Those Damn Shoeboxes

Without That xx

[Daesung's POV]

"What are you doing here?" Seunghyun looked at Youngbae.

"I just needed to get something of Daesung's for his mother." Youngbae said walking past them. He noticed the shoeboxes in Seunghyun's hand.

"What were you getting?" Seunghyun asked.

"Those." Youngbae pointed to the shoeboxes. "His mother wanted pictures of him and his friends for a book... So I came up here to get them." Youngbae reached for the box.

"You can't have them." I said out of my control. I just stopped when I realized what I said.

"I'm sorry?" Youngbae turned around to look at me.

"I... I... You can't..." I shook my head and then turned around. I was looking all over the place. 

"Youngbae we need these for something too." Seunghyun sighed. "I have pictures at my house of us all you can have. I'll just go make copies. Neh?" Seunghyun said looking at me and then at Youngbae.

Youngbae nodded at Seunghyun and then looked at me. "What was your name again?" Youngbae asked me.

"Um? M..My name?" I stuttered.

"No the person behind you." Youngbae sighed. I actually looked behind me. "Yes you..." He then added.

I looked back at him. "It's..." I closed my eyes for a second. 

"Daehyun." Bom answered. "His name is Daehyun." 

Youngbae looked at Bom and then at me again. He smiled. "Looks just like Daesung and his name is almost similar." He laughed and patted my head. "I wonder if you'll be just like him." He then walked out of the room.

I sighed with relief. "Now that you mention it... You do look a lot like Daesung." Seungri spoke up.

"Hm?" I turned my focus to him.

"Well they do say that there are 7 people who look like you." Seunghyun said as he gently pushed me towards the door.

"Hey where are you going?" Seungri asked.

"uh... my house?" Seunghyun said walking out of the room.

"You're not staying for dinner?" Chaerin asked.

"Aniyo?" Seunghyun stopped walking and shook his head.

"Oh? Well when will you guys be back? You and Bom that is... and I guess the Daesung look-a-like..." Seungri asked.

"I don't know why?" Seunghyun sighed.

"Well because his dad wants to pack up Daesung's room and put his things in storage or sell it." Chaerin answered.

"What?! Why!" I freaked out when I heard that.

They all looked at me. "Because his parents both think it'll be easier to get over him if his stuff wasn't in their sight." Seungri muttered.

"But it's not in their sight! They can keep the door locked and throw away the key! It's much better than putting it all away!" I yelled. "What if they forget what he sounded like or looked like! What if they wanted to remember what he smelt like... What if they forget who he was...." I said softly. I turned to look at Seunghyun. "I can't do this anymore..." I said to him.

"Hey..." Seunghyun said softly. 

"They won't forget who he was..." Seungri said walking over to me.

"They can't... It just hurts them to see all of his stuff here and not him... They're not doing this because they may forget him... They don't want to remember the pain." Minji said looking up.

I just stood there and looked at them. "You don't understand..." I said softly. "I wanna go." I muttered and turned around. 

Bom and Seunghyun followed me outside and over to the car. "Daesung." Bom said softly. "It's going to be okay." 

"How is it Noona?" I siad turning around. Seunghyun stood next to Bom, still holding the two boxes. "Please tell me how it's going to be okay! I can't do this hiding anymore! I know my family! They don't! They will forget who I was! It'll take a few months before they act like nothing has happened!" I yelled.

"Daesung you need to be strong... It was you who wanted to do this to see if they love you enough... They obviously do or you wouldn't have seen your own mother balling her eyes out at the funeral!" Seunghyun yelled looking at me.

"Then why are they selling my stuff." I asked softly.

"Didn't you hear them... They want to forget..." Bom started to talk.

"Ah that Noona! That's not true!" I yelled at her.

"Don't you yell at her Daesung." Seunghyun stepped in.

"What are you so afraid of?!" Bom said looking at me.

"That I'm going to end up alone... I can't go through that! I need them to understand the pain that they've cause me!" I muttered.

"And they have..." Seunghyun replied.

"Get it together you guys." Someone said walking over slowly. His hands were in his pockets and he was smiling.

Bom and Seunghyun turned around.

"What the hell are you doing here...." Seunghyun muttered.

"Just... paying my respects." Jiyong smiling. He looked at me and then back at Seunghyun. "The family invited me over."

"You have some nerve returning here after what you've done..." Seunghyun said taking a step towards Jiyong.

"What'cha got there?" Jiyong asked nodding towards the two boxes in Seunghyun's arms.

"Non of your damn business..." Seunghyun muttered.

"What is in those damn shoeboxes?" Jiyong asked.

"You need to get out of here!" Seunghyun yelled. "If Daesung's mother found what you've done..." He shook his head.

Jiyong smiled at Seunghyun. "What did I do Seunghyun? Please enlighten me." He laughed.

"You purposely crashed into MY car KILLING Daesung!" Seunghyun. "You caused this whole mess to start! YOU KILLED MY BESTFRIEND!" Seunghyun yelled.

"What are you going to do about it Seunghyun?" Jiyong asked looking at him.

"I'm going to kick your ..." Seunghyun said under his breath.

"I'm sorry... what was that?" Jiyong said mocking Seunghyun.

"You son of a..." Seunghyun dropped the shoe boxes and the pictures fell out. He tackled Jiyong to the ground and started punching him.

I quickly bent down and started picking up the pictures. "Stop it you two!" Bom yelled as she watched them. I paid no attention to what they were doing... Only to the memories I could possibly have left... The memories I can cherish before my everything else was destroyed.

Bom ran into the house to get someone's help and people came out of the house and over to the spot where Seunghyun was fighting Jiyong. 

Jiyong punched Seunghyun and he fell back on the ground next to me. He quickly got up and then tackled Jiyong again. I was still collecting the pictures.

"What the hell is going on!" Bora yelled when she ran over.

"Someone stop them!" Bom yelled. 

Seungri ran over and grabbed Seunghyun from the waist and pulled him off of Jiyong. Youngbae grabbed Jiyong from behind and held him. They were both beaten up and bleeding from their faces.

"You look pretty good Hyung." Jiyong laughed.

"You son of a..." Seunghyun lashed out at Jiyong but Seungri pulled him back.

"What are you two doing!" Bora yelled. "Can't you both respect this family! My family! We just lost somebody... my brother and... you two are fighting like animals!" She yelled. Youngbae kept holding Jiyong back.

"What the hell is going on anyways?" Seungri asked, holding back the crazy Seunghyun.

I was still picking up the pictures. I closed the boxes and held them in my arms. Bom was watching me.

"Tell them what you did Jiyong! Tell them what you did to Daesung!" Seunghyun yelled. 

"Tell them what I did?! Tell them how you were drinking and driving at the time of the accident and ran the red light!" Jiyong laughed. "You're the one that cause Daesung's accident! Not me!" Jiyong yelled.

"I was not drinking! Ask Daesung!" Seunghyun. I looked over at him. 

"He's dead... how can you ask him?" Jiyong said so calmly and pulled himself from Youngbae. "You cause your own bestfriend's death."

The crowd gasp. "I did not!" Seunghyun yelled as he kicked Seungi, and Seungri had to let him go. Seunghyun ran after Jiyong and tackled him to the ground. "You're the one that crashed into my car! You're the one that killed Daesung!"

I just stood there watching what was happening. Bom looked at me. "Daesung do something." She whispered worriedly into my ear. I looked at her and then at the other two fighting on the ground.

"Stop it please... No more fighting. I can't take this pain anymore.." Daesung said looking at them. Seunghyun stopped punching Jiyong and turned around to look at me. "Do you think Daesung would like to see you fighting Seunghyun. He could care less about Jiyong because of all the pain that Jiyong put him through. Forcing him to be his boyfriend, him, hurting him! Do you realize how much Daesung cried every night because he though no one loved him... Only if he could see how much everyone is talking about him now... now that he is gone... People 'crying' over him... People 'Fighting' over him... It's stupid and selfish of you all to do this..." I muttered looking at them.

Jiyong slowly slipped away and took off. Seunghyun turned around and saw him running. He got up and started limping after him. "You ing coward! Get back here!" Seunghyun yelled.

"Seunghyun! Listen to me!" I yelled. "Just let him go..." I siad softly. I looked at the other people around us. "Seunghyun didn't cause that accident. It was Jiyong who crashed into Seunghyun's car... Daesung distracted Seunghyun from the road with him talking about the last argument he had with his sister..." I said softly. "It was the both of them... They're both at fault... Jiyong is just more at fault than Daesung is..."