Would You?

Without That xx

[Daesung’s POV]


 

“They said they’re going to pick him up later today and take him in.” Dami said looking at us.


 

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun looked over at her. She nodded. Seunghyun looked at me. “Well that’s great news! He’s finally going to jail!” Seunghyun clapped once. I just looked at him and he saw my look, he stopped what he was doing and cleared his throat. “I mean… Good… He needs to be locked up.” He nodded.

I sighed and looked up. “Daesung.” I looked over at Bom. “You should go get some rest. You have a big day tomorrow.”

I closed my eyes. “Okay.” I breathed in slowly and then breathed out. I opened my eyes and stood up. I stumbled a bit and Seunghyun held his arms out. “I got it.” I said looking at him.

“Let me at least help you up the stairs…” Seunghyun held onto my arm.

“Ani hyung… I’ve got it… Let me learn okay.” I said softly pulling away from him.

He frowned. “Okay.” He said quietly. He sat down at the table.

Bom walked over to Dami and placed a hand on her shoulder. “You can stay here as long as you would like.” Bom smiled.

Dami looked at her and nodded. “Thank you.” She said before turning around and going back up stairs.

Bom turned to look at Seunghyun, he looked back at her. “What?” He looked around.

Bom shook her head. “nothing.” She smiled.

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” Seunghyun eyed her.

“Nope.” She continued to smile as she walked over behind him and slid her hands down his chest. She leaned down over him slightly and turned her head to look at him. He looked back at her. “I’m just lucky to have someone like you.” She whispered.

Seunghyun smiled back at her. “Well… I am lucky to have someone like you too.” He laughed.

“Daesung is also lucky.” She added.

“What do you mean?” Seunghyun.

“Well without you… Where do you think he would have ended up?” She whispered.

Seunghyun looked confused at her. “Well… I can’t agree with that babe… Daesung is strong… and despite everything that he chose to do in the last 8 months… I’m sure it has done him good.” He said softly.

“Maybe you’re right… Maybe you’re wrong?” Bom stood straight up and moved her hands from his chest to his shoulders. “Maybe we’ll find out tomorrow… When he tells his family and the others the truth.” She started to play with his hair.

Seunghyun looked through his phone. “Well maybe everything will be okay? Like you said… we’ll find out tomorrow.”

“Okay.” Bom said pulling away. “Oh Merry Christmas Eve babe.” She smiled as she walked to the stairs and up.

Seunghyun watched her leave and then took a deep breath. He finally stood up and walked up stairs. He walked to my room and knocked.

“Daesung?” He called through the closed door. “Can we talk?” He then asked. Hearing no response he looked puzzled and then turned the knob. The door slowly opened and he pushed it the rest of the way. “Dae?” He called again.

I wasn’t in my room.

As an instinct now… he started to panic. He ran around my room looking for me. He never noticed that the window to the balcony was opened. He looked in the bathroom and then ran to the middle of the room.

“Daesung???” He called out once more. He heard a cough come from behind him. He quickly turned around and walked towards the window. He poked his head out and saw me sitting on the ledge, dangling my legs over. He sighed.

I didn’t look at him. “You okay?” I asked softly.

“I thought you ran off.” He responded, walking over and finally sitting down next to me. He looked out into the night sky.

“It’s so pretty.” I said softly, smiling a bit.

Seunghyun looked at me and then back out. He smiled too. “Neh.”

I tilted my head to the side and looked up. “You know… I’m kinda gonna miss this hiding.” I looked at Seunghyun.

He looked back at me. “Really? Why?” He asked confused.

“I dunno…” I looked away. “I guess I enjoyed not relying on anyone. In a sense I guess this whole thing ‘saved’ my life.” I said softly.

“I don’t get what you’re saying Dae.” Seunghyun looked at him.

“When I tell my family I’m still alive… I’m going to tell Youngbae that I liked him.” I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them. I rested my chin on my knees. I took a deep breath.

Seunghyun watched me, with deep confusion. “Daesung… I’m a little confused.” He shook his head.

“What is there to be confused about?” I looked at him. “I realized that I can’t interfere with my sisters relationship anymore and I can’t beat myself up over a relationship that will probably never happen.” I looked down over the ledge. I scooted up a bit to be able to see, but Seunghyun pulled me back a few feet… Afraid I would try something. “It’s useless hyung.” I said under my breath.

He looked at me and then looked at the side, facing away from me. “Who knows Daesung… maybe he’ll change his mind about you.” Seunghyun picked up a leaf that fell from a plant hanging above. He let it go and watched as the cold wind and snow carried it away. “It’s getting cold.” He looked up and then at me.

“Even if he does like me… I don’t know if I could go on with a relationship with him. I don’t want to hurt my sister.” I looked at Seunghyun who was still looking up.

“Let’s get inside Dae.” He said softly.

“Are you listening to me?” I asked.

“I think I’ll make some hot chocolate… You want some?” He said starting to move to get up.

“Hyung.” I looked at him.

“What?” He finally answered me.

“Nevermind…” I shook my head and hugged my knees tighter.

“What do you want me to say Daesung? Agree with you? Or Disagree with you? Your sister was the person who you got into an argument with right before they think you died. She’s the one that made us leave the house early enough to get into that accident.” Seunghyun stopped moving to answer me. “Maybe… Jiyong was watching us the whole time and it could have happened even if we left on a lighter note….” He shook his head and I looked at him. “Can I ask you something?”

I nodded.

“If you and Bora never had that argument… but we still had gotten into an accident… They still thought you were dead… Would you do this whole secret thing?” He asked me.

I opened my mouth and then looked away. I looked up at the snow falling, hitting my face. “I don’t know how to answer that hyung.” I said softly.

“It’s just a simple yes or no answer.” He uttered.

“I dunno… yes?” I let my legs hang back down over the ledge.

“Why?” He then asked.

“What?” I looked at him in confusion.

“Why? Why would you do it still? Closer? Wanting to still know if your family loves you?” Seunghyun rubbed his face.

I looked at the ground beneath us. “Because I would want to know.” I answered.

“What if you did all this… which you obviously did… but you had a chance to go back in time… Would you do this whole thing again?” He asked wanting to know.

I smiled and shook my head. That smile alone was enough to make Seunghyun smile. We both looked up, I tilted my head to the side a bit. “Oh! Hyung! A shooting star!”