Goodbye

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

 

I woke up the next morning… Feeling different… Something didn’t feel the same. The atmosphere changed. I looked around and I wasn’t in my old room… I wasn’t in the room at Seunghyun’s house either. I was on the couch in the den. My mom wouldn’t let me go back with Seunghyun and Bom that night. They couldn’t stay over either because Dami was at their house. I wonder how she is… If she is okay… Am I okay?
 

I slowly sat up and rubbed my head. I looked around the room before getting off the couch and headed for the door. I placed my hand on the knob and turned it slowly and pulled for the door to open towards me.
 

I walked out and it got brighter… It smelt like home… My mom’s cooking, the noises of the TV, the talking… My memories came back to me. I stepped out of the room and into the hallway. I heard footsteps coming down from the stairs and turned around to face Bora. She was dressed neatly. In dress pants and a nice dress shirt. Her hair was up in a bun. She was wearing little makeup. When she saw me, she smiled.
 

“Hey.” Bora said with a soft voice, still smiling.
 

“Where are you going?” I asked her.
 

“Where I feel like I belong.” She answered just standing there with her suitcase in her hand.
 

“Where is that though?” I asked again.
 

“Where do you belong Daesung?” She answered me with a question.
 

I looked at the ground and searched in my hand for the answer. She was right… Where do I belong? Here? Somewhere else? Bora smiled and walked towards me and placed a hand on my cheek. I looked up at her.
 

“I’ll be gone for a while… But you’ll at least know where I am.” She said softly moving away from me, taking her suitcase to the front door and setting it down. I turned and saw my mom come over to my sister and hugged her. She was crying… That’s what mothers do. A child comes home and another leaves. My dad came over to them with his car keys. Bora turned to him and then they hugged. After they pulled away Bora looked at my mom and dad.
 

“Stay safe Bora okay?” My mom said softly. She was smiling.
 

Bora nodded and then looked my way. “I’ll be okay.” She looked back at my mom. “Make sure you take care of my baby brother.” She joked. I just stood there, wanting to go over, but I didn’t know how to move. I forgot how to walk, I was in a trance. Bora looked at me again before turning back around. My dad picked up her suitcase and he opened the door for her.
 

The thought just hit me. Where was Youngbae? Did he not come to say bye to her? I looked towards the stairs and moved to walk up them, but my body was really telling me to go and say bye to her. I turned away from the stairs and headed for the door.
 

“Daesung.” My mom smiled, but it faded when I didn’t say anything in return. I reached the door and started to open it. “Where are you going???” My mom quickly asked putting down her cup with tea. I didn’t answer her and opened the door wide. I stepped outside as they were pulling away. I took a few deep breaths and watched as they left down the road. I turned back around to see my mom standing by the door. She had her hand on her chest. “I thought you were going to leave again.”
 

I just looked at her and sighed. I shook my head. “I’m not.” I said softly. “At least not yet.” I walked back inside the house and my mom closed the door.


 

--With Seunghyun and BOM--
 

 

Bom stood in the kitchen, washing the dishes. Seunghyun was at the table eating breakfast. Dami was on the other side of the table, she was staring at her food. Seunghyun took a few glances at her before finally putting down his fork and sighing.
 

“So what’s up with you?” He asked.
 

Dami looked up at him and shook her head. “Ani… Nothing.”
 

“You haven’t even eating your food yet? You’re missing out.” Seunghyun shook his head and went back to eating.
 

She just looked at him and then back down at the food. Bom looked over at them and went back to washing the dishes. “Mianhe… I guess i’m just not that hungry.” Dami said softly.
 

Seunghyun placed his fork back down. “Not hungry? You’ve been saying that everytime we sit to eat. Are you feeling okay?”
 

Dami nodded as she looked up at him. “Neh. I feel fine.”
 

“Maybe it’s because you have a disgusting pig for a brother.” Seunghyun muttered referring to Jiyong. “Where is he anyways? Did the police find him?” He asked Bom.
 

Bom shrugged her shoulders as she turned off the faucet and dried her hands. She walked over to the table and sat down. “I dunno.” She said as she picked up her spoon and started to eat her porridge.
 

“They’re still looking for him… was the last thing I have heard.” Dami said quietly.


Seunghyun looked at her. “Well I hope they get that bastard soon… I want Daesung to be able to enjoy life again.”
 

“Can you tell me about him?” Dami asked.
 

“Who? Daesung?” Seunghyun asked as he stuffed egg in his mouth. Dami nodded. Bom looked at her and then at Seunghyun. He swallowed the egg and thought for a second. “Well… I guess… I mean, what do you want to know?” Seunghyun asked.
 

“Who is he? What is he like?” Dami said softly.
 

“He’s a special kid…” Bom said softly. Seunghyun and Dami both looked at her. “A special kid with a lot of talent.”
 

“He’s stubborn…” Seunghyun continued. “He’s afraid and scared a lot of the times. He makes stupid decisions…” Seunghyun looked at the table, searching his mind for more thoughts. “He’s smart though… He knows what he wants, most of the time… but he just doesn’t have the courage to go out and get it.”
 

“Daesung is a friendly person… who gets taken advantage of alot.” Bom said softly. “He gets hurt and he just lets them do it.”
 

Dami sat there and listened to them. “Does he have a family?” She asked.
 

“Neh… He has a mom who loves him a lot… A dad who is strict, but holds a lot of care in his heart… and a sister who can be a sometimes.” Seunghyun muttered the last sentence.
 

“I wish I had a brother like Daesung…” Dami said smiling just a bit. “Someone who is kind… and not hurtful…” Her voice got softer. “I wish I had friends like Daesung has.” She was looking down at the table, fiddling with her fingers. “But I guess it’s too much to ask for.”
 

“You having a brother like Jiyong is not your fault… From what I know about you the few days you’ve been here… you’re just like Daesung.” Seunghyun said as he fiddled around with the egg on his plate.
 

Bom looked at him and then at Dami. “Look, you don’t have to worry about Jiyong anymore… He’s going away for a long time.”
 

“What happens when he is released…” Dami looks at her. “What am I going to do? What is Daesung going to do?” She asked.
 

Bom took a deep breath. “That’s not going to happen… Jiyong will never get out.”
 

“Not with everything that he has done… Almost killed Seungri, he rapped Daesung and literally killed him for a few minutes, Daesung again… That’s not counting the things he has done to other people.” Seunghyun shook his head. “When Jiyong and Dara used to date… Woooo that was bad… I can’t believe she still loves him..” He muttered.
 

Bom nudged him in the side. “Not anymore you Pabo…”
 

Seunghyun rubbed his side as he looked at Bom. He turned his attention to Dami. “What I am saying he is not getting out with what he has done.”
 

“You can stay here as long as you need too okay?” Bom smiled.
 

Dami smiled a bit and nodded. “Thank you.” She said softly.


 

----With Daesung-----


 

I sat at the table with my parents. It felt so lonely without Bora. I was used to more than just 2 voices speaking. They were laughing and smiled. I looked up at them and smiled too. I even responded to some things.
 

My mom then noticed my expressions. “Is everything okay baby?” She asked.
 

“Hm?” I looked at my mom. “Oh neh.” I nodded. “Everything is fine.” I said softly.
 

“He’s probably sad about his sister leaving.” My dad laughed.
 

My mom looked at my dad and then turned to look at me again. “Is that true Daesung?”
 

I nodded a little. “Sure.” I said softly. The truth is, I was still thinking about what Youngbae did last night. I didn’t know what to do about that. “May I be excused?” I asked.
 

“Sure… Where are you going?” My mom asked, getting ready to stand.
 

“I’m going to take a shower.” I said softly.
 

“Oh neh” She sat back down. “Go ahead.” She smiled.


I looked at her before heading to the shower. I walked up the stairs and passed by Bora’s room. I wanted to go in, but my body made me head to the bathroom. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I leaned against it and took a deep breath before turning on the shower.