I Called Them

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

 

I don’t know what happened. I out and that’s all I remember. When I finally opened my eyes, everything wasn’t clear at first. I couldn’t make out what objects were what and what colors they were.

 

I groaned as I turned my head to the side, that was when I felt two hands on me. “Don’t move.” One of them said softly

 

“Who are you?” I groaned closing my eyes again.

 

“What the hell were you thinking…” The guy said looking at me. “Running off like that!” He yelled in a loud whisper.

 

“What are you talking about.” I pulled my hands up to cover my face. “What happened.” I asked, my voice muffled by my hands.

 

“Do you know how sick and worried we were! 8 months! Nothing! No contact! You just ran away!” He kept yelling.

 

“What?” I groaned. “Why are…” I moved my hands from my face, but kept my eyes closed. “...you yelling.”

 

“Because I’m pissed!” He yelled. “Daesung… you left us… without saying anything…” He lowered his voice to a soft caring tone. “Why…”

 

I opened my eyes again and they started to clear up. I looked to the side slowly, hearing my breathing. “I was scared.” I finally responded.

 

“Of what? Daesung… it’s time to end this once and for all…” He said looking at me.

 

“Seunghyun… It’s not that simple.” I responded.

 

“How is it not simple Daesung! We have the proof to put Jiyong away! We have a witness!” Seunghyun shook his head at me.

 

I looked away and remembered about Dami. “Where is that girl!” I quickly asked looking at him.

 

“She’s with Bom back at home.” Seunghyun said softly. “She’s okay.” He added.

 

I looked at Seunghyun before looking at the ceiling of the hospital room. “I’m sorry.” I closed my eyes.

 

Seunghyun moved his chair closer to my bed and grabbed onto my hand. “Then please… Please tell them the truth.”

 

“I can’t.” I shook my head and opened my eyes. “Not until Jiyong is out of my life.”

 

“We will take care of that! You need to tell your family the truth first… So they can be there for you and help!” Seunghyun let go of my hand and stood up. “We finally have you back, I won’t let you out of my sight… unless you want me to go.” He looked at me.

 

I returned the look.

 

“If you want me to stay then tell me you’ll tell them tonight.” He waited for a response.

 

I kept my eyes on him for a second before looking away.

 

“I get it…” Seunghyun shakes his head and turns around to leave. “It’s Christmas Eve Daesung… Your parents deserve to have a Christmas miracle…” He stands there for a second before turning to the side to look at me. “You know what your mother’s Christmas wish is.” I just look at him. “tch… Her Christmas wish ever since the beginning of November was to have you back.” He turns back to the door, A tear falls down my cheek. “I guess she won’t even get that…” He starts to walk out.

 

I closed my eyes. “Wait.” I said softly. Seunghyun stops walking, but keep facing the door. “You’ll be by my side right.” I opened my eyes and looked at Seunghyun, whose back was still towards me.

 

He turned his head to the side.

 

“You won’t leave me right.” I said softly.

 

Seunghyun doesn’t say anything.

 

“You won’t leave me right…” I said again, the tears falling down my cheeks more. “I’ll tell them…” I nod my head. “Tomorrow morning. I’ll surprise them.” My voice choked.

 

Seunghyun turned more to the side to face me. He looked me in the eyes and smiled a bit before walking out of the room. I closed my eyes and turned to face the ceiling. The tears not stopping.

 

A couple of hours later Seunghyun came back with the doctor who gave me the okay to go home. If I felt any pain, I would have to come back. I’m never going back.

 

In the car I stared at the window and held my hand on my stomach. The spot where Jiyong stabbed me. My mind went back to when we celebrated my birthday. When Jiyong attacked Seungri. I closed my eyes and rubbed them with my other hand.

 

Seunghyun kept his eyes on the road, but for a split second he looked my way. “You okay?” He asked looking back at the road.

 

I kept looking out the window. “Yeah.” I said softly. “I’m just fine.”

 

Seunghyun smiled a bit before pulling up at the driveway. “Bom is excited to see you home.” He looked at me after he put the car in park. “She made up your room, so you’ll sleep great tonight.”

I looked over at him and smiled slightly before unbuckling myself. I opened the car door and started to get out.

 

“Wait, let me help you.” Seunghyun said as he quickly got out of the car and ran around to my side.

 

“It’s okay hyung, I’ve got it.” I said leaning against the car. Seunghyun started to move his arms around my waist, but stopped. He looked up at me.

 

“You sure?” He asked.

 

“Neh.” I muttered before slowly moving towards the front door. Seunghyun held onto my arm anyways.

 

We got to the front door and opened it.

 

WITH YOUNGBAE AND BORA

 

They sat in the living room floor wrapping presents. “Who is this for?” Youngbae asked hoping up a Chrome Hearts shirt.

 

Bora looked up at Youngbae. She was wearing glasses that were sliding off her nose, she pushed them up before responding. “That’s for Seungri.” She looked back down and continued wrapping something.

 

“Oh neh.” Youngbae said softly as he placed it in the shirt box and wrapped it up. He moved his hands and picked up a photo. He stared at it and felt a tear fall down his cheek.

 

Bora looked up again and saw him. “You okay?” She asked.

 

“Hm?” Youngbae looked up at her and rubbed his eyes. “Oh yes I am… Sorry I was just looking at this picture.” He smiles as he looked at it. “It just brought tears to my eyes.”

 

“What picture was it?” She asked looking over

 

“This one.” Youngbae said handing her the frame.

 

Bora took it and looked at the picture. She smiled. “Yeah. This one is for Daesung.”

 

“But…” Youngbae’s voice was soft.

 

“Yes… I know he is dead… But I would like to put this at his grave site for him.” She handed the photo frame with the picture inside back to him. “I didn’t want to leave him out this Christmas.” She finished wrapping a gift and placed it to the side, only to pick up another one. “I got him this too.” She said holding up a bracelet. “He liked jewellery… Even more than me.” She laughed a little. “And my mom. He was always a wierd kid…” He laughter turned into a sorrowful smile. “I miss him.” She said softly.

 

Youngbae looked down at the frame. “I miss him too.”

 

She wiped her eyes and started to wrap up the bracelet after putting it in a box. “You wanna know what is funny?” She kept smiling.

 

“What?” Youngbae answered wrapping the frame up and writing my name on it.

 

“I always had this feeling that Daesung liked you.” She said putting the wrapped bracelet box to the side.

 

Youngbae looked up at you. “What do you?”

 

“I dunno…” She shrugged. “He was always happier when you were around. Whenever you weren’t at the house he would ask about you sometimes… Or when I would force him to go with me somewhere he would ask me to ask if you could go.” She laughed and looked up at him. “I just had this feeling.” She said softly. “But I could be wrong. He knows we’re dating and… I don’t know.” She shook her head and picked up something else to wrap up.

 

Youngbae just looked away and sighed quietly. “Yeah… I doubt it.” He said under his breath.

 

“Hm? What was that?” Bora asked wrapping something else.

 

“Oh, nothing.” Youngbae responded standing up.

 

“Where are you going?” She asked.

 

“To the bathroom.” He said as he moved to the bathroom.

 

“Okay…” Bora said softly and frowned.

 

WITH DAESUNG

 

“Welcome home Daesung!” Bom smiled as she brought over a cake to the table. She placed it down in front of me.

 

“Why the cake?” Seunghyun laughed.

 

“Well… Daesung missed your birthday so I thought we could celebrate again.” She smiled.

 

Seunghyun just looked at her weird. He shook his head and laughed. “No no no Bom… We could use this cake to celebrate his homecoming!” He threw his hands up in the air.

 

I just looked at the two and shook my head. “You guys are weird.” I said softly.

 

Bom smiled and grabbed my cheeks. She shook my head. “Nooooo… well… At least I’m not.” She laughed and let go. “Seunghyun on the other hand…”

 

“Hey!” Seunghyun pouted and crossed his arms.

 

I smiled as I looked down at the cake.

 

“Oh! He’s smiling!” Bom smiled. “Quick! Get the camera!” She pushed Seunghyun, which caused his to lose balance and fall back. He grabbed onto the table hitting the plate the cake was on, causing that to fall on top of him.

 

It was silence. Then suddenly… Bom and I laughed. Seunghyun sat up and wiped the cake from his face. “Oh shut up.” He laughed.

 

Dami walked down the stairs and slowly made her way over to us. Bom and I noticed her and stopped laughed. Seunghyun continued to laugh until Bom kicked him.

 

I looked at Dami and stood up.
“I called them.” She said softly.