Him & Her

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

Seunghyun just looked at me. His mouth opened. The tears falling from his eyes. I kept looking at him.

“Daesung… I thought you were dead.” He said softly.

I just looked away from him. I was trying to thinks of things to say… but the pain was just too much to bear any words.

“We have to tell the others about this.” Seunghyun said looking at me.

I turned my head to look at him. My eyes wide and big.

“You can’t do that” The doctor said looking at him.

Seunghyun looked at the doctor. “Why not?” He asked.

“It’s Daesung’s wishes that nobody knows about this except for you.” The doctor explained.

Seunghyun turned his head to look back at me. “But Daesung… Your family… You can’t do this to them.”

I looked away and closed my eyes. I wanted to tell him my reason for this so bad… But I couldn’t.

What is a family? What is a family to someone who cannot accept what their own flesh and blood has become? I am still me… I have not changed my appearance, my attitude, nothing. I am still the same Daesung I was since I was born. There is nothing different about me and if ‘my family’ cannot accept that…. Then what is a family? How can I call them a family…?

I opened my eyes back up and looked at Seunghyun. “Daesung.” He said softly. “You have to tell them. Do you know how much they are probably hurting right now? If you knew how much I was hurting when I heard the news then you-”

Seunghyun was cut off when the program on the TV quickly went to the news.

Breaking news here today as gruesome car accident turned tragic. One of the young boys, Kang Daesung age 21, has died from his injuries. The doctors were not able to revive him. Other accident victim, Choi Seunghyun age 23, is expected to recover and leave the hospital later today. Police are still searching for the suspect who committed the hit-and-run. If you have any information about his whereabouts or if you have seen him recently in your area. Please call the police immediately.

I watched the TV and closed my eyes once more. Seunghyun turned his gaze from the TV over to me. He wheeled his wheelchair closer and looked at me.

“Open your eyes man.” He muttered. I opened them and looked at him.

“I hate you” He muttered.

I smiled a little bit.

“But… I love you too Dae… I’m just happy you’re okay… I don’t understand your reason why you won’t tell your family… I just hope it’s a good reason” He said softly looking at me. “I’ll be back tomorrow to get you… I’ll figure out a disguise okay?”

I nodded at him.

Seunghyun nodded at the nurse to wheel him out. But he held up his hand and they stopped pushing him. “Wait.” He looked at the doctor.

“Neh?” The doctor responded.

“That woman that is out in the hallway… She lives with me. How can I hide him there if she is there too?” He asked.

The doctor looked at him and then at me. “Daesung… Did you hear what Seunghyun said? If you want to stay with him… The woman in the hallway has to know that you’re alive too.” The doctor explained.

Seunghyun looked at me. “It’s Bom Daesung. I’ll make sure she doesn’t tell anyone. I promise.”

I just looked at him. I closed my eyes and thought for a moment before nodding my head ‘yes.”

Seunghyun nodded and the nurses wheeled him out of the room. The Doctor followed them. Bom stood up when she saw him,

“What was in there?” She asked.

“Bom… There is something you should know. Also… see.” He said under his breath.

“Miss.” The doctor said opening the door.

Bom looked at Seunghyun confused and then at the doctor. She walked in the room. “What is going on?” She asked the doctor looking at him. When she saw me she just stopped.

The nurse was helping me sit up. She was putting pressure on my back to make it crack. I looked over at Bom when she walked over.

“Daesung?” She said softly. “Wait… So… You’re alive?” She asked.

I just looked away.

“Hello? Why aren’t you answering me? Why does everyone think you’re dead now… You’re still alive. Seungri yelled at Min because of your death.” Bom said getting mad.

I looked at her. “Noona” I said softly. “I don’t want anyone… to know… At least for a few weeks… Please… just respect that. It’s my decision to do this…” I coughed. “I will also appreciate… it…. If you don’t tell anybody about this… That means Min, Seungri, Minji and CL and anybody else.” I looked at my legs. The nurse was still trying to crack my back.

Bom just stood there for a second before walking out of the room. She walked over to Seunghyun.

“He’s alive?” She asked.

“He’s going to be staying with us.” He answered.

“Seunghyun… I don’t approve of this… He’s alive… His family needs to know that. His FRIENDS need to know that.” He said still getting mad.

“I know… I told him… But I’m his best friend… and I need to respect that… He must have a good reason for it… and I’m sure he will explain it tomorrow” Seunghyun responded to her. Hoping to calm her down.

She sighed and nodded. “Fine.”