CHAPTER 1

GUY WIFE (better with you)

UHAN POV

 

 

"HYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG" Sehun shouted while running towards us. He's the maknae among the twelve us. Currently, I'm with my friends waiting for Sehun near the school gate. We are all college students but this maknae sure act like a preschooler.

 

"PPALI WE'RE LEAVING" Chanyeol wave and made Sehun run faster towards us. Sehun reached us, panting.

 

"Hyung (pant) you (pant) wouldn't believe (pant)..." Sehun placed his hand on my shoulder and tried to say something in between pants.

 

"Sehun... Come on breath first" I motioned to breath in and out to make Sehun follow my lead and he did.

 

"Eunji noona..." Sehun managed to say when he stop panting. My heart raced to the mention of Eunji's name. She's been my long time crush. I don't know if it is even crush anymore. I have been having a crush on ever since I saw her when we were high school. I was a senior and she's a freshmen. She's pretty, demure and quiet, my ideal type of girl but I couldn't have the guts to confess to her. All my friends know about Eunji and my feelings for her.

 

"What about Eunji?" I calmly asked, trying to hide my true feelings.

 

"HYUNGNOONAISHEREYOUCANHAVEACHANCENOW

 

KYAAAHHHHHH" Sehun said in one breath and squealed. Clearly fanboying again

 

"Bwoh?" All I understand was Sehun's squeal and the rest I don't know. Sehun said it so fast that I wasn't able to catch everything he said.

 

Baekhyun went beside me and started elbowing me while wriggling his eyebrows.

 

 

"YAH Baekhyun, what are you doing?" I looked at him confused.

 

"Hyung haven't you heard Sehun or the information hasn't sunk in you heard yet?!" Baekhyun teased and elbowed me again.

 

"Luhan, Sehun said Eunji is here. You can have your chance now." Xiumin answered for Sehun and Baekhyun. I stiffened.

 

 

 

She's here? Eunji's here?

 

 

 

"Hey isn't that Eunji noona?" Tao interrupted, cutting my train of thoughts while pointing at someone. We followed Tao's pointing at and he was right it was Eunji.

 

 

 

 

AAAAHHHHHHHHH

It's Eunji, what should I do? I mentally scream and panic.

 

 

 

"Let’s talk to her" Baekhyun declared and march towards Eunji's direction with Chanyeol and Sehun. I was about to stop them but they are already far.

 

"Relax hyung, it wouldn't kill you if we talk to her you know" Suho tap my shoulder. I mentally facepalmed and followed the lead.

 

"EUNJI NOONA" Sehun loudly called and wave. Eunji looked at our direction with confused expression. She looked at her back maybe to check if there's anyone there that Sehun's calling but there was none.

 

"Me?" She looked back at us then pointed a finger to herself, asking innocently if it was her we are calling. I mean Sehun's calling. We stop walking when we were just a few feet away from her.

 

Sehun nodded, "Hi noona" and wave again.

 

"U- uhm hi too, how do you know my name?" She waved back but I can see that she feels awkward.

 

"We went to the same school in high school but I was a year younger than you. I'm Sehun and these are my hyung's. He is..." Sehun pointed Kris and was about to introduce him to Eunji but she cut him off.

 

"I know all of you guys, who wouldn't? You're EXO" Eunji mumbled the last part but I was able to hear it. We were popular back then and up until now. We were the kingkas of the school and we were called EXO. It was fun yet tiring experience with all the girls following and confessing to you all day.

 

"But we hadn't introduced ourselves formally yet. I'm Lay" Lay introduced himself and wink.

 

 

 

WHAT THE FUDGE?! >o<

Did he just wink at Eunji?!

 

This flirt... He better not try...

 

 

Lay looked at me and I glared at him but he shrugged it...

THAT'S IT! HE'S GOING TO GET IT LATER. I made a mental note to myself.

 

 

"Kris- imnida" Kris said and bowed. Psh, Ice Prince as ever.

 

 

"Suho"

 

 

"Xiumin"

 

 

"Chen"

 

 

 

"Tao"

 

 

"Baekhyun"

 

 

"Kai"

 

 

"Kyungsoo but you can call me D.O."

 

 

"Chanyeol"

 

 

"Sehun"

 

 

"Luhan" I introduced.

 

 

"Eunji-imnida, it's nice to meet you all" Eunji smiled and bowed.

 

"Noona want to hang out with us?" Sehun tag at Eunji's arm and invited her to hangout.

 

"Miane, Sehun-sshi but I can't. I have class and I need have to go now." Eunji said while looking at her watch.

 

"Miane noona for keeping you here" Sehun let go of Eunji's arm while feeling guilty.

 

"Don't worry Sehun- sshi I still have enough time to get to my class without being late" Eunji patted Sehun's shoulder to comfort him then she looked at us. "It's nice meeting you guys but I have to go, bye." She bowed and leave. When she was a few meters away from us, Lay run to her and whispered something to her ear. Few seconds later we saw her nodding while smiling. Lay run back to us.

 

"What did you whisper to Eunji?" I asked demandingly.

 

"Chill hyung I just asked her to hang out with us some other time." Lay hands up his hands as if surrendering while grinning.

 

"Hyung no wonder you like noona. She's really nice" Sehun commented and I nod agreeing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

YOUR POV

 

 

"UMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA" I shoot up from my sit and screamed to the top of my lungs. I don't care if the whole house hears me screaming. I don't even care if the world hears me. What umma said was just...

 

 

PURE CRAZINESS *o*

 

 

I was hanging out at the living room, watching TV when umma approached me.

 

 

Flashback

 

"___________, I have an important thing to tell you" umma said with all seriousness. Umma was like a bestfriend to me, seeing and hearing her serious voice like that, I'm that what she's going to say is very important.

 

I turned off the tv and faced her, "What is it, umma?"

 

Umma cup my hands with her and said, "__________ you're getting married"

 

 

 

*YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED*

That words keeps repeating on my head. I suddenly think of having a headache.

 

 

 

 

 

 

......Did umma say I'm getting married?

 

Am I hearing her words right?

 

 

"umma, what did you say?" I asked calmly but I have that feeling that I won't like the words I will hear next.

 

 

 

"You’re getting married, dear"

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

"__________ would you please sit and calm down" Umma reached for my hands but I moved back

 

 

"UMMA HOW COULD YOU ASK ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU'RE ASKING ME TO MARRY A STRANGER" I know I'm not suppose to raise my voice to my parents but this is an exemption. The idea is crazy. I, marrying a stranger is a big NO, NO. I never wished to have an arranged husband. I promise myself that I would marry only the person I love and it would be a sin exchanging vows in front of the church and a priest.

 

Mrs. Kim stood up and cupped my shoulders, "I know this is all too sudden but you have to know that this is your hadaboji's (grandfather) last wish."

 

(a/n: hi, I don't know if I wrote the write spelling for the Korean word grandfather. I'm making this story through my phone. I don't have the time to check it on the net)

 

"hadaboji" I mumbled. He passed half year ago. He's the best hadaboji I ever had. When I was young, umma and appa are used to travel because of business. I was always left to my hadaboji that love took care of me so much. There were times that he would cancel all his business schedule when I call and told him I was alone and my parents are away. I was in middle school when my parents hands on take care of me. I know that hadaboji told them to spend time with me. It's not that he don't want me anymore, he only wanted me to experience having a real family and I'm thankful to that. When he died I cried and locked myself in my room for one whole week.

 

"I'm going to do it." I wipe the tears that formed in my eyes.

 

"Really?" Mrs. Kim's eyes sparkle, claspping her hands full of anticipation. Finally she will be able to see her daughter walk down the aisle. She was thinking it would be a dream to see her only daughter with a guy and not to mention her husband.

 

"I'm doing it for hadaboji but we will not get married in the church. I will marry him in front of a judge that will marry us, you guys and with the witnesses thingy." I said with conviction and finality. Mrs. Kim's shoulders slumped. She knows once you said it with finality, you're decision will never change. Maybe if _________'s hadaboji's still alive her decision would change. There are only two persons who can change your decisions: one passed away and the other is in the other side of the globe.

 

"Umma can you tell me who and why did hadaboji arrange a marriage for me?" I pat back down on the couch, ready to listen.

 

"You'll be marrying Mr. Lu's grandson. He's handsome and I heard he's nice too." my mom said dreamily then squeal.

 

"Umma, you're fangirling again." I said and chuckle. Umma lightly slap my arm.

 

"Whatever" Mrs. Kim scoffed and cross her arms. I laughed. This is why I love my parents they don't act like their age when they're with me but turn serious and civilized when it comes to business. We're like friends but still maintain the parents and child relationship.

 

"umma you know you can continue telling me why hadaboji arrange a for me." I playfully poke umma's arm. Umma looked back and turned serious.

 

"Your hadaboji and Mr. Lu had been good friends and business partners back then. They thought it would be great if they would be relatively close and so they both agreed to arrange their grandson and granddaughter's marriage."

 

So that is why hadaboji did that, at least he didn't do it for business.

 

 

 

 

 

 

LATER THAT DAY...

 

LUHAN'S POV

 

"Good evening sir, your father wants to see you at the library as soon as you arrived." The maid greeted me as I entered the house.

 

"Okay, thank you" I walk to the library, wondering my father wanted to see me. I have the feeling he's going to tell me something important.

 

 

Knock knock

 

"Come in" I heard my father's voice from inside. I turned the doorknob and entered.

 

Mr. Lu put down the papers he was reading when he sensed his son entering the room.

 

"How are you son?" my father asked as he motioned me to sit down.

 

I did what I was told and answered, "I'm fine dad. The maid said you wanted to see me."

 

 

"Yeah, I have some good news for you. You'll get married in two weeks." Mr. Lu said smiling.

 

"BWOH?! IN TWO WEEKS?" I was taken aback with my father's so called 'good news'.

 

Mr. Lu nodded while smiling, "She's pretty and nice, you'll like her. Tomorrow you'll meet her."

 

 

 

"bu..."

 

"No buts, you can go now." father said, dismissively. I sigh and went out of the room.

 

My father knows about Eunji and my feelings for her. He had seen Eunji once at school and he didn't oppose to her. He also knew I haven't confess to her yet.

 

Did appa arrange the marriage for me and Eunji?

 

 

Ottokeh? I haven't confessed to her yet, I thought while walking to my room. I felt nervous and excited for tomorrow, forgetting all other possibilities.