I Wish It Were That Easy

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]

I looked in the mirror at my new look. I didn’t even recognize myself. I kept staring at my image in the reflective glass.

Who was he? Why does he look so hurt? Is he in a lot of pain? I wanna know who he is…

I placed both of my hands down on the sink and sighed sadly. I looked over and saw Seunghyun’s razor. So many thoughts were racing through my head. I started to reach for the razor but BOM walked by and stood by the door.

“It looks good you know.” She said softly. I put my arm down by my side and turned to look at her. “Black hair suits your mood. I’ve always wanted to dye your hair black.” She laughed.

“Really?” I said looking back in the mirror.

“Neh, Blonde hair is for bubbly people. Not the ones who are always depressed.” She explained as she walked to stand behind me. “That’s why I always have colorful hair and I always wear colorful clothing.”

I looked at her through her reflection in the mirror. “I wear colorful clothing too.” I frowned.

“Sometimes Dae… Sometimes…” She poked my head.

Seunghyun walked over a few minutes later. “Bae? What are you doing?”

“Just talking with Daesung.” She smiled and walked past Seunghyun and to their bedroom.

Seunghyun looked over at me. “What was that about?” He asked.

I shook my head. “She was just lecturing me about my mood.”

“Oh? Well… I got your bed ready in the guest room. I’m sure you know where it’s at.” Seunghyun said as he started to walk out of the bathroom.

“Hyung?” I said softly as I looked at my reflection again.

Seunghyun stopped walking and turned back around to face me. “Neh?”

“How are they going to have my funeral if they won’t have my body?” I asked looking at him.

He looked at me and thought for a moment. “I honestly don’t know Dae. Maybe… they won’t have your burial… Just a service?” He shrugged and turned back around and walked out.

I watched him leave and then turned off the light after walking out of the bathroom. I walked up the stairs and to the guest room. I laid down on the bed and my mind went to me being back in my room. I didn’t realize it but I fell asleep daydreaming like that. I woke up in the morning. I could smell someone cooking. I could hear someone calling my name, my eyes were still closed, maybe this was all a dream. Maybe… none of this ever happened and it was all normal.

Is it?

I opened my eyes and looked around. I looked for my desk with my picture frams and my computer and stickey notes. I looked for my opened closet with my clothes. I looked for my microphone and piano by the window. Nothing…

There wasn’t a desk, there wasn’t an open closet with my clothes and there was no instruments by the window. I sighed sadly and then slowly sat up in the bed. I got off the bed and stumbled out of the room.

“Hyung?” I called out. “Noona?”

Seunghyun walked out of his room fixing his shirt. He stopped when he saw me. “Good morning.” He looked at me.

I just looked at me. “Morning.” I said softly.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Neh… Everything is just fine.” I sighed.

“Oh you can borrow whatever you want in my closet okay?” He smiled and walked over to the stairs and down them.

I watched him leave and headed to his room. I looked through his closet and pulled something out to wear. I took a shower in the same bathroom that Bom was dying my hair in. When I was finished I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I slowly made my way down stairs and over to the kitchen.

Bom was cooking food and Seunghyun was already eating. She smiled when she saw me. “Well good morning darky!”

I just looked at her confused and Seunghyun threw a piece of egg at her. “Bom… Shhh.”

She looked back at Seunghyun. “What?”

Seunghyun stood up “Dae come and sit down. Eat something okay?” He said sitting back down. I stood there for a moment before walking over and sitting down across from him.

Bom came over with a plate of food for me and placed it down infront of me. “Thank you noona.” I said softly.

She smiled and sat down next to Seunghyun.

“Are you ready for today?” Seunghyun asked as he ate his food.

I looked up at him after I ate a piece of the food Bom made. I set my fork down and sighed. “neh… I guess I am.”

“Hey don’t worry… I’m sure after you see how miuch they miss you today you’ll stop this hiding and tell them you’re really alive.” Seunghyun looked over at me.

“That’s now how it’s going to work Hyung.” I said softly.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I don’t know what I mean.” I slowly took another bite. “I don’t…. I don’t want to come out until Jiyong is found and in jail.” I muttered. “What if he’s at the funeral?” I asked.

“He won’t be there.” Bom chimed in eating some of her food.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“I just know… and if he does come I’ll just beat the crap out of him until he leaves.” Bom said looking at me.

“I wish it was that easy” I sighed.