Did He Know Something

Without That xx

 

I must have sat against that wall for a good hour or two cause my sister kept coming to my door and banging on it.

“Daesung! HURRY UP!” She would yell.

I wouldn’t even say anything back to her. Just sigh and stare at the ground and then the wall and everywhere else.
I finally got the strength to stand up, using the wall and the desk next to me.
I stood up and walked back to my bed and slowly undressed.

“Are you almost done?” Bora came back around to asking.

“Almost” I responded softly.

I slowly pulled up my pants and slipped on my shirt. I tucked it in and buckled my pants.

10 minutes later… another knock.
“Look… You need to hurry up. We have to be somewhere’s… Like… NOW!” Bora yelled.

I just ignored her and looked in my mirror fixing my hair. My gaze went from my hair to my neck. That mark. I moved my hand and placed it over it.

A tear fell down my cheek as I closed my eyes. I managed to open them a few minutes later and walk over to my dresser to pull out a scarf.

I wrapped it around my neck and walked towards my door. I breathed in heavily and let it all out before opening the door.

“Finally!” Bora yelled throwing her hands in the air. She turned around and walked down the hallway and down the stairs. I slowly followed behind her but stopped when someone grabbed my arm turned me around.

“Jiyong please just-” I looked up into the eyes of him. “Y..Youngbae?” I stuttered.

“Daesung is something the matter?” He asked.

I pulled back my arm and shook my head. “N..No” I stuttered. “W…Why would you ask?” I turned around to look away from him.

“I’m…Just asking. You seem so distant lately and I’m worried about you. Like last night… and when you fell down the stairs.” He placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked to the side and my heart beat faster when his hand was on me.
He cared about me… He really cared. I wish it was more than brotherly caring though. There is nothing I want more is for him to pull me into a hug and kiss me for a long time.

I want my tears to stain his shirt as I sobbed and his hand on the back of my head. Rocking me back and forth, I want him to quietly ‘sh’ me saying ‘it’ll be alright. Don’t cry… I’m here’

I don’t think I will ever get that though. My life is meaningless in this house.

“Thank you Hyung.” I said softly and walked off and down the stairs. I stopped for a second. “I’ll be fine…”

He sighed heavily and nodded. “If you say so.”

We both walked down the stairs together.
When we got to the bottom I looked around for Jiyong, when I didn’t see him I sighed with relief.

“Thanks Mrs. Kang” I frowned when I heard that familiar voice. Jiyong walked out of the kitchen eating something.

I turned to face him and he smiled at me.
“Nice ‘scarf’ bro” He smirked. My gaze quickly turned to something else.

“Thanks” I muttered before walking back up the stairs.

“Oh my god… Where are you going now??” Bora said irritated.

“I forgot my phone.” I muttered.

“Oh! I left mine in your room too” Jiyong said following me.

“They are such good friends” My mom said walking out drying a plate she had just washed.

Bora looked at her and smiled.
“Neh”

Youngbae watched us up the stairs, he didn’t respond to anything my mom just said. It looked like he was thinking.

Did he know something?