Saranghae

Young daddy, Kris

It was finally Saturday afternoon that you have been waiting for, a day for you to rest without having to go to school.

Aiden was sitting down watching Music Bank, a Korea music show. You were cooking some chicken dish for early dinner.

While sitting on the carpet, Aiden is concentrating his eyes on the television screen and his hands were playing with his basketball soft toys. At that time, Teen Top is having their Miss Right comeback promotion.

Surprisingly, Aiden stands up and dance along with the TEEN TOP member. He even sang along the lyrics even though he has not really learn the proper way to pronounce the words. You stop your work and sat down on the dining chair to watch his actions. When it comes to Changjo solo dance part, he can perfectly follow the moves and you were clapping for him, laughing to yourself.

You take out you camera that was nearby and record it down so that you can show Kris once he reached home. Thinking of Kris, you suddenly feels this gush of feelings coming to you to ask you to call Kris since he hasn’t really call home.

“Hi babe.” He answered quickly. You grinned widely and if you can you would want to jump up and down to show how happy you are when he answers the phone call.

He didn’t give you any chance to reply, “I miss you.”

Your heart melted in seconds and replied back, “I miss you too, Oppa. When are you coming back home?” You asked him.

“That’s a surprise, baby girl. I can’t tell you now.” He answered with a happy and bubbly tone. You were glad he was fine overseas but you’re still curious what happened to his family.

---

 

It is a gloomy, windy, cloudy and rainy weather in Canada. Probably, flight from Canada to Seoul will be delayed.

“Damn it, why can’t you be all sunshine now?” Kris grumbled and sat down his bed. “I’m all set to go back home.” He sighed.

“Kris…” His mum knocked.

“What?” He looked up to his mum.

“Are you still going back to Seoul?” His mum walked in and sat by the edge of his bed.

“Mum, please. Please don’t force me doing the things that I don’t like. I don’t want to get married again because I am already married and have a son.” Kris explained, wanting to cry thinking about you and Aiden.

“How can you prove that Aiden is my grandson? I know you are not the kind of guy who will do that to an underage girl, Kris.” His mum said slowly.

“He is. Aiden is my son.” Kris protected Aiden’s identity.

“I don’t force you to marry another girl but grandma’s choice is perfect. She can cook, wash clothes, tidy up the house, plating flowers…” His mum tried to convince him.

“Then hire a maid that can do everything like that. I don’t want a maid as my wife.  Ara is enough for me, Mum. Please respect my choice as your son.”

“I can respect your decision but me as a daughter has to also respect mum decisions.” She said.

“I don’t care. The doctor says she is getting fine so now I am going to Korea and never going to marry that girl of your mum’s choice.” Kris stands up rudely.

“Kris, it’s either you marry the girl I choose or you divorce your wife!” Suddenly, a sick old lady appears in front of Kris front door.

“Grandma…”

---

 

You decided to stay in your parent’s house for a day and discuss about Aiden’s daycare centre.

“WHAT, LEE ARA? Mind repeating that again?” Your dad spit the coffee out.

“Aiden was kicked out from the daycare. He says that Aiden is a spoiled child and he will always cry when he doesn’t get the things he wants. She even says that Aiden will start a kid’s fight.” You tried to explain with full of detail.

“I don’t think its true right?” Your mum asked.

“Whenever I watch him from afar, he is always alone. He is either with the book I bought him or with the toys he bought to the centre.” You tear up.

“It’s okay, sweetie. This is life and we are supposed to accept challenges. People may judge and hate on you for being a young mum but you have your parent’s respect. Being a young mum is not easy, you know? Thumbs up for you for being able to stand up after falling down and being able to raise up this cute kid here for two years.” Your mum praised you and carries Aiden onto her lap.

“Don’t worry, you can put Aiden with us when you’re schooling. We are the glad grandparents on earth if you let us take care of you son.” Your mum kissed Aiden cheek and he giggled.

“Thanks mum, dad for being there to support me when I have problems.” You cried and hugged your mum.

“That’s what families are for right?” She wiped your tears and wipe her tears too.

---

 

“That is hilarious, Hyuna!” Jihyun laughed loudly and was clapping her hands like a seal lion hearing to Hyuna’s story.

“And guess what, after that hilarious part of the show, suddenly there is a gush of sweetest moment in that movie. Guess what he did to his wife!” Hyuna was excited. You only eat your food, not wanting to join them because somewhat and somehow, you were still awkward with them.

“He said to his wife that, ‘Even though we may not know each other when we get married, I fell in love with you when I first saw you.’” Hyuna squeals like a mouse.

Hyuna was explaining the whole story plot for a new movie called, Finding Love.

The moment you heard about marriage life and husband, your appetite lost in the air and you are not able to eat the remaining food.

You put down you fork and spoon and sighed, ‘Kris, why do I miss you? How nice it will be if you come here and surprise me with your presence.’

You tried to drink your pepsi but it won’t come down your throat for some reason.

---

 

‘This school is freaking huge!’ Kris said in his heart and enters your school. It was strange for him because many girls were looking at him and staring at his beauty. Those girls are pretty but he only sets his eyes for you.

He checks your timetable on your study table and tries to come and surprise you during lunch. So, he come to the canteen but was not able to find you.

Then suddenly a loud laughter fills the air and that caught Kris attention. He look at the ‘attention seeker’ which is Hyuna and he spotted you, your back view.

“Wow, is that my wife? She looks hot from behind.” He smiles to himself and tries to walk in front of you but not letting you see him.

“Great, thanks god. I saw my beautiful wife!” He cheered by himself and walked back behind you.

---

 

You were still thinking about Kris and not being able to eat your food.

“Honey!” A sudden back hug was given to you and you jumped up a little. Your friends stop talking and drop down the cutleries they were holding.

“Kris???” Since he says ‘Honey’, you know it was Kris.

“Yeah, it’s me.” He grinned and you stands up.

“Oh gosh, how did you find me here? What if you hug the wrong girl?” You asked him straightening his shirt.

“Ummm… of course, I know how you looks like. Follow me.” He holds your hands but he stops when he saw your friend’s jaw were dropping.

“Let me borrow your friend here for awhile. And thanks to you who laughed really loud, I can find her here.” Kris laughed and brings you to the school stadium.

---

 

You were so happy that Kris is now back by your side and you didn’t expect things and wishes that you prayed for comes true.

“Thanks Kris.” You lay your head down his right shoulder. “For?”

“For coming back and not leaving me alone.” You said, smiling from an ear to ear.

“I will not leave you and Aiden alone.” He kissed your hair.

“Oppa, I have something to tell you.” You sit up straight and looked at him, “What?” He said.

“Kai went to me the other day and confessed he is the father of Aiden.” You quickly said wanting to know what Kris will say.

“I know. He is the real father. I told him to confess to you one day but I didn’t expect he will confess it this fast.” He continued, “Knowing the kind of person he is, he is not that kind of person who will confess for the wrong thing he did. I’m proud of him, honey.” He smiled, holding tight your hand.

“Saranghae.”