Dad is gone.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 52- Dad is gone.

---

 

“OMMA!” You heard Aiden’s shouting your name from afar. Your ears perked up and immediately turned around to get to your son.

“AIDEN!” You ran back to the childcare center to find Aiden but he was nowhere to be found. The blood in your body rushed through your face, making it look red. Then, a sudden vibration was felt from your pocket. It was a call from an unknown number.

If you want your son back, give him back to me.” Then the caller hung up.

 

“AIDEN!”

 

You shot straight right up from your bed, sitting down. Your forehead was sweating, your eyes were shot wide open and everything was black right in front of you. Luckily it was just a nightmare but heck yes it does feel real. Ignoring the fact that the time is three in the morning, you rush out of your room and went to Aiden’s room which is right across.

He was sitting down, crying and sobbing at the same time as you could hear his little voice. You the switch light, “Why are you not asleep?” You take a tissue nearby and wipe his, too, sweaty forehead.

“A monster come and take appa.” Aiden explain his dream to you and rub his eyes with his arm, “Omma, appa is scared.”

You take his hand and hold it in between your hand, consoling him that it is just a dream, “That monster must be so scary huh?” You wiped his face and he still sobbed.

“Is that why appa is not with Aiden?” He looked at you and all you can do for him is kept silent, not knowing what to answer to the little child.

And you know that if a child dreams about ‘monsters’ the monster represents someone in the wake life of the child that he considers the person as scary.

---

 

 

“You may go.” Kai’s class teacher dismissed her class but hold Kai back. Kai quickly pack his bag and left the class as he has something planned in mind. He left the school immediately and went to a familiar place. The grocery shop you worked in.

 

It was three in the afternoon and that is when you knock off work and go to pick little Aiden up. He waited outside for a few minutes waiting for your arrival.

“See you tomorrow.” You waved to your older colleague and left your work with a satisfied smile since you’ve got your pay.

“Hi.” Kai saw you and take a step forward to you. Of course, you was shocked by his presence but you don’t want to stop being happy just because of him. You forced yourself to smile and walk away but he followed you. “Can I talk something with you?”

Turning your head to face him, you nod your head for him to continue talking.

“I want to take care of Aiden. I know you won’t let me be close to you but will you allow me to take care of Aiden? He needs a dad to take care of him.” He said straight forwardly.

You were stunned by what he said and you know it’s the truth, you turned away avoiding any eye contact with him, “Are you his dad?” You said.

He nods and admit like a man, “Yes I am.”

“And you are going to say that to him after all these years, suddenly?” You asked with your pinched eyebrow. The moment you said that, your tears were build up but you remain calm.

“Can you open your heart to me? I know it’s hard but I’m willing to help you.” Kai hold your hand. You snatched away your hand back and shake your head, “I am never going to open my heart to anyone not even Kris, if he even came back in the future.”

Then, you stormed off. And you thought that day was going to be your happiest day but it turned out wrong.

---

 

 

Cooking a meal for you and your son is never a big deal. You always fed Aiden scrambled eggs and some veggies which turned out Aiden finished all of it every time he ate it. But this time you wanted to change his diet.

You chopped some onions and garlic and mix it together with some minced chicken to make a chicken patty to eat with some rolls.

Aiden, being the good boy he is, he sits on the kitchen seat, coloring the animals on a piece of paper that was given by the teachers in school.

While trying to fry the patties, Aiden asked you a question, “Omma, I look like omma or appa?” He asked while his fingers are still busy coloring the animal.

You stopped your work and your ears perked up at the question, “Why do you always talk about appa? He is not here anymore, Aiden.”

Aiden pouted and put his pencil color down, turning around his body to face you, “Appa is here.”

 

You were obviously confused with your son behavior, like every time he talks, he always talks about Kris which makes your blood boil and your tears building in your eyes. You don’t want to hear about Kris anymore. You don’t want to be reminded of how cruel life is to you when you have to divorce with Kris all of a sudden.

 

“Listen here little boy, there is only you and me here. Appa is gone. He will never comeback. Stop thinking about him.” You caressed his cheek, saying the reality into him so that he could stop remembering Kris.

Aiden’s eyes swelled up and shook his head, “Appa is here. A monster take appa. Aiden will wait for appa. Appa is not bad. Omma is bad.” Aiden jumped off the dining chair and cried running off into his bedroom.

 

That moment, your door bell rang. It was eight in the evening and you didn’t expect any guest. You sighed and went to see who is outside your house through thedoor hole.

 

It was Kai and Hyuna. He bought your friend just so that you will allow him inside.

Hanging with no choice, you let both of them in without any words. Kai immediately hears Aiden cries and rush to his bedroom to see what’s going on. Hyuna, on the other hand, saw your pale face decided to help you to the kitchen and talk things out with you.

---

 

 

“Aiden.”

Kai called Aiden once he reached the little boy bedroom. Aiden stopped crying and run to the door entrance, hugging Kai’s leg thinking that Kai is Kris, “Appa.” Aiden sobbed and keep hugging onto Kai’s leg.

 

Kai felt electrocuted. He felt like he was a robot and someone switched off the off button so that he would stop functioning. He step out from his blank world and carry Aiden up, consoling him not to cry.

 

Aiden still thought Kai was Kris.

 

“Aiden know appa come back. Omma is bad. Omma said appa will never comeback. Appa is gone.” He cried again and again until he hiccupped.

 

Kai doesn’t need any explanation from you because he surely does know what the heck is going on with you and Aiden and that is why he wanted to give a helping hand to you but you rejected him.

 

“Shh don’t cry. I’m here.” Kai caressed the little boy back and rock him side to side, making the sobbing and crying calm down.

Aiden hugged his real father neck and lean on Kai’s shoulder, “Appa don’t leave Aiden.” Then, he falls asleep with tears falling down his cheeks.

---

 

 

“It’s time for dinner. Come out and eat, Kris.” Kris’s mum knocked on Kris door but he didn’t respond anything. He kept himself silent, sitting on his bed hugging his pillow while listening to some songs.

 

Kris world was blank, he didn’t do anything since the day he flew back to Canada and that makes Kris more stressed out. If I could add on, he lost weight.

 

Couldn’t take his emotional feelings anymore, he put on his jacket and take his belongings, then open the door to his room and rush downstairs to go out of the house, not wanting to eat dinner with his family.

It was chilly outside and the wind was so strong, it blew Kris hair all to the side. Yumi, who stayed in Kris’s house, saw Kris leaving the house she left too.

 

She followed behind her ex, wanting to know where he will go but being the sharp guy Kris is, he noticed immediately.

 

“What do you want?” Kris tuned behind and face Yumi who was shocked.

“I wanted to go to the store.” Yumi stuttered, avoiding her eye contact with Kris.

“Get yourself off my face.” Kris said cold heartedly and leave her alone in the chilly weather.

 

Kris sits on a bench that is provided in a park that is far away from his house, wanting to get rid all of his problems but didn’t work when he saw two people walks in front of him.

 

“Mummy, daddy says he doesn’t like butterflies.” The little boy walks infront of Kris says while holding his mum hands.

“Mummy, daddy said he will come back at six. I can’t wait to give daddy my present for him!” He said and faded away as the mum and son walks away from Kris’s sight.

Both of the people previously seem to represent you and Aiden and that totally hit Kris in the heart, knowing how much he misses the two of you.

After all, he was the one that marries you, took care of you while you’re pregnant, were there when Aiden was born and were there when Aiden started talking and walking and running.

Aiden may not be his son by flesh and blood but he still loves Aiden like his own.

---

 

 

“I can’t take it anymore, Hyuna. Aiden keeps reminding me off Kris which I don’t want to even think off.”

You let go of your tears that are full and cried softly.

Hyuna patted your shoulders and hug you eventually, “You can’t hate Aiden or Kris. Aiden is still a three year old child and Kris didn’t leave you just because he wants too, he was force to Ara.”

 

You wanted to continue but were interrupted by Kai who comes into the kitchen with Aiden on his arms,

“Would you mind if I stay here for the night to take care of Aiden?”

“Yes.” You said immediately.

“Then,” Kai continued, “Will you allow me to take Aiden back to my house and take cares of him until he calms down?”

 

Hyuna looked at you and you shrugged your shoulder, not knowing what to do with Aiden anymore.

Your day was ruined. You were overthinking again and of course, the stressed out girl.

 

“Do whatever you want with him. He’s yours anyway.” You stand up and slam the door to your room, leaving Hyuna, Kai and even Aiden hanging.

 

 

 

 ---

 

Sorry for the late update!

Comment, subscribe and vote if I deserve it :D