'I got daddy back.'

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 58 - 'I got daddy back.'

---

 

“Hyung, what is that?” Aiden asked while playing video games at Kris’s previous apartment where the other members still stays there to kill time.

“This?” Lay pointed to the thing Aiden ask and look at the curious child back. Aiden nod and walk over to the object, “It has strings.”

“It is called guitar.” Lay answered and ask Aiden sit down beside him, letting him feel how guitar is being played.

“You put this guitar on your lap and put your arms over it then strum the guitar like this.” Lay instructed and Aiden followed him.

“Wow, it makes noise.” Aiden seems interested and strums more with his little finger.

Looking at how Aiden acts when he wanted to know more about the guitar, hits Lay in the heart that he remembers how Kris wanted to learn guitar in order to compose songs for you. “You’re just like your daddy.”

“Hyung…” Aiden stops strumming the guitar and look up to Lay, “Where did appa go?”

Lay widened his eyes and his lip’s in not knowing what to answer the little boy question, “Umm…”

“It’s okay. When Aiden is big, Aiden is going to get married and then appa will come.” Aiden giggles and continue to strum the guitar.

---

 

 

“SHOOT ARA SHOOT!” Chanyeol shouted at you reminding you to shoot the basketball into the goal.

You dribble the ball in and your team wins the whole game, mostly you putting the ball in the goal.

“BOOMSHAKALAKA!” Chanyeol screamed at Baekhyun’s face and ran to you, carrying you up in the air.

“Oh my god, Chanyeol put me down!” You laughed and slaps Chanyeol’s shoulder to put you down.

“Opps, sorry. I must be too excited.” Chanyeol laughed and scratch the back of his neck.

“Now, let’s go back and order chicken! Baekhyun, you’re paying!” Chanyeol said as he wiped his sweats with his towel, grabbing the water bottle and went up with the rest.

It is Saturday and you wanted to release some stress cells in your brain since you have started schooling and go out playing basketball with the seven boys while the others accompany Aiden upstairs.

Suho walked up to you and stands beside you, “How’s school?”

You shrugged your shoulder and smiled, “As usual, I can cope with it.”

Suho nod with his proud smiles and lean in to you, “It has been a year, Ara.”

“Huh?” You raised your eyebrow and looked at Suho who is whispering to you.

“I don’t want to tell you this but I can’t help it.” He said.

You nod asking him it’s okay to continue. “Kris is coming back.”

You stopped walking and your jaws drop, “What?” Suho pulled your hand and helped you to continue walk forward, “Kris is leaving everything he has in Canada just to be with us again, especially you and Aiden.”

“Why suddenly? What does he think he is doing? Going and coming back as he likes? Doesn’t he even think about what he does to the other people? Who does he think he is that he can do everything he wants?” you were mad and shocked at the same time when Suho told you.

“I knew you will be going to be like this. Why can’t you just put the past away behind and continue to move on?” Suho asked.

“Oppa, I’ve moved on. Who do you think I am, a girl that can’t live without Kris? How do you expect me to be friends with him back again?” You hissed, ruffled your hair and run to the nearest bench you could find instead of going back home with the others.

Suho wanted to catch you and stop you from running but he knows that you better be left alone and have some self-thinking.

---

 

 

 

“Make sure the documents are ready by the end of next week, before I head back to Korea.” Kris reminded his secretary and the secretary left as soon as he received the notice from the CEO.

Kris took out his phone and slides to unlock it.

“Six more days.” He smiled as he looks at the calendar.

Someone knocked on his door and the person comes in. It is his grandmother and his mother. Kris stands up in respect and welcome them to sit on the couch provided.

“Why are you here?” Kris asked politely.

The grandmother sighed and look at Kris, “Are you sure you’re going back, leaving me, your family and your career just like that?”

Kris’s eyebrow were pinched together, “Grandma, I’m not going back to Korea just for fun. I feel like I can do something more there rather than working here.”

The mother signaled Kris not to sound rude to his grandmother and Kris soften his voice, “Grandma, please. Can’t you just support me in whatever I do? I don’t want to get married with someone you choose for me. I don’t want you to control my life. Please don’t make me feel guilty.”

“It’s hard for me to say this but, Kris, will you please take me to Korea? I want to meet up with Ara. I’m scared I will be leaving this Earth with someone who still doesn’t forgive me for what I have done. I was so cruel to make you and her divorce. If it is not because of me, both of you are still together.” The grandmother cried.

Kris softened his eyes as he watch his grandmother shed a tear, “Why the sudden change, grandma?”

The grandmother took a deep breath and finally states her reason for doing so.

“When I was your age, since I was arranged into a marriage with your late grandfather, I always think that when I have grandkids later on in the future, I will want to arrange their marriage too. Your mum isn’t the daughter-in-law that I wanted since I have choose a women that I like your dad to get married with but he didn’t listen to me and still marries your mum, “She paused, “And when I knew you are going to be my generation and I promised myself to make you marry the women of my choice, but you didn’t too.”

Kris was confused as he doesn’t get what the grandmother’s trying to say.

The grandmother wipes her tears and continues her reason, “Last night I had a dream that I was dying and Ara came into my dream.” Kris ears perked up when he hears your name and begin to listen carefully, “I didn’t like Ara because she doesn’t give birth to my flesh and blood but something knocked into my head that Ara is a pure and strong girl and she is the only girl that controls you be in mentally or physically. Seeing her in my dreams means that I have done a lot of cruel thing to her and maybe that is the sign for me to apologize to her before everything is too late.” The grandmother holds Kris’s hands, “I have to confess all of this, sweetheart.”

“You were the happiest guy I have ever seen when you vowed to her five years ago.”

Kris eyes turned watery and eventually he shed a tear too.

“I miss Ara. I miss Aiden. Can you please take me to them before it’s too late?”  The grandmother begged and Kris nods his head.

“I will, grandma. I will.”

---

 

 

‘Something is not right.’ You instinct told you. Somewhere deep inside your heart feels something bad is going to happen. Is this a coincidence after Suho told you Kris is coming back?

‘If Kris comes back, is that a bad thing?’ You asked yourself while putting your hands on your fast beating heart.

‘See, it’s not like I don’t want him to come back but it’s hard for me to be his friend back.’ You talked to yourself mentally.

You sighed and look over the sun that is setting, “Am I thinking too much?” You ruffled your hair and tried to relax your heart but for some reason, you couldn’t.

---

 

 

“Good job, continue continue!” Lay is still sitting at the same spot with Aiden and his guitar after the boys ate chicken that Baekhyun ordered.

The others gathered around Aiden and admire the little boy passion and determination to learn.

“You’re good.” Suho caressed Aiden’s hair while Aiden continue to strum the guitar.

Kai and you are the only one that is not presence there. Kai was scared that Aiden will ignore him and hate him later on after the truth that was told previously.

Aiden looked up and stopped strumming, “What time is it?” He asked.

“7.30p.m” Tao answered. Aiden puts down the guitar and stands up trying to find you, “Omma?”

Suho’s ears perked up when he realized you are still not home yet, “Omma went to buy some things. Hyung will call omma home alright?” Suho stands up and left for the door but Aiden wants to follow him.

“Hyung, Aiden wants to follow.”

---

 

 

“Are you alright?” Kai saw you sitting at the park near the apartment after he comes back from work.

“I’m just thinking too much.” You answered bluntly.

You look at your phone and your heart suddenly wants to try calling the unknown person that called you a lot of time but didn’t respond.

“Can I borrow your phone?” You asked from Kai and key in the unknown number into Kai’s phone then putting the phone on your ear, waiting for that person to answer.

With an anxious heart you waited for the person to answer and finally it did.

Hello?” The person said.

---

 

 

While Korea is experiencing night time, the people in Canada experience morning. Kris just got out of shower when he hears his phone rang.

Unknown number.

Kris hesitated to answer it but he answers it eventually.

“Hello?”

But the other line, which is you, kept silent.

What Kris didn’t realize that that was Kai’s phone number but Kris didn’t save it since he doesn’t want anyone, especially Yumi, to call his friends while he is in Canada.

“Hello there?” Kris continue but you still kept silent.

---

 

 

You pass the phone to Kai and ask him to talk to the person that Kai ‘didn’t’ know.

“Hello?” Kai started. Kris recognize the voice and his heart beats fast for some reason.

Kai?” Kris asked over the phone.

“Kris hyung?” Kai’s eyebrow were raised in confusion and looked at you who were shocked as well.

How did you get my number?” Kris asked.

Kai looked at you and you quickly responded to him by shaking your head and asking him not to tell Kris that you were the one who dialed the number.

Kai caught your signal and nod, “Ah…” He paused, trying to find for a better answer, “I just dial random numbers. Haha.” Kai fake a laugh to break the awkwardness.

Well, nice to hear your voice, bro. How are you?” Kris asked.

You asked Kai to make it to loudspeaker so that you could hear it too.

“I’m fine, hyung.” Kai smiled.

Umm…” Kris wanted to ask a question but hesitated for a while.

How’s Ara and Aiden? Are they with you?” That was the question kris wanted to ask for the first time after not talking to his friend.

You shook your head.

“Umm… they’re at home. They’re fine too.” Kai answered.

“Since you randomly called a number and the person is me, I should just tell you something right?” Kris said.

“Sure, go ahead.” Kai said.

I’m coming back to Korea.” Kris said.

With my mum and grandma.” He continued.

Your eyes were shaken due to terrified and walk away immediately, not wanting to hear the rest of the news but Kai stay seated.

They want to meet Ara and Aiden. My grandma wanted to apologize to Ara.” Kris continued.

“But can you please don’t tell Ara? I don’t want her to get shock or phobia anymore. I just don’t know how to meet her later. It’s hard, Kai.” Kris said with a soft tone.

“Hyung, actually Ara was the one who uses my phone and dials your number. She was here with me just now but walks away when she hears you say about your mum and grandma.” Kai told the truth as he watch you walking back to the apartment.

She dialed the number?” Then, Kris realized that Ara knew it was him so that’s why she pass the phone to Kai.

“I can help you to meet up with her later but not now. She looks pale suddenly just now.” Kai said with a concerned tone.

Alright, take care of her until I come back this Friday.” Kris said and they both said their goodbye.

---

 

 

It was late at night when your phone decided to ring again. It may be night but for Kris, it is morning.

Kris was the one who called you but you left your phone beside Aiden bed when you were putting him to sleep and forgetting to take it with you.

Aiden sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking at the brightly shine screen ringing.

As the modern technology child knows how to work a phone, he slides to answer the call, “I’m Aiden. Hi.”

Kris jaw dropped and didn’t expect something like this could happen. He grinned from ears to ears and continue, “Hi, little man.”

Aiden’s eyes widened up and he suddenly becomes awake, “APPA?!”

Kris smiled over the phone with a happy heart, “Oh it’s appa.” He answered.

“APPA! Where are you? When is appa going to come back home? Aiden miss appa!” Aiden said in excitement.

“I will soon, little man. What are you doing?” Kris asked an obvious question not realizing their time zone is different.

“Aiden is sleeping omma is sleeping too. Appa not sleeping?” Aiden asked.

“Oh…” Kris paused and look at his phone screen that has Korean time and laughed, “I’m sorry I called. I didn’t remember it’s night time there.”

“Oh appa, when appa come back home Aiden has a lot of things to tell appa.” Aiden said as if Kris was there right beside him.

“I will come back soon, baby boy. Go and continue sleep okay? Goodnight, I love you.” Kris did a kiss on the phone feeling finally satisfied that he got to hear his son’s voice.

“When Aiden get married, appa must come back just like how appa promised Aiden. I love you appa.” Aiden kissed your phone and ended the call, then putting your phone back on the table and continues to go to sleep.

---

 

 

Kris just couldn’t stopped smiling as he hears what Aiden said.

“I won’t wait for you to get married to go back, son. I will come back even before you enter elementary school.” Kris locked his phone and goes in his office with a huge smile on his face, not expecting to have this to happen.

---

 

 

“Dinosours are big and dangerous but they are cute!” Aiden said as he munched his toast. It is finally morning and you are getting ready to go to school.

Aiden is eating his toast while you are preparing yourself.

“OMMA!” Aiden shouted even though you were beside him.

“Appa called Aiden last night. Appa is coming home!” Aiden said, hugging your neck and jumping at the same time.

Your eyebrows were pinched together and calm down Aiden so he could explain what he meant.

“What did you say?” You asked.

“Appa called Aiden but using omma’s phone. Appa said appa will come back soon.” Aiden said as he swallows the toast.

You stands up and went to Aiden’s room to grab your phone, checking the history.

‘It is Kris.’ You look up from the screen and look at Aiden who is happily smiling at you, tugging your skirt, “It’s appa right? Aiden is not dreaming.” Aiden said as he skipped out to the living room.

“It is true that he is coming back.” You slowly blinked your eyes, not knowing how to react to this sudden action.

You quickly grabbed your bag and wore your shoes as well as Aiden’s.

 

You left the house and quickly headed to the kindergarten that now Aiden attends too.

Swinging your hand back and front, Aiden looked at you with his huge looking eyes.

“When Aiden grows up, Aiden wants to marry a girl like omma and be like appa…” He grinned and continues to swing your hand to and fro while you were looking clueless, weak and pale.

“Now Aiden got appa back.” Aiden smiles and ran to his new friends when both of you reached the school.

---