CHAPTER 16

GUY WIFE (better with you)

 

 

 

YOUR POV

 

"Remember to pass your composition next week. That's it for today, class dismiss." ____________'s lyric composition professor announced and left the room. I gathered my things and neatly place it in my bag.

"____________- ah want to come and eat with us" Sooyun, one of my classmates stop as she noticed that I was still in the room fixing my things.

"Thanks but I need to go somewhere after this." I politely rejected the offer. Sooyun nod in understanding and left with her friends.

I slung my bag on my shoulders and leave as well. As I walked out of the school building, two figures walking and talking caught my attention. It was a girl and a boy. I didn't know the girl's name but there's only one thing I realized as I keep on staring at her, she's a stunner in her dress like that. The boy she's happily conversing with is familiar, too familiar that I realized it just now. It was wifey, I mean Luhan. He was heartily laughing to whatever they are conversing. I never had seen him smiling like that to anyone except for his friends. He's eyes seems to sparkle in happiness.

 

*He never smiled at me like that*

 

"Eunji" I don't know what came into me that I uttered Luhan's long time crush, no scratch that it's Luhan's long time love.

Maybe she's Eunji, I thought but what was really bothering me is to why Luhan didn't tell me about Eunji. I already told him I won't stop them from seeing and having relationship with each other but why didn't he tell me. I felt a pang of pain in my heart. I don't know if it's right for me to feel this way but I felt betrayed. I can't be jealous. Luhan is just my arranged husband plus I don't love him. I'm just a friend with a complicated situation with Luhan. Maybe I feel this way because I'm expecting him to tell me about Eunji and him.

"That's it, that's the only reason ____________. Just wait for Luhan to open it up to you." I mumbled, convincing myself it was the only reason I feel this way. I turn to other direction, away from the two.

BUMP

"Ouch" I hissed and almost fall out of balance from the impact but a hand was securely holding onto my hand preventing me from anymore damage. I looked at the hand's owner, "Chanyeol"

 

 

CHANYEOL'S POV

 

I was aimlessly walking around, looking for any sign of my friends when I bump onto someone. The guy I bump onto was about to go out balance and I instinctively held out my hand and grab his arm. The guys steadied his self and looked up.

"Chanyeol" The one I thought was a guy was ____________.

"____________" a smile formed in my lips but it was instantly replaced with worries as I remember that I bump her earlier. "Are you hurt?"

"Hurt? No, waeyo?" ____________ was puzzled.

"I bump onto you earlier." ____________ laughed and snap her finger. "Yeah we did. No Chanyeol, I wasn't hurt." she assured and pose like of those who joined body building competition.

 

I can't help but laugh out loud with ____________ did. It was too hilarious. She, posing like a body builder with her non- existing muscles is just DAEBAK!

"Daebak ____________, daebak" I muttered in between laughs while giving her two thumbs up. ____________ was laughing too. People started to stare at us like we're a pair of lunatics. As our laughter died down, "Let’s eat, you make me hungry." I ask but was more of a command.

____________ nodded, "All that laughter drained my energy, I need to recharge." and laugh. We walked to the nearby cafe and ordered ourselves smoothie and shortcakes.

"____________, I'll bring our order just go and us a table." I said. ____________ nodded and walked to find us a table. I saw her seat at an empty table near the glass wall, overlooking the streets and the passerby's.

"Here's your order sir. Please come again." The girl at the counter said as she placed all of our orders on my tray.

"Ne, thank you." I carried and brought the tray to our table. ____________ was busy staring outside the glass wall. I didn't make a sound as I took the opposite chair across her. From the very first time I saw her, something's been bothering me. The hardest part of it was I can't pin point what it is. I first saw her looking like a boy. *What am I talking about? She still looks like a boy right now, a cute boy I may say but something in my mind that told me she's a girl even before she admitted it to us.* I've been thinking of it this past few days. I also noticed how I become so protective around her.

 

SNAP, ____________ snap her finger in front of my face.

 

"Yeah?"

"You're dazing." said ____________ in a matter-of-fact tone.

I shook my head and awkwardly laugh, "Haha I was just thinking of something."

"Oh, what were you doing outside our building, I thought you're a business student?" ____________ asked and take a sip of her chocolate smoothie.

"I'm free for two hours and I was looking for Baekhyun and the others to hang out." I sheepishly said.

"Hmm... but you know Chanyeol this is good." ____________ said in between her bites of her cake. I laugh. I wonder if she even listened to my answer.

 

 

YOUR POV

 

After Chanyeol and I ate the delicious shortcake with smoothie, we took a walk and ended up in a park. I sat on the bench and enjoyed the fresh air. Chanyeol sit as well. He'd been such a good company. My stomach even hurt with too much laughing. I was waiting for Chanyeol to talk but he was silent. I turn my head to face him just to catch him looking so serene. His head was lift up to the sky with his eyes close. He was smiling as well, enjoying the fresh air with me. From his serene face my eyes traveled to the necklace he was wearing.

 

*How did Chanyeol have that necklace? It's only me and my childhood friend who have that same necklace.* Unknowingly, I reached out for his necklace and gently caressed it.

 

"It's nice right?" Chanyeol asked and I let go of the necklace.

"Yeah it's nice." I agreed.

"You know I bought this when I was a kid. It's a twin necklace actually. I gave the other one to my friend but I don't know where she is now. I can't look for her because I forgot her face and name. Tell me ____________ am I a bad friend?" said Chanyeol who's guilty for forgetting his friend.

I embraced Chanyeol and I can feel his body stiffen. I embraced him tighter and soon he relaxed. "Chanchan you're a good friend plus I'm already here." I smiled and soothed his back.

 

*It's good to see you again, Chanchan*

 

Chanyeol stopped and pulled away from my hug, "What do you mean and how did you know that nickname?"

"You told me to call you that when we're kids. It's me who you gave the twin necklace."

"Shorty" Chanyeol finally remember his given nickname to me. I laughed, "Yeah that but as you can see I'm not short anymore." I playfully complained.

Chanyeol laughed, "You've grown" he commented.

"Obviously" I sarcastically replied.

"Wah but it’s good to see you again" and gave me a bone crashing and breathtaking hug.

"Chanchan, can't breathe" I patted his arm that was tightly hugging me. Luckily, he let go and apologized.

"You still have the necklace?" He asked curiously as he eyed my bare neck.

"Eh about that" guilt flood me. "I have it three years ago but I gave it to a friend. She reminds me of you a lot that's why I gave it to her. I hope you're not mad."

Chanyeol chuckled, "I'm not mad. I've got to see my childhood friend again, why would I be mad?"

"Jinja?" just then my phone rings. "Excuse me..." I walked a bit farther from Chanyeol.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered, "Ne... Miane I forgot, I'll get there soon. Bye" I ended the call and went back to Chanyeol.

"Chanchan, I've got to go somewhere. I'll text or call you later, arasso. Annyeong" I waved and left.