Blood is thicker than water.

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 43 – Blood is thicker than water.

---

 

 

It was finally eight in the morning.

You couldn’t fall asleep for long. The bright sun rays were shining through brightly to the room. Your phone keeps ringing for the past few hours and it never stop for a second. It is from Hyuna.

You didn’t want to answer her.

Sadly, Aiden still couldn’t wake up. Worse, he can be in a coma for god-knows how long.

“Aiden-uh.” You called his name, “Why are you not waking up? Do you not love me?” Your eyes get teary.

“I love you, so please get up. Then, we can play your basketball toys together, huh?” You hold his hands tight.

“Don’t leave me, baby boy. You’re my first one and I can’t imagine if you leave me, Aiden-uh.”

The door of the ward swung open and it was Kris. He slowly walks behind you and put his hands on your shoulder, “Should we get something to eat, babe?”

“What if Aiden wakes up?” You asked, still looking at your son.

“Omma and appa will be here in a few minutes, they can keep a lookout on Aiden. So, please don’t be stubborn and go get something to eat first, alright?” Kris said.

“Aiden don’t want you to get sick if he knows he is the one whose cause you to get sick.” Kris squeezed your shoulder.

---

 

 

Kris puts his veggies on your plate but you didn’t notice it. You keep feeding yourself until you forgot your surroundings.

“Babe.” Kris called you but you didn’t hear him. You wanted to put another spoonful of rice in your mouth but he stops and grabs your hand, “Babe, don’t be like this.”

You looked at him and put down the spoon, still remaining silent.

“You don’t have to talk to me, just please don’t make me worry, honey.” Kris holds your hand.

You didn’t say anything but your tears fall slowly yet painfully.

“I hate my life.” You said, facing down the table top.

“Even when you have me by your side?” Kris said, pulling your chin up to face him.

“Oppa… can I go and see Aiden? I’m not hungry.” You asked him. He nodded and help you up, “Be strong, babe. Let it all out to me and don’t hold it in, okay?” He put his arms over your shoulder and helps you to walk, as you’re quite tired and weak to stand by yourself.

Reached Aiden’s ward, you saw a familiar lady figure.

Han Yumi.

She’s standing outside Aiden’s ward. Kris saw her too and look at you with his shocked face.

He quickly helped you to walk so that he can ask Yumi why she’s here.

“Han Yumi.” He called her, still putting his arms over your shoulder.

She turned behind dramatically and smile, “Hi Yi Fan.”

“I heard that Aiden is in hospital and he is still not awake yet, so I wanted to come and visit him but there are two people inside.” She explained.

“Who told you?” Kris asked coldly. She grinned and chuckled, “I have lots of connection with people you know, Yifan. Here, I bought him some bears and candies so that he can play and eat it when he wakes up.” She gives the basket to you harshly that makes you wobble back a little bit, but luckily there’s Kris to support you.

Then, she walks away but she turned back, “Oh Ara-sshi…” She called you.

“Don’t be selfish and don’t throw that away, okay? I buy that because of the kid, not for you so don’t throw it away. Give it to him when he’s awake.” She chuckled and continues to walk.

You bit your inner lips and look up to Kris, “Oppa, wae?”

He looked angry and you know it. You his cheeks and smile, “Don’t be an angry bird.”

“Babe, I love you but can I talk to that b*tch for awhile? I need to know how she knows about Aiden.” He asked for your permission. You nod and allow him to go, “Go. I’ll wait for you inside.” You smile.

Kris takes the chance to kiss your forehead and then quickly he ran to catch up to Yumi.

You look down on the basket full of candies and small teddy bears, you heart hurts.

---

 

“What? Why do you need to know that? You should be thankful that I want to come and give those gifts to your ‘son’.” She crossed her arms.

“I don’t care if you’re here to visit my son. I want to know how you know my son was admitted to the hospital.” Kris emphasized on the word son.

“Yifan-uh,” She say, “Is it fun living like this? Having a son who is not related to you? Having a wife who you marry out of sympathy? Leaving me hanging the past five years? Is it fun?”

Kris nod, “Yes, it’s fun. And mind you lady, I don’t marry my wife out of sympathy.” He paused then continued, “Oh and yeah, I hope you won’t come and visit anymore.” He said and quickly left to go back to Aiden’s ward.

---

 

 

Your parents left since it’s already in the evening. It is only you, Kris and little Aiden in the ward. Aiden is still stubborn for not wanting to wake up.

Kris went down to grab some food while you stay with Aiden. The doctor said he’s fine and his breathing is fine but he just need some time until the day he will wake up again.

“Aiden-uh, you remember the day when I got married with your dad? You’re in my belly when you’re three months old, you remember that?” You hold his hand, “I remember that.”

You smiled and caressed his hair, “Remember when you were born into this harsh world? You were so tiny and precious that I couldn’t leave your side even for a second.” You smiled.

“And remember you dance to the songs that were played on a music show? I do.” You control your tears.

“So, wake up Aiden-uh. Omma is here with you so don’t leave me and wake up please. I’ll play with you whenever you ask me to. I’ll cook you fried eggs and accompany you to eat. I’ll wake up at the middle of the night just to give you juice. I’ll hold your hand to send you and fetch you to and fro school. I’ll put on your clothes for you after every bath and I will feed you, baby boy. Please…”

Aiden’s tears from his right eyes fall.

You saw the tears and bit your lips till its pale, “You hear me, don’t you?” Your tears fell.

“Wake up, baby boy. I want to hear your giggle again.” You kissed his baby hands and tears keep falling from your eyes.

“Tell me what you want, I’ll give it to you.” You continued, “Just say anything that doesn’t make sense to me and I’ll entertain you.”

“You won’t leave me, will you?” You say again and his tears fall down again.

You painfully smiled and wipe his tears, “You’re my first born child, Aiden. I can’t bear to see you like this.”

The more you look at him, the more emotional you got, “If you’re going to leave this world, tell me. Omma will go with you.” You cried in silence.

Kris was there behind you all the while you were talking to Aiden. He heard everything you say to Aiden but you didn’t realize he was behind. Kris walk behind you and put the bags of food on the table and went behind you, “If Aiden were to take you with him, how about me, babe? How should I leave without my two precious people in my life?” He back hugged you.

“He will wake up, honey. This boy here hears us. He’s just tired of playing being hyper all the while, that’s why he’s still sleeping. He needs to regain all the energy back, right little guy?” He holds Aiden’s hand, and tries to lift your mood up.

“It’s not your fault that he’s in this state, babe.” He hugged you tight and put his head on top of yours.

“He will wake up when his energy is all regained so that he can be hyper all the time later.” He smiled and hugs you even tighter.

“So, Wu Aiden.” He calls Aiden’s name, “Don’t be a naughty boy and make your mum worried sick of you. Wake up as soon as you can so that we can be your parents back.” He take a sit beside you and hold his other hand.

“Omma and appa will always be here, so don’t give up and fight your body to wake up okay? I love you.” Kris kissed Aiden’s cheeks and stare at the precious little angel who is still sleeping.

---

 

 

 

“Kai-sshi.”

Kai left the school gate after school that evening. He heard his name and he quickly look around to see the person who call him.

“You know me?” The lady walks towards him.

“If you guess that I am your friend’s girlfriend years ago, then you’re right. I’m Han Yumi, just in case you forget my name.” She reaches out to Kai but he ignored her.

“What do you want?” Kai said, avoiding eye contact with her.

“You look exactly like Aiden.” She smiled sarcastically. “If Yi Fan is not Aiden’s dad, there’s 101% chance that you’re Aiden’s dad, right?”

Kai stay silent.

“Why do you keep silent?” She walks and stands in front of Kai.

“Because of your son, my boyfriend has to marry the mother of your son.” She said.

Kai burst out of laughter, “What? Do you forget Kris hyung left you five years ago? It’s not because of Aiden that he leaves you. Even before Aiden is created, hyung has already left you. Get your thinking right before accusing an innocent child.”

She grinned, “I advised you to tell the mother of your son to take care of herself and be independence because sooner or later, Yi fan will leave her and come back to me.” She finished her sentence and turn to walk away.

Kai sigh and lean his back on the gate, “It’s all because of me. I’m sorry, Kris hyung. I’m sorry Ara.”

 

 

Hyuna heard all of the conversation Kai had with Yumi. She stands behind the school gate to eaves drops.

When the conversation finished, she slowly walk out and find Kai who is leaning onto the wall, “Kai.”

She called. Kai turned his head and stands up straight, “Oh, Hyuna.”

“You okay, bro?” She asked.

Kai nod and smile a bit, “Yeah.” He look at Hyuna with his widened eyes, “You heard everything?”

“Well, umm yeah but don’t worry I won’t tell anyone.” She ‘zips’ .

 “Thanks.” Kai slightly nod at her and walk off but stops again when Hyuna call his name again.

“Kai, be strong. Every child that is born in this world has a job assigned from god. It may be too early for you as you’re still young, but later in the future, you will have kids too.” Hyuna said,

Kai continue to listen to her. “So don’t blame yourself. Everything that happens has a reason behind it.”

“I don’t want to nag a lot but if you put a long face whenever you meet Ara, she will feel bad too.” She continued.

“Hyuna…” He said. She stopped and look at him, “Do you think I’m a bad guy from the first moment you saw me?”

Hyuna gulped, “I am in no right to judge people, Kai.”

“But seriously, I want to know what people first impression of me is.” Kai said.

“Well, honestly…” She said, “You look scary.”

“That’s all?” He say.

She nod and smile, “Oh, I need to go home now. Maybe I should call Ara to ask her to come school tomorrow.”

Kai quickly take the chance and tell her, “I don’t think Ara will be coming. Aiden met with an accident and he haven’t woke up yet.”

Hyuna jaw dropped and walks forward, “Aiden? When?” Kai explained all the things happened and brings her to the hospital.

---

 

 

You slowly drink the smoothie Kris bought for you while looking intensely at your son.

Kris was snoring away but that doesn’t make you want to go to sleep. You have to be there by Aiden’s side all the time, just in case he wakes up.

The door suddenly opened and you turned behind, finding Hyuna and Kai standing in front of the ward.

“Hyuna…” You called her name and she ran to you giving you her tightest hug, “Why didn’t you inform me about Aiden? I find it through Kai.” She said.

“How is he?” Hyuna take a look at Aiden.

Kai also take a few steps forward and look at the bandage head child.

His son is lying down the hospital bed, still not waking up after a day.

Kai gathers his braveness and touch Aiden’s hand.

 

Miracles happen, don’t they?

 

Aiden’s hand move little by little and his eyes opened.

Kai gasped and call your name, “Ara, he’s awake.”

You quickly look at him and hold his hand, looking into his eyes.

But he said, “Appa.

The touch of Kai’s hand, makes Aiden woke up, finally.