CHAPTER 61

GUY WIFE (better with you)





Author's Note:     Clarifications for the new readers. __________ is a freelance lyricist and composer, meaning she's not required to submit songs with deadline. __________ and Luhan's marriage was fake. __________ accidentaly heard her parents talking to Mr. Xi on the phone. I think it's on chapter 8 or 9.



 





Few hours before __________ and Byunghee left for Canada.


"Umma, appa don't worry. I can take care of myself, plus I'll be staying at Byunghee oppa's place. He'll take good care of me." __________ assured as she hugged her mother, who was on the verge of crying.

"Can't we do anything to change your mind, honey?" __________'s mother hopefully asked as she broke the hug and cupped __________'s hands.

__________ sigh, "Umma, you know I have to be far for a while." she said.


__________'s mother wiped her tears and slowly nodded. "I understand. I'll give my blessings. I know you're an independent and strong person but still be carefull, arraso. Don't forget to call us every day and please eat. You look thin." __________'s mother said and scanned her.

__________ chuckled and playfully saluted. "Aye, aye ma'am." She then turned to her father and walked towards him. "Appa, I'll be fine. Trust me." she sincerely said and hugged him.

Although __________ didn't have a great childhood with her parents, she loves them. When her grandfather told them to pay more to her, to their child, they did. They give her love and attention.


"__________, my daughter." her father softly called as he hugged her back. "I'm sorry, we did that." he whispered.

__________ almost cried with that, "It's okay appa. I forgive you." and soothed her father's back. Her mother neared them and together they hugged each other.


"Appa, this is your fault. I wasn't suppose to cry. I'm not going to stay there forever." __________ childishly whined as they broke the hug and wiped her tears.


"I'm sorry honey. Appa is just getting old and sentimental." Mr. Kim said and chuckled.

"You're right, appa. I can see the grey hair." __________ joked with her poker face, pointing somewhere on her father's hair.


Mr. Kim gasped, "I have?"


"You don't, hon. You're daughter was joking." Mrs. Kim laughed with __________.

"Appa, I got you there." __________ added. Mr. Kim laughed and ruffled his daughter's hair.


"I can see a family bonding here." Byunghee said with a smile as he entered Kim's residence and seeing them happily talking.

"Byunghee" Mrs. Kim called, smiling and urging him to come over.

"Aunte, Uncle" Byunghee called and hugged the two elders.


"I'm expecting you to take good care of our daughter." Mr. Kim said and placed a hand on Byunghee's shoulder. He knew Byunghee would take care of his daughter without telling him. He is sure of that.

"Uncle, you know I always do." Byunghee sincerely said.

"Okay, I'm giving my blessings." Mr. Kim approved.

__________ chuckled, "Appa is really getting old. Being sentimental and dramatic." They laughed at __________'s remark.

"Appa, umma," __________ called and faced them. "oppa is here to fetch me. We need to go somewhere afore we leave for Canada."

"Oh be careful then. I'm sorry we can't send you guys to the airport." Mrs. Kim apologized.

"That's alright. Bye umma, appa." __________ kissed her parents' cheeks.




 




Earlier that day.


"__________, why do you keep on messing up my mind?" Luhan frustratedly questioned while facing a bottle of soju. It was noon and instead of eating lunch, Luhan was drinking soju. Thoughts of __________ and questions have been occupying his mind for the passed days. He was confused and worried...


and it was all because of __________. Since that day he saw that Byunghee guy at the university, hugging __________, he had never seen __________ then. The hardest part was his worries never subsided when Byunghee told him that __________ is not with him. Luhan mostly spent his time at their house (marriage house) anticipating for __________ to come home but unfortunately she did not. He went to __________'s parents' house secretly and asked one of the maids if __________ was there or if she goes home there but same thing happened. Luhan was afraid and shy to ask his friends for any of __________'s whereabouts and they seemed not to know also.


Luhan finished his fifth bottle and looked at his other hand that wasn't holding soju. He was holding a scarf. It was the same scarf __________ used to keep him warm at that night when he saw her outside the hotel during Kris's birthday.

"__________" he mumbled doze off.


 


 





Suho was in his room after having lunch alone since his parents was at work when his phone suddenly rings. It was from Luhan.


"Yeoboseyo? Luhan hyung?" Suho answered, answering the call.

"This is not Luhan but I think you're his friend. He's drunk. Can you come and pick him up?" A guy's voice said from the other line.

"Neh, where should I get him?" Suho asked. The guy told him the place. Suho listened and mentally take note.

*Aish why did hyung drink? And it's freaking noon.* Suho sighed. After he ended the call, he immediately went out of the house and drived to the said place.

Soon after, Suho reached the place and found Luhan almost hugging the table that filled with bottles of soju.

"Hyung" Suho called and shooked Luhan. Luhan slightly moved but didn't woke up. Suho sighed. He took Luhan's phone and assisted his hyung to stand. He had trouble assisting Luhan to his car but he succeeded anyway. Just when Suho was about to enter his car, a guy called him.

"Sir, you forgot this." The guy handed Suho the scarf, Luhan was staring earlier.

"Thank you" Suho accepted the scarf and entered his car.

Soon they reached Suho's house. Suho assisted Luhan to his house and layed him on the bed in their guest room. His phone beeped as he placed Luhan's phone on the side table.


A video message from __________. Suho looked at his hyung and exited the room before opening the message.


To: Suho appa
From: __________

         Annyeonghaseyo. I'm sorry I haven't talk to you guys but could you meet me later at **********, 5 pm. I hope to see all of you guys. I miss you all.



Suho looked at his watch. 1:09 pm, it reads.

*Still hours before we meet __________. Should I tell Luhan hyung?* Suho thought, contemplating whether to tell Luhan or not.



 





All of EXO except for Luhan received the video message and they all gathered at the meeting place. Kris arrived yesterday. He had been trying to contact __________ but failed. So when he received the video message from __________, all he wanted to do was to pull the time so it would be 5 in the afternoon. Suho decided not to tell Luhan and let him sleep in their guest room.


Outside the restaurant which was there meeting place, __________ and Byunghee arrived.


"Oppa, palli. I really wanted see them again." __________ excitedly said, making hand gestures to make Byunghee move faster. She exited the car first and waited for Byunghee.

"Aish my impatient princess. Go and find your friends. I'll follow after I properly park this car." Byunghee said while playfully shoo-ing. __________ didn't think twice and entered the restaurant, leaving Byunghee behind.

Byunghee gaped, "Looked at that girl. I was just joking and she really left me." he said and chuckled. He finally parked the car and followed __________ inside the cafe.


"SEHUNNIE, PANDA" __________ hollered as she run to the maknaes who were sitting beside their hyungs.

Sehun immediately turn his head to __________'s direction. "NOONA" he happily called and stood up, planning on welcoming __________ with his hug. Sehun retreated his welcoming arms back to his sides when he saw a taller, manlier and muscular figure walking behind __________. All EXO wanted to greet __________ but they stiffened as they saw the unknown guy.

"Byunghee hyung" They heard Kai mumbled. All of the boys looked at Byunghee.


*So this is the only guy that __________ called oppa.* Kris thought.

*So he is the guy Gongchan told us.* Chen thought.

*Sehun, Tao and Kai were right, he looks intimidating.* Chanyeol thought.

*Hyung, you've got yourself a tough competition.* Suho thought.

*What is he doing here?* The rest of them thought.



"Hey, are you guys mad at me?" __________ said, snapping them all back to reality.

*Act normal chanyenl* Chanyeol thought. "No, we miss you." he beamed and was about to hug __________ when Byunghee pulled her back and hide her to his back.


"Oppa, you're already here." __________ muttered, looking at Byunghee.

Byunghee looked back and scoffed, "Obviously" he retorted.


"Aish oppa, I thought they're mad at me. Stop intimidating them." __________ whined and playfully pushed Byunghee aside. _________ went to Chanyeol and hugged him. Soon, she hugged everyone.

"Okay done with hugging. You come here." Byunghee said, pulling __________ back to his side and they all sit. Byunghee wasn't used seeing __________ hugging a lot of boys and his protective instinct is kicking.

__________ chuckled. She knew her oppa was getting way too over protective again. "Guys, I want you to meet Jung Byunghee oppa. Oppa these are my friends. You can call oppa, hyung since he's older than all of you. Right oppa?" __________ introduced and looked at Byunghee with puppy eyes.


*How could I resist that?* Byunghee mentally sigh and nodded in agreement.

Starting from Sehun, all EXO introduced themselves and they began to feel more comfortable with Byunghee's presense. He just look intimidating but he's actually funny and childish. He kept on talking about __________'s childhood days. __________ would blush from time to time, knowing she could not stop Byunghee from telling her childhood secrets to the guys. Byunghee had this habit of not getting tired if the topic is about __________. Ask him about __________ and he would willing tell it all.


"__________, why did you suddenly want to meet us?" Kris asked, who was sitting across __________. __________ was silent and it caught all of their attention. Byunghee stopped telling stories too.

"Promise not to get mad at me first." __________ looked at EXO and they all nodded. __________ sigh, "I'm leaving to Canada later."


"BWOH?" Chanyeol said a loud in shock.

"Noona, are you mad at us? We just united and you're leaving us that fast." Sehun said and was about to cry.

"Oh no Sehun don't cry. I'm not mad. I'm just going to stay there for awhile." __________ explained, feeling guilty of making the maknae.

"But why do you have to go to Canada?" Lay asked. He knew it was harsh to asked that question. __________ could go to any place she want but why Canada? Why does it have to be so far?

"I just wanted to be in a different environment. I hope you all understand." __________ said.

"Noona, are you still coming back?" D.O. asked, hoping __________ to say yes.

__________ was silent for a moment and slowly nodded her head. __________'s answer didn't assured them but they stayed silent and let her do what she wanted.


"__________, can I talk to you privately for a second?" Suho said and stood up. __________ nodded and they walked to make a distance from the others. They occupied the empty table that was exactly three tables away from the others.


"__________, I know your decision is connected to Luhan hyung and I'm not talking to you privately to stop you from going. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to see hyung before you left?" Suho directly asked. __________ was silent. Does she want to see Luhan before she left?

"Hyung was drunk when I left him at home..."

"What? Why was he drunk? Is he okay?" __________ panicked and worriedly asked.

"He's okay, so do you want to see him?" Suho asked again. _________ slowly nodded and they went back to tell the others that they were going to Suho's house. They all got up and decided to follow Suho and __________.





At Suho's House


All the boys including Byunghee remained at the living room, letting __________ the only to go to the living room. __________ slowly opened the door and peeked her head inside. Luhan was still sleeping. Without making any noise, __________ went beside the sleeping Luhan.


"Luhan," __________ whispered his name and lightly brushed his bangs aside. Luhan moved and __________ immediately retreated her hand. Fortunately Luhan didn't wake up. __________ stared at Luhan's face as if she's memorizing every feature Luhan's face have.


"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about our fake marriage. It was the only way I thought that I could be with you, thinking that you're mine." She paused sigh then a small sincere smile appeared on her face. "Though it has not been a year, I enjoyed every day with you. I'll never regret falling for you but I'm gonna leave you for awhile. I hope you take good care of yourself while I'm gone." __________ caressed Luhan's cheek and stood up. She took off their wedding ring and placed it on the side table. She looked back at Luhan.


"I love you, Luhan. I hope you won't get mad at me for this." __________ whispered and leaned in to kiss Luhan's lips. Their first kiss. __________ blushed, feeling embarassed and with that she left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________

I'm sooooooo sorry... i just updated...