Not a good day

Young daddy, Kris

Chapter 38 – Not a good day.

---

 

“Hyung.” Kai called Kris phone.

Kris is finally allowed to discharge after two weeks of staying in the hospital. He told the doctor and the nurse that he doesn’t want his mum to know about his discharge and they agree with him. He quickly pack his bags and left the ward. His phone rings when he is in the lift and he picks it up.

“Oh Kai. What’s up?” He said.

Over the phone Kai sounded like his not-normal self. He sounds really down, “I’ll wait for you at my workplace since you want to meet me.” Kai said.

Kris nod, “Alright. I’ll be there in thirty minutes.”

---

 

 

“Aiden!” Kris got the chance to pick Aiden up from the childcare center before you did. Aiden saw someone familiar outside the center and he ran immediately to give Kris a hug.

“APPA!” Then, he jumped into Kris’s arms.

Kris gladly hug his back and stand up with Aiden in his arms, “Aww, baby boy. You miss me?”

Aiden nod his head and Kris’s cheeks, “Appa, I got toys today. See.” He let go off his hands off Kris’s neck to show the soft ball.

“Wow, that’s a cool ball. Luckily I got the chance to fetch you first before omma did.” Kris kissed Aiden’s cheek.

Then, they walk away from the center with Kris carrying two years old Aiden. “Aiden-uh.” He called.

The boy looks at his dad and waited for the next sentence.

“I love you.” Kris said and Aiden giggled, “Love you.” He replied.

---

 

Kai has got the permission of his boss to let him on break first since he is meeting Kris in the café he worked in.

He was waiting patiently and looking out the full-height glass window to see if Kris is nearby.

Kai was debating with himself whether or not he should tell Kris your problem or just keep it silence. But on the other hand, he couldn’t let you suffer alone because of Kris and he needs to know it.

To make him not to betray Kris, he was all ready and prepared to Kris your problems.

Minutes later, he saw Kris and Aiden walking towards the café.

Kai smiled at the scene and he opens the café door for them.

“Aiden-uh, look who’s here?” Kris asked Aiden to turn his head.

Aiden turn his head around and shouted, “KAI HYUNG!”

Kris let him down and let the boy run to Kai. Kris only managed to smile at them.

---

 

 

You walk down the lane to go back home after you went to Aiden’s childcare and his teacher said that he’s not there since his dad have picked him up.

“Aiden’s dad?” You thought.

It couldn’t be Kris as he is still in the hospital but Kai…

Then your phone rings. It is Kai’s number.

“Hello…” You answered, “Ara, can you meet me for awhile at my workplace?” Kai asked.

“Oh, is Aiden with you right now?” You asked him, just to make sure.

“Umm… yeah.”

---

 

 

There was someone else sitting with Kai and it seems painfully similar. You enter the café and Kai stands up and walk to you.

He takes your hand to make sure you didn’t run away from the truth. He makes you stand in front of Kris and Aiden who is sitting down.

Your heart beats crazily that it seems like it will explode anytime soon. “Oppa…”

Kris gives his wide ear to ear smile to you and stands up followed by Aiden shouting, “OMMA!”

“Honey.” Kris smiled.

In that matter of second, it seems like a painful family reunion right after all the troubles have come to visit.

Kris grabbed both of your hands and gives you a tight, warm hug. His eyes became teary right when he finally saw you after two long weeks.

“Omma, giraffe.” Aiden interrupt the hug and he shows you his purple giraffe plushie that he got from his teacher that day.

You pick him up and carry him. Kris asked you to sit in front of him while Aiden sits on your lap.

You remained silent the moment you sit in front of Kris.

You wanted to stay away from him but here you are sitting in front of him. Then, Kai came and brought three apple juices for each of you. Aiden quickly grabbed the juice that was for him and drink it.

“Babe, talk to me. Why are you so quiet?” Kris said, reaching out for your hands.

He’s so innocent that it couldn’t make me to tell him the truth. You mumbled inside your heart.

“Babe, are you not happy seeing me out of the hospital?” Kris asked again, raising his eyebrow sympathetically.

You let out a long sigh and look up to him, “Oppa…”

Kris smiled and waits for your next question.

“Let’s go our separate ways.” You gathered your braveness and confidence to let out those 5 words.

Kris’s jaw were starting to drop at your words, “What? Why?”

“Is somebody forcing you?” Kris asked you, gripping your hands not letting you go.

You shook your head, “No. I just…”

“You just what? Babe, this is not a joke. We’re married and going our separate ways will not solve any problems that we have right now.” Kris said with a stern voice.

“But, what’s the use if we’re married but your mum and grandma doesn’t give us their blessings anymore? What’s the use if we’re married and this kid here is not yours? I don’t want to give your any more troubles, oppa. Since I’ve known you, a lot of things happened to me and also you.” you paused, “I love you but I have to leave you and let you have your own freedom.”

Kris’s eyebrows were pinched together while staring his eyeballs at you while you were ranting to him, “I don’t want freedom. I want you and Aiden, that’s all. Who cares if this kid here is not mine? Who cares if my family doesn’t give their blessings anymore? Who cares about freedom?” He said.

“I’ve been waiting for two weeks to get out of the hospital anticipating to see you and Aiden but now…” He continued, “You’re asking me to leave the both of you just like that?”

Aiden being the innocent child there, he breaks the tension between you and Kris.

“Omma, juice. You want drink?” Aiden grab the apple juice and asks you to drink.

You shook your head while putting your head facing down, “No, Aiden. You drink.”

“Yey, Aiden likes apple juice.” Aiden smiled and drink your apple juice instead.

Kris couldn’t take a look at Aiden anymore that he stands up and push the chair out, exiting the café after that.

---

 

 

“TELL ME!” Kris shouted and he bangs the wooden table in his living room.

Twenty minutes ago…

After what you said about Aiden not being his son and that his family knows, Kris turns curious on how in the world does his family know at the first place without you or him?

When he is still in the café, he finally realized that something was wrong. First, how does his mum have the DNA letter? Second, how does she know about his relationship with Aiden?

Weird.

So, he decided to flag down a taxi and cab down to his own apartment to see his group of friends.

Reached, he quickly ask all the members to gather at his living room, ignoring the questions about his discharge and his health.

”TELL ME!” He punched the wooden table, not caring about his injured hands.

“Yi fan.” Lay tried to calm him down but instead, he earns a glare from Kris, “Don’t call me Yi fan.”

Everyone knows how crazy and hot-tempered Kris can be when he is really mad about something that he cares. For three years, that side of Kris has disappeared but it came back.

The whole members kept quiet. Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew they were in trouble as they are the one who met up with Yumi the last few months.

Chanyeol bit his lips and he just managed to look down.

“Seriously, I know I can be a good friend but I can’t keep calm if this involves me, my life. it has been months since this happens, but guys…” he paused.

“I just realized. How in the world does my mum have the DNA letter when she thought Aiden is my son? Don’t you guys find it funny?” Kris said, eyeing each and one of the members.

“I don’t have any friends in my life except for the eleven of you. I don’t know anyone else except for you guys. So please, tell me.” Kris begged. It is not an everyday thing to see when Kris’s eyes were teary and he even begged to the members.

“Fine, just keep the silence alright. It was such a bad idea for me to come all the way here from home.” Kris stood up with his bag and left the house with a loud bang.

---

 

 

“Ara, why did you say that?” Kai heard your conversation with Kris and he immediately ran to you when Kris left.

“Kai, you don’t understand.” You cried.

“I do. Tell me the reason. He loves you and you loves him, so why the sudden separation that you want?” Kai was concerned.

“Kai…” You say his name.

He looked at you and waited for your next sentence.

“Don’t you feel pathetic?” You let it all out.

“Pathetic?”

“Yeah, you see. You didn’t take the responsibility about Aiden. You let your own buddy take your responsibility. You have the cheek to ask why I want to separate with Kris and you have the cheek to get close with Aiden when you didn’t want him at the first place. Do you know how messed up my life is right now?!” You shouted.

Yeah, you’re stressed because everything is happening at once. It but you just have to let it all out instead of keeping your mouth shut.

“I hate when you get close to me like as if you owe nothing to me. I hate when you act like you’re taking care of Aiden. I hate you.” You sobbed and stand up.

“I don’t want to see your face anymore.” Then, you quickly exit the café with sleeping Aiden in your arms.

---

 

 

Two hours later, you refused to go out from your room. Your parents keep convincing you to come out from your room but you ignored them. Aiden was left outside in the living room while you staying inside your room wanting to calm yourself down but lady luck was not by you side.

“Ara-ya, come out for awhile. Someone is here to see you.”

 “I don’t want to see that someone.” You shouted back, covering your face with your pillow.

“Don’t be like this, please.” Your mum begged.

You scrunched your hair and stand up immediately, “AH!”

You unlocked the door in frustration and your parents could definitely tell you’re stress.

“Who?” You face your mum.

She stays silent but grabs your hand tight and brings you to the living room.

It was Kris’s mum and Yumi.

Damn it!

 

Yumi was playing with Aiden as if she likes him. Aiden in the other hand just play with his toys, ignoring her. Kris’s mum was sitting down the sofa waiting for your arrival.

When you and your parents came in the living room, she smiled. “Aww, my daughter is here.”

Shut your dirty mouth up! You cursed mentally.

“Why is your hair so messy and your face so grumpy, darling?” She touched your cheeks. Yumi ears perked up and look up at you, then bursting in laughter.

What’s so funny, ?

You tried to maintain your real self and sat beside her and your parents.

“Why are you here?” You asked.

“Wow, is that the way for you to greet your mother-in-law?” She smiled sarcastically. She knew by the look s on your face, you hate her. That’s why she is being sarcastic, just to make you hate her more.

Your mum pinched your thigh to warn you your manners.

 

 

On the other side of the living room, Aiden is getting uncomfortable with the presence of Yumi beside him. He cried out loud hugging his purple giraffe and ran to you. “Omma.” He cried and sobs at the same time.

You pick him up and let him sit on your lap, comforting him not to cry because of the evil lady.

“Don’t cry, baby.” You kissed the top of his head.

“Aww, my poor baby boy is crying huh?” Kris’s mum touched Aiden’s cheek and he cries more.

Tsk, get to your point old woman. I don’t have the whole night to entertain your act.

“Omma, can you put Aiden in my room? I don’t want him to cry anymore.” You asked your mum for help.

Your parents put Aiden to sleep while you are sitting in the living room with the two ladies that you hate the most. Once your parents left the living room, Yumi started talking.

“First of all, I want to know whether or not Kris is with you right now.” Yumi asked.

“Nope. Shout all you want, he is not here.” You said, reminding yourself to calm down.

“Okay fair enough, second, I want you to leave him.” She said straight-forwardly.

If there’s a sound in your heart, you can definitely hear the broken ceramic plate noise.

You kept silence.

“Answer me, girl.” Yumi said with a rough tone right now.

“I did. Now, stop bothering me and my family. Don’t come here just because of Kris because Kris has nothing to do with me anymore! GO AND TAKE HIM BACK!” You shouted at the both of them.

It seems like today is not a good day for you.

“Take him. Take him away from me. His yours and you want him right?! Go ahead! STUPID!” You throw the pillow at them and ran to your room.

“Ya, Ara. What happened?” Your parents ran out of your room after putting Aiden to sleep when they heard you screaming.

Your eyes were sore red and they know you didn’t want to talk about it. You slam the door loud, ignoring the fact that Aiden is asleep.

Your parents went running to the living room and find someone else was there in the room.

 

Kris came.

 

He came to see you but instead he saw Yumi and his mum in your living room.

Everybody stood shocked at the things that happened.

 

 

----

 

HOLLA 10000+ views ROLLED IN!! XD

Thank you for the comments saying that this pace is alright.

*ehem ehem* drama *cough* is *ehem ehem* coming *cough*

Thanks for all the comments, new subscribers and votes that I got for the previous update.

Keep it rolling readers <3

Lovey dovey, I love you :D

Oh and comment down below to share me your thoughts about this story or chapter ^^