In Silence

Without That xx

[Daesung's POV]

I could… Hear a car horn blaring. My head hung low and blood ran down the side. My eyes were closed and the smell of gas and smoke arose in the area. Pieces of glass was everywhere. Where was I. I heard people shouting for the ambulance. I heard people running over asking if someone was okay.

What happened? Am I dead? Am I saved from life’s tortures?

I felt a hand on my neck and then some talking. My eyes were still closed, I couldn’t move I was shut down… except for my mind, it could still hear the world.

What happened? Hyung? Where are you? Are you okay? Hyung? Answer me! I’m scared…

We have a serious automobile crash here on Jongno Street. Two cars involved. Two males serious injured, one is unconscious, and we can’t get the door opened to get the unconscious one because the other car involved is slammed right into the side. The semi-conscious one we were able to get out and is now laying on the street. The driver of the other car took off, we cannot locate him.” His voice faded out as I started to lose my hearing. My mind felt like it was shutting down.

What happened?

Are there any witnesses’? Tell me what you guys saw again…” One of the Cop’s asked as the paramedics were on their way. A tow truck was trying to pull the other car away so they can get to me when they arrive.

We were just walking as we heard a big screech and looked over to see a car slamming into another car. Glass went everywhere and both car’s horns were going off.” One of the pedestrians explained.

Then we saw a man get out of the car, that crashed into the other car. He walked up to the other car and then… I think he smiled? I’m not sure… But he took off running.” Another girl tried explaining.

A random man saw and took off running after the guy, he came back a few minutes later and said he couldn’t catch him. He was gone when he turned a corner.” The first girl added.

Was there any movement after the other driver took off to before we got here from the two in the other car?” The cop asked and my mind kept going out. I don’t know what the response was from the girls.

What is happening? Someone…

The paramedics soon arrived. Just in time? Maybe? Hopefully?

I’m still sitting here… In silence. Not moving, not breathing, bleeding and crying. My eyes closed and my heart hurting.

~

They were home when this all happened. They were laughing, Bora tried to hide her emotions after my explosion with words towards her earlier. She tried smiling and keeping her normal self together. Youngbae was better at hiding his feelings. He had his arm around Bora’s shoulder as they laughed with my parents who were making lunch. The phone rang and my mom placed down the knife she was using to cut chicken and walked over to the phone.

“Yobosayo?” She said softly into the phone. “Neh, I am his mother. What happened?” She asked starting to get worried. “NO! IS HE OKAY!?” My mother started to yell and cry. My dad dropped the stuff he was holding and ran over to her. She was on the floor against the wall crying. Bora looked at Youngbae and then at my mom.

“What happened?”

~

Back at the hospital Seungri was still talking with CL and Minzy. BOM and Dara were with Min in the cafeteria. They were waiting for Seunghyun and I to get back from my house.

Well… I’m coming back.

All of a sudden the Emergency entrance doors busted open and they ran the two stretchers in. The alarms in the hospital were going off. Then the intercom .

Attention all available doctors, we request your assistance for an emergency. Two males are coming in from a serious automobile wreck. One has life threatening injuries. Attention all available doctors please report to the OR for emergency surgery.” The intercom turned off and the alarms turned off a few minutes later.

Seungri and the two girls looked at each other.

“Maybe the accident is on the news if it’s that bad.” Seungri said as he reached for the remote and turned it on to the news station.

Breaking news, automobile accident leaves 2 injured men, one with life threatening injuries. The wreck happened right on Jongno Street approximately 45 minutes ago. The driver of the other car was reported to be seen fleeing from the scene. The two injured are being transported to the emergency room now. Stay tuned for more updates on this wreck.

“Wow it must be that bad.” CL said as she played with her nails. Minzy looked up from her phone and then stood up.

“I’ll be right back, I’m going to get something to eat.” She said softly and walked out of the room. She walked down the hallway as several nurses and doctors ran past her. She made it towards the lobby and a few people ran in.

“WHERE’S MY SON!” The woman yelled.

Minzy turned to look. “Mrs. Kang?”