Disaster

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 11 – Disaster

---

 

“Kris, we need you to come back here in Canada. We have some family problems that we need you to be here.” Kris’s mum is over the phone.

“Mum, but I…” He stopped, looking at you who is revising for test and Aiden who is watching television.

“I need you back. I’ve sent you the plane ticket and make sure you come back by this Wednesday.” His mum reminded.

“Only me?” He asked while his heart is pumping hard.

“Yeah. Ara and Aiden can survive by themselves there.” His mum answered, not sounding nice at all.

Kris wanted to protest but his mum hangs up the phone.

‘Gosh, how am I supposed to tell Ara about this?’ He ruffled his hair.

You spot his troubled face and asked him, “Is everything alright?”

“Babe.” He walked closer to you, “Mum called and she said I have to go back to Canada by Wednesday.”

 Younodded and gulped, “Go back then. I’ll be okay with Aiden.” You smiled, trying to hide your worried feelings.

“Babe, I didn’t know this would happen.” Kris takes your hand and squeezed it hard.

“Its okay, Kris. I still have my parents here.” You convinced him that you’re going to be fine.

“I’ll make sure to come back as soon as possible, honey.” He kissed your forehead and hugs you tight.

---

 

It was the day where Kris has to depart from Korea to Canada to settle his family problems. You and Aiden went together with him at the airport to send him. Kris didn’t bring much of his luggage and he doesn’t seem happy to leave both of you behind.

“It’s your turn to board the plane now, oppa.” You remind him and he smiled at the word ‘oppa’.

“Right, make sure to take care of yourself at home and wherever you are, honey. Don’t forget to lock all the windows and doors when you’re home.” He hugs you and Aiden both at the same time.

“Take care of yourself there and be safe. That’s all I want.” You said, caressing his cheeks.

“I’ll be home as soon as possible. And to you little boy, make sure to take care of mummy and don’t be a naughty boy.” Kris carries Aiden and gives him unlimited kisses on his face.

“Go faster before you miss the plane.” You remind him. “I wish I could miss the plane.” He sighed.

“Remember that you’re family needs you.” You gave him a small smile and sent him to the departure gate.

“See you soon, honey. Call me whenever you miss me. I love you.” He kissed you and Aiden and then there he goes, entering the departure hall.

---

 

 

You stand there outside the departure hall looking at the back view of Kris. You hold Aiden arms to wave at Kris.

“Appa is going back to his homeland and now we’re left with the two of us.” You looked at Aiden.

“Appa…” He said. “Yeah, appa. If he didn’t take care of me, I would have thought about abortion.” You said to Aiden as if he understands all of that.

“Without him, you and I will not be like this now.”

---

 

 

After hours of flight, finally Kris is back home in his homeland. Canada is the place he grows up in. but now after getting married, all he wants to be at is by yours and Aiden side. Coming back to Canada doesn’t seem exciting as before.

He saw his cousins at the gate and he walked over to them.

“Yo Kris, how are you?” Daniel, Kris’s cousin, gave him a brotherly hugged.

“I heard you’re married.” The other one, David, said.

Kris just gave them a smile and a nod. “I don’t think you would be happy once you reach back home, dude. Trust me.”

---

 

 

“Mum, no I am not agreeing to her decision!” Kris stands up from his sit.

“Sorry dear but that is what your grandmother wants. She’s on her deathbed right now. I bet you don’t want to disappoint her.” His mum protest.

“But mum, it doesn’t matter if I don’t do that. Even if I don’t agree on doing it, she cannot do anything about it, mum. Please I’m begging you.” Kris dropped on his knees.

“Sorry son. I have to respect my mum.” She walked off.

“You have to respect my decision too. I am your son, mum. Your son!” He cried.

“I wished I could but I can't do nothing about it.” She stopped.

“Go and divorce that girl and come back to Canada. I bet that child is not even your son.” She continued.

Kris widened his eyes and his heart pumps like it s going to fall anytime soon, “Mum…” He was out of words.

“I love Ara. It doesn’t matter if Aiden is not my son.” Kris dropped down on his knees again.

“See, I told you I knew Aiden is not my real grandson. It was stupid of my agreeing on your wedding two years ago.” She walks away, leaving Kris alone.

 

“Dude, I’m sorry for all this. I wished I could be the one who can take over your place but grandma wants you.” Daniel helped Kris up.

“Stupid. If I know this is going to be happening, I shouldn’t have come home.” Kris punched his hands on the wall and his hands bleed immediately.

But he doesn’t feel the pain in his hands instead he feels like his heart bleeds and he is going to die sooner or later.

He loves you and Aiden and doesn’t want to even leave you out there alone with a two year son. He even rather to sacrifice his family ties just to be with you but that doesn’t seem to happen.

Now, he has two choices.

One, ignore his grandmother wish. Two, goes back to Korea and be together with you.

It may sound stupid but Kris doesn’t have any choice at all because all of the decision will be made by his mum. And he hates it. The family treats his grandmother like a god even before she was in her deathbed. They did everything she asks them to do. She asked for the limited edition diamond, watch, clothes and even the most expensive glasses.

And now when she is lying down weakly, she even asks Kris to marry her friend’s granddaughter even though she knows Kris is now married.

It having to divorce the one he loves, which is you.

---

 

With heavy step, you walk to the childcare centre to pick up Aiden. From afar, someone has set an eye on you.

It is Aiden’s real father. Kai has finally lifted up his confidence to confess to you but not now. He felt sorry for you having to take care of a baby all by yourself now that Kris is in Canada.

You situation right now is messed up even without you knowing it.

One, you don’t know Aiden’s real father. Two, you don’t know what is happening to Kris.

That problem is slowly coming to you and no one knows if you could handle it well.

 

---

 

I AM SORRY IF THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.

DON’T WORRY, I’LL WORK THIS STORY UP. THINGS GETTING INTENSE AREN’T IT?