'God gives me you.'

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 39 – 'God gives me you.'

---

 

“Kris.” “Yifan.” Both Kris’s mum and Yumi called him at the same time but he ignored them. Your parents walk over to him and let him in.

“Kris, go and meet Ara inside. She has been behaving like this for the past weeks.” Your mum grabbed his arms and brings him to your room.

Surprisingly, Aiden fall asleep really quick after all the shouting and banging of doors you did. You were hugging your knees on your bed while your face was facing towards the window. The sun has already set and it was night time, a sad chilly night time.

This is too much for you to handle all by yourself at once

 

Kris slowly unlocked the door from outside and came in to see you but you were wondering faraway.

“Honey.” He called you but you couldn’t hear him.

He took a sit beside you on your bed and put one of his arms over your shoulder, pulling you closer to him.

“Babe, don’t be like this. I’m sorry.” Kris apologized. You keep silent.

Imagine a big heavy rock just drop down on you and you couldn’t lift it up, that’s how you were feeling that night.

You sigh and bit your lips hard while a drop of tear roll down painfully from your left eyes.

 


“Babe, I don’t want to go with Yumi. I don’t want to leave you and Aiden. I don’t want freedom. I don’t need any blessing from my family. I don’t care whether or not Aiden is my son. I don’t care all of that. I just want you and Aiden. I want the three of us to be happy but you want to separate from me.” Kris sighed and slowly puts his hand on your head, pushing it gently onto his shoulder.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t know all these could happen. I didn’t know my mum will fly all the way from Canada just to make things worse, babe.” He caressed your hair softly.

“I just want you to know that separation isn’t the way to solve our problems. You’re just forcing yourself aren’t you?” Kris put his cheeks on the top of your head and sighed.

---

 

 

“What’s with the screaming all about, Mrs. Wu?” Your dad asked Kris’s mum.

She picks her bag up and rolled her eyes towards your parents, “Just so you know, your grandson isn’t mine. She had fun with other guys and my son has to take the responsibility even though that kid isn’t his. Teach your daughter some manners first before asking me what happened.” She stomped her feet out and followed by Yumi.

Your dad quickly shuts the door and faces your mum.

“Aiden is not Kris’s son?” He asked.

Since your mum already knew, she nods her head, “But yeobo, isn’t it good that he still wants to take care of Ara? Don’t make our little girl more stress, yeobo. You saw how red her eyes and face was just now.”

He wanted to talk with Kris and you for awhile so he asked your mum to sit down while he goes to your room to call both of you out.

 

Minutes later, you sit beside Kris, facing your head down not wanting to look at anyone.

 

“Ara.” Your dad called you. “Yes, appa?” You looked up with your sore red eyes.

“I want you to tell me the truth.” he said, “Why did you throw the pillow to your mum-in-law just now?”

You bite your lip hard that it feels numb afterwards, “I was just angry at myself.”

“Why?” He asked immediately but you remained silence, not knowing what to answer.

“Kris?” He looks at Kris instead.

“Abeonim, it’s not because of Ara’s fault. A lot of things have happened to her and it’s just that she couldn’t handle it, that’s why she threw the pillow at my mum. My mum and that girl that follows her, has been following us everywhere we go to make sure we go our separate ways.” Kris answered.

“Why does your mum wants you guys to go your own separate ways?” Your dad pinched his eyebrow.

“Well, mainly because Aiden is not my son.” Kris confessed to your dad, finally.

“Oppa.” You look up to Kris with your shock face.

“Ara, keep quiet. I want to know the truth. There are no more hiding secrets from me, you two. Kris, continue.”

“She finds out that Aiden is not my son so that’s why she asked me to leave her because she doesn’t want to have a grandchild that doesn’t have her blood and genes.” Kris explained.

You scratched your itchy head so hard that Kris stops you from continuing it, “Babe, don’t hurt yourself.”

You pulled your hand from him and keep it to yourself.

“And what’s your decision? Do you want to follow your mum request or do you want to stay with my daughter?” Your dad asked.

“I want to stay, abeonim.” Kris immediately answers.

“Ara?” He turns his face to you.

“Oppa, I…” You were speechless.

“I accept whatever choice you two makes. I won’t give any pressure to you guys. Both of you are still young and keeping a marriage life alive this age is hard, kids. Aiden is nearly three years old and sooner or later he will eventually know what’s happening in his family.” Your dad advised.

“You are still schooling,” He points at Kris, “And you are still schooling too.” He points at you.

“I don’t want to pressure the both of you. If you think your choice is right, we’ll accept it. But remember Kris, you have to consider your mum decision too. And maybe she’s right about her not being acceptable about this marriage after finding out Aiden is not her grandson. I’m not forcing you to stay neither do I forced you to leave, Kris.” Your dad said.

“I want to stay, abeonim.” Kris repeats himself.

“Oppa, why are you so stubborn? Why do you want to stay with me the useless girl who keeps giving you problems? Why don’t you just go out there and be the single guy you are?”

You were obviously not thinking deep as you were just letting off the steam in you but Kris, being the good husband, didn’t take it to heart.

Your mum noticed how messed up you was and she quickly helps you to stand and brings you to your room.

---

 

 

 

 

 

It was three in the morning and you were still awake. Your eyes just couldn’t close themselves.

 

 

 

 

 “Oppa, can I ask you something?” You asked him. He smiled and nod, “Sure thing.”

 

 “Do you regret getting married to me at a young age where you should just enjoy your life but you’re here instead taking care of me and my son?” You carefully asked, wanting to know his true feelings.

Kris immediately shook his head, “I didn’t feel any regret in my life after getting married to you. We may be young, Ara , but we will still be parents and get married in the future. Just think that we are a bit advanced than other people.”

“Can I ask you last question?” You asked again. He nods.

“Why are you willing to take care of me and Aiden when you could just leave me out three years ago? Are you doing this because you’re forcing yourself or it’s your choice?” You were insecure about your own feelings.

“Because three years ago, god make me meet a girl at the school garden with a little snake in her hand named Kiki. And now, that girl is my wife. God has given me you, Ara, and never will I give you back to god and leave you alone.” He continued, “Marrying you is my choice, I know we may only know each other for weeks but the feeling whenever I’m with you is different when I’m with other girls. I can sense future with you, which are why I decided to spent all my life with you.”

 

 

‘Because three years ago, god make me meet a girl at the school garden with a little snake in her hand named Kiki. And now, that little girl is my wife. God has given me you, Ara, and never will I give you back to god and leave you alone.’ Those words were playing through your mind all night long.

It seems Kris really do keep his words. He didn’t want to leave you but you were the exact opposite. You thought leaving him will be a great idea so that he will get freedom, single life, free from troubles but then again, Kris was the exact opposite from you.

It is a tough decision that you couldn’t even decide which one to make.

 

Aiden suddenly wakes up in the middle of the night. He stirs in his sleep and he eventually woke up.

He rubbed his eyes and grab your arm, “Omma, thirsty.” He pouted.

“You want juice, Aiden?” You caressed his soft hair.

“Juice.” He said and he reach his hands out so that you could bring him to the kitchen.

You smiled weakly and carry him all the way to the kitchen.

The living room light was off but then you saw a phone screen light on the sofa. You walk over to the sofa with Aiden leaning his head on your shoulder. Kris stayed over. He didn’t go back even after you say those mean words to him.

He saw your shadow and he quickly stands up, “Honey.” He called you.

 

You turned and face him, “Why didn’t you go back?” You whispered loud enough that he could only hear.

“I want to stay with you.” Kris said and walks over to you. He reaches out his hands and grabs Aiden away from you.

“How could you even tell me to separate from you? How can you tell me to have my own freedom when all I want is you and Aiden?” He rocked Aiden slowly that he falls back asleep again.

“Babe, do you know how many times I have repeat myself to you this over and over? Why can’t you just understand me?” Kris said, giving you his stares.

 

You gulped and go on to the kitchen without answering him. You grab Aiden sippy cup and pour fresh cranberry juice in it, “Aiden-uh.” You give the cup to him and he grab it.

“Thank you, omma.” Then, he sips it with his eyes close.

You let Aiden be with Kris and wanted to return to your room quickly but unfortunately, Kris follows. He pushes you gently but quickly in and let himself in.

“Honey, we need to talk.” He on the light and pushes you down the bed to sit.

He puts Aiden at the other side of the bed while he talk things out with you.

 

“I went camping last two weeks and after I came back, you didn’t want to talk to me anymore. I don’t know what I did wrong to you, babe. I didn’t cheat on you, I didn’t lie to you, I didn’t make bad stories about you, I didn’t do anything to you, honey. But why are you doing this to me? Why do you always keep your mouth shut?” He puts both his hands on your shoulder, nudging you to speak up.

“Yeah you didn’t do anything to me but I just want to separate with you. I don’t want to see your mum and that lady to come into my life anymore. I know they hate me and they will continue to hurt me if we are still together. I’m selfish, oppa but this is all for your own good.” You explained your thought.

“And how is separating me and my wife is for my own good?” Kris leaned forward and tilts his head.

“I don’t want to make you into an unfilial son to your mum.” You said.

“If she is a good mum to me and I am being unfilial to her, then you can correct me. But do you even see the way she treats me and our relationship?” Kris asked you again.

You nod.

“Then, how do you expect me to be filial to her?” He asked you again and again.

“Oppa, do you love me that much?” You look into his eyes.

“Yes, I do, honey.” He nod.

“Then, leave me. It’s for your own good. If we are not together, I will not get hurt and you will not get hurt.” Your stubbornness is coming back.

 

 

Aiden who has finish his juice, he puts it on the nightstand beside the table and grab Kris arms, “Appa, sleep here. Aiden sleepy."

Kris followed his order and ignored your stubbornness while he follows what Aiden said.

When Kris starts to lay beside Aiden who laying down at the edge, Aiden stopped him, “Appa, wait. Aiden in middle.” Aiden grab his pillow and soft giraffe and cross over Kris leg to get to the middle of your queen size bed.

“Omma, appa, goodnight.” He grabs your hand too and makes you lay beside him.

Kris was on Aiden’s left, Aiden in the middle while you’re on Aiden’s right.

Aiden is such an angel that it seems like he knows his parents are arguing. He holds Kris and your hands above each other together closely on his stomach while he goes to his dreamland.

Kris took the advantage to hold your hand and gives it a tight squeeze.

“I’ll wait for you to calm yourself down, baby. God gives me you and never will I give him you back.” Then, he closes his eyes and drive himself to sleep.

 

 

Actually, all the things you said about separating are all pretence. Never did you even think about separating from him but it’s just that you have to force yourself to do it and tell him that so that his mum and Yumi will never bother the both of you again.

In your mind, all you’re thinking about is…

‘If I stay with Kris, his mum and that lady will keep bothering us and Kris won’t like it. But if I leave him, they will stop bothering us and Kris will finally be happy back.’

If you’re in love, the happiness of the other person is much more important than yours.

You loved him, your husband, but you want to leave him because all you thought is that your presence will just give him more problems, even if he didn’t complain about it.

---

 

Hehe THANK YOU *bow 90 degrees*