Finally A Beep. Life Begins anew.

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

It started with a heart and to keep it filled with joy, you have to feed it. Feed it with the truth and love it deserves. Neglect it and the heart will start to shrivel up and turn to dust.

Just give me a chance… That’s all I ask…

It ended with a tear, but then started back up with thread…

Finally a beep. Life begins anew.

A brand new day… A new day to start over.

Look at the scars and remember… The pain it took to get here… Never forget what could have happened if it was real.

I’m giving you a chance… Just trust me…

Okay…

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was by myself. I had an oxygen mask on. There was 3 second pause beeps coming from the machine in the room. I looked over at it. I then looked back at the ceiling and closed my eyes again.

“Doctor he has a pulse again!” The nurse yelled and he ran back over.

“How is that even possible?” The doctor questioned himself and then ordered the staff to help. “Mae get the oxygen mask him” The doctor ordered and the nurse quickly brought over the machine.

I was given a second chance… Maybe things would be better this time…

The doctor looked over at me as I opened my eyes a little bit.

“You’re finally awake.” He smiled.

“I’m not dead?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “Aniyo… Well we lost you for a few moments there, but all of a sudden your pulse came back and your heart started back up on its own.” He explained.

I looked at him and closed my eyes again.

“I’ll be right back to check your vitals… I have to tell your family that you pulled through. It was crazy, you came back to us after I told them you were already passed.” He stood up and head for the door.

I opened my eyes. “Doctor” I said softly. He stopped walking and turned back to face me.

“Neh?” He looked over.

“Please don’t tell them I’m alive still…” I said softly.

He looked confused and he walked back over. “Why not?” He asked.

“I want to see how they react… I wanna see if they actually miss me… I just…” I stopped to take a deep breath and closed my eyes. “I just want to see if things are better if I am not there.” I opened my eyes back up and looked at the doctor again.

“Daesung… I don’t think that’s okay” He said softly.

“Please… I really need to know this… Just a few weeks. Please.” I said as the tears fell down my cheeks.

The doctor sighed and nodded. “Fine Okay… But you have to tell one person that you can stay with.”

“I can’t stay here?” I asked in a soft voice.

“Aniyo Daesung. We need these beds for patients. You’ll be here for a few days… But you need to go home with someone.” He explained to me.

I looked away and started to thinks for a moment. “How is Seunghyun?” I asked.

“He’s fine. He’s going home today.” The doctor answered.

“I’ll tell him and him only then” I said softly.

He nodded and quietly walked out of the room. I looked back at the ceiling. I was still in a lot of pain. The medicine was wearing off. I closed my eyes again.

Wondering…Thinking…Dreaming…Wanting to know what their faces looked like right now.

Right from the start, you were a thief you stole my heart…

And I your willing victim.

I let you see the parts of me that weren’t all that pretty and with every touch you fix them…

Now you’ve been talking in your sleep… things you’d never say to me… Tell me that you’ve had enough… of our love.

Just give me a reason, just a little bits enough… Just a second we’re not broken just bent and we could learn to love again.

It’s in the stars, it’s been written in the scars on our hearts... We’re not broken just bent and we can learn to love again…

 

I thought that we were fine…

 

Your head is running wild again…

 

It’s all in your mind…

 

They were in the living room back at the house. My mom quickly went and changed into her black dress and sat silently on the couch. Not saying a word. Bora locked herself in her room and my dad sat in his den. Youngbae stood in my room. Looking at everything. My bed was left the way it was the last time I slept in it.

Everything was out of place. Youngbae slowly walked over and sat down on my bed. He looked over at the pictures on my desk. There was one of me and my sister when we were younger. There was one of me and Youngbae a few years ago. It was like a time stamp. The older I was in the pictures the sadder I looked.

He got off the bed and bent down. He pulled one of my shoe boxes from underneath the bed and sat down on the floor. He opened the shoe box and looked through the photo-booth pictures I took with people over the years.

He sighed as he closed his eyes and remembered the conversation we had a couple months ago about the photos.

 

“Hey bro what’s up?” Youngbae said as he walked in. I turned around to face him.

“Hyung what are you doing here?” I asked looking at him.

“Your family invited me to dinner tonight.” He said smiling at me.

Seeing him smiled, made me want to smile, but I just couldn’t. I closed the box and held it tight. He looked at me and tilted his head.

“What’s the matter Dae?” He asked.

I looked at the box and then back at him. “Nothing Youngbae, nothing is wrong” I said forcing a fake smile.

He just gave a look. I knew that he knew that me smile was fake. He practically lived with us at the house, I knew him since we were little. He knows my every emotion, real or fake.

“Something is wrong.” He sighed walking over and sat next to me on my bed. My heart started to skip a beat.

“I was going to give you one of the pictures, Seungri, Seunghyun and I took at the mall, but Jiyong took it from me.” I said softly.

He looked at me and then laughed.

I looked at him confused.

“What are you laughing?” I asked him frowning.

“Why are you upset about that?” He laughed again.

“I don’t get it Hyung… I wanted to give you that picture.” I muttered.

“This picture?” He smiled and showed me.

I took the picture from him and looked at it. I turned my gaze back to him. “Where did…” I started.

“Jiyong gave it to me.” He finished and smiled.

Youngbae clutched a picture to his chest and leaned his head back. The tears were falling down his cheeks. He was hurting. Everyone was. I just want to see it.

Back at the hospital Seungri was packing up getting ready to go hom. No one said a single word since they found out.

“How can this happen…” Seungri muttered under his breath. Minji looked over at him, so did CL. “First I was almost killed, now Daesung actually gets killed… Who else I Jiyong going to kill!” He started to yell.

“Oppa… Calm down.” Minji said placing a hand on his shoulder.

“NO! No I will NOT calm down!” He turned around. Min, Bom and Dara turned to look at him. “It’s not right! It’s not fair! Daesung has done nothing wrong to Jiyong and… and he goes and gets killed by Jiyong and Seunghyun almost gets killed! What the hell is going on!?” Seungri continues to yell.

“How do we know it was Jiyong?” Min says softly. Seungri looked up at her.

“Look I don’t really know you that well… So I would appreciate it that you just keep your mouth shut.” Seungri snapped at her. “We all know it was Jiyong who caused that accident! You would think so too if your heart was being torn to shreds by this right now.” He muttered.

Min just looked at him. “You don’t think I’m hurting by this too?! For Christ’s sake, I loved Daesung! I really, really liked him! For once someone stood up for me and didn’t take advantage of me… Daesung was a really kind boy… Don’t you dare say… That I am not hurting from this too… My heart is being torn to shreds.” Min muttered at Seungri as she dropped what she was packing and walked out of the room.

She passed back the doctor, who stopped to look at her. He then continued to walk and then went into Seunghyun’s room. He was sitting up, looking at the T.V. They already told him that Daesung was dead. He hasn’t said anything to anyone, since waking up after the small surgery.

“How are you feeling Seunghyun?” The doctor asked him.

Seunghyun just ignored him.

“I’ll take that as great.” He wrote it down on the clip board and a nurse wheeled the wheel chair in the room. “Seunghyun I need you to cooperate with the nurses to get you into the wheel chair. We need to show you something…”

Seunghyun kept looking at the T.V. “Please… Just… just leave me alone.” He said softly.

“This is important…” The doctor said looking at him.

Seunghyun turned his head to look at the doctor.

“Please… You would want to see this.” The doctor added.

Seunghyun slowly sat up and the nurses helped him in the wheel chair. They wheeled him into the hallway and passed Seungri and the others who were walking out. They stopped and looked at Seunghyun.

“Hey how are you feeling?” Seungri asked looking at him.

Seunghyun looked up at Seungri. “I’m fine. I’ll call you later okay.” He said softly. Bom looked at him.

“I’m going to stay here and wait for Seunghyun to get out.” Bom said handing the stuff she was holding to Minzy.

“Are you sure?” Minzy asked.

“Neh, I’ll take him home.” Bom answered.

Minzy nodded and Seungri kept looking at Seunghyun. “Everything will be okay… We’ll get that son of a Jiyong…” He whispered. Seunghyun didn’t say anything. The nurses started to move the wheel chair and Bom followed them and the doctor. They reached a room.

The doctor turned to face Bom. “I will need you to wait out here please.”

Bom looked at him and sighed. “Alright.” She turned and sat down in the chairs a few feet away.

They opened the door and wheeled Seunghyun in the room. He was staring off into space. When they stopped him he came back into the world and shook his head.

“Please… When we show you what is behind this curtain… You cannot tell anyone about this alright? Not even that woman in the hallway.” The doctor explained.

“Whatever.” Seunghyun muttered. They pulled the curtain open and the tears instantly started to fall from his eyes when he saw me. I was laying on the hospital bed, my eyes closed. The oxygen mask back on me. “He’s alive?” Seunghyun said softly.

“He was actually legally dead, but somehow he came back. His heart started back up on its own” The doctor explained.

My eyes opened and I turned my head to look at Seunghyun.

The tears fell down my cheeks.