears and stopped crying, “Appa.” He sobbed.

“Aiden-uh.” Kris smiled weakly again after Aiden nod his head like a big strong boy, “Appa.” Kris started.

“Appa love Aiden.” Kris forms a heart shaped with his index finger and thumb, bringing them together. Aiden smiles brightly and widely, he follows his dad’s steps, “Aiden love appa.”

Kris cried slowly but surely he was satisfied that he could see Aiden for the last time now, “If you got married one day, make sure to call me.” Kris said. Aiden pouted and tilted his head again, “Appa, Aiden don’t have appa number.” Slouching his shoulder.

Kris takes out a sketchbook in Aiden’s bag and a pencil too, to write something, “Appa name is…”

Kris writes his name and shows it to Aiden, “Wu Yi Fan, Kris.”

“Keep it away from anyone, alright? If omma wants to see this book, take it away from her and make sure she doesn’t know about appa’s name, alright?” He asked Aiden for a favor.

“Okay appa. Aiden never let omma see it!” He shushed himself and put the sketch book inside his bag back.

“Listen to omma, alright?” Kris formed an ‘okay’ sign with his fingers and the little boy nodded with a smile.

“I have to go now, Aiden-uh.” Kris gives Aiden’s forehead a long kiss and says his last word, “Thank you for allowing me to experience the life of a young dad.” Kris kissed Aiden’s chubby cheeks and stands up.

“Aiden-uh, bye bye.” Kris starts to walk away with a heavy heart and left the place, while waving goodbye to Little Aiden who isn’t aware of any problems.

“BYE APPA!” Aiden waved at Kris while jumping up and down.

Who knows this will be the last time Kris will see everyone he treasures and loves especially you and Aiden?

---

 

 

 

“It’s thirty dollars for all this.” The cashier women pack all the groceries that you bought. You give her an exact amount and take all the grocery bags.

“Thank you.” You smiled and wanted to exit the supermarket but the cashier lady stopped you.

“Miss.” She calls you. You turned your head, faces her. The lady smiles and asked you, “We are in need of people. If you don’t have anything to do, will you be able to work with us?”

You raised your eyebrow and tilt your head, “I’m still schooling.”

“Ah…” She nod her head and smiles again, “We accept part-timers too.”

“I’ll come again once I’ve made my decision.” You bow to her slightly.

“I hope you can work. You seem to have the potential to work.”

 

 

 

With all your grocery bags in your right hand, you walk down the lane to pick Aiden up. From a far, he sits down and lean his head on the wall behind, closing his eyes.

“Aiden.” You called him when you near him. Aiden slowly opens his eyes and yawn, “Omma.”

“Why do you look so sad? Did you cry?” You swipe your thumb over his swollen eyes. He rubbed his eyes and pouted, “Appa go away. He never come back.”

“Appa?” You repeated what he said and pinch your eyebrow, “He came?” Aiden eyes went teary again but he wiped it with his arm, “But Aiden can’t cry because Aiden is big boy.” He sobbed.

You smiled and stand up, holding his hand, “It’s just a dream. Let’s go home.” You wanted to walk but Aiden stops you, pulling your arm, “But I never dream!” He shouted, “Appa came here. He says he cannot be with me and omma.” He cried.

When he’s with Kris, he didn’t let himself cries but the moment Kris left, Aiden closed his eyes and slowly he cried. He may just be three years old, but he understands everything what Kris said to him.

You put all your grocery bags on your right hand and carries Aiden on your left hand. You tried to console him and ignore what he said previously, “We make pizza when go home, okay? You like pizza don’t you?”

Aiden kept quiet and put his chin on your shoulder.

Kids never tells lie. Maybe it’s true that Kris came over for the last time to see Aiden.

---

 

 

“He’s not answering his phone, neither did Ara answer her phone.”

Kai went back home from school and tries to call you and Kris but none of you answers.

Xiumin sighed, as well as the other members, “Should we just let them be? It’s their problem anyways.”

The main door of the room suddenly went open and a tall person barged in, “Kris went back to Canada.”

Chanyeol gasped for breath and pants trying to catch his breath, “Did you try and call Ara?”

Suho eyebrows were pinched together, “How did you know Kris went back to Canada? Did he meet up with you?”

Chanyeol eyes went big and gulped, “Yumi told me. It’s a long story. Did someone tries to call Ara? Shall we go and meet her?”

 

 

Thirty minutes later, all eleven of them gather outside your house with Kris. While you’re trying to make the dough for Pizza with Aiden, the doorbell rang. Aiden looked up and look at you, pointing his index fingers covered with dough, “Omma, door.”

You washed your hands and quickly rushed to the door, opening it.

Eleven tall guys welcomes you.

“What?” Your jaw dropped and eyes all of the Kris’s friends.

“Why are you guys here?” Your eyes went bug-eyed.

“Can we come inside?” Suho asked. You bit your lips and nod, opening the door for them.

 

The only ones who stayed in the living room, trying to talk to you is Suho, Lay and Kai while the other eight guys went to the kitchen and plays with Aiden.

“So, did something happen? Kris went back to Canada, didn’t he?” Suho asked. You pouted your lips and looked at him, “I don’t know.”


“Did something happen to you today?” Suho asked again.

“Divorce?” You smiled, “We divorced this morning.”

“What?” Kai was shocked.

“Finally, don’t we?” You faked your smile, “I’ve been waiting for us to get divorce though.” You lied.

Everything that you said is lies. You don’t want Kris’s friends to know your true feeling and how you really feel.

“So that’s why he went back Canada?” Lay asked. “Maybe?” You shrugged your shoulder.

To break the tension between you and the other three, Aiden came running to you with a plate on his hand, “Omma, chicken pizza.” And show you his own made pizza.

 

Kai became silent. Everything that Kai advised Kris not to leave you went down the drain.