Sports day.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 55 – Sports day.

---

 

 

“Omma, wake up fast!”

You know that whenever Aiden is awake earlier than you, that means he’s excited for the upcoming event of the day. It is the day of Aiden’s sports day since he has turned into an age that can participate in a competition.

You decided to take a leave from school today since Aiden has no one to go with.

“Omma, hurry up!” Aiden grabbed your arms and made you sat up with your eyes still blinking.

“Oh my, is it morning already? How did you wake up earlier than me?” You pinched Aiden’s cheek and quickly get off the bed, “Let’s go bath.”

 

 

After you have gotten ready that nearly took you twenty minutes, you left the house with the little excited Aiden all dress up in his sport’s wear, “Omma, other friends bring their mum and dad but I only have omma.” Aiden said while he swings your hand to and fro.

“Appa is not here, how can he go to your sport’s day? Omma is enough right?” You carefully ask the little kid, not wanting to upset him.

“Ah omma!” Aiden stopped you from walking and pull your hand backward, “Can you call Kai hyung? Hyung can be my appa for today!”

You were shocked and have nothing to answer your excited son, you squat down in front of him and comb his long hair with your hand, “Should we?”

---

 

 

“GO GO GO!” The other parents were cheering loudly for their little kids who are running eagerly to win the first place prize which is a toy car for boy and a pink teddy bear for a girl.

Aiden was just happily running, not thinking about the prizes. It was amazing to see how mature your four year old son is. If the other kids, they will be running and wanting to win all the prizes that will be given after the competition ends.

“Aiden is not running fast. What happened?” Kai asked.

After you called him and ask him for a favor, Kai agreed to come even though he is already on the way to school.

“He’s happy though.” You smiled and answered Kai but your eyes were following Aiden who is running slowly but with a grin on his face.

Kai knew that he did the right thing even ditching school and going to his son’s sports day doesn’t make him regret anything, whereas he is happy seeing both you and Aiden having smiles on the face.

 

 

The kid’s race has ended and now is time for the parents of the child to compete each other.

“Now, let’s welcome all the parents of the kids age 4 that we have here to come and compete!” The lady announcer said and all the parent’s gather except for you and Kai standing there, feeling awkward.

Aiden who is standing in line with his friend, Hyunsoo, notice that you and Kai didn’t move, he ran to you grabbing both you and Kai’s hand.

“Omma appa, hurry up! We must win!” Aiden jumped in joy while dragging both of you to the lane all the parents were at.

---

 

 

She push the wheel on her wheelchair and get near the grandson who seems to ignore her all the way.

“Will you be mad if I ask you something?”

Kris kept silent, not wanting to say anything to the grandma. She took out something from her dress pocket and grab Kris hand.

“Throw this.” She gives Kris the wedding ring box that contains your ring in too. Kris slowly turns his face to look at the wedding ring box, he reaches out his hand and finally take it away from the grandmother palm.

“Throw this?” Kris asked with a weak voice.

The grandmother Kris’s cheeks, “You’re becoming really thin, Kris. Thinking about that girl won’t make you happy back, don’t hold to anything that is not yours anymore.”

Those words shot Kris straight in the heart, he looked up but stayed silent. “It’s time for you to move on and find a job. I don’t want to see you suffer like this.”

Kris faces back at the window view and sighs, “One day, I will. Don’t worry.”

The grandma nods her head and turn back her wheelchair to left the room, “Don’t forget to throw that away first.”

When he heard the door is closed, Kris lean his hands on the window rail and opened the wedding ring box. The smaller ring was previously on your ring finger but now, he is holding it. Both of you had never once taken the ring out after getting married, but seeing both of the rings in the box, Kris was shot again in the heart.

He closes back the box and hides it in his nightstand, not able to bring himself to throw it.

---

 

 

“That was fun!” Aiden hugged his fluffy giraffe plushie that he won after the sports day ended.

“Omma, Aiden didn’t want to win but Aiden ran so fast, Aiden is the first one! Giraffe is so cute!” He hugged the giraffe tightly again.

Kai observed the both of you and without him knowing, smile forms.

“Hyung, thank you for being with Aiden and omma today. Aiden had fun.” Aiden thanked Kai and let go of his hands from your hold and went to hold Kai’s instead.

You expression changes immediately looking at the way Aiden treated you once he got Kai but since he’s happy, you just let it slide off.

“Uh Hyung, Aiden wants to play game at hyung’s house. Can Aiden play? This time Aiden will win!” Aiden asked Kai but then look at you afterwards.

“Omma, can Aiden go hyung house and play? Aiden want to win more race! Please, omma.” He let go of Kai’s hand and grab your hand again this time. “What if I say no?” You .

“Ah!” Aiden points his index finger up, “Omma follow too!”

 

 

 

“FASTER FASTER AIDEN IS GOING TO WIN!” Aiden pushes all button on the controller, trying to win Tao and Sehun in the racing game. You sit on the sofa comfortably watching your son getting closer and closer to Kris’s friends.

Kai who noticed that you looked kind of bored, he took out his favourite basketball and call out your name.

“Let’s go.” He said and left the house. You were confused for a moment but left with him when Tao nod his head assuring that he will keep Aiden safe.

 

 

“You know how to play this game?” Kai asked while bouncing the ball. You shrugged your shoulder, “I sure do.” Kai brings you to the nearest basketball court from the house they’re living at.

With that, he begins to dribble the ball around you and wanting to put the ball into the goal but you managed to catch it from him, “Hah, caught it.” You grinned and dribble back the ball around him.

Chanyeol, Suho and Lay joined both of you after they came back from the store buying some foods to eat.

Few hours past and finally all four of you decided to go back and have a rest. “It was fun. Thanks for asking me to play this game.” You smiled and felt satisfied that you finally get to release all your anger and stress into the game.

“You played well. Let’s have some serious competition next time.” Chanyeol praised you.

 

The moment you first entered the house, Aiden is sitting quietly on the sofa with Sehun and Tao by his side eating popcorns, totally ignoring your presence.

“Aiden-uh.” You softly called him but he kept watching the movie.

“Omma…” He whined and point to the television, “Peterpan can fly. Aiden wants to be peterpan.” Aiden brings his hands to the side and pretending his flying. You smiled weakly, when your brain tried to remind you about how Kris said he is peterpan while you’re tinkerbell.

“Shall we go home now?” You said. Aiden pouted his lips and cross his arm, “But peterpan isn’t finish yet.”

Sehun wanted to help you getting Aiden back home, so he whispered into Aiden’s little ear, “How about you bring this back home and you can watch it? It’s dark and you have to protect omma back home, right?”

Aiden stands up and nod, “Okay, Aiden will go back home now.” Sehun smiled satisfyingly and went to pack the dvd for Aiden.

You thanked all of them and left the house but Aiden pulled your hand, “Hyung, can you send us home?” He said to Kai.

Kai looked at you but you avoided his eye contact. Suho who is standing behind him, nodded and push Kai outside the house, “You’re a man so you should be able to come back home safely. See you soon, Aiden.” Suho said and kneeled down to give a short hug to Aiden.

“Bye hyung.” Aiden smiled and pull both you and Kai’s hand together by his side.

---

 

 

“Thanks for sending us home. Go back safely.” You said to Kai when you finally reached back home.

“Don’t forget to come to school tomorrow.” Kai said and waved goodbye to you and Aiden.

You locked the door and went inside with Aiden. “Omma, do you want something?” He asked.

“Sure, what is it?” You replied. You followed him to his room and he sat down near his bag.

Aiden reach his hands out and put his hands into his bag, pulling out a piece of paper, “Aiden learnt to write at school yesterday and this is what Aiden write.”

You smiled and slowly opened the piece of small paper.

 

‘I Love you.’

 

“Is Aiden smart, omma?” Aiden grabbed your arms and shake your arms, asking whether he has done a great job. You caressed his hair and he grinned, slowly lying down on your lap.

“Appa said that if appa is not here with Aiden, Aiden have to protect omma. Appa said that if Aiden cries, Aiden is not a big boy. Appa said Aiden have to love omma because omma loves Aiden too. That’s why Aiden want to write this for omma.” He smiled, proud of his work.

“You’re so matured, honey.” Your eyes were wet with tears, tears of joy, surprised on how smart and matured your son is.

“Omma…” Aiden sit back up, “I love you.”

 

 

---

 

Thanks for all the lovely comment I've receieved, it made my day much more happier ^^

Keep the comments going and tell me how you feel after every chapter so I know what I can improved on.

See you next update ;D