CHAPTER 10

GUY WIFE (better with you)

 

 

LUHAN'S POV

 

Late afternoon, it was getting dark and I haven't noticed until we went out of lotte world. I've been having a good time hanging with Eunji. She's cute when she tried to persuade me not to take any scary rides later this morning. We both ate our lunch in a small restaurant and that's when I notice that the guys were missing except for Suho since he informed us from the start that he will leave. I tried calling them but no one answered my calls even my closest dongsaeng, Sehun is starting to gang up on me. *Aish they better be prepared when I see them.* I made an excuse to Eunji for my 10 crazy people that I call friends being M.I.A. Eunji, luckily believed my explanation and we carry on. Earlier this afternoon we went into the indoor part of Lotte World, where the arcades and gaming, entertainment, cafés and few indoor rides are located. We had so much fun that we forgot the time and we were shock to see the sky getting dark.

 

"Woah it's already dark. I guess we haven't notice the time." I chuckled and made a quick glance at Eunji before diverting my attention back to the dark sky.

 

"Yeah we haven't noticed." Eunji agreed. "Luhan oppa," she called. I look back at her and she was smiling right back at me. "I had fun hanging out with you although it was a bit disappointing that the other oppas have to leave but I understand Suho oppa need them." My heart flutter for a moment due to the view in front of me. I've always wonder how happy I would be seeing Eunji smile just for me and now that it is happening I feel ecstatic.

 

"Yeah I had fun too. Mind eating dinner with me before I send you home." I offered.

Eunji frantically shook her head and cutely cross her arms, "Aniya, you already spend too much for money for me today plus I think I need to go home now. I've been out the whole"

I nod in understanding. Deep inside I feel a bit down that I can't take Eunji to dinner but I tried not to show it on my face. I know she's tired from all the games, rides and walking we've done today. "Sure. Come on, I'll take you home."

"Thanks oppa but I think I'm gonna take a bus home. Miane" Eunji shook her head again and apologetically look at me.

I sigh but I manage to smile, "Are you sure? It's safer if I'll send you home."

"I'll be safe oppa, don't worry." Eunji smiled, reassuringly.

"Fine but I'll accompany you to the bus stop." I mentally sigh in defeat. Eunji nodded.

We both walk to the bus stop and waited for her ride. After 5 minutes of waiting, Eunji ride arrived and she boarded the bus.

"Don't hesitate to call if anything goes wrong." I said and wave my hand. Eunji mouthed a yes and waved back then her bus went off.

 

I walked away from the bus stop and wonder around a bit. A smile crept on my lips as I remembered the good and fun time I spent with Eunji today.

"Umma I want a carrot cake" I heard a little girl said while tugging onto her mother's dress.

"Umma I want brownies too" A younger girl said and did what the first girl did to their mother's dress.

"Kids enough, we'll choose a cake that you both would like, okay" Their mother said and lead them inside a cake shop. The little girls pouted but then their eyes lit up as they saw the cakes displayed inside.

 

I chuckle as I remember a person who loves and devour brownies too much and that she even scolded me for an hour because I ate her precious brownies without her permission. It's no other than my wife, ____________ or should I say hubby. ____________ had been calling me wifey ever since and in order for me to get back, I call her hubby and from there we found ourselves getting used to that reverse endearment.

Speaking of hubby and brownies, I remembered Xiumin hyung eating almost half of hubby's brownies supply. I entered the cake shop and looked for brownies. Good thing they have it. I bought one box of it, the commercial one where the brownies was sliced and packed each. I went to the nearest bus stop and take a bus home. I wasn't able to bring my car because of my crazy friends idea to use one car.

 

It was pretty dark when I reached home and there's not a single light coming from the house.

"I thought she said she would be home by afternoon." I quietly muttered. I opened the door to our house and can hardly see anything. I search for the light switch on the wall and when I switch it on...

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I heard a loud scream coming from the inside. I realized it was ____________ who screamed. Thoughts came rushing in my head.

 

 

There's a trespasser!

Is he or they torturing ____________?

Is she okay?

What if they are hurting ____________ right now?

 

I drop everything I was holding including the brownies I got for ____________. All I want now is to know and make ____________ safe. I may not love her but I sure hold a responsibility for her. I grab the baseball bat from the corner. I don't know where it came from or how is it there and I DON'T CARE. I carefully and quietly made my way inside with the baseball bat held up. I was in the living room, it was not that dark since the television was on that gives light to the room.

"____________" I called in a low voice. I waited for a moment but no one answered. I was planning to proceed upstairs when someone talked from the couch.

"Wifey?! What are you doing? ____________ hovered from the couch and watch me quizzically. "And what's with the bat?" she pointed at the baseball bat that I was holding.

I took a deep breath before I run to ____________'s side with the bat still in my grasp just in case someone would pop out from somewhere. I just noticed I was holding my breath the whole time until I saw ____________ safe. I sigh and breath in again after that I let out a sigh, a sigh of relief. I look at her in the eyes trying to find something from it then my hands instinctively went to ____________'s shoulders. I turn her body from left to right while scanning for any injuries. Luckily I didn't find any bruise, cut or scratch on her.

 

"Are you okay? Are you fine? What did they do to you?" I worriedly looked at ____________, throwing her a series of question. ____________ didn't answer.

 

Urgh, what did they do to her?

Why isn't ____________ answering?

Did they mentally torture her instead of being physical?

Thoughts running through my head again.

 

 

"YAH ANSWER ME? DID THEY HURT YOU OR TORTURE YOU?" I yelled in frustration. I'm starting to lose my patience.

____________ seemed to snap back to reality and looked at me with a puzzled face. "U- uh I'm not hurt wifey and who would torture me?" ____________ asked, not getting why I felt worked up.

"So you were not hurt or tortured, that's good to hear." I muttered instead of answering her question. I leaned my back on the couch, feeling exhausted all of a sudden.

 

 

 

 

YOUR POV

 

I don't get what's happening. Why does wifey look so worried. He keeps on asking me if I'm okay, if I was hurt and worse was when he asked me if I was tortured. It's not like I have enemies that would want to hurt me, base on self knowledge. I watched wifey exhaustedly leaned back on the couch.

I faced Luhan, "Wifey, what's wrong?" I asked. Luhan didn't look at me but he answered, "I heard you scream."

 

*Scream?* I thought. I tried to recall what happened earlier before I saw Luhan.

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

4:00 pm

 

I came home from my meeting and catch ups with Uncle Soo (A/N: hehe Uncle Soo is actually Mr. Lee Soo Man.) and a little stop over at my parents house. I entered the house and went to the living room. Game consoles were on the floor and I saw some chips on the floor. I remember Luhan's friends. Guess they were in a hurry that they didn't have time to return the game consoles back and clean the floor.

Before anything else, I went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes. I choose to wear cargo shorts and a simple white printed t- shirt with my wig still on. I went downstairs and started cleaning. Half an hour past, I finished cleaning. I plop myself on to the couch and began searching for any entertaining programs. I wasn't succeeding in finding any entertaining programs so I decided to settle on an English movie. I was trying to cope up with the story when I noticed a rubix cube lying on the corner of the couch, almost covered with a throw pillow.

I scooted towards the rubix cube and played with it. I haven't noticed that it was getting dark and me watching the movie had long been forgotten.

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I let out a frustrated scream. I can't solve the rubix cube and I'm getting frustrated about it.

 

"____________" I heard someone whispered my name. I look up from the rubix cube and turn to the direction of the voice. It was Luhan, holding a bat while tip toeing.

*Why is wifey calling my name in a low voice and what's with the bat?* I thought as I stare at him. Luhan was about to go upstairs when I decided to talk.

"Wifey?! What are you doing?" I asked also in a low voice. I didn't know why I did that but I just feel like I had to asked it that way. "and what's with the bat?" I pointed the bat he was holding. He looks like he was ready to hit someone with it.

Without any word Luhan walked towards me and cupped my shoulders then turn my body from left to right. I studied Luhan's face and it looked very much worried. He scanned my body like he was finding something wrong with it.

"Are you okay? Are you fine? What did they do to you?" Luhan bombarded me with worried questions. I didn't answer. I was still in a daze with all that happenings.

 

"YAH ANSWER ME? DID THEY HURT YOU OR TORTURE YOU?" Luhan yelled. I snap back to reality.

 

"U- uh I'm not hurt wifey and who would torture me?" I asked, stuttering. I still don't get why Luhan is acting this way.

"So you were not hurt or tortured, that's good to hear." Luhan said instead of answering my question and plop his self on the couch.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

I chuckled as I analyze everything. Luhan was worried for nothing but I'm glad he cared for me.

"Why are you laughing?" Luhan asked. I turn to face Luhan and sit cross legs.

"You misunderstood. I was playing this" I held out the rubix cube and show it to Luhan. "and I got frustrated so I screamed" I continued.

Luhan grabbed the rubix cube from my hand. He looked at it then to me and suddenly flick my forehead.

 

"YAH! What was that for?" I snap and rub my forehead.

"That's for making me worry. I thought some bad guy trespassed and hurt you." Luhan said.

 

My heart went ba-bam...

Woah I never thought wifey was that worried for me, I thought and smiled.

 

"Miane for making you worry." I sincerely apologized, just then my stomach growled. I sheepishly smile, "I'm hungry."

Luhan chuckled and suddenly snap his fingers in mid air. He abruptly stood up and left. I was left there, dumbfounded. When Luhan came back, he was holding a box. He placed it on the center table while I was trying to peek what's in it.

 

"I bought you brownies" Luhan said and opened the cover of the box, revealing the mouth watering brownies.

I looked at Luhan, puzzled, "Thanks, but why did you buy these?" I eyed the box. As far as I can remember I still have plenty of brownies in the fridge.

"Xiumin hyung kinda eat all of your brownies supply and he also brought some when we left. I also overheard a little girl talking about brownies and I thought of you that's why I bought you that." Luhan explained.

*Pssh maybe you bought it because you're thinking I would scold you.* I thought. I mentally laugh at my thought. I'm not gonna scold him. Why would I? He wasn't the one who ate my brownies supply.

 

"Here, eat it while I cook for our dinner." Luhan handed me one pack of brownie and left to go to the kitchen. I accepted it and started eating. Instead of watching the television, I picked up the rubix cube and played with it. I was focused on playing while munching my food when a glass of milk appeared in front of my face.

 

"Here's your milk." Luhan placed the milk on the table and went back to the kitchen. I smile as I follow Luhan with my eyes. He knows my habit of eating brownie with a glass of milk.

I stood up and followed Luhan to the kitchen with the box of brownies in my hand. I saw Luhan cooking while wearing an apron.

 

"You look good in apron, wifey" I teased but in myself I know that it was true. Luhan turned and gave me a look. I held up my hands in surrender. "Fine, I was just saying the truth anyway." I smirk and get a glass from the counter. I get the milk on the fridge and poured it into the glass. I put it back with the box but I get one pack first before closing the fridge.

Luhan was already sitting while waiting for whatever his cooking to simmer.

 

"Wifey, here. Eat some." I said and place the glass of milk and a pack of brownie on the table in front of him.

Luhan eyed me "Okay, tell me what you want this time, hubby" and suspiciously took a bite of his brownies.

 

"Yah what a wifey. I was just trying to be a good hubby here. It's not like I want something in return, tsk" I scoffed. I was just sharing the goodness here.

Luhan laughed, "Miane, I'm used to my friends giving me things but want something in return." he stood up to check the food then took another bite from his brownie. I laugh.

 

"You quite have a bunch of good looking friends." I commented.

 

"Oh someone's interested?" Luhan teased and wiggled his eyebrows. "Tell who you like?" he added.

 

"I don't know... yet. I don't know anyone of them yet but I think they would be good catch." I confessed, they all look good and trustworthy. "plus wifey I have you. I'll think of it when the time comes" I added just to . Luhan stiffened that made me laugh.

"Chill wifey, I was joking. You should have seen your face." I stiffled a laugh before continuing, "Anyway how much longer do I have to wait? The smell of your cooking makes me hungrier."

"Way to change a topic, hubby but don't worry your tummy would be fed soon. You can set the table while I'll transfer these." I nodded and gathered the two empty glasses and placed it in the sink. I wipe the table and place the clean utensils on the table. Soon we were eating.