I'm sorry.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 35 – I’m sorry.

---

 

 

Kai and Tao bring you down to get a taxi while D.O stayed to take care of sleeping Aiden.

They successfully flagged down a taxi within minutes and help you in. Seeing how you shiver at the cold blowing air-conditioner in the taxi, Kai takes off his jacket and put it over you.

You manage to just look down while Kai puts his jacket over you. You don’t want to talk as your body is still high in temperature.

Kai look over to you, “Ara, don’t worry. Kris hyung will be fine. He just needs some rest, alright?”

You nod and turn your head to the left to see the view outside the taxi. You sighed and tears flow slowly yet painfully. You didn’t want to attract attention from Kai, Tao or even the taxi driver. You want to keep it to yourself as that is the way you normally are.

 

 

Few minutes after silence, your phone vibrates and you take it out from your jeans pocket. It’s Kris number.

Your eyebrows were pinched together looking at the screen and you give you phone to Kai, asking him for help.

Kai looks at your phone and look back at you, he slides to answer and remain silence.

“Kris is with me. I hope you won’t go and find him as he said and promise himself and me that he doesn’t want to have anything to do with you and your poor son anymore. He is sick of you. Leave him alone, Ara.” Then, the other side of the line hangs up.

You continuously look at Kai with a ‘what-just-happened’ look. Kai faked a laugh, “A guy called. He says that he finds Kris phone yesterday night. That must be the reason why you couldn’t reach him when you call him yesterday.” He lied.

You nod and didn’t even ask for your phone back from Kai. You also didn’t care about Kris ‘lost’ phone as all you want now is Kris himself.

Kai bit his inner lips and hold on tight onto your phone. He feels suspicious about the phone call. Who is the girl who called you from Kris’s phone number? Why is she calling you when Kris is in the hospital? Kai obviously believed that Kris is in the hospital as the doctor himself called your phone.

---

 

 

“So, you must be Wu Ara, right?” A young looking male doctor asked you as soon as the three of you reached outside of Kris’s ward.

You nod.

“You look pale. Are you okay, Ara-shhi?” He asked. Of course you nod, remaining silence.

“Okay, you may go in and as for now, I think it is the best if you go in alone and visit the patient.” The doctor says and opens the door for you.

 

The moment you stepped in, you are welcomed by Kris’s bandaged hand and tubes hanging all over his hands and arms. You walk to him slowly and sit down on the chair placed beside him.

“Oppa.” You called him.

“Oppa, can you wake up?” You tears roll down again slowly yet painfully.

“I miss you, oppa. Why did you sent me that message last night that you will never be coming back home?” You tried to talk to him while holding his hands tightly.

“Are you sick of me and Aiden by now oppa?” You cried.

“I asked your friends for help and they really help me, oppa. Tao said that that message sent from your phone number isn’t you who sent it.” You cried more.

You look at his current state right now and touch his soft light brown hair, “Oppa, how are you even involved in a van accident when you are supposed to come back from the campsite at evening today?”

“What happen to you for the past three days?” You asked, tightening your grip on Kris’s hands.

“Kai’s enrolled to my school, your mum knows you’re not Aiden’s dad, you went to camping and now you’re involved in an accident when you are supposed to stay in the campsite.” You complained everything to sleeping Kris.

“Wake up and don’t scare me, oppa.” You begged him and nudged him to wake up.

---

 

 

“Kai why do you look so lost?” Tao asked.

Kai looked up to Tao who is standing and sighed.

“A girl called Ara from Kris phone number. She says that Kris is with her and she also says that Kris promise himself that he won’t go back to Ara and he doesn’t want to have anything related with Ara and Aiden anymore. Then, she tells Ara to leave Kris alone. But the confusing thing is, how the heck does that girl gets Kris phone and why does she call Ara saying that Kris is with her while Kris is laying down peacefully on the hospital bed?” Kai told Tao the whole story without a pause.

Tao take a sit down beside Kai, “Do you recognize her voice?” Tao asked.

“No.” Kai shook his head. “Damn , what the hell is going on?” Kai cursed and slam his feet.

The door open slowly and you came out from the room, “Do you guys want to see him?” You asked.

Kai turned back looking at your pale face and faces Tao. Tao nods and walked into Kris’s ward with Kai following behind him. You take a sit and lean your head against the wall, closing your eyes even for awhile.

---

 

 

Kris is awake. He heard everything that you said to him, he even feels your tears drop slowly onto his bare skin but he couldn’t cry. His eyes felt dry.

When he heard the door is open back again, he closed his eyes but peeking slowly to see who is it. Once he saw Kai and Tao, he opens his eyes and asks them to come to him.

“Hyung, you’re awake.” Kai smiled and wanted to call you back in but Kris stops him.

“Kai, no don’t. Don’t call her.” He begged.

Kai bit his inner lips and ask Kris, “Why?”

“I heard all her problems just now.” Kris breathed in slowly.

Kai look at Kris and sat down on the chair provided.

“This is the time for you to get close to Ara and Aiden so that she will totally forget me. I am not a good husband for her.” Kris get straight to the point.

Shocked, Kai argued back, “Hyung, you shouldn’t be saying this. She is worried about you until she falls sick and here you are telling me to take care of her and Aiden instead of you doing it.”

“My mom knows Aiden is not my son and she ask me to divorce Ara if I don’t want to marry another girl. I don’t want to have two wives at one time, Kai. I love Ara and I don’t want her to be hurt by my mum.” Kris said.

“Hyung, can you tell me the whole story on what happen to you yesterday?” Tao, who is still confused about the situation, asked.

Kris closed his eyes, “My phone was lost when I was showering yesterday. I went to ask my teacher for help and nobody admitted. The moment everyone kept silence, I went back to my tent and pack up my bags to leave the site. And then the next morning, I find myself in a room with a girl beside me. I thought it was my room but it turns out its Yumi’s room.” He paused.

“I left the room and wanting to walk out of the house but then in the living room, I saw my mum. She says that I better take care of Yumi because she has been the one who has been taking care of me all the while and not Ara.”

Kai pause him, “Wait hyung. Who’s Yumi?”

“She’s my ex girlfriend five years ago in Canada.” Kris answered.

“Okay, continue.” Kai told him.

“And then, I open my eyes again and I’m here in this bed listening to Ara’s problem minutes ago.” He coughed a bit.

“Kai, Tao.” Kris hold on Tao and Kai’s hand, “Don’t tell Ara that I heard her. I don’t want her to depend on me for her to live.”

“Take care of her, guys. I don’t want my existence to ruin her life.” Kris coughed once again.

“Hyung, you’re being selfish to her. She loves you and you’re doing this to her.” Kai did not agree with Kris.

“I love her too but if I really love her, I have to leave her if not her life will never be peace and rainbows. If she stays with me, I don’t know what my mum will do in order for us to be separated.” Kris told Kai his feelings.

The three remained silent until your phone, which is in Kai’s pocket, rang again.

Kai look at your phone and Kris’s number appears, “Hyung, can you explain?” Kai shows Kris your phone screen.

Kris reaches out slowly for your phone and answers it but remaining silent.

“Ya Ara, why does every time I call you you’re silent and you didn’t even says hello? No wonder Kris said he wants to leave you.” She laughed.

Kris recognizes that voice and it seems like his heart is going to break anytime soon.

“It’s not funny talking to someone’s wife using her husband’s number, Yumi.” Kris finally voiced out.

---

 

“It’s not funny talking to someone’s wife using her husband’s number, Yumi.”

Oh .

Yumi heard Kris’s voice and hang up.

“Is that Kris’s voice I heard?” She looked at her phone.

She slapped her cheeks hard, “Am I dreaming?”

She slapped her cheeks again, “Why do I hear Kris’s voice? Oh my goodness.”

She freaked out.

---

 

 

 

Five minutes that pass seems like five years to you. You sit there, leaning the back of your head on the wall and just wonder your mind off.

Why does everything bad happens to you all at once?

What if Kris can’t wake up and be there for you? What if he really means the message that ‘he’ sent? What if he really is sick and tired of you and Aiden since Aiden is not related to him? What if in this two days he’s gone, his feelings changes for you? What will you do if Kris really leaves you and Aiden?

 

You can’t cry, anymore. Your tears seems like it has evaporate and it will not be coming back.

 

It’s my entire fault for attending Kris’s birthday party two years ago.

It’s my fault to get drunk. It’s my fault for appearing in Kris’s life.

It’s my fault for causing trouble to Kris who is really kind.

 It’s my fault that he is involved in an accident.

It seems like god doesn’t even want me to be together with Kris

Everything in this two years that happened to Kris, is all because of me.

 

 

Kai and Tao left the room and went outside, finding you wondering your thoughts around.

Kai doesn’t have the heart to see you in this condition that he wants defy Kris and tell you that Kris is actually awake.

“Ara, Kris is awake. Go and see him.” Kai put his hands on your shoulder.

You turned your head to him slowly and shake your head, causing tears appear magically again.

“Tell him that I’m sorry and it’s all my fault. I don’t deserve to see him. He is right, he should not be coming back home ever again since Aiden is not related to him. ”

You stands up and left the hospital to go back home.