Feeling

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

They all turned to look at me. I pulled off my glasses and hat. I dropped them to the floor. “I’m still alive.” I said softly. The tears slowly falling from my eyes.

Everyone just looked at me.

Youngbae looked at Seunghyun who looked back at him. “I wasn’t lying.” He whispered.

“I didn’t die.” I took a step towards them. My mom’s eyes were wide open. She slowly stood up. “There is a reason why I sound so similar and look similar to Daesung…” I looked away. “It’s because I am Daesung.” I looked back at them.

“Baby…” My mom said softly through her tears.

“It’s me mom…” I responded. She walked over and placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled me closer to her so she could rest her forehead on my forehead. “My baby is alive.”

Youngbae looked over at us, I saw him through the corner of my eyes. Everyone was so shock. I pulled away from my mom and looked at everyone.

“I know you’re all very angry with me… but…” I started to explain.

“You’re ing right we’re angry.” Bora just looked at me. Everyone turned to face her. She stood up and walked over to me. She shook her head. “You put us through so much pain. Why did you do it…”

I looked at her. “I wanted to know.” I said softly.

“Know? Know what?” She was pissed off. She pushed me against the wall.

I just looked at her. “I wanted to see if you all loved me still… even if I was gay.” I looked at the ground.

“You could have faced that back then instead of faking your own death!” Bora yelled.

"I didn't fake my own death!" I looked at her. "That car accident was real! That really happened! I really died!" I pointed to myself. "For some reason I came back after they declared me dead." I looked Bora in the eyes.

"I DONT CARE!" She yelled. “DO YOU REALIZE…” She took a deep breath. “Do you realize how much I cried since you ‘died’ huh!” There were tears coming down her cheeks. “Do you know how much pain we were all in!” She yelled.

“Bora…” Youngbae stood up.

“Shut up!” She turned around and yelled. I looked at Youngbae. She faced me again. “You saw the pain in our hearts and you didn’t even have a heart to tell us then! You knew our pain! Yet you had the decency to SHOW UP AT YOUR FUNERAL… and not tell us!” She yelled in my face. “You let us suffer for 8 ing months! YOU DIDN’T CARE!”

“Bora… Listen to me.” I said softly looking at her.

“Don’t ing talk to me.” She muttered.

“Maybe if you hadn’t driven me insane… I wouldn’t have gone to such lengths.” I looked at her.

She looked at me with a face that said what did you just say.

“Maybe if you hadn’t hurt MY OWN FEELINGS! Maybe if you UNDERSTOOD MY FEELINGS! I wouldn’t have had to pretend to be dead still!” I yelled back at her. “Maybe if you showed that you cared… This wouldn’t have to happen.” I shook my head at her. “Maybe if you had accepted the fact that I was gay, you wouldn’t have been hurting for so long.”

“Mom and dad did nothing to you…” She hissed.

“You brought this onto them.” I looked at her.

“Please stop you two.” My mom said looking at us.

"Wait... The scar on your neck... So you actually tried killing yourself... So either way..." Bora looked away from me.

"You tried to kill yourself?" My mom took a step towards me.

I didn't look at her. "I was really hurt... You guys wouldn't understand."

"No we wouldn't would we." Bora looked at me with an expression that says disbelief.

"I was hurt Bora... I pushed away one of my closest friends who tried to help me... He tried to understand me... but I pushed him away." I looked at the ground. "I wanted to keep what happy memories I had... Instead of trying to make new ones." I looked up at Bora. "I didn't feel like living anymore..."

Bora shook herhead. "Tch... You're so stupid... You tried killing yourself... That is one of the most stupidest things you could have ever thought of."

"I ran off... I was only with Seunghyun and Bom for about a month before I took off." I looked around at everyone. "I was scared and I didn't want to bring anyone else down with my problem."

"So were you deciding to never tell us..." Bora's eyes started to water up. She was angry.

I just looked at her and said nothing.

“What about your friends… You know what… Bom and Seunghyun are just as sinister as you… They kept this a secret…” Bora looked at them.  "They could have told us the truth."

Bom took a step towards Bora, but Seunghyun held her arm. "You guys wouldn't have believed us." Seunghyun muttered looking at Bora. "I've tried telling Youngbae, but he shook it off."

Bora looked at Youngbae. "He told you?"

"I didn't believe him." Youngbae responded with a soft voice.

"You're just as stupid as Seunghyun and Bom... Even Daesung." Bora kept looking at Youngbae.

“Don’t talk about them like that… I made them promise not to tell.” I said softly. “I was going to tell you guys the truth a few weeks later… After I took off... But I gotten scared and I couldn’t”

“Why… What were you so afraid of.” Bora asked, still angry.

“Jiyong… You… Everyone… The fact that you would hate me if I was gay.” I looked away.

“But I love you either way baby.” My mom said looking at me. I looked over at her.

“Doesn’t take away the fact that you hide for 8 months.” Bora shook her head.

“I had no choice.” I said softly.

“You could have came home..” Bora ignored me as she talked.

“When I found out that you guys packed up my stuff and sold it… I thought that you guys moved on so fast. That you don’t care about me anymore.” I looked back at Bora.

“We were in PAIN!” Bora yelled as she slapped my face. Everyone in the room gasp and Bora just stood there. She covered with her hands. “Oh my gosh… Daesung… I’m sorry.” She quickly said. She reached out to touch me and I instantly thought about Jiyong. I quickly moved away from her.

“This is why… I didn’t want to tell you guys…” I looked around. “Because of you Bora.” I took a deep breath. “I knew I could never talk to you about my problems or anything because of how you would react…” I shook my head. “You all can thank Bora for those 8 months.” I quickly walked to the kitchen. "Do you wanna see what Bora pushes me to do!" I yelled as I opened a drawer in the kitchen.

"Daesung what are you doing?" Seunghyun slowly walked over.

I kept moving things around in the drawer looking for something. "Do you wanna see when everytime Bora looks at me with disgust what I want to do!" I kept yelling.

Seunghyun walked into the kitchen and over to me. "Daesung stop." He said with his hands up slightly.

Everyone looked in the direction of the kitchen. I pulled out a knife and pushed past Seunghyun and walked back to the living room. "Do you wanna see what I wanna do..." I muttered looking at everyone. "Do you...!" I looked at Bora. "Do you see how much pain YOU put me through!" I yelled at her. I pointed the knife at her and then at my neck. "I did this because I was tired of everything... I wanted to go back to my old self when I was happy... BEORE YOU GOT WITH HIM!" I yelled and pointed the knife at Youngbae. "I did this!" I pointed the knife back at my neck. "I did this before I didn't want to be in pain anymore..." I lowered the knife slightly. "Because of you..." I looked at Bora.

"Daesung... Put the knife down... Please." Youngbae said softly. He slowly stood up and walked a few steps my way.

"Don't come near me..." I muttered pointing the knife at him.

"Daesung I'm sorry." Bora choked.

"Bull ." I quickly turned my gaze back to her.

Seunghyun stood behind me as everyone looked my way. He quickly grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I dropped the knife and pushed myself away from him. I took one last look at Bora and headed for the door.

“Daesung don’t go.” My mom quickly said. “Please.” She pleaded.

I ignored her and opened the door. I walked outside. Seunghyun started after me, but Youngbae beat him to it.

I had my arms crossed and walking down the sidewalk. The blizzard was getting heavier. “Daesung wait up.” Youngbae yelled running after me.

I didn’t slow down. I kept walking. “Leave me alone.” I muttered. Trying to keep myself warm.

Youngbae stopped walking. “I was hurt that you didn’t tell us… But I can understand why.”

I stopped walking. I slowly turned to the side.

“You were scared… That nobody loved you… I know that feeling. You’re scared of not knowing the answer. You never wanted to find out the truth from the other person or you thought you already knew.” He looked at the ground and continued to talk. I turned more to face him fully. “I know you like me Daesung.” Youngbae looked up at me.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words were coming out. I looked around. I wanted to run. Youngbae started walking over to me. I went to take a step back but it felt like my body froze. Youngbae was now right in front of me. I looked at him. I was hyperventilating.

He smiled a little bit and tilted his head to the side. “I’m sorry that I never told you this sooner… Maybe it could have saved you and the rest of us from the pain. I guess we were both at fault.” He said softly as he looked at me.

“What do you mean.” I quickly said

He placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in to kiss him.

....