CHAPTER 59

GUY WIFE (better with you)

 


"Oppa, I thought you were busy with work?" __________ asked as they were waiting for their orders. She was really surprised at Byunghee's sudden appearance at her university and now they were hanging out at their favorite dukkbukki shop. The same shop that she first brought Gongchan which eventually came to be his favorite shop too.


*I am, princess but I just can't focus with my work feeling worried about you.* Byunghee thought as he stared at __________. Back at Canada, he worked late at night just to finish all his works so he could visit his princess. __________ have not call him for the passed weeks and that makes him worried. __________ would never fail to call him thrice or four times a week. He even knew that Gongchan went to visit __________ and her husband and it was all because __________ told him. He also knew the time when __________ together with Gongchan, her husband and her husband's friends went to Singapore for vacation. At first he wanted to disagree, knowing that __________ would be hanging out with boys in some country for vacation without him there to protect her but at least Gongchan presense consoled him. He hated to admit it but he trusted __________'s husband. __________ would always tell him that Luhan was taking good care of her that is why he grew trust on Luhan.

 

 

FLASHBACK


Ring... Ring... Ring...

Byunghee's phone ring. It was his princess.

"Annyeong my princess." He greeted, putting down his pen so he could focus in his conversation with __________.

"Oppa, I wanted to tell you something but don't be too worried." __________ said.

"What is it? You can always tell me everything." He asked, urging __________ to continue. Although his voice was calm, he is feeling worried at the time __________ told him not to worry.


"Oppa, I'm married."


"You're married. That's goo.." He stopped whatever he was saying as he realized what __________ said. He almost fell on his chair in shock. "NOOOOO. YOU'RE WHAT? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?" he exclaimed.

"I'm married, oppa." __________ softly repeated.


"How could that happen? You never told me you got a boyfriend? Did you hide it from me?" He feels like hyperventelating. The little girl he once protected from all harm and boys, had grown up to be a beautiful lady and now married without his conscience. How thrilling?


"Oppa, breath. It's an arranged marriage my grandfather made for me."

He was silent. He knew he can change __________'s decision but when it comes to her grandfather, he knew he wouldn't stand a chance. __________ would do anything her grandfather requested.

"Oppa, I know you were shock but don't worry the guy I'm married to is nice and he takes care of me." __________ comforted, hearing no reply from him.

He sigh. Although he was hesitating to approve, he doesn't have a choice but to approved. He need to trust that guy and __________'s words that he takes care of her.

"Okay, I approve but tell me if he do anything bad to you, arraso." he said.

 

"Neh oppa. Don't worry too much. I can also take care of myself." __________ assured.

 


END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 


"OPPA" __________ waved her hand in front of Byunghee's face, snapping him back to reality. Their food already arrived.

"I'm sorry, I just remembered something." he apologized.

__________ chuckled, "So how are you doing at Canada?" she asked.

"Same. Busy with work and feels lonely without my princess." He cheekily said and pinched __________'s cheeks, making her smile. "How is life here?" he asked and let go of her cheeks. For a split second Byunghee saw __________'s smile disappeared.

"It's fine." she minimally replied and looked down to her food. She knew her life at the meantime is far from being fine but she doesn't want to worry her oppa. He just arrived and she don't want to tell him bad news this early. Byunghee stared at __________. It was short nice answer but he knew better. He could feel that something was behind that 'fine'.

He stood up and sit beside __________. "__________, let me be honest with you. I came here because I'm worried about you. We're not siblings but I could sense whenever there's wrong. Please remember I'm your oppa and always listen to you and I promise to be by your side whenever you need me." he softly said.


*Oppa, how could you read me like an open book?* __________ thought, looking down since she could feel her tears welling up. Byunghee is like a brother, a friend and a protector and having him today by her side comforted her. It's like finding someone you knew who would never left you no matter what.

"I guess we need to talk somewhere else." Byunghee said and patted __________'s head like he always do before. He called a waiter to pack their untouched dukkbukki. The waiter did as told and came back after a few minutes, handing Byunghee their packed orders. Byunghee stood up and assisted __________ outside the shop and to her car. He took the liberty to drive and decided to went to the hotel he currently check-in.


Fifteen minutes later, they arrived at Byunghee's hotel room. He thought that it wasn't wise to bring __________ at her house when there's a possibility of seeing her husband. Byunghee helped __________ sit on his bed while he dragged a chair near his bed.


"Tell me whenever you are ready or you can rest and sleep first. I'll be by your side and I won't leave you. I promise." he assured and patted __________'s head.


"Oppa," __________ called just when he was about to tuck her in with the blanket. He hmm-ed and sit by her side. "Oppa, why does it have to be him?" she slowly muttered. Byunghee hinted that the 'him' __________ refers to is her husband, Luhan.

"Are you sure you're ready to tell me? I can always wait." he asked. He doesn't want to force her. __________ sighed but then decided to tell him everything.

 

 


 

 

*My poor princess* Byunghee thought as he gazed at __________ sleeping figure while softly combing her hair. 

 

Earlier, __________ told Byunghee everything. From her husband loving someone else and up to their recent argument. __________ also told him that she moved back to the apartment-like house of her grandfather. He felt sorry for __________'s first heartbreak.

Byunghee stood up and fetched his phone from his pocket and called Gongchan.


"Yeobseyo, hyung. You didn't tell me you're going to visit noona." Gongchan immediately said from the other line.

"How did you know I'm here?" Byunghee asked, amazed.

"Noona and Luhan hyung's friends told me."

"How come they knew? I never saw anyone approached us." He asked.

Gongchan chuckled, "The three guys you asked for directions at __________'s university is actually __________ noona and Luhan hyung's friends."


*That three weird guys are __________'s friends? Anyway...* he thought. "Okay. Gongchan-ah send me your noona's husband number."

"Waeyo? Did anything happen?" Gongchan asked.

"No. I just wanted to have his number." Byunghee lied. It's better that Gongchan wouldn't know what happened. He's like a few years younger version of him. He looks tough and rough on the outside but turns sweet and overly protective when it comes to __________.


"Okay hyung, was that all?"

"Neh, just send it to me arraso. Thank you."