Hallucination.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 56 – Hallucination.

---

 

“You don’t want to be late for today, honey. Wake up!”

You opened your eyes and rubbed it, “Mum, when did you came?” She walked towards you, sitting by your side on your bed, “Well, luckily the smart son of yours woke up and answer the phone call from me and he was the one who opened the door while you’re snoring away.” She replied.

“I’m sorry.  I slept late yesterday.” You stretched your arms backward and stand up, “Will you take care of Aiden for me today then?”

“Of course, now go and get ready. Your dad will send you to school.”

 

After tiring and hard days of your college, the day you have been waiting for has finally arrived, Graduation day. After college, you have absolutely no idea on whether you should continue study or just start working.

 

Your mum prepared brought her homemade breakfast and get it ready on your dining table with the help of little Aiden.

“Eat before you go. Today is going to be a long day for you. I made Spicy stewed fish soup, grilled short ribs and bean sprout rice.” She said as she set the table.

“You cooked all my favorite dishes, mum!” Your eyes widened in joy and rush to the kitchen to take a seat. “Wow, it has been a long time!” You clapped your own hands in excitement and wait for your parents and son to sit but they didn’t. “Why are you guys not seating down?”

Aiden holds your dad’s hand and keep looking at him and you continuously, “Grandpa is waiting for someone.”

Who?” You asked, tilting your head.

The doorbell rang and Aiden ran to the door, “Grandpa!” Your dad smiled at the little excited boy and rush to the door, opening it.

“Welcome, Kai.” Your dad welcomes the guest.

Hearing the name your father called, your ears perked up and your eyes were wide opened, shocked that Kai is the one your parents has been waiting for.

“Why invite him, mum?” You whispered to your mum and stands up to welcome the guest, but not so guest to you. Your mum hugged your shoulder, “He’s graduating too, honey.”

“But I thought it’s only our family?” You whispered, not wanting Kai to hear you.

“He is Aiden’s dad. Doesn’t that make him part of our family?”

You gulped and blew a raspberry, “What a good phrase to describe him, mum.”

 

Since it has been a long time you’ve seen your parents and eaten your mum cooked food, you just focused on your food without talking. Aiden too kept silent and keep feeding himself the bean sprout rice that your mum cooked, sitting beside you.

 

“So what are you planning to do with your future after graduating, Kai?” Your dad asked as the head of your family. Kai munched on his food and drank his water, “Maybe I should start working?”

You eyed Kai while keeping your head down, wanting to see his expression when answering your dad.

Then you eyed your dad, still keeping your head down, “Has Aiden knows?” Your dad asked Kai and Aiden lifted up his head after hearing his name.

“Aiden?” Aiden says his name but in confusion looking at your dad. You tried to distract him and feed him another spoonful of rice. Kai noticed your reaction and gulped, “No, he doesn’t.”

“When are you planning to tell him? He has to know sooner or later, Kai.” Your dad continued.

“Yeobo…” Your mum tried to stop your dad from asking Kai more questions, “Time to go to school, right? Yeobo, you drive them.”

You finished your last few bites of ribs and gulp down your ice water, “Thanks mum.” You stands up and quickly went to the living room, bringing Aiden with you.

“Aiden-uh, omma will go to school with Kai hyung while you will stay with grandma and grandpa, alright?” You said to Aiden while tying your shoe laces. Aiden swings his leg to and fro on the sofa and turns his face to you, “Omma, just now grandpa said my name, right?”

“No, he didn’t.” You smiled and give Aiden hugged, “See you later, honey.” Aiden hugged you back and give you a kiss on the cheek. Then, you left the house followed by your dad and Kai, leaving your mum and Aiden alone at home.

---

 

 

“Mr. Wu, someone is here to see you.” The secretary knocked on Kris’s office door and enters.

Kris looked up from his empty desk, “Who?”

“Ms. Han.” The secretary replied. “Let her in.” Kris said and sighed.

It has been six months since Kris started working in his grandma’s company which he will inherit in the future. Kris decided to move on in his life and find something to do rather than just stay in his room, thinking of the bittersweet memory of you and him.

Han Yumi enters the room with the sound of her high heels click clacking on the marble flooring.

“Hi, Yi fan.” She greeted and the secretary left, closing the door. “What do you want?” Kris asked.

She helped herself and sat in front of Kris’s desk, “I see that you don’t have any work to do.” She grinned.

“And what is the purpose of you coming here?” Kris asked straight to the point.

“Grandma and mum called me just now.” She started, “They wanted me to meet them.” She smiled again and take out something out from her purse and hands it out to Kris.

“Mum give me this.” She gives Kris a box, a similar box.

Kris kept silent and gives her his killer stare, “Whose grandma and mum are you talking about? If you’re talking about my grandma and mum, then you’re not allowed to call them that.”

She pouted and slouch her shoulder. “Would you just look at what inside the box?”

Kris bit his lips and opened the box given to him, “Are you kidding me?”

“No, I'm not. Mum asked me to let you know that she wants me as her daughter-in-law. That’s why she gave me her precious necklace that she won’t give it to anyone else except for her daughter-in-law.” She grinned widely.

“I’m the only child and I am not getting married to anyone.” He close back the necklace and push the box back to Yumi, “Go and get out from my office before you get dragged out.”

“But Yifan…” Yumi’s eyebrow lowered in the middle, meaning that she’s angry with Kris but heck, Kris doesn’t give a damn.

“Shut your mouth and get out! Don’t ever remind me again about this!” he bangs the table hard and Yumi stands up straight, heading to the door.

---

 

 

“Next up we have Lee Ara with her certificate of graduation in the course of Interior design!” The teacher announces your name and you went up the stage with a nervous heart. Mr. Principle shake your hands and smile, whispering something into your ear, “Take good care of your son and when he grows up, make sure he come to this school.”

You smiled and bow politely to the Principle. It was hard at first but slowly everyone begin to accept your flaws and mistake and move on to be your classmates, supporting you from behind.

 

‘Phew.” You raised your eyebrow, indicating that you’re relieved and everything turns out to be more greater than you expected.

“Congratulations, Ara. You’ve made it.” Mr. Jung reach his hands out to you and you shake your hands with him, “Thanks to you, Mr. Jung. I wouldn’t be here without your help and support.”

“Any plans after today?” He asked while walking back to his sit after he waits for you to come down the stage.

“Umm… I’m not sure.” You shrugged your shoulder, “It’s not going to be easy now, Ara. You’re an adult, a mum and you hold big responsibility. I hope you won’t just give up when things get worse and hard because you will never know when good things will happen then.” He advised and went to the teacher’s sit and continues applauding for the next batch of students.

 

Graduation ceremony, ended after a long hours of shouting, cheering and applauding for your fellow schoolmates. Everyone was busy talking and discussing about what they will do for the future while you think of something else.

 

“When are you planning to tell him? He has to know sooner or later, Kai.” 

 

Your father’s word from the morning keeps ringing inside your brain when you are supposed to be happy about your graduation.  Hyuna went up to you with smiles on her face, “Going out with the class later?”

You knocked out from your thoughts and bit your lips, not knowing how to answer your close friend, “I don’t think so, Hyuna. I’m so sorry but I have something important to do later.” You put your hand on her shoulder. Yeah, she’s disappointed you couldn’t join the whole class but she understands, “Go ahead then, we can go somewhere together next time. Take care, buddy!” She waved at you and went back with the class.

With a heavy heart, you left the school hall and went down the staircase to get back home.

Your phone vibrates and that means someone is calling you. You’re sure that that call may be from your mum asking when are you going to come back but the number on your screen is not your mum’s number.

Unknown  is calling you. ‘Should I pick it up?’ You asked yourself.

Sliding the phone to the right, you answers the phone, “Hello?” You answered with a question tone in your voice.

Nobody answers but you could hear the background. “Who is this? Why are you calling me?” You said again.

Nobody answers again.

Scared, you press the ‘end’ button and continue your way back home.

---

 

 

“I’m sorry, honey. It seems like I still can’t move on with my life here.” He sighed and covers his face with his palm.

Kris was the one who made the phone call to you. He changed phone. He changed number but one thing has not changed since then, his love for you. He tries to erase you out of his life but nothing helped and nothing happened. He tried so hard to delete and erase all his memory with you but he can’t seem to do it.

He had a hard time to choose whether to delete your number and the pictures taken together with you or not. At last, he transfers all the pictures into his new phone and even set his lockscreen to your picture with him.

“I’m such a jerk.” He cursed himself and throws the phone on the sofa, far from where he is seated.

---

 

 

“Wow, grandma look! It’s a basketball balloon!” Aiden points to the corner of the toy shop which displays all type of balloon.

“Wow, grandma look! It’s spiderman band-aid!” Aiden jumped in excitement and went around exploring with his grandparents.

“Grandma, look! Guns! Shoot shoot!” He took one of the bubble gun off the shelf and pretended to shoot people. “It’s fun, grandma! So many toys.” He dragged the toys word and continue his experiment on the new toys.

“Aiden, listen. Do you remember what we are here for?” Your dad put his hands on Aiden’s shoulder to get Aiden to focus.

“Yes, Aiden remembers. We have to get two cards.” The little boy shows ‘two’ with his fingers and continue, “For omma and Kai hyung.”

“And what does the card has to say on it?” Your dad continue his question.

“Con…” He wanted to say ‘Congratulations on graduating’ but it seems like he forgets.

“Silly boy, it’s ‘Congratulation on graduating!” Your dad ruffled Aiden’s hair and went to the card section.

“That’s what Aiden want to say but Aiden forgot.” He laughed at his own mistake and went to the card section, holding hands with your mum.

 

 

“Done!” Aiden put down the colored markers from his grip and puts the card waving it up in the air, “Look I draw giraffe because giraffe is cute!”

Aiden was excited but turns out both of his grandparents were deep in sleep on both of the sofa. It has been a long time since your parents took care of a young child.

“Hmph, grandma and grandpa is sleeping.” Aiden pout his lips outward and continues to draw another one for Kai.

---

 

 

“Hi.” Kai greeted you once you exit the school gate. He has been waiting for you to come down as soon as he receives his certificate.

“Hi.” You smiled and continue to walk.

“Your mother cooking is delicious. I’m full till now.” Kai rubbed his belly along his eye smile.

“Can I ask you something, Kai?” That question has been stuck inside your head since just now morning. His heart begins to thump in nervousness and he nods his head, “Sure, what is it?”

“You remember what my dad asked you just now?” You asked him immediately, not wanting to wait any longer.

“About what I am going to do after I graduated?” He said with the ‘am-i-right?’ tone.

“I don’t care about that but the other one.”

“Hmm…” He gives a thought for a second, “Oh. When am I going to tell Aiden the truth?”

You turn your head and nod your head continuously at him, “What are you going to do about that?”

Kai bit his tongue and the eyebrow were raised upwards, “I’m not ready yet to tell him I’m his dad. Like, he loves Kris hyung so much and he’s close to me as well. I don’t want to break his heart because we have been lying to him for four years.”

“You’re right. I don’t know what and how I should tell Aiden that. My dad has been asking me the same question for the last few months too. He said that sooner or later, Aiden will know himself if we didn’t tell him and that can cause trouble.” You gulped, “I’m sorry to be bothering you about this. I just don’t know what to do.”

Kai put his hand around your shoulder, “We should stop being sorry towards each other. If we continue like this, nothing will happen nor change. I’ve promised you didn’t I, that I will take care of Aiden and he will be my responsibility?” He said, “We can work this out, Ara.”

You give him a little nod as an answer since nothing comes out from your mouth.

---

 

 

“Should I just tell him? My heart has been aching that I must be the one to tell him.” Your dad discusses this matter with your mum after they woke up.

“But honey, we should wait for the kids. We need to respect their decision.” Your mum holds her husband’s hand to stop him from telling Aiden.

“Alright, I will but they need to tell him now when I’m here. I need to witness this.” Your dad is the type that everything needs to go his way and nothing must go in his way.

Your mum just sighed and tried to call you, noticing you ahead that you should be ready to announce it to Aiden.

---

 

 

The moment was silent and intense. Aiden is the only one excited of the so-called family gathering.

“Omma, look Aiden draw this for you.” Aiden sits beside you and give you his card that he drew for you.

“Thanks, honey.” You fake a smile.

“Hyung, this is for you.” Aiden turns to his other side since he was sitting in the middle of you and Kai and hands the card to Kai.

“Thanks, Aiden.” He too, faked a smile.

“Now is the moment, sweetheart.” Your dad holds your hand, wanting to give you the courage to tell Aiden the truth.

“Honey, if we don’t tell Aiden now, it will be harder in the future. He is at the age that he can understand what you’re saying to him now. You wouldn’t want him to label you as a liar in the future, would you?” Your dad continues to hold your hand, not wanting you to stop halfway.

Aiden keeps looking at you and Kai continuously, then lock his arms with yours, “Omma, wae?”

You touched his cheeks and stares into his eye, “I want to tell you something, honey.”

Aiden nod his head and lean his face forward to you, waiting for you to tell him that something.

Letting out a soft sigh, you look at Kai who is also looking back at you.

Two of your parents looked at you, Kai looks at you plus Aiden too who is looking at you.

Peer pressured, if you can describe it that way.

“Kai hyung….” You paused, “Is your dad. Not Kris appa.” You finally said it.

But Aiden stays still.

“Kai hyung is Aiden hyung.” Aiden said.

You shook your head and put both of your palms on your son’s cheeks, “Honey, Kai is your dad. Omma lied to you since you were young.”

Aiden mouth turns downward and turns his body to Kai, “Really?”

Kai bit his inner mouth and nod.

“Oh.” Aiden said and slouch his shoulder.

“Are you mad at me?” You asked Aiden, caressing his back.

“No, Aiden likes it! Omma, now Aiden has appa.”

You were surprised. Does he really know, what you have just said, meant or is he just thinking that Kai can replace Kris as his dad.

“Do you know what I’m saying?” You turned anxious waiting for his answer.

“Oh, Aiden knows. Kai hyung is Aiden’s dad not Kris appa.”

“Do you really know what that means?” You asked again.

“YES OMMA!” Aiden put both of his hands on your cheeks while giggling.

Your parents smiled proudly and Kai let out a relief sigh, looking at you.

“So Aiden call Kai hyung appa?”

---

 

 

He threw his briefcase on the bed and loosened up his tie, then finally throws himself on the bed.

Kris takes one of his pillows and put on his face with his body spread out like making a snow angel.

 

“Oppa, go and bathe.” He heard a familiar voice.

A voice that sounds like you.

Kris sat up straight away and find that no one is in his room.

 

Because all of that is just a hallucination.