CHAPTER 54

GUY WIFE (better with you)





__________ was walking outside the music building after her last class that day when she felt her phone vibrated in her bag. She fetched her phone from her bag and saw a message sent from Luhan.


From: wifey ♥
To: hubby

      Annyeong hubby! Out already?



The message reads. __________ typed on her phone.


From: hubby
To: wifey ♥

        Yeah wifey, waeyo?




A few seconds later after she sent her reply, __________'s phone rings. Luhan was calling.


"Yobosaeyo?" __________ answered.

"Hubby, where are you?" Luhan asked from the other line.

"I just exited my building." __________ answered, referring to the music building.

"Okay, wait for me there." Luhan said and ended the call.

"What's up with him?" __________ mumbled to herself as stopped walking and followed what Luhan said.


"Hey" Luhan waved his hand like a kid while half running to __________'s direction. __________ waved as well and was smiling.


"What's up? Why did you want for me wait?" __________ directly asked as Luhan reached her side.

"I'm not going to be home maybe after late at night and I haven't cooked anything for dinner yet. Mind if we have an early dinner? I'm free for one hour till my next subject starts." Luhan explained.

"Oh is that so, did you bring your car? I didn't bring my car and commuted my way here." __________ said.

"We'll use my car then. Lets go. I'll carry this." Luhan said as he grabbed __________'s belongings from her grasp.

"Kamsahamnida, are we going to eat dinner at home?" __________ asked as they walked together, side by side to Luhan's car.

"Nuh we're going to eat outside. What do you want to eat?" Luhan turned to ask as they reached his car.

__________ sheepishly smile and scratched the back of her neck, "Ahaha you know wifey I'm not good in food names but don't worry I eat almost anything that is served to me." __________ beamed but only resulted to Luhan's frown.

"Wrong. You got a stomach pain and was sent to hospital because of that, remember." Luhan disapprovingly shook his head as he opened the car door of his car for __________. __________ sheepishly laughed and slipped herself inside the car.

"Would you mind if we eat dukkbukki?" Luhan asked as he take the driver's seat and ignite the engine.

__________ nodded, "Neh, dukkbukki would be delicious." and agreed.

Luhan chuckled, "Do you even know what dukkbukki looks like?" he asked.

"Eh? Haha I don't know if imagine the right picture." __________ laughed awkwardly.

"Figured" Luhan muttered and laughed as well. "I know a dukkbukki shop near here. They sell good ones too." Luhan said as he scanned the area they were passing. "Oh there it is." he pointed to a dukkbukki shop and parked his car in front of it.

They both slipped off Luhan's car and went inside the dukkbukki shop.

"Annyeonghaseyo, may I take your order please." A waitress asked as they occupied the vacant table near the glass wall.

"I'll have this." Luhan pointed to dukkbukki on the menu.

"And you miss ?" The waitress turned to asked __________.

"I'll take what he order." __________ replied without looking at the menu.

"Copy cat" Luhan mumbled under his breath and chuckled. Few minutes later, their orders arrived.

"Oh so this is dukkbukki." __________ muttered to herself as she stared at the food in front of her.

"Yeah that's dukkbukki. Come on hubby, stop staring at it and eat." Luhan said and started digging on to his food.

"Wifey you have cooked this at home, right?" __________ asked after eating few spoonful of dukkbukki.

Luhan nodded, "Neh, waeyo? I know this is bet..."

"Nuh, I prefer yours wifey. Yours are way better than this." __________ said truthfully with a smile on her face, interrupting Luhan.

"Gomawo" Luhan ushered and looked down on his food to hide his blushing face. Sure __________ could make him blush with his words sometimes especially when she smiled like that.

Suddenly, __________'s phone vibrated that was on the table. __________ put down her chopstick and check out her phone. It was a message from Kris.


To: __________
From: Kreese

      hey, want me to give you a ride to your house?




__________ smiled at the message.  She was thankful that Kris took her rejection smoothly and was also thankful that Kris didn't bring out the topic about his confession ever since that night.


To: Kreese
From: __________

         Thanks Kreese for the offer but I'm going somewhere tonight.




__________ replied. Luhan noticed it and stared at __________ placing back her phone on the table.

"Who was that?" Luhan uncontrolably asked. Facepalm. *Aish Luhan why being nosy all of a sudden.* he mentally scolded himself.

"That was Kris. He offered me a ride home since I mentioned to him earlier that I didn't bring my car." __________ answered and stuffed food in .


*Kris has been attentive to __________ lately.* Luhan thought as he remembered the times when Kris would check on __________ if everything was okay every time he saw her. *Does he... Aish forget it*


 

 


 



"Hubby palli" Luhan whined as he pushed __________'s back while exiting the shop.

"Wifey, you don't need to send me home. I can take the bus." __________ reasoned, letting herself be pushed by Luhan.

"I still have enough time to send you home and get back to uni so just get inside the car arraso." Luhan insisted as he opened the car door for __________.

"Arraso... Arraso. Want me to drive? You know I can drive faster." __________ offered while smirking.


Luhan vigorously shook his head, "Nuh... what you said... that... that is never going to happen." he said with finality.

__________ laughed, "Waeyo wifey? Scared?" she teased.


"No. It's more of like a precaution." Luhan stated and __________ heartily laughed while nodding her head and finally slipped her body inside the car. Deep inside she was happy that Luhan insisted to send her to their house.

After a few minutes of car ride, they reached their house.

"I'm going... be sure to close all the windows and lock the door. I'll use my spare key when I come back later." Luhan reminded __________, he's body half inside the car.

"Arra... Arra, wifey just go now or else you will be late." __________ shoo-ed Luhan while chuckling. He chuckled with her laugh, "I'm really going, bye hubby."

"Bye, wifey." __________ waved and made a shoo action to Luhan. Luhan waved back, entered the car and drived away. __________ watched as Luhan's car disappear before she close the door. She pulled out her phone and composed a message.


Luhan was driving when he heard his phone beeped. It was a message from __________.


To: wifey
From: hubby

        drive safely . Don't bother replying, I know you're driving safely.



Luhan chuckled and continued driving back to the university. Same old __________, sending her own reminders through text message.


 

 





"Thank God I made it." Luhan muttered as he reached his class before the professor does.

"Oh Luhan-sshi you're here. Professor just came by and told us that he's not going to teach us today." One of Luhan's classmate said as he approached him.

"Oh really, thank you for telling me." Luhan slightly bowed and his classmates went out of the room.

"GREAT, I came here for nothing." Luhan muttered as he throw his hands in the air then messed his hair. He slung his bag back on his shoulder and exited the room. Luhan went to his car and decided to went straight home.

After a few minutes Luhan reached their house. He didn't bother knocking and just used his spare key to open the door. He wanted to surprise __________. Luhan slowly opened the door, preventing to make any noise. He tiptoed to the living room, thinking __________ was there.


*Oh there she is* Luhan smirked at his target. __________ was talking on her phone that time.


"Umma, Luhan needs to know the truth." __________ said, back facing Luhan. Luhan stopped as he heard what __________ said.


*What is hubby saying? What do I have to know?* Luhan thought and hide himself on the other side of the wall.


"__________, what are you talking about?" __________'s mother asked from the other line but she was already starting to think what her daughter is referring to.

"Umma, I know our marriage is fake." __________ said helplessly while frustratedly brushed her hair with her fingers. She slumped her body to the couch, feeling restless.


"Our marriage is what?" Luhan's voice made __________ jolt up as she looked at his direction, ending her call with her mother.


*What is Luhan doing here? He was suppose to be at uni.* __________ thought and was unable to answer Luhan's question.

 

 



"__________, TELL ME WHAT AGAIN. OUR MARRIAGE IS WHAT?" Luhan asked in rage. He was mad. He unknowingly hoped that he heard it wrong.
 



__________ snapped back at Luhan's yell. "Ou- our marriage is f-fake." She stuttered. She wanted to look away from Luhan but she knew it was time tell him.

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong I've updated...

thanks for the new subbies and comments and to those silent readers!!!!!