CHAPTER 36

GUY WIFE (better with you)

 

"Do you think the crowd would be the same as last year?" Baekhyun curiously asked to no one in particular. Kris just gave each of them an invitation for his birthday but he had to leave immediately because of some of important reasons related to the business-birthday celebration.

 

"What do you mean crowd?" __________ inquired.

 

"As we all know, Kris hyung is the only son and heir of the Wu Corporation. Surely hyung's parent would throw another extravagant party that would be attended by a lot of business tycoons. I heard they would be opening a new beach resort and hotel. I guess it would be the venue of the celebration, you know in a way to promote their new established hotel." Kai stated. He's tone was almost business-like. It wasn't a question though since he's also taking up a business course, most of them are. __________ implausibly looked at Kai on how he knows so much. Young but knowledgeable.

 

"I guess we should expect and prepare for the crowd. It's a two-part one day celebration." Suho said in a matter-of-fact as he scanned the invitation.

 

He was right. The celebration has two themes: formal and beach. The invitation indicated that the morning part of the celebration would be formal and in the late afternoon would have the beach theme. __________ concluded that the morning would be more of business and less in the afternoon. Kris also told them to pack 3 to 4 sets of clothing making sure that one set is formal and the other is beach related clothes. The formal is expected but packing three or more clothing caught their curiosity. Kris also told them that they could stay in the hotel for the night if they wanted to. They didn't need to think too much, the answer was crystal clear, they would stay in for the night.

 

__________ was getting excited with the thought of going to the beach and more over spending time with EXO. It sure would be fun but all her excitement drained as like those lands in the deserts that dried and cracked.

 

"Luhan hyung is going with Eunji noona, right?" Sehun innocently asked, not knowing and unintentionally made one of his friends being face-slapped with the cruel reality of her unrequited love. __________.

 

Chanyeol, D.O., Chen and Baekhyun almost literally facepalmed on how their maknae could be insensible sometimes. How careless he was to touch a sensitive subject? They know Sehun and Tao is an exception, although Kai is younger than Tao, Kai thinks maturely than the other two. Kai silently nudge Sehun, making the latter stare at him with a puzzled look. Kai motioned him to zip his mouth, though confused with the sudden instruction Sehun did as told.

 

__________ on the other hand didn't notice the worried faces of the people around her. She zone-out.

*Sehun was right. Of course Luhan would be with Eunji. She is his girlfriend. It was right... it was logical.*

 

"Shorty, you want to eat brownies with ice cream?" Chanyeol suddenly offered that made __________ snap back to reality. She smiled and nodded. She could use some distraction at the moment.

 

"Let’s go then." Chanyeol happily beamed and did a fist pump. The mood brightened, thanks to the happy virus. Everyone laughed at Chanyeol's childish act except for __________ who just smiled. Chanyeol was contented with that at least he made her smile.

 

"You do know what you said earlier, right yeollie?" Baekhyun, sitting beside Chanyeol, asked while suppressing his laugh. Chanyeol took a minute to answer but nodded.

 

"Weeh for the first time I'll taste and eat the food you will buy with your own money." Baekhyun excitedly squealed, hi-fiving Kai and Sehun. Chanyeol wasn't strict on releasing money it's just that he rarely treats everyone out to eat, unlike to Suho, Kris and sometimes Luhan who are the frequent financer of their food trips. His friends could count the times with their hands. Chanyeol was the type that uses aegyo and a lot of pleading to get what he wants, especially food.

 

"BWOAH?! I'm not treating all of you. I only ask shorty." Chanyeol exclaimed rather loudly. He inched towards __________ and grabbed her by the shoulder, closer to him. Baekhyun frowned and pouted. __________ giggled at their cute disappointed reactions even Suho was a bit frowning.

 

When Chanyeol wasn't looking at __________'s direction, she mouthed some words to Baekhyun that the latter understand. He whispered it to the others and all together they made a mental countdown...

 

*1... 2... 3...*

 

"Aegyo attack" They all yelled except for Kris, Luhan and Lay who wasn't there. Tsk Luhan and Lay is missing a lot while Kris just missed a few. Baekhyun and __________ used their puppy eyes, Tao and Sehun did their cutest buing buing, Xiumin plead with his puffed cheeks and D.O. with blinking wide eyes, Chen and Kai awkwardly placed their hands near their faces in an aim to make buing buing but failed and Suho, last but not the least, Suho did... NOTHING. Once again folks, Nothing. Suho was too shy to show any aegyo he has if any to his dongsaeng.

 

Chanyeol's reaction was epic. He literally fell on his seat with the aegyo attack. Luckily his fall wasn't that bad.

 

"WOAH," Chanyeol frantically shook his arm in front of his friend's faces, "Ara, ara... I'll treat everyone just don't do that all aegyo at the same time." He clenched his chest as if he just had a massive heart attack. Everyone hurray-ed and laughed at Chanyeol's defeat.

 

 


 

 

__________ was the only one left in their house. It was Kris's birthday. She was all set. Luhan politely asked her to come along with him during their breakfast but she declined. She knew she'd hurt seeing them sweetly together later and she was not planning on hurting herself more by seeing them together immediately. It was past an hour when Luhan went out to fetch Eunji. __________ busied herself staring at her wedding ring.

 

*Luhan, my husband, the husband I couldn't call my own.* __________ sadly thought and finally stood up to leave. She still need to drive for one hour and a half to reach the said venue. As she stood up, she set her mind not to mind even if she saw Luhan with Eunji. She would be there to celebrate Kris's birthday, to enjoy it with her friends and not to mop around for her unsuccessful love life.

 

 

AT THE PARTY

 

 

Guests but mostly business magnets were starting to fill the beach hotel. The venue was placed in the hotel's convention hall that was over-looking at the magnificent beach scenery that the establishment possessed. All of EXO in their black suits dashingly arrived except for Luhan, Eunji and __________. Each of them were greeted and welcomed by Kris who also wears a black suit but the way he carried himself made him more standout. Kris didn't stay long since he had to greet the other guests.

 

(Here's the best picture I found of EXO wearing black suits)

 

(Here's Eunji's dress)

 

On the EXO's table, Chanyeol haven't stop fidgeting on his seat. He was scolding himself for not insisting on tagging along with __________. Luhan is expected to arrive with Eunji and that would leave __________ to arrive alone. Chanyeol thought how sad and lonely her driving-journey would be without someone to talk too. Suho patted Chanyeol's back, assuring him nothing bad will happen to __________. Baekhyun as Chanyeol's best friend did the same and assured him.

 

Soon after, as expected Luhan, looking slick and handsome in black suit arrived with his beautiful girlfriend, Eunji. Kris formally greeted the couple since he knew hundreds of eyes are on him. Luhan knew well. He and Eunji greeted Kris a happy birthday before they proceed to the others, EXO. They went to the reserved table for EXO. The couple greeted EXO and the latter did the same. With the impatient and worried Chanyeol, he asked Luhan in a whisper about his best friend’s whereabouts.

 

"She would be a little late but she's coming." He replied also in a whisper, afraid that Eunji might suspect. Chanyeol without much choice, nodded.

 

 

On the meantime, __________ was having her time feeding her eyes with the beautiful sceneries that her car passed. She knew if she wanted to reach Kris's birthday venue at once, she only have to use her racing skills but she chose not to. She even considered the thought of stopping by and took a picture of everything she passed but in the end she also dismissed that thought. It wouldn't be nice to keep Kris, EXO, the fun and maybe Luhan waiting. With the same speed rate, she continued driving.

 

 

Almost two hours passed and the short prepared program ended, without any sign of __________ arrival. All EXO including Luhan and the birthday boy Kris was getting worried. Guests haven't stop on arriving. Kris would occasionally glance at the entrance where guests went in. Not too long, __________'s black maserati parked at the entrance of the hotel. __________ swiftly exited her car while handing her car key to the hotel staff that would do the job to properly park her car. __________ gape at the beautiful architecture and design of the whole beach and hotel. If she knew that she was heading to more breath-taking picture-perfect scenery, she had raced her car there. She entered the hotel. She knew that she had a lot of time to explore the place and what she had to do is look for the birthday boy. It wasn't that hard to find Kris since height overwhelmed the others present in the celebration. With a smile pasted on her face, she approached Kris. In a distance Kris already saw __________, looking stunning in a pink and white coated dress matched with a pair of cute white three inch heels. Her curly brown hair was freely laid down on her shoulders and her only accessory was her wedding ring and her small purse.

 

(Here's __________'s dress.)

 

*__________ is a stunner, a goddess, amazing, wonderful...* Without realizing Kris was naming the best adjectives that he thought best describe __________, without tearing his gaze off her.

 

"Kreese" __________ called. Kris hasn't answered her greetings yet, he was just staring at her. Kris seemed to snap back as he heard that melodic voice of her and the usual wrong way of pronouncing his name that only __________ do.

 

"Eh?" Kris confusedly muttered. For a second Kris cursed himself for uttering that stupid word, __________ might think he was spacing out which was true and it was all because of her.

 

__________ chuckled, "I said, Kreese Happy Birthday!" She emphasized the last three words. Kris chuckled as he scanned __________, she wasn't holding anything but her purse. Unknowingly a small pout formed on Kris's lips. He kinda expected a gift from __________ like when she gave birthday gifts to his friends. He also wanted one, anything as long as it is from her.

 

At that time __________ wanted to squeal as she saw those pout on Kris's face. It was adorable. She fight the urge to pinch his cheeks, she giggled it out instead and gently pats Kris's shoulders. "You know Kreese, you're cute when you pout like that." She teased truthfully that instantly made Kris straightened and fixed his facial expression. "Cheer up birthday boy. You don't have to worry. I have my gift for you. It's in my car and I'll give it to you later." Kris grinned making him look younger and child-like. At last he knew he has a gift from __________.

 

At EXO's table, the first one to notice __________ was Lay since he didn't want to let his eyes wonder on Eunji, his love. He was stunned for a bit but as he regained his composure he told the one beside him, Baekhyun about __________'s arrival. He had the same reaction as his. Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun was staring at someone then he realized who it was. His worries were washed away and were replaced with admiration and the feeling of being proud of having a very beautiful bestfriend. Soon everybody was looking at __________ and Kris's direction. They watched them happily interact and even witnessed their oftentimes expressionless friend pouted and grinned like a child. Luhan was stunned and surprised as well. Stunned at his wife's beauty because for the first time they saw her wearing dress and surprised with his friend Kris showing various reactions that he rarely showed even in front of them, his friends.

 

"Wow she's so pretty. Luhan do you know her?" Eunji asked, oblivious that the girl she is staring at the moment is her boyfriend's wife.

 

"She is __________, a close friend of ours." Luhan simply answered. He intentionally did not include the surname. He was struggling of thinking whether to use her maiden's surname. Eunji mouthed an 'o' and didn't ask anymore question since Kris and __________ arrived at their table.

 

"Noona, you look very pretty today." Kai complemented with his bright eyes. __________ was about to mess Kai's hair but retreated, thinking she might destroy his hairstyle.

 

"Aww Kai, don't you think noona is very pretty every day?" __________ playfully teased as she emphasized the word 'very'. Kai blushed at his noona's remark but then he chuckled along with everyone.

 

"WHAT?! You guys don't agree? Pssh I even thought we were friends." She remarked and acted hurt. She put her one hand over her chest, acting like her heart hurts and dramatically place her other hand on her forehead, looking oh so sorrowful. That act caused everyone to erupt into fits of laughter and that includes Eunji. This is the reason why they all loved __________. They knew that the real __________ wasn't arrogant and only uses arrogant or airy remarks when she's joking around. She also rides with their jokes.

 

"Shorty, the acting was DAEBAK." Chanyeol said in between laughs. He was about to hit the table with his bare hands, a habit of his when he laughs so hard, D.O. stopped him 'cause they were still other people staring at them.

 

"Way thank you Chanchan. I hope the entertainment I displayed today will be well compensated because I'll surely ask for talent fee." __________ joked with a poker face on. The table again erupted into laughter, some were even clutching their stomach due to over laughing. __________ turned serious this time as she walked towards Chanyeol.

 

"Chanchan relax, your stomach hurts with too much laughing." She worriedly pats Chanyeol's back. The latter slowly relaxed along with everyone else.

 

"Noona, you're the BEST." Sehun thumbs up. __________ quickly wiped the tears she saw formed in the corner of Sehun's eyes because of too much laughing. After, she flipped her hair and made a proud shrug. "I know." She smiled widely.

 

"Noona, noona, about your question earlier. I know the answer." Kai chimed. __________ looked at Kai, totally forgetting what the first question earlier was. "Noona is very pretty every day." Kai stated that made __________ silent and blushed. She shifted her eyes to different direction and it was to, Eunji.

 

"Apologies, I didn't introduced myself to you yet. My name is __________ and I assume you're Eunji-sshi" __________ apologized at first and warmly introduced herself to Eunji while offering a handshake. Suho, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O., Kai and Xiumin tense up but glad that __________ took it the situation calmly and they knew her warm greetings were real and not forced. They silently felt proud of her. She is a strong girl to face someone that hurt her although not intentionally.

 

"Eunji-imnida" She took __________'s hand and gave it a shake. She felt a bit curious on how this beautiful and amazing girl in front of her know her.

 

*Where they talking about me?* Eunji thought. From the time __________ and Kris reached their table till she introduced herself, she noticed how simple yet beautiful __________ was. She had a very light make up, maybe just a few touch of BB cream and a lip shiner to emphasize her already pink lips. She didn't wore any accessory except for the ring on her ring finger.

 

*Is that a wedding ring? So that means she's taken? Who's the lucky guy?* Eunji didn't want to sound nosy but her thoughts just keep on popping questions about __________. Logically thinking, she would assume none of the EXO boys is __________'s husband because if one of them are, they should have come together.

 

"We’re going to leave you guys for a moment. I'll accompany __________ first to get her food." Kris informed and led the way for __________ to the buffet table. The food in the party was served in a buffet style but the drinks are served by waiters. __________ followed after placing her purse in the table but not too far from them, __________ suddenly fell out of balance of her high heels but luckily she was able to hold Kris's arm for support. Eunji noticed that everyone in the table tense and some especially Chanyeol was even trying to get up when they saw what happened. Eunji noticed the strong bond between __________ and the boys for them to react that way. She looked at Luhan and wondered why he never mentioned __________ to her. She turn her head back to Kris and __________. Kris looked like he was scolding __________ and latter was just giving Kris a sheepish smile while nudging Kris to continue their way to the buffet. At one look Eunji would thought that they looked like a couple but she knew they're not.

 

 

They were at the table happily chatting. __________ was already finished with her food and Eunji occasionally joined the conversations. __________ didn't want Eunji to feel out of place so she raised a question, "Eunjie-sshi, tell me about yourself?" __________ asked even though she knew quite a few about the girl.

 

"I'm taking up my first year of arts in Seoul University and I'm an only child in the family." Eunji shortly answered. There weren't a lot of things to tell about herself and she didn't need to introduce herself as Luhan's girlfriend since Luhan already did it earlier.

 

"Oh we're going at the same university and I'm taking my second year on music. I'm an only child too." __________ knowingly smile that gives Eunji the feeling of comfort to _________.

 

"Eunji noona, did you know _________ noona is a composer and she was the one who composed SHINee's Replay." Sehun proudly blurted out all of a sudden. Eunji looked at _______ wide eyes. The girl in front of her composed the chart-topping song Replay. It was one of Eunji's favorite songs.

 

"Jinja?" Eunji exclaimed, she couldn't contain her excitement. __________ felt a little self-conscious but she nods in affirmation of Sehun's fact statement.

 

"Wow it's one of my favorite songs." Eunji confessed. __________ shyly thank Eunji's complement. They talked a lot of things, mostly get to know information. The boys continued their conversation but they keep an eye with the two girls knowing the real situation.

 

"How did you meet them?" Eunji asked as she referred to the boys.

 

"A mutual friend introduced me to these amazing boys." __________ answered. She knew the boys were listening to their conversation. She could see the grins on their faces as she said the word amazing.

 

"__________-sshi if you don't mind me asking, are you married?" Eunji asked. Luhan almost choke on his own drink that he was drinking that time. Chanyeol pats his hyung's back. All was anticipating with __________'s answer.

 

__________ awkwardly laugh but it wasn't that noticeable. "Yeah." she admitted. "but he's busy today and he wasn't able to come with me."

 

"He must be one lucky guy." Eunji marked.

 

*One hell of a lucky guy, and he's just sitting right next to you.* Kris thought in envy.

 

__________ chuckled, "Maybe."

 

"Kris lets open up your presents." Xiumin, the child-like but in fact the eldest member of the group beamed.

 

"Sure but let’s transfer to the pool side, the view is better there." Kris agreed and stood up to lead the way. They all followed except for __________.

 

"I'll follow you there guys. I'll go get my gift in my car." __________ immediately walked away without waiting for anyone's answer.

 

 

 

To be Continue....