CHAPTER 51

GUY WIFE (better with you)





Luhan was driving aimlessly around the busy city of Seoul. Unknowingly, he drive himself near the Han River. He slowed down and finally put his car into full stop. He was processing everything and every words that Suho said to him three nights ago. He pulled out his phone from his pocket.


*Was I too much?* Luhan asked himself as he stared at his phone. It's not Eunji's picture he was staring. It __________'s picture on his screen.



 

 

 


FLASHBACK


Knock. Knock. Knock.

Luhan heard knocks coming from the door of his room, Suho's guest room to be exact. Luhan scrummbled out of the bed and went to open the door.


"Hey hyung, can I talk to you?" Suho said.

"Err... yeah sure, come in." Luhan said and somehow he felt uneasy. Suho sit on the mini couch placed at the corner of the room while Luhan sit on the edge of the bed. "What is it?" He took the courage to ask.

"Hyung don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm complaining that you stay here for almost a week but don't you think you should go home. I can see that is too worried about you not going home." Suho calmly said.

Luhan was silent for a while but then murmured, "You don't know what happened."

Although it was a murmur Suho was able to hear it. *I know hyung. I know.* He thought and inwardly sigh.

"Why hyung? What happened?" Suho still asked even though he already knew everything. What he wanted was for his Luhan hyung to open up.

Luhan sigh. He remembered telling Suho that he would tell him the reason for his stay in at Suho's house.

"I..." Luhan then decided to tell Suho everything. Suho listened intently, not wanting to leave any of Luhan's side of story unheard. As Suho listened Luhan's side of story, he knew it wasn't different from what Lay told them. He understand Luhan's reaction. It was understandable.

"I mean I have every right to be angry, right? Suho, I trusted her but then she decided to kept that very important information from me." Luhan stated in a matter-of-fact tone. He was angry but at the same time he felt guilty towards __________ and he doesn't figure out why. He thought __________ deserve his anger because of what she did.


*I understand you hyung but I sympathized __________. Her obvious feelings is oblivious to you.* Suho thought. He thought it was right for Luhan to be angry but to not go home and make __________ worry is too much.


"I understand you hyung and I agree that you have the right to feel angry but isn't it too much for you not to go home when you know and you can see how worried is __________ about you?" Suho said, trying to enlighten Luhan. He sigh and continued, "Hyung, __________ is a friend of Lay too and even if she wanted to tell you, I know she wouldn't. It wasn't her place to tell that thing to you. I, myself would do the same. I mean just think about the possibilities if she told you about it. It will only ruin your relationship with Eunji and possibly to Lay and _________ too. Lay and __________ are thoughtful and brave enough not to tell you for the sake of your happiness." Suho ended and took a deep breath in and sigh.

*And __________ love you too much that she's secretly hurting herself just to make you happy hyung.* Suho wanted to add so badly.


Luhan was silent. He knew Suho was right and at that moment he realized why he felt guilty. "I've been a jerk huh?" Luhan muttered to himself.

"No hyung, you were hurt." Suho comforted even though he knew that the question wasn't exactly addressed to him but to Luhan himself.

Luhan sigh and looked at Suho, "Thank you Suho for listening and for your time." He said, gratefully.


"So are you going home now?" Suho hopefully inquired, silently praying and hoping that Luhan would decide to go home and patch things up with __________.

"Can I stay here for a while? I'll try to thinks things over." Luhan said, much to Suho's dismay but he nodded and went out of the room to give Luhan the space and time that he wants.


END OF FLASHBACK


 



"__________ miane." Luhan mumbled as he finally have decided to go home. What Suho didn't know is that for more than a week that he stayed at his house, he had been sneaking out every night except for last night. Every night that he sneak out he would go to their house, not inside but outside to make sure no one would harm __________. He have that feeling that no matter how angry he was, __________ would still be his responsibility.


Luhan ignited his car and started driving, driving home but before that he made a stop over at the pastry shop the he went when he first bought __________ brownies. After purchasing a box of brownies, he drive straight to their house.



 



 


Night.

__________ was again staring at the clock on the table while she was sitting on the couch. It was the eleventh night that Luhan wasn't home. As __________ stared at the ticking clock her eyes slowly shut down and her body ungracefully fell to the couch. She feel asleep due to tiredness, fatigue, worry and lack of energy in her body.


 

 


 



Luhan arrived at their house. Slowly he parked his car and quietly went inside their house with the use of his spare key and the box of brownies on his other hand. Luckily their door doesn't make a creaking sound or his arrival would be known. He wanted to surprise __________. Luhan looked around the house that he hadn't been in for a while. It was the same as the way he left but this time it was awfully quiet. Before the house would be quite noisy because __________ doings. She would either compose songs with the use of her guitar, play the songs on the radio or simply watch the TV. He was about to pass the living when his eyes caught a laying figure on the couch. He went towards that figure and looked down at her. It was __________.

Luhan sat on the free space of the couch that __________ was laying. He brushed the hair away that lingered on her face.


"Yah what have you been eating this passed few days to make you this skinny? Or are you even eating?" Luhan quietly nagged. He felt guilty for not going home. His glanced at the table. There was a clock that wasn't there the last time and beside it was a half eaten instant cup noodles.


*Don't tell she's been eating instant cup noodles for the passed days?* Luhan thought as he gazed back at the sleeping __________.

"__________" Luhan called as he tucked __________'s hair. He stood up and went to his room to get a blanket. He was shocked to see his room fixed. His bed was tidied. The things he threw were back on their rightful places, over all the room was neat and clean. He sigh, another pang of guilt strike his heart and conscience. He grabbed his blanket and pillow and brought it down with him downstairs. He went towards __________ and carefully lifted her head to slipped under the pillow. After he successfully place the pillow under __________'s head, he then tucked her in his blanket. He then stood up and went to the kitchen and cook real food for __________.



 

 


 



__________ stirred from her sleep due to the rumbling coming from somewhere. The blanket fell to __________'s lap as she slowly sit up.


"Where did I get this? I never..." __________ stopped mumbling as she noticed the blanket. It's Luhan's. She frantically looked around when she suddenly heard sounds coming from the kitchen. She shoot up from the couch and dashed to the kitchen.


"Luhan" __________ softly called as her tears started to well up.

Luhan turned around as he heard his name called and saw __________ standing not too far. "Hubby take a seat. I'm gonna finish cooking our dinner in any minute." Luhan said with a smile.

"Miane Luhan, miane" __________ kept on uttering as she crouched down and cried. She can't hold back her tears. She was happy that she saw Luhan again and that he was perfectly fine. All those sleepless nights that she cried and waited for Luhan was over. He came back. Luhan came back.

Luhan got startled and worried at __________'s outburst. He quickly turned off the fire of the stove and neared __________. He crouch down to her level.

"__________" Luhan started and __________ immediately looked up and started saying the word sorry. Luhan's heart broke at the sight.

"Hubby, don't cry. I'm sorry too. I know I shouldn't put all the blame on you." Luhan said as he wiped the tears that streamed down on __________'s cheeks.

__________ calmed down and helped Luhan wiped her tears. "Am... Am I forgiven?" _________ hopefully asked.

"NO" Luhan quickly chortled with a smirk.

"B- but..." __________ stuttered.

"No... If you stay like that and let our dinner get cold. Now bring your up there and eat with me." Luhan playfully threatened. __________ suddenly jolted up and went to her usual seat, startling Luhan. He looked at her incredously.

"Luhan what are you standing there? Lets eat so you can forgive me already." _________ said as she motioned Luhan to come over.

Luhan chuckled and stood up. He went near the stove and transfered their food from the caserole to a bowl. He carefully lifted it and placed it on the table. Luhan was about to get the plates and other utensils when __________ beats him to it.

"I'll do it!" She happily volunteered. She organizely placed the plates and other utensils on the table and went back to her seat.

"Lets eat." Luhan cheered after he took off his apron and hanged it near the fridge. They dig in to their food.

"OH MY GAAAHH LUHAN THIS IS AWESOME... DAEBAK! What's the name of this food?" __________ exclaimed after a mouthful of food. She put down her spoon and fork and held out her two thumbs up, like she always do when Luhan cooked for him which is almost every day.

Luhan chuckled but still answered  __________'s question, "It's called samgyeopsal."

"What? Sam... Samnyeop... What?" __________ tried to say in between chewing but failed.

"Samgyeopsal" Luhan corrected while chuckling.

"Aish whatever..."  __________ said as she waved the matter off. She swallowed the food in and stared at Luhan.

"Why are looking at me like that?" Luhan asked in discomfort at  __________'s intense stare.

"Luhan, I'm truely sorry. I didn't mean to hide it from you. It's just that I'm not in the position to tell you about that."  __________ stood and apologetically bowed.

"I understand and I forgive you so stop bowing." Luhan said as he ushered  __________ to stop bowing and continue to eat.  __________ followed but she did not eat and stared at Luhan.


"What's with the stare this time?" Luhan asked, weirded at  __________'s actions.

"Nothing. I missed this."  __________ replied with a sincere smile and went back on eating. Luhan was taken aback by that remark but then he soften.


*I miss this too.* Luhan thought. He didn't say anything but he nodded and smiled.




________________________________________________
Annyeong, I am really for the late update...

But I updated now. I hope everyone would like this chapter.


Thanks for the comments and subbies and silent readers.